ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th April 2012, 01:06 PM   #361
abaddon
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Its good to know that the US govt and the University of Alaska are performing experiments with HAARP that are designed to lower the incidence of cancer. Its understandable that this remain secret. It is a weapon in that it allows the USA to ensure better overall health of their populace compared to those of perceived enemy states. Thank the fates that I am Canadian, a resident of the single best friend of the USA
A well, ya see, the HAARP array is aimed up in the vertical.
So the only beneficiaries will be the reptilian overlords in their invisibly cloaked space craft the size of Jupiter in geostationary orbit over Alaska.

So no HAARP healing for you Canucks.

Sorry.

But on the bright side, the reptilians will be better, that's got to be a win, right?

Old 18th April 2012, 01:10 PM   #362
abaddon
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Attached is a small parting gift, since I have cited my relevant background in space physics, engineering, and the space industry before, and he is denying that knowledgeable people are what they say.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ecbdbcb504.jpg
(Yes, Jay, that is the pilot's seat on which I'm leaning.)
I so hate you, LOL.
Old 18th April 2012, 01:13 PM   #363
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
A well, ya see, the HAARP array is aimed up in the vertical.
So the only beneficiaries will be the reptilian overlords in their invisibly cloaked space craft the size of Jupiter in geostationary orbit over Alaska.

So no HAARP healing for you Canucks.

Sorry.

But on the bright side, the reptilians will be better, that's got to be a win, right?

hah!!
shows how much you know

they can steer the beem(actually how they spell 'cause its special) to relect off the biononosphere. All it takes is the precise biasing of the Jeosphson junction

Last edited by jaydeehess; 18th April 2012 at 01:15 PM.
jaydeehess is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 01:14 PM   #364
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

I so hate you, LOL.
I remember when one of the space shuttles was opened for tourists on Warner Robins AFB in Georgia when I was a kid. Best five minutes of my life, bar none.

Kopji: A perfect utopia where everyone follows the rules is more like a hell than a heaven.
Mudcat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 01:23 PM   #365
abaddon
Philosopher

hah!!
shows how much you know

they can steer the beem(actually how they spell 'cause its special) to relect off the biononosphere. All it takes is the precise biasing of the Jeosphson junction
They can to an extent.

But it remains pretty much vertical, so you would have to get your enemies to purposely put their weapons in harms way.

Why an enemy would do that is anyone's guess.
Old 18th April 2012, 02:09 PM   #366
JayUtah
Philosopher

I so hate you, LOL.
Tell me about it. I was working on the propellant line fatigue problem. Sts60 gets to lark about on the flight deck while Jay's got his head up the bird's kiester.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 02:21 PM   #367
IdiotWhacker
Thinker

Like shc he also thinks that we are always closing minds to everything and thinks we want him to believe which is no indication that we actually said it. The problem behind shc is his lack of evidence to address the evidence provided, yet he rules this out of the thing and thinks we want him to accept it which is not all true. I already know what he is doing and its the same golf ball that he swings to ignore what was said.

kid eager=
SHC

Originally Posted by SpringHallConvert View Post
"Think as I do or I'll ignore you!"

How persuasive.

Which of course was not said at all.. Is their anything you like to add Mr.SHC about your tenancy to create strawman, move the goalpost, handwaving, ridicule, ad hominem, and if anything is possible it is therefore be true without the evidence?

Last edited by IdiotWhacker; 18th April 2012 at 02:42 PM.
IdiotWhacker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 02:24 PM   #368
Jim_MDP
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Tell me about it. I was working on the propellant line fatigue problem. Sts60 gets to lark about on the flight deck while Jay's got his head up the bird's kiester.
So I shouldn't mention my ~6 years at Ames working with each flight crew on landing/rollout sims in the VMS?

Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 03:08 PM   #369
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

So apparently engineering companies have to remember to use the right set of references. If they're doing work for a government contract, they get to use government-supplied magical physics. If they're doing work for private customers, they have to use the references approved by the government for release to the masses. I've looked around my engineering offices extensively and I can only seem to find one set of fits-all references for the laws of nature. Hm.
The thing about laws of physics, secret or not, is that anyone can stumble into them if the conditions are right. Even a lowly patent clerk can turn our view of the universe upside down if he figures something out before corporate and government funded scientists.

This is what my father (VE6LDS) has in his back yard:

(The "flagpole" on the left is a SteppIR 80 meter antenna)

If HAARP can destroy Haiti or Japan, flood New Orleans or give Chicago cancer at the flick of a switch, then what is my Dad capable of? What happens if he didn't wire the system in the proper civilian way? What's stopping him from turning an hobbyists toy into a Weapon of Mass Destruction by plugging the wrong antenna into the wrong outlet?

I'd like to know what exactly is stopping my Dad from accidentally destroying Calgary (if we're going to destroy Calgary, we wanna wait for the playoffs and then do it on purpose)?

Guys like Abbadon design this stuff for a living so that companies can market it to any civilian who wants one. There are thousands of home enthusiasts tinkering with equipment like this, that's thousands of chances for someone to stumble into how the jews or the government built their WMDs.

If you like, SHC, just tell us what city or state you live in and we can find out for you how many home HAARP users there are in your immediate vicinity.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 03:25 PM   #370
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

does a splitter for three VHF tv antennas count as a phase array? It was done to direct the signal
if so then I too have created a phased array of antennas
jaydeehess is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 03:29 PM   #371
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

we had a 20 meter station in the arctic 30 years ago
VE7MD or YMD iirc
Old 18th April 2012, 04:07 PM   #372
Philosopher

That's not how SHC operates. He wants to make you dance, like when he wants be to trek out into the countryside, take photos, upload the and, as he admits, he will then claim it will be proof of nothing. I will not dance that dance.

I have posted the info necessary to verify my credentials as a telecomms engineer on this site. Including the means to verify them. I don't have to pretend anything. I really am a telecomms engineer. SHC doesn't get this.

He really is a one trick pony, to the extent that he is increasingly being referred to as OTP. I may adopt that.
Reminds me of when ergo asked how many survivors there were in the Twin Towers, and wanted it in the form of a full thesis statement. I refused. Though Ergo is at least self-aware enough to know when he's losing an argument and run away, though not enough not to come back and act like he was winning, which I don't think has ever fooled anyone but other Truthers.

Last edited by 000063; 18th April 2012 at 04:10 PM.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 04:11 PM   #373
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
The thing about laws of physics, secret or not, is that anyone can stumble into them if the conditions are right. Even a lowly patent clerk can turn our view of the universe upside down if he figures something out before corporate and government funded scientists.

This is what my father (VE6LDS) has in his back yard:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...aarpathome.jpg
(The "flagpole" on the left is a SteppIR 80 meter antenna)

If HAARP can destroy Haiti or Japan, flood New Orleans or give Chicago cancer at the flick of a switch, then what is my Dad capable of? What happens if he didn't wire the system in the proper civilian way? What's stopping him from turning an hobbyists toy into a Weapon of Mass Destruction by plugging the wrong antenna into the wrong outlet?

I'd like to know what exactly is stopping my Dad from accidentally destroying Calgary (if we're going to destroy Calgary, we wanna wait for the playoffs and then do it on purpose)?

Guys like Abbadon design this stuff for a living so that companies can market it to any civilian who wants one. There are thousands of home enthusiasts tinkering with equipment like this, that's thousands of chances for someone to stumble into how the jews or the government built their WMDs.

If you like, SHC, just tell us what city or state you live in and we can find out for you how many home HAARP users there are in your immediate vicinity.
I lol'd at that picture. I literally laughed out loud.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 04:48 PM   #374
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 000063 View Post
I lol'd at that picture. I literally laughed out loud.
As did I!
Old 18th April 2012, 06:24 PM   #375
Matthew Cline
Critical Thinker

He has no evidence for anything he says, and his claim that HAARP might be some sort of weapon
Ah, but you see, that's the beauty of his troll tactic. He's not making any claims about HAARP, but merely attacking claims others make about HAARP. So the only thing he has to do to keep the whole thing going is repeat variations on his "How do you know?" question.
Matthew Cline is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 06:46 PM   #376
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Looks like our lil' buddy got 30 days in the hole.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=234431
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 07:01 PM   #377
oody
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
Ha ha ha!

Do you unquestionangly believe every statement that's written by some JREF Admin?

Try again.
oody is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 08:20 PM   #378
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by oody View Post
Ha ha ha!

Do you unquestionangly believe every statement that's written by some JREF Admin?

Try again.
Yeah, I guess it just means the oligarchy finally caught up with him again
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 08:28 PM   #379
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

So when do you get to learn the "secret physics" stuff?

Do they just let you go all through university learning the fake physics and then only tell you about the real stuff when you are hired into one of the companies that are allowed to know it?

That seems awfully inefficient.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:34 PM   #380
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
So when do you get to learn the "secret physics" stuff?

Do they just let you go all through university learning the fake physics and then only tell you about the real stuff when you are hired into one of the companies that are allowed to know it?

It would be. That's why there's Junior High Secret Physics, and High School Secret Physics. Secret Physics 101 in college is mostly a survey course for people who are marked for Secret Management, but there are many upper level Secret Physics classes.

If you're wondering why you weren't offered these courses, I'd be happy to tell you, except... well... it's a secret.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2012, 11:43 PM   #381
abaddon
Philosopher

Pretty steep, any idea what he did?

Originally Posted by oody View Post
Ha ha ha!

