ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Do you agree with FatFreddy88's claims that Apollo was a hoax?
I am an active hoax thread participant, and I agree with FatFreddy88; Apollo was a fake. 0 0%
I am an active hoax thread participant, and I think Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong. 44 14.62%
I am *not* an active hoax thread participant, but I agree with FatFreddy88; Apollo was a fake. 1 0.33%
I am *not* an active hoax thread participant, but I think Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong. 256 85.05%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd April 2012, 07:11 PM   #1
sts60
Master Poster

Apollo "hoax" poll - all forum participants invited

In the Apollo "hoax" thread, FatFreddy88 (aka DavidC, rocky, cosmored, etc.*), who believes that Apollo was a hoax, said about a challenge to his claims:
Originally Posted by FatFreddy88 View Post
...I don't think many of the viewers are fooled.
This is very much like his claim over on the old apollohoax forum, where he asserted
Originally Posted by rocky/FF88
...the viewers are watching and judging...People can judge for themselves on this one.
In other words, he says the people arguing with him are wrong - either fooled or deliberately lying - but that there is a silent majority that does agree with him that Apollo was a fake.

In the spirit of empiricism, let us put FatFreddy88's assertion to the test. It was a lot of fun over on apollohoax, and evidently he wants to try it again. Even though every one of the 19 who delurked on that board said he was wrong.

So, here we go again, this time with a slight modification: there are four options, an agree/disagree option for both active participants and those who have not been taking part. I am sure that he will get at least some "agree" votes this time; there is at least one other active member here who claims Apollo (and most of modern science, for that matter) is a hoax.

Please note, this is not a thread for debating the claims themselves, and I don't care in this thread what your views are on any other topic - please confine remarks to providing context for your vote.

1. You are an active "hoax" thread participant who agrees with FatFreddy88 that Apollo was hoaxed.
2. You are an active hoax thread participant, and think Apollo was real and that FatFreddy88 is wrong.
3. You are not an active hoax thread participant, but agree with FatFreddy88 that Apollo was hoaxed.
4. You are not an active hoax thread participant, but believe that Apollo was real and disagree with FatFreddy88 .

*Note that this is not an accusation of sock-puppetry; he just posts using various handles at different times.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:16 PM   #2
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

4. You are not an active hoax thread participant, but believe that Apollo was real and disagree with FatFreddy88 .
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:19 PM   #3
sts60
Master Poster

Wow, I went straight to cast the first ballot, and JohnG beat me to it.

I specifically think that Apollo really happened, though FatFreddy88 asserted I was lying (though he abandoned his assertion by refusing to provide any evidence for it).
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:20 PM   #4
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Hmm, I'm not really active on that thread. I misread and voted as #2 where I should have voted #4.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:28 PM   #5
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

#4.
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:29 PM   #6
MG1962

MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:30 PM   #7
Hans
Philosopher

I occasionally posted in the the thread but think #4 is the most appropriate
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:42 PM   #8
R.A.F.
Banned

I'm a #2.

Ya know, that doesn't sound quite right.
R.A.F. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:46 PM   #9
SUSpilot
Graduate Poster

I'm a #2 with RAF

(Hmmm. Somehow, that sounds worse.)
SUSpilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:48 PM   #10
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
2) I am an active hoax thread participant, and I think Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong.

The wrong is long and strong with the artist now known as FatFreddy.

Last edited by BazBear; 2nd April 2012 at 07:49 PM.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:53 PM   #11
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

I haven't posted in the Apollo thread in a while (not since before Pat1k was booted), but I have posted a number of times in it before today.

And yeah, FatFreddy has no idea what he's talking about, and is about as wong as it's possible for a human being to get when it comes to the moon landings.

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:02 PM   #12
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

#2. I'm an active Apollo hoax thread participant, and someone FatFreddy88 has accused for 5 years of "secretly" believing that Apollo was hoaxed, and I am certain that he is entirely wrong, about me and about Apollo.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:35 PM   #13
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

I selected "I am an active hoax thread participant, and I think Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong" even though I have never posted in the "Apollo 'hoax' discussion / Lick observatory laser saga" thread. I do, however, read the thread, because a wealth of other information is available on it. (I had also put Patrick1000 on ignore to make it easier to skip over his wall-o-text posts.)

ETA: I just noticed (by reading AntPogo's post above) that Patrick 1000 has been banned for nearly two weeks!
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.

Last edited by Blue Mountain; 2nd April 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:55 PM   #15
sts60
Master Poster

This forums gets a lot more traffic than cozy Apollohoax. It took 2-1/2 months to get the 19 responses from lurkers there. We're at 21 from hoax thread lurkers in the short time since I posted this (late evening on the spinward side of the U.S.). Well, DavidC/FF88 can break the shutout himself when he gets up in Madrid "tomorrow" morning, if someone like Anders hasn't helped him out before then. Maybe then he can make the short jaunt to Fresnedillas... more about that later, in the hoax thread.
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:59 PM   #16
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

I've been lurking in that thread and have become convinced of two things:

1: Apollo really happened, we went to the moon and back; and,
2: Apollo hoaxer CTers are each and every one at least one brick short of a pint.

