IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd September 2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Azrael 5
Philosopher

I'm a conspiracy!

Just a tongue in cheek thread really ,apologies.
A press story ive been involved with this week,apprently im part of a media hoax!
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php...=1432&start=30
My first dealings with CT nuts.

You can figure out who I am.
Old 24th September 2012, 01:46 AM   #2
drewid
Graduate Poster

I love the random photoshop filtering that "proves" tampering.
drewid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2012, 04:48 AM   #3
norumaru
New Blood

I love how inconsequential most of the alleged tampering is. Crowds in places? Not on our watch! Flags around shoulders? Media fakery!

...what for, if I may ask?

Also, do you know what the violetifying process used consists of, and how it is supposed to show the manipulations?
norumaru is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2012, 05:06 AM   #4
drewid
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by norumaru View Post
I love how inconsequential most of the alleged tampering is. Crowds in places? Not on our watch! Flags around shoulders? Media fakery!

...what for, if I may ask?

Also, do you know what the violetifying process used consists of, and how it is supposed to show the manipulations?
It looks like a photoshop stylize / glowing edges filter. It looks for contrast boundaries, it doesn't look for stuff being cut into a photograph.

Massive fail.

Last edited by drewid; 24th September 2012 at 05:10 AM.
drewid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2012, 05:39 AM   #5
norumaru
New Blood

Yeah, it looks like that, but does anyone know what the rationale is behind using it to show fakes, or how it is supposed to work? If glowing edges are indication of forgery, any image treated with that will appear entirely faked.

And man, Azrael, the paste job on that mohawk really was sloppy.
norumaru is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2012, 05:44 AM   #6
drewid
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by norumaru View Post
Yeah, it looks like that, but does anyone know what the rationale is behind using it to show fakes, or how it is supposed to work? If glowing edges are indication of forgery, any image treated with that will appear entirely faked.

And man, Azrael, the paste job on that mohawk really was sloppy.
I think I see where you're going wrong.

I'm guess the guy read "edge detect" and though "Ah ha, it detects edges = profit"
Old 24th September 2012, 06:16 AM   #7
carlitos
"más divertido"

I knew those people were insane, but yikes. Posting a negative of a photo "proves" what, exactly?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

This Stundie-worthy comment really tells you all you need to know in dealing with those idiots:

Quote:
Regarding "9/11" and "7/7" haven't you heard? Nobody died! There are no relatives. You have better familiarise yourself with the contents of this forum before you make such wild statements.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:42 AM   #9
ComfySlippers
Banned

I've spent the last nine hours reading the site linked to by the OP.
(Couldn't sleep)

What a Mecca of idiocy.

It's almost as if Jack White had taken drugs and invited everyone into his mind.

ComfySlippers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2012, 05:10 AM   #10
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ComfySlippers View Post
I've spent the last nine hours reading the site linked to by the OP.
(Couldn't sleep)

What a Mecca of idiocy.

It's almost as if Jack White had taken drugs and invited everyone into his mind.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I get the feeling that it's two against one
I'm already fighting me, so what's another one
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2012, 06:44 AM   #11
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Ive yet to find a major news story on there that they don't consider fake! Hilariously they quote norumaru as being against me[paraphrase] with his comment about photoshopping mohican-do smileys not translate in CT world?

Stil Im too busy being a MI5/Goverment/Police shill what do I know?
Old 25th September 2012, 06:49 AM   #12
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
Ive yet to find a major news story on there that they don't consider fake! Hilariously they quote norumaru as being against me[paraphrase] with his comment about photoshopping mohican-do smileys not translate in CT world?

It should be clear that these people have serious issues with reality. Thus, it's not at all surprising that they don't get "humor". To them, it's all deathly serious, and anyone who says anything even remotely supportive is taken at face value, so as to reinforce their delusions.
Old 25th September 2012, 09:45 AM   #13
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It should be clear that these people have serious issues with reality. Thus, it's not at all surprising that they don't get "humor". To them, it's all deathly serious, and anyone who says anything even remotely supportive is taken at face value, so as to reinforce their delusions.
So it seems,I've come across 9/11 CT'ers before but that(clues forum)site is a step up on the delusional scale.One of them even emailed a BBC journalist and another tweeted to a Police Chief Commissioner(I think he was)suggesting stories had been planted into the media.
Old 25th September 2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

I apologize for not having anything to contribute directly to the topic of this thread, but every time I see the subject, I can't help but mentally add "(and so can you!)".
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2012, 11:48 AM   #15
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

Sure this is what you WANT me to think....

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2012, 01:00 PM   #16
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
I apologize for not having anything to contribute directly to the topic of this thread, but every time I see the subject, I can't help but mentally add "(and so can you!)".
I see what you did there and now its stuck in my head to do the same darn it!
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Azrael 5
Philosopher

I'm done with that forum now,I spent a few days trying to drill some semblance of reality into their brains,and got the usual ad hominem attacks.
Never discussed with a CT nutter before,what a weird and unsatisfying experience
Old 27th September 2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Straw Man
Flammable

They're a strange bunch there.

