ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dave Thomas , thermite

Reply
Old 9th June 2011, 10:40 AM   #1
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Skeptical Inquirer July/August issue on 9/11 Truth, now at the Printer's

Most of the upcoming July/August issue of Skeptical Inquirer is devoted to analyses and discussion of 9/11 Truth and 9/11 conspiracy theories.



I've an article about the top three claims of the Truth Movement: "near-freefall" collapse of the towers, thermite and melted steel, and the enigma of WTC 7.

It should be coming out soon, but I'm announcing it now, so all our truther friends can start working up a good sweat.

FYI, JREF, Mackey, Gravy, Sunstealer et. al. are all cited.

Last edited by DaveThomasNMSR; 9th June 2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: NWO orders!
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Baylor
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,089
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
FYI, JREF, Mackey, Gravy, Sunstealer et. al. are all cited.


Hope Gravy pops in and weighs in. I miss him giving parky those scoldings.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Kent1
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,179
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Most of the upcoming July/August issue of Skeptical Inquirer is devoted to analyses and discussion of 9/11 Truth and 9/11 conspiracy theories.

http://www.nmsr.org/si_cover.jpg

I've an article about the top three claims of the Truth Movement: "near-freefall" collapse of the towers, thermite and melted steel, and the enigma of WTC 7.

It should be coming out soon, but I'm announcing it now, so all our truther friends can start working up a good sweat.

FYI, JREF, Mackey, Gravy, Sunstealer et. al. are all cited.
Great, I will check it out.
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2011, 04:58 PM   #4
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,371
Noted with interest. I will follow up.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 07:10 AM   #5
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Got my advance copy in the mail!

And that means the issue will be hitting mailboxes and better bookstores soon!

To stir things up a bit, here's a teaser from my article on the top Truth theories after 10 years:


Cheers, Dave
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 36,058
Will it be possible to order this issue online, or is it part of a yearly subscription?

(Couldn't find a mention of it at the website.)
__________________
Challenge your thoughts.
Don't believe everything you think.
Orphia Nay is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 07:10 AM   #7
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Will it be possible to order this issue online, or is it part of a yearly subscription?

(Couldn't find a mention of it at the website.)
Looks like you can get subscriptions online, but not individual issues.

I would look for it at the better news-stands, having a variety of periodicals.

This reviewer found it, but not at Wal-Mart:
Quote:
I purchase my copy at Books A Million, but have also seen it in other large book stores.
Good luck!
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,671
Pretty tough to get it in Europe
With a great deal of luck, such specialty mags are found at international airports or major train stations.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 08:43 AM   #9
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,658
You could ask at the pseudo-skeptical department of the RWTH, Oystein. Oh, wait...
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 09:12 AM   #10
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,671
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You could ask at the pseudo-skeptical department of the RWTH, Oystein. Oh, wait...
Hey, how about you and I one day meet for a coffee or two in Aachen, near the civil engineering department buildings? Not sure if they do aeronautical engineering at the RWTH... We could learn a few things maybe
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 10:15 AM   #11
tanabear
Critical Thinker
 
tanabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 286
"Galileo wrote to Kepler wishing they could have a good laugh together at the stupidity of 'the mob.'; the rest of his letter makes it plain that 'the mob' consisted of professors of philosophy, who tried to conjure away Jupiter's moons, using 'logic-chopping arguments as though they were magical incantations."
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

In our day, the "mob" consists of skeptics, debunkers, Bush crazies, the mainstream media etc. who attempt to conjure away free-fall, Newton's third law, and physical evidence with the same 'logic-chopping arguments'.
__________________
pomeroo: "Mark, where did this guy get the idea that you talked about holding aluminum in your hand?"

Undesired Walrus: "Why, Ron, Mark mentioned this on your very own show!"
tanabear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,671
Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
"Galileo wrote to Kepler wishing they could have a good laugh together at the stupidity of 'the mob.'; the rest of his letter makes it plain that 'the mob' consisted of professors of philosophy, who tried to conjure away Jupiter's moons, using 'logic-chopping arguments as though they were magical incantations."
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

In our day, the "mob" consists of skeptics, debunkers, Bush crazies, the mainstream media etc. who attempt to conjure away free-fall, Newton's third law, and physical evidence with the same 'logic-chopping arguments'.
You think you are clever, because you can write the names of some clever men of the past, right? You think that by invoking their names, their power and prestige is bestowed upon you? Or do you plan to present an argument sometime and support it with well-sourced evidence and logic?

Try this:
State Newton's third law, and apply it to anything that happened on 9/11. State and source what you observed, explain how you model these observations, apply Newton's third law to that model (if applicable; if not, you already lose), and do the math. Draw conclusions from your work!
Prediction: You will fail on the first step already.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 11:25 AM   #13
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,658
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Hey, how about you and I one day meet for a coffee or two in Aachen, near the civil engineering department buildings? Not sure if they do aeronautical engineering at the RWTH... We could learn a few things maybe

They're big at nano-tech. We could bring some termites.
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 12:59 PM   #14
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher
 
Cl1mh4224rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,958
Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
"Galileo wrote to Kepler wishing they could have a good laugh together at the stupidity of 'the mob.'; the rest of his letter makes it plain that 'the mob' consisted of professors of philosophy, who tried to conjure away Jupiter's moons, using 'logic-chopping arguments as though they were magical incantations."
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

In our day, the "mob" consists of skeptics, debunkers, Bush crazies, the mainstream media etc. who attempt to conjure away free-fall, Newton's third law, and physical evidence with the same 'logic-chopping arguments'.

You can't conjure away something that is not in evidence.

However, a number of truthers have attempted to conjure away such things as fire, gravitational potential energy, phone calls from victims on the planes, and even the victims and planes themselves.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 03:50 PM   #15
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
"Galileo wrote to Kepler wishing they could have a good laugh together at the stupidity of 'the mob.'; the rest of his letter makes it plain that 'the mob' consisted of professors of philosophy, who tried to conjure away Jupiter's moons, using 'logic-chopping arguments as though they were magical incantations."
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

In our day, the "mob" consists of skeptics, debunkers, Bush crazies, the mainstream media etc. who attempt to conjure away free-fall, Newton's third law, and physical evidence with the same 'logic-chopping arguments'.
Tanabear, all your comments are showing us is that you haven't read my article, because it indeed does discuss free-fall, Newton's 3rd law, physical evidence, and more (especially conservation of momentum) in great detail.

If you're going to criticize it (the S/I special 9/11 issue IS the topic of this thread, after all), perhaps you should at least read the thing first.
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 09:45 PM   #16
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 36,058
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Looks like you can get subscriptions online, but not individual issues.

I would look for it at the better news-stands, having a variety of periodicals.

This reviewer found it, but not at Wal-Mart:

Good luck!
Subscribed! I'd been meaning to for quite a while, since I get their e-newsletter and read their online articles often. Yay, lots of good stuff to look forward to!
__________________
Challenge your thoughts.
Don't believe everything you think.
Orphia Nay is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2011, 10:44 PM   #17
chrismohr
Master Poster
 
chrismohr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,080
Worth a mention that Michael Shermer of skeptic.com has asked me to write an article for his mag too. Not sure if it's being published, but for those who don't know me, I debated Richard Gage on March 6. The debate was videotaped but they decided against making it available to the public. I'm about to release about 20 YouTube videos with the main points, and a boiled down version of that ,may appear in skeptic.com.
Chris Mohr
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2011, 01:45 PM   #18
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,022
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Pretty tough to get it in Europe
With a great deal of luck, such specialty mags are found at international airports or major train stations.
Oddly, I noticed that Easons in Dublin have it, the previous issue at least. I'll get this one when it arrives.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2011, 01:47 PM   #19
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,022
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Tanabear, all your comments are showing us is that you haven't read my article, because it indeed does discuss free-fall, Newton's 3rd law, physical evidence, and more (especially conservation of momentum) in great detail.

If you're going to criticize it (the S/I special 9/11 issue IS the topic of this thread, after all), perhaps you should at least read the thing first.
What I find most amusing is that he obviously knows SFA about Galileo, the man who denied comets, and the scientific method.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2011, 02:00 PM   #20
A W Smith
Philosopher
 
A W Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,032
Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
"Galileo wrote to Kepler wishing they could have a good laugh together at the stupidity of 'the mob.'; the rest of his letter makes it plain that 'the mob' consisted of professors of philosophy, who tried to conjure away Jupiter's moons, using 'logic-chopping arguments as though they were magical incantations."
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

In our day, the "mob" consists of skeptics, debunkers, Bush crazies, the mainstream media etc. who attempt to conjure away free-fall, Newton's third law, and physical evidence with the same 'logic-chopping arguments'.

"cliche thinking" logical fallacy noted
__________________
911 resource site by Mark Roberts
http://wtc7lies.googlepages.com/home
Gravy: Christopher7; You are a Basking Shark in a sea of ignorance.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2011, 02:29 PM   #21
Myron Proudfoot
Master Poster
 
Myron Proudfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern VA/DC
Posts: 2,361
I enjoyed the story on "Hellish Nell" although I wish it had talked more about the wartime trial...
__________________
InfoWars. Punching logic in the face on a daily basis. (from Facebook)
Myron Proudfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2011, 03:17 PM   #22
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Whilst we're waiting for the Gage Machine to get cranked up, here's a mention of the special issue from the Atheist Experience blog, "Don't Be a Dick redux ó now with Real Life Adventure!":

Originally Posted by Martin
Had an absolutely insane personal encounter today that I'm still having difficulty processing, because it was the sort of display of flagrantly irrational, histrionic and emotional behavior that we as atheists and rationalists criticize, but which you in fact rarely get to experience right in your face. It reminded me of a great many basic axioms though. For one thing, being an atheist is no guarantee you'll come with rationality pre-installed. For another, it never fails that people who have fanatical views that they refuse to see challenged will be the first to praise themselves as beacons of reason. It's a human flaw I suppose we must all watch out for.

So I'm at a nearby mall today, when I pass by a fellow ó who Shall Remain Unnamed ó who, many years ago, used to be an ACA member. He left a while back, to the disappointment of few, it must be said, and I recall not liking him much personally for some prima donna behavior he exhibited in regards to the TV show at the time. But anyway, I caught his eye and decided it never hurts to be friendly, so I waved and said hi. I soon had cause to regret my sociability.

We spoke for a moment, and everything was gas and gators. Then he demonstrated that, since leaving the ACA, he's travelled to a much weirder place, by turning the conversation towards ó are you ready? ó 9/11 conspiracy theories. Basically, he buys them.

...

So the guy shows me the new issue of Skeptical Inquirer, and indignantly denounces its cover story debunking 9/11 conspiracy mongering as "propaganda." He then goes on to speculate that the Center for Inquiry has been infiltrated by the CIA, who planted the story in the magazine. (He did not, in his genius, consider that if the CIA was doing this sort of thing, they certainly have the wherewithal to plant such a story in bigger and better-selling publications than Skeptical Inquirer, whose global circulation is around 50,000, compared to, say, Time's 3.3 million.) Anyway, it was a farrago of absurdity, and I could tell he was passionate about it.

...
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2011, 08:02 AM   #23
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,706
Quote:
"It should be coming out soon, but I'm announcing it now, so all our truther friends can start working up a good sweat. "

They will simply hand wave it away

The best you can hope for it stopping a few people from falling into the truther cess pool.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2011, 04:40 PM   #24
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,760
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Most of the upcoming July/August issue of Skeptical Inquirer is devoted to analyses and discussion of 9/11 Truth and 9/11 conspiracy theories.

http://www.nmsr.org/si_cover.jpg

I've an article about the top three claims of the Truth Movement: "near-freefall" collapse of the towers, thermite and melted steel, and the enigma of WTC 7.

It should be coming out soon, but I'm announcing it now, so all our truther friends can start working up a good sweat.

FYI, JREF, Mackey, Gravy, Sunstealer et. al. are all cited.
If I can find the magazine at a local store I'll purchase it. Digitil copies seem to be out of the question since they apparently have a release delay for those things
__________________
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2011, 09:05 AM   #25
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
More Reactions from the Blogosphere

From the Barracuda Readings blog (translated from Italian)
Quote:
Look for: The next issue of the Skeptical Inquirer - not yet available - is about the madness of 9 / 11 conspiracy theories. Just in time. Barracuda saw the last few days, following the visit of Box Boy Richard Gage on The Netherlands, in different forums again ...
From the Political Forum blog:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Excellent research, and some great articles.
Originally Posted by RtWngaFraud
Originally Posted by Hannibal
Wrong issue, wrong author.

Perhaps you could address the topic? The link you posted has nothing to with the current article, except for being published in the same periodical.

Can you find fault with the current issue and if so, please show us your rebuttal.
From EBAY Forums (yes, EBAY!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wade
I bought the latest issue of "Skeptical Inquirer" today. They have a hate and lie piece by someone named "Dave Thomas", no doubt not his real name, about the 911 Truth Movement..

The title is "9/11 Conspiracy Theories Ten Years Later" with it featured on the front cover in red and white to catch the most attention of the gullible and ignorant.

I'm already seeing some very bad and stupid mistakes about the science of 911 in the piece which I'll report on later here on TS in about a week.

But they must think the American people are soooooo stupid to swallow this garbage and they must be getting desperate because this magazine did another hate and lie piece on the 911 Truth movement only a few months ago.

But in about a week I'll point out some of the errors and lies, one of which is so bad that even a 5 year old child can clearly see it's a lie.
Originally Posted by nuvisitors
The OP has spewed more hate than any magazine possibly could.
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2011, 10:44 AM   #26
JamesB
Master Poster
 
JamesB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,152
Picked up a copy at Borders last night. Pretty well done. Although I can't believe you plugged those nitwits over at Screw Loose Change...
__________________
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2011, 05:54 PM   #27
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 25,594
Quote:
by someone named "Dave Thomas", no doubt not his real name

Say it ain't so, "Dave", say it ain't so!

__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2011, 09:42 PM   #28
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator
 
Sam.I.Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
someone named "Dave Thomas", no doubt not his real name
Agent #132214, they have figured out that your real name is Nigel Winchell Orwell. Begin sub-protocol Delta-Echo-Romeo-Papa immediately.
__________________
"Swift, silent and deadly" was a part of my job description Upon hearing me say that my friend asked me "So you're a fart?"...

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2011, 01:46 AM   #29
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder
 
Drs_Res's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: N 34 3 8 / W 118 14 33
Posts: 2,094
Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Agent #132214, they have figured out that your real name is Nigel Winchell Orwell. Begin sub-protocol Delta-Echo-Romeo-Papa immediately.
The mouse is in the maple syrup... the cat is content!
__________________
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Drs_Res is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2011, 10:20 AM   #30
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Agent #132214, they have figured out that your real name is Nigel Winchell Orwell. Begin sub-protocol Delta-Echo-Romeo-Papa immediately.
Twit, don't you realize this is in violation of directive NWO-SNAFU-BLOG-59f, regarding mentioning sensitive information on public blogs?

Including directive NWO-SNAFU-BLOG-59f itself!?! Oops
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2011, 11:21 AM   #31
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,847
Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Agent #132214, they have figured out that your real name is Nigel Winchell Orwell. Begin sub-protocol Delta-Echo-Romeo-Papa immediately.
Originally Posted by Drs_Res View Post
The mouse is in the maple syrup... the cat is content!
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
Twit, don't you realize this is in violation of directive NWO-SNAFU-BLOG-59f, regarding mentioning sensitive information on public blogs?

Including directive NWO-SNAFU-BLOG-59f itself!?! Oops

You know the OWO owns the NWO.

If I were you both, I'd ...

I'd be confused
haha.

*knock knock*
Candy Gram !

This is not a post by the OWO.
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2011, 11:28 AM   #32
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing
 
rwguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 16 miles from 7 lakes
Posts: 10,665
Mongo Like candy!
__________________
"Political correctness is a doctrine,...,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
"
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2011, 12:38 PM   #33
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,847
Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
Mongo Like candy!
Mongo no longer with us.

www.spike.com/video-clips/gytf2i/land-shark

this is not a post by the owo
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2011, 01:47 PM   #34
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing
 
rwguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 16 miles from 7 lakes
Posts: 10,665
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Mongo no longer with us.

www.spike.com/video-clips/gytf2i/land-shark

this is not a post by the owo
Which goad-hook are you using?
__________________
"Political correctness is a doctrine,...,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
"
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2011, 07:59 AM   #35
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Mongo no longer with us.

www.spike.com/video-clips/gytf2i/land-shark

this is not a post by the owo
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Puzzled, though - Mongo is still with us!
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 08:06 AM   #36
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse
 
DaveThomasNMSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 859
First Significant Correction: Yes, Virginia, there HAS been a Thermitic CD!

In my article "The 9/11 Truth Movement:The Top Conspiracy Theory, a Decade Later" I made the following statement, which was included as a caption:

Quote:
Thermite is simply not practical for carrying out a controlled demolition, and there is no documentation of it ever having been used for that purpose.
After publication, a sharp reader named Joe wrote me to say:
Quote:
On page 38 you say "Thermite is simply not practical for carrying out a controlled demolition, and there is no documentation of it ever having been used for that purpose." In fact, there was one.

In 1933/34 Chicago held a World's Fair, A Century of Progress. One of the attractions was something called "The Sky Ride." Two 600+ foot tall towers supported cars which passengers rode between them at the 200+ foot level.

After the Fair completed it's run the towers were razed. The West tower was brought down by dynamite, the East by thermite.

Look at the Wikipedia entry for the Sky Ride.
The Wiki article linked to a November 1935 article in Popular Mechanics which discusses the demolition, with pictures:



I am glad to learn of this. It took a lot of thermite, by the way, for just two beams! Thanks, Joe!

Mod InfoDiscussion on this specific article has been split to here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...20#post7369820
Posted By:Locknar

Last edited by Locknar; 14th July 2011 at 10:24 PM.
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 10:07 AM   #37
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
That's a good find, Dave. And yes, that is a significant correction. So it has been used in the past. Good to know; I'll have to remember that.

And: 1,500 lbs, huh? Yeah. I'll bet the excuse given now will be "But it wasn't nanothermite!"
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 10:17 AM   #38
Scott the Grey
Scholar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 82
Excellent, I'll look forward to this coming through the letterbox. (and hopefully I don't have to contact SI's subscriptions after waiting too long to get this one delivered as I did last time ...)
Scott the Grey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 10:58 AM   #39
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,022
Originally Posted by DaveThomasNMSR View Post
In my article "The 9/11 Truth Movement:The Top Conspiracy Theory, a Decade Later" I made the following statement, which was included as a caption:



After publication, a sharp reader named Joe wrote me to say:


The Wiki article linked to a November 1935 article in Popular Mechanics which discusses the demolition, with pictures:

http://www.nmsr.org/skyride.jpg

I am glad to learn of this. It took a lot of thermite, by the way, for just two beams! Thanks, Joe!
Interesting. Though what's even more interesting, at least to me, is that none of the twoof movements (alleged) scientists, engineers and experts had discovered this example either.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2011, 11:18 AM   #40
Dog Town
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,862
Originally Posted by catsmate1 View Post
Interesting. Though what's even more interesting, at least to me, is that none of the twoof movements (alleged) scientists, engineers and experts had discovered this example either.
I can't imagine why either.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.