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Laton
Critical Thinker

#4 Was active in the thread but not any more (so could have been #2), but either way, Freddy is wrong.

Last edited by Laton; 2nd April 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Laton is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:48 PM   #18
MG1962

35 responses in a bit over 2 hours on the night the NCAA basketball championship is decided. Not bad.......not bad at all
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:52 PM   #19
sts60
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
I selected "I am an active hoax thread participant, and I think Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong" even though I have never posted in the "Apollo 'hoax' discussion / Lick observatory laser saga" thread.
Close enough. The poll is a bit less restrictive than the apollohoax version, which had very strict definitions as to who was a "lurker".
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
I do, however, read the thread, because a wealth of other information is available on it. (I also put FF88/DrT/P1K/etc on ignore to make it easier to skip over his wall-o-text posts.)
FatFreddy88 (aka DavidC, rocky, etc.) is not Patrick1000/DoctorTea/fattydash/etc. He uses different handles, but does not create sock-puppets, and he actually seems to believe what he says. (Not that he will extend the courtesy of recognizing the latter to other posters.)
[ETA: I just read your edit to the quoted post.]

Last edited by sts60; 2nd April 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:55 PM   #20
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Never even read the thread in question but I'm pretty sure the person in question is wrong alongside every other moon hoaxer out there.
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:18 PM   #21
SezMe
post-pre-born

Post a few times but I cannot call myself "active" thus voted #4.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:20 PM   #22
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
35 responses in a bit over 2 hours on the night the NCAA basketball championship is decided. Not bad.......not bad at all

Oh man I can't believe I missed that!

Basketball is the one with the nets, right?
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:06 PM   #23
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Where's the "Anyone who thinks Apollo was faked is a bloody idiot and nothing more need be said on the matter" option?
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:13 PM   #24
The Dark Lord

50-0 against the hoax. lol
The Dark Lord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:24 PM   #25
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

I can't be bothered going through the pain of Rocky's unique brand of crazy again, and from what I understand he hasn't changed, so put me down as a #4

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:55 PM   #26
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
Where's the "Anyone who thinks Apollo was faked is a bloody idiot and nothing more need be said on the matter" option?
Hiding behind the MA?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:02 AM   #27
Malfie Henpox
Banned

This one won't go away, will it. Didn't the Japanese take pictures recently? I guess they must have been photoshopped as an apology for Pearl Harbour.

There's a distinct lack of 'Fake' votes.
Malfie Henpox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:22 AM   #28
RobDog63
Student

RobDog63 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:41 AM   #29
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:42 AM   #30
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

#2. "I am an active hoax thread participant, and I think Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong". Although I posted less towards the end as it was clear that Pat1k was either trolling for attention, or a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Or both.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:16 AM   #31
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I occasionally posted in the the thread but think #4 is the most appropriate
Moi aussi. Though it may have been the other Apollo denier I've replied to, the woosters tend to get conflated in my mind.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:18 AM   #32
Laton
Critical Thinker

71-0

Laton is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:19 AM   #33
akama1
Critical Thinker

#4, i have a look at the last page once in a blue moon to see how the heck this thread is still going
akama1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:13 AM   #34
Dave_46
Graduate Poster

No. 4 for me.
Dave_46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:20 AM   #35
Garrison
Illuminator

Because even though I know Fatfreddy88 isn't going to change his mind I can't help responding.
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:29 AM   #36
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Old 3rd April 2012, 04:05 AM   #37
Malfie Henpox
Banned

There's a lot of us 4s coming out of the closet.
Malfie Henpox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:26 AM   #38
Erock
Muse

#2 Not only do I know Apollo landed on the Moon, I see Fatfreddy88 as a dying breed, one who steadfastly refuses to see mindbogglingly easy explanations for his so called "anomalies". His modus operandi is to make the same claims with the same links and the same follow ups with the same links. He uses the same phrases, the same accusations and the same justification for why people oppose his views.

In addition, he posts his same huge wall of text on dozens and dozens of forums, and links to these forums on every related or even partially related Apollo video on youtube. That is a picnic short of a picnic behaviour, and he is way beyond reach for logic and explanations.
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:36 AM   #39
Harpo
Graduate Poster

I am *not* an active hoax thread participant, but I know Apollo really happened, and FatFreddy88 is wrong.
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:50 AM   #40
drewid
Graduate Poster

I went for a 2 even though I haven't participated that much recently.
Otherwise it would have been a 4.
drewid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories