ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 16th June 2011, 09:40 AM   #281
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

There is a mud spot that appears in front of the "big toe" in both prints. The Finding Bigfoot team should have noticed this oddity.

Old 16th June 2011, 10:33 AM   #282
Drewbot
Illuminator

The spot is in the exact same spot on both prints
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 01:51 PM   #283
inn
Muse

Toe drag.
inn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 01:55 PM   #284
atpeace

Originally Posted by inn View Post
Toe drag.
Or a cane. My guess it's an older bigfoot who can't chase down the deer along the Powerline Bigfoot Highway so it raids residential trash cans and absconds with little dogs and kitties.
atpeace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 02:23 PM   #285
sillyhead
Critical Thinker

Maybe some hippies could help out. This year, the National Gathering of the Rainbow Family of Living Light will be held in Washington, in Skookum Meadows, which is "the most well know big foot habitat" according to the directions there.
Old 17th June 2011, 03:12 PM   #286
DennyT
Master Poster

"tracks" that begin out of nowhere and go nowhere. Classic for faked tracks since the Days of Paul Freeman.
Old 17th June 2011, 04:22 PM   #287
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Right rear foot of the pig it was carrying.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2011, 12:30 PM   #288
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Tomorrow night is the Finding Bigfoot episode from Oregon. It will feature the McKenzie River Bigfoot video which we previously discussed here.

Old 18th June 2011, 01:46 PM   #289
Drewbot
Illuminator

An old bigfoot using a cane. #Toolusingsasquatch
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2011, 05:16 PM   #290
lancemoody
Student

I blogged the story of how the stars of Finding Bigfoot have turned on the producers of the show. The whole thing is pretty funny.

Lance Moody
notaghost.com
lancemoody is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2011, 08:09 PM   #291
mustbeso
Thinker

I use a cane and I have big feet. Is this an omen?
mustbeso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2011, 08:52 PM   #292
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mustbeso View Post
I use a cane and I have big feet. Is this an omen?
Where were you that day?

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2011, 03:23 PM   #293
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

There are two preview clips for tonight's episode.

Bobo hears a coyote with his parabolic ear and says "That's a Squatch!"

The shill is back doing tree knocks.

They try to lure in a Bigfoot using a live rabbit in a cage.
Attached Images
File Type: png tumblr_l6car5MTnV1qb8jr2o1_500_thumb.png (70.8 KB, 144 views)
Old 19th June 2011, 04:34 PM   #294
GeeMack
Banned

I just caught a moment of the show, and it sounded like a fellow said one of the biggest differences between a bear and a Sasquatch is the size. Interesting that he neglected to mention probably the most glaring difference, that being the simple fact that bears are actually known to exist and the Sasquatch isn't. In fact, given the fact that Sasquatch is not even known to exist, describing some characteristic of it like its size seems to be an exercise in stupidity.
GeeMack is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2011, 04:58 PM   #295
atpeace

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/f...-evidence.html

"The bigfoot team explains how they can tell real evidence from fake. Since only a few pieces of what they deem real evidence exist, it's fairly easy for them to spot a fake." Animal Planet

italic and bolding mine
ap
atpeace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2011, 08:55 PM   #296
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

"That's a squatch!"

Old 19th June 2011, 08:57 PM   #297
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Squatch urine!

But they abandon it...

Old 19th June 2011, 09:21 PM   #298
HarryHenderson
Muse

Originally Posted by sillyhead View Post
...Skookum Meadows, which is "the most well know big foot habitat" according to the directions there.
I think at one time they counted 37 Bigfeet 'running through the meadow' in a single 24 hour period. So you better believe it's the 'most' Bigfoot anything...ever...period! Mister!

Originally Posted by GeeMack View Post
...given the fact that Sasquatch is not even known to exist, describing some characteristic of it like its size seems to be an exercise in stupidity.
Criticizing such 'exercises' is pretty much the main focus of most of the JREF Bigfoot threads.

Originally Posted by atpeace View Post
...only a few pieces...
Anyone know what those 'few pieces' are?
Old 19th June 2011, 09:49 PM   #299
DennyT
Master Poster

Highlights of tonight's Oregon show:

Renae sometimes loses the librarian glasses.

"squatchy area" is understood to mean "there ain't squat there"

Rusty and Brady had the thrown rock, the wood knocks, the screams, the glowing eyes and a cast; they certainly did their homework.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:06 AM   #300
atpeace

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Anyone know what those 'few pieces' are?
Yeah, it makes about as much sense as bigfootery in general since they've already gathered a "few" pieces of evidence in 4 episodes of Finding Bigfoot and they've been at this for how many years? I'm sure someone(?) will point out the statement was an error made by AP producers. Which is true. It should have said "no piece of what science deems real evidence exists...".

Last edited by atpeace; 20th June 2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 20th June 2011, 06:40 AM   #301
The Shrike
Master Poster

Got to see a few minutes of this ridiculous show yesterday - the thorough debunking of the Mike Greene thermal video was more delicious than any Zagnut bar. Some other observations:

1) That Moneymaker is a far bigger a-- than I realized. He's even evil to his own people. I thought I was watching an episode of Bridezillas on one of his tantrums.

2) The part during which they think they caught a bigfoot on the thermal camera and MM goes "running" after it - what was up with his people criticizing him for that? Isn't that one of the major problems with BFRO expeditions, that no one ever pursues the squatch?

3) The couple on the 4-wheelers saw a big hairy creature on four legs whose hindquarters were higher than its forequarters? This wasn't a bear because . . . ?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 07:06 AM   #302
Drewbot
Illuminator

3. It was a person?
Old 20th June 2011, 08:34 AM   #303
The Shrike
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
3. It was a person?
Yeah, that would work too, but I'd rule out bear first given their description.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 12:10 PM   #304
DennyT
Master Poster

By the way, in the North Carolina episode, that deer's broken leg:
LOL Moneymaker the orthopedic surgeon
That was NOT a spiral fracture.
That was an oblique (nearly transverse) fracture of the type usually seen when a vehicle strikes a person....an impact injury, not a twisting injury.

It would be treated with an intramedullary nail. Spiral fractures are at a lesser angle to the long axis and generally exhibit a more irregular edge. If surgery is required they are generally treated with compression.

I guess MM should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

(I anticipate the bleevers response: Bigfoot could have been driving a vehicle.)

Last edited by DennyT; 20th June 2011 at 12:21 PM.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 12:11 PM   #305
Drewbot
Illuminator

I am itching to settle down tonight and watch my FINDING BIGFOOT on TIVO.

It is absolutely horrible Television... but... I ... CAN'T... look... awaaaaayyyyyy....

If anything, BOBO should get his own show out of this. He is so theatrically money, in a Larry Fine kind of way.

Last edited by Drewbot; 20th June 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:19 PM   #306
Drewbot
Illuminator

It looked like a spiral fracture to me, I went on Google, and looked up spiral fracture on Images. And some of them look surprisingly like a spiral fracture.

Take a look at this, it looks just like the bone on the show
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...Op_AP_View.jpg
Old 20th June 2011, 12:28 PM   #307
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It would be great if the producers put out a Making of Finding Bigfoot after the series airs as a surprise to the cast. The shill was wearing a camera and we get to see him running around knocking trees, howling, throwing rocks, etc. They show us how they made fake tracks for the team to find. Interviews with some witnesses who confess to fabricating their stories. All hoaxes get explained and the cast declared that stuff to be Bigfoot. That would be awesome.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:33 PM   #308
DennyT
Master Poster

Drew
Actually to the trained eye that radiograph of a spiral fracture doesn't look like what was on the show. Notice the angle and the "splintering." The deer fracture was more like a snapped carrot.

Btw many many roadkills on m-115 including more coons than I have ever seen; one hit by my son on 131.

Last edited by DennyT; 20th June 2011 at 12:40 PM.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 12:38 PM   #309
Drewbot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by parnassus View Post
Actually to the trained eye that radiograph of a spiral fracture doesn't look like what was on the show. Notice the angle and the "splintering." The deer fracture was more like a snapped carrot.

Btw many many roadkills on m-115 including more coons than I have ever seen.
No doubt! I saw so many dead coons, turtles and deer up there, but, alas, no sign of that Clare County Bigfoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_U1...eature=related
Look at 9:17, and tell me that doesn't look like the Xray

Last edited by Drewbot; 20th June 2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:43 PM   #310
DennyT
Master Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Tomorrow night is the Finding Bigfoot episode from Oregon. It will feature the McKenzie River Bigfoot video which we previously discussed here.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9&d=1283623480 http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&d=1283623892

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...BigfootAG1.gif
Yes the disgusting part is that Barackman had already debunked it on his website. http://northamericanbigfoot.blogspot...ation.html?m=1
Old 20th June 2011, 12:54 PM   #311
Mr.D
Self Assessed Dunning-Kruger Expert

I don't know what you guys are complaining about.

It's the Funniest Show EVER.

It's supposed to be funny, right?
Old 20th June 2011, 01:14 PM   #312
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Finding Bigfoot - Oregon is now on YouTube. Parts 1-3.
Old 20th June 2011, 01:32 PM   #313
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
No doubt! I saw so many dead coons, turtles and deer up there, but, alas, no sign of that Clare County Bigfoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_U1...eature=related
Look at 9:17, and tell me that doesn't look like the Xray
You can link to the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A_U1...ailpage#t=550s

Old 20th June 2011, 01:33 PM   #314
DennyT
Master Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Finding Bigfoot - Oregon is now on YouTube. Parts 1-3.
Ike's Bar was one of the venues for this past weeks Oregon Sasquatch Symposium. http://webs.dudamobile.com/site/webs...etwork=fw#0023
Old 20th June 2011, 02:47 PM   #315
Wakeup
Scholar

The problem with shows like 'Finding Bigfoot' is the high level of enthusiasm without the proper approach. Never have I seen the True Believers ask for other opinions or analysis. To conclude video imagery as genuine you must use reverse science and rule out all possibilities FIRST. There is a reason why they use the 100% sasquatch confirm so often, it's because NOTHING in any footage is descernible, Hence, there is no sasquatch, PERIOD!.

Time has run out on Outrageous folklores like Bigfoot. The true believers in The Bigfoot myth will continune to see Giant 800 pound apes behind every tree in North America. MY theory is to debate what we know as Fact and conclusive such as Known tangible evidence and irrefutable data which amounts to absolutely Nothing after 5 decades and countless hours of searching. Where is the Proof ..????????

Bigfoot doesn't exist. But the American forest would be pretty boring without a good mystery and idiots who still believe.
Wakeup is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 03:27 PM   #316
atpeace

I am just now watching Fishing in Oregon and the very last time they show the whitewater video (before they get to the town meeting) it is much clearer and I easily see a white cap and a dark t-shirt and the persons naked arms below the sleeves. It is at 16:30 on my download. It is so obvious. Wonder why the other images were soo much blobbier?
Old 20th June 2011, 04:11 PM   #317
atpeace

I don't know, my doubts are fading. It does make perfect sense that a blobsquatch would leave the shown blobfootprint and bloburine.

They repeated a couple times how BF doesn't like to reveal itself in daylight hours. I wonder what percentage of the 4000+ sightings on the infamous database are daylight sightings. I remember reading quite a lot of them.
Old 20th June 2011, 05:27 PM   #318
Drewbot
Illuminator

Cliff- 'whether this film shows a sasquatch or not, we are CLEARLY in a very squatchy area.'

Clearly.
Old 20th June 2011, 05:37 PM   #319
Drewbot
Illuminator

Bobo on Squatch
'They're probably the rarest animal in North America'
Old 21st June 2011, 04:26 AM   #320
Drewbot
Illuminator

The team set up a 500 watt speaker system on one of the hills overlooking a valley.
I couldn't help but wonder, 'what would answer the call?'.

Would it be coyote?, elk?, or even a lone wolf?
NO!

It's Bigfoot, It's Bigfoot, it BIG it's hairy it stinks,
It's Bigfoot, It's Bigfoot, it's good for a nod and a wink.

Really though, the result of the giant call blasting from the BFRO hill, was most likely a response from another Bigfoot group on the next hill over, and a resulting symphony of Bigfoot calls radiating outward from each hillside in the entire Williamette valley, each group proudly reporting bigfoot contact, ignorant of the isolated farmhouses and cabins lying quietly (as it were) in the valleys below. Each of those with owners wondering aloud 'Wow, the coyotes a sure havin' a fit tonight'.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal