ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags forum grants , tam , TAM 10

Old 20th March 2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Nap, interrupted.

TAM 2012 forum grant program

TAM 2012 registration is open, so that means it's yet again time to open the forum grant program. The forum grant program accepts donations from JREF and forum members and awards the money to worthy applicants to cover their registration fee for TAM 2012. It does not cover air fare, hotel, or other expenses.

If you would like to apply for a forum grant, please send me a PM with your full name and address. Also specify whether you are a paid-up member of the JREF (not just the forum) and whether you are a student. Finally, include a few sentences about yourself and why you think attending TAM 2012 is the best possible thing you can do in Las Vegas in July.

If you can donate to the forum grant program, please send a check to the JREF with "TAM FORUM GRANT PROGRAM" on the memo line. Sometime soon you should also be able to donate online. I will post further announcements here as things develop.

Remember, folks, no one gets a TAM forum grant unless you donate to the cause. Please be generous. And check out Kitty's forum grant auction:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=232337

All TAM 2012 forum grants are given in memory of Jeffrey A. Wenning, our beloved Mr Skinny.

~~ Paul

RIP Mr. Skinny
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Eos of the Eons
Mad Scientist

What? When did Mr Skinny.. what??? I'm so sorry I wasn't aware until now.
The Lateral Truth: An Apostate's Bible Stories by Rebecca Bradley, read it!
Eos of the Eons is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Nap, interrupted.

Yes, I'm afraid our beloved Mr Skinny passed away on Feb. 2:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=229578

We make these forum grant awards in his memory.

~~ Paul

RIP Mr. Skinny
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2012, 04:15 AM   #4
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Nap, interrupted.

You can now make a donation to the TAM 2012 forum grant fund online:

https://secure3.convio.net/jref/site...on2?df_id=1501

It's easy! It's fun!

~~ Paul

RIP Mr. Skinny
Old 24th April 2012, 08:20 AM   #5
Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Nap, interrupted.

There seems to be some confusion about the timing of forum grant awards. Donations to the forum grant fund roll in slowly up until about two weeks before TAM. If you have applied for a grant, it might not be awarded until May or June.

If you PM me, I'm happy to make a guess about whether you will receive a grant, but I can only guarantee it if the funds are already available.

~~ Paul

RIP Mr. Skinny
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Baloney
Muse

Originally Posted by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos View Post
You can now make a donation to the TAM 2012 forum grant fund online:

https://secure3.convio.net/jref/site...on2?df_id=1501

It's easy! It's fun!

~~ Paul
It's very easy!

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events