It's not "Photos, or it didn't happen", it's "Photos, and it didn't happen".
Straw Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2012, 10:18 AM   #19
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Straw Man View Post
They're a strange bunch there.

It's not "Photos, or it didn't happen", it's "Photos, and it didn't happen".

More like, "Photos prove it didn't happen!"
Old 27th September 2012, 01:10 PM   #20
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
More like, "Photos prove it didn't happen!"
Lol yes.I could never get a reply as what does constitute proof. Too busy pulling me up about my typos, like that's more important

Would be brilliant if some of them would register here *waves at Clues forum stundies*

Last edited by Azrael 5; 27th September 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2012, 04:54 AM   #21
SUSpilot
Graduate Poster

One positive thing about sites like that one: I feel ever so much better about my grip on reality after I look at them.

BTW, Azreal, as a mediocre amateur photographer myself, I must say you've got a pretty good eye. I like the fact that you use a short lens to get in close when you can.
SUSpilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2012, 10:22 AM   #22
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SUSpilot View Post
One positive thing about sites like that one: I feel ever so much better about my grip on reality after I look at them.
Haha so true.Just what is point of having a forum and inviting me there(from twitter) to discuss my pics if all they want to do is ignore everything I say. To be that insane has to be dangeorus

Quote:
BTW, Azreal, as a mediocre amateur photographer myself, I must say you've got a pretty good eye. I like the fact that you use a short lens to get in close when you can.
Cheers.
Old 28th September 2012, 02:39 PM   #23
ant46
Student

I'm surprised you weren't swiftly banned from that forum - even the mildest critique of their theories tends to engender a warning, I've noticed.

I go there occassionally for entertainment but they are a pretty disturbing bunch of people really. It's just a matter of time before one of them 'analyses' a photo of themselves, only to uncover the shocking truth that they don't exist either.
ant46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2012, 03:09 PM   #24
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by ant46 View Post
I go there occassionally for entertainment but they are a pretty disturbing bunch of people really. It's just a matter of time before one of them 'analyses' a photo of themselves, only to uncover the shocking truth that they don't exist either.

Please please please someone go suggest that to them!
Old 29th September 2012, 09:34 AM   #25
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ant46 View Post
I'm surprised you weren't swiftly banned from that forum - even the mildest critique of their theories tends to engender a warning, I've noticed.
I am banned now,no warning straight in
I think I went out on a high though,assuming they haven't deleted my posts,I backed member brianv into a corner for which he had no comeback so they had to ban me.
Quote:
Disturbing isn't the half of it,the members all post on likes of Let's Roll and Admin Simon Shack has something of a rep for being deranged even amongst CTers.
Old 29th September 2012, 01:20 PM   #26
SUSpilot
Graduate Poster

I don't know if the adjective is in the idiom on your side of the Atlantic, but what bunch of doofuses.
SUSpilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2012, 01:36 PM   #27
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Haha so true.Just what is point of having a forum and inviting me there(from twitter) to discuss my pics if all they want to do is ignore everything I say. To be that insane has to be dangeorus
On another forum I was directed by a small aircraft pilot, to go to PfT where I would find experts on flight.
One of the first threads I checked out had a pft member, listed there as a pilot, who divided change in altitude , in feet, by the number of minutes this descent took and was astounded as he proclaimed the result as feet per second.

Needless to say, I was not impressed by the level of expertise I had been invited to examine.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2012, 03:16 PM   #28
SUSpilot
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
On another forum I was directed by a small aircraft pilot, to go to PfT where I would find experts on flight.
One of the first threads I checked out had a pft member, listed there as a pilot, who divided change in altitude , in feet, by the number of minutes this descent took and was astounded as he proclaimed the result as feet per second.

Needless to say, I was not impressed by the level of expertise I had been invited to examine.
And people wonder why I'm so tough when I do a flight review...
Old 30th September 2012, 12:25 PM   #29
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Amazes me how the various splinter groups of CT claim their version is truth. How do they deal with each other?
No planes.
Planes were missiles
No one died at all.
All those who died were actors blah blah blah
Have to say the people on cluesforum are the worst I've read ever.Aside from your usual CT's (9/11 7/7) the media hoaxes seem to consist solely of faking photos with zero proof.
Old 30th September 2012, 03:15 PM   #30
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Amazes me how the various splinter groups of CT claim their version is truth. How do they deal with each other?

Ahem.

[CTAnalysisMode]

Quote:
No planes.
Disinfo Shill!

Quote:
Planes were missiles
Operation Mockingbird Shill!

Quote:
No one died at all.
CoIntelPro shill!

Quote:
All those who died were actors blah blah blah

Perfectly rational analysis of Science! information that should be obvious to all!

[/CTAnalysisMode]

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories