ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 18th December 2012, 10:13 PM   #361
fromdownunder
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,230
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
In 1985, Ama said that the number of tempters and deceivers on earth will become many more and dense who will lead astray, misteach, deceive and blind many, many people. Many will spread the rumor that this is the beginning of the end.
You mean like somebody predicting that WWIII would start, and prevent the holding of the Olympic Games in London in 2012 and that China would rally an army of 2 Billion, there would only be one man left for every 10 women, and everybody should buy duct tape and door stoppers, and spend three days waiting for all the radiation to disperse?

Well, fortunately you were the only blinded one. The rest of us were laughing too hard and making fun of this nutter stupidity.

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2012, 10:14 PM   #362
AdMan
Philosopher
 
AdMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,598
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
In 1985, Ama said that the number of tempters and deceivers on earth will become many more and dense who will lead astray, misteach, deceive and blind many, many people. Many will spread the rumor that this is the beginning of the end. This will spread and many will claim that he is god, or God is in him, or he is inspired by God, or he is the messenger of God, and many will believe that will truly lead them astray. This is a warning or advice: beware of false prophets because we will not be saved by borrowed faith.

Remember, beware of false prophets who will give us borrowed faith, meaning, faith that did not come from within us but commanded to us, or told to or directed, imposed, dictated or compelled upon us by our fellowmen. We will not be saved this way. We must focus our faith in God, the only true God, who gave us our life, not through faith in Him as commanded by our fellowmen but believe and have faith in Him in our heart because of His being God and we are His creation.

The above came from http://aristean.org/sermon005.htm titled “Beware of false prophets”.

Beware of false prophets, "Peace"Crusader?

What about this:

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
If the prophecies were wrong, then I would admit that I was wrong and will consider the Holy Spirit that we (plural) talk to is a fraud, an impostor.
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
If the nuclear world war does not occur on Wednesday, 07-25, and the 2012 Olympic Games is held as planned, then I can say that His prophecies are wrong.

Highlights added, to see if you finally face up to your lies.

ETA: More lies:

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
The prophecies of the Holy Spirit that the world war which will start from the trouble in the Philippines will occur on a Wednesday and that the 2012 Olympic Games in London will not be held, failed to materialize. Even though the Games will officially open tomorrow, 07-27, I cannot move the goal posts anymore because 07-25 is the last Wednesday for the month of July.

I would like to apologize to all of you. I am deeply sorry. I will refrain from discussing prophecies anymore and be tight-lipped on this. I will reconsider my belief that the Holy Spirit who we are talking to is the true Holy Spirit and so is my belief that Ka Apaz’ physical body is appropriated by this spirit. As I used to say, if we were to believe in a god, we have to be sure that He is the only true God. As God, He must be omniscient. That means, He knows the past, the present, and the future.
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
- Carl Sagan

Last edited by AdMan; 18th December 2012 at 10:19 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2012, 10:18 PM   #363
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,626
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
There are only about 60 members in my list from maybe 1970 to present, verified last 2012-05. A fourth, or 15 members, had already died. Seven are overseas, mostly in the US. Those who go regularly to Maria Liwayway Alvaran’s or Ka Apaz’ place in Baliwag on Sundays may only be about three. Those in the Philippines go to Baliwag during special occasions, such as Ka Apaz’ birthday, birth of Jesus on May 23, death of Jesus on August 17, and January 7, the anniversary of Ama’s first appropriation of Ka Apaz’ physical body in 1957. Some members also come for the “Pasyon” during Holy Week.

How much money do you think would be have been contributed by members? Did you know that Ka Apaz is blind in both eyes? Did you know that some glass panels in the jalousie windows of her room in the Session House are missing? Did you know that some of her children and their families still live in the old house? Did you know that electricity was cut-off from the Session House and the old house more than ten years ago? Until now, it has not been reconnected yet.

Ignoring all the other stuff, why would it matter if she's blind?

Stevie Wonder has been blind from birth and he's made more money than I ever will.
__________________
"The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum."
-Thomas Paine-

------------------------------------------------
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2012, 10:21 PM   #364
PeaceCrusader
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by MIKILLINI View Post
So Maria Liwayway Alvaran is a fraud and Peace Crusader is her delusional enabler trying to push this crap on people.

Do you call me “delusional enabler” of Maria