Try again.
LOL
Old 19th April 2012, 12:23 AM   #382
SezMe
post-pre-born

[derail]
If you don't know what he did, how can you assess the penalty as "pretty steep"?
[/derail]
SezMe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 12:33 AM   #383
abaddon
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
[derail]
If you don't know what he did, how can you assess the penalty as "pretty steep"?
[/derail]
That was my question. What did he do?
As far as I can see, suspensions are mostly three days or seven days.

What must one do to get 30 days?
I simply asked what warranted a 30 day suspension.
Old 19th April 2012, 01:15 AM   #384
SezMe
post-pre-born

That was my question. What did he do?
No that was not your question. You said, "Pretty steep." That is not a question. It is an assertion.
SezMe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 02:08 AM   #385
abaddon
Philosopher

No that was not your question. You said, "Pretty steep." That is not a question. It is an assertion.
Selective quotation. You quoted a sentence fragment, omitting the question just to suit your assertion.

You also declined to address the issue at hand, which was "what did he do?"
Old 19th April 2012, 04:18 AM   #386
sts60
Graduate Poster

Both of you are just typing words. You don't have any evidence that's what the other guy said. Your quotes could just be a cover for advanced-technology paragraphs.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 05:24 AM   #387
abaddon
Philosopher

Both of you are just typing words. You don't have any evidence that's what the other guy said. Your quotes could just be a cover for advanced-technology paragraphs.
Prove it. You have no evidence.
Old 19th April 2012, 05:28 AM   #388
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

[derail]
[/derail]
Well, using truther logic, we can safely assume he was caught raping and murdering hookers (http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=234333), so in the grand scheme of things, 30 days isn't that bad.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 08:26 AM   #389
JayUtah
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
You should see the budget for all the invisible Secret Service agents who have to go around to all the high schools and colleges adding entropy to student experiments.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 08:48 AM   #390
sts60
Graduate Poster

<deleted>
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 10:20 AM   #391
abaddon
Philosopher

See? you have no evidence.

<deleted>
After all you deleted your last post when you realised this fact.

Show me your evidence and I will decide if it is credible.

OK, sorry, time to remove the OTP mask. I couldn't keep it up for more than 3 or 4 posts.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:25 AM   #392
abaddon
Philosopher

hah!!
shows how much you know

Please tell me we are not in for 30 days of extracting the urine, please.

In other unexpected news, SHC is friends with Clayton Moore. Surprise.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:28 AM   #393
abaddon
Philosopher

So, you had your head up the wahoonies, while sts was playing astronaut?

Oooo, sts, that's so mean.
Old 19th April 2012, 10:49 AM   #394
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Sorry to re-rail the topic but can anyone help me make sense of the online data on HAARP's website please? I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Kopji: A perfect utopia where everyone follows the rules is more like a hell than a heaven.
Mudcat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 10:54 AM   #395
abaddon
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Sorry to re-rail the topic but can anyone help me make sense of the online data on HAARP's website please? I have no idea what I'm looking at.
What do you want to know exactly?
ETA: Not being patronising, just looking for the direction of your enquiry.

Last edited by abaddon; 19th April 2012 at 10:58 AM.
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2012, 11:04 AM   #396
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

What do you want to know exactly?
ETA: Not being patronising, just looking for the direction of your enquiry.
What does all of this mean and how do I read it?

Old 19th April 2012, 11:24 AM   #397
abaddon
Philosopher

What does all of this mean and how do I read it?
You have to go to basic principles, then.

What is HAARP?

A phased array of Dipole antennae, projecting HF radio waves, at various frequencies, straight up from the ground, and measuring it's effect on the ionosphere.

Sounds simple, so why does it matter?

Well, why does AM pass around the globe, but FM is strictly line of sight? Answer me that.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:33 AM   #398
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Sounds simple, so why does it matter?
I'm just curious about how to read the data received, how to interpret it and what it means is all. And since I lack the knowledge I ask here for someone who has that knowledge (like you, for example)... unlike someone else (like say, OTP).

Originally Posted by abaddon
Well, why does AM pass around the globe, but FM is strictly line of sight? Answer me that.
I'm not savvy on such things but I imagine it's a simple matter of frequency.

Old 19th April 2012, 11:49 AM   #399
abaddon
Philosopher

I'm just curious about how to read the data received, how to interpret it and what it means is all. And since I lack the knowledge I ask here for someone who has that knowledge (like you, for example)... unlike someone else (like say, OTP).

I'm not savvy on such things but I imagine it's a simple matter of frequency.
<sigh>OK I will jump through the hoops, but only for a while.

Is it agreed that the antennae aray is a bunch of dipoles pointed straight up, at least?
Old 19th April 2012, 11:53 AM   #400
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I would take bets that he is gone for good within six months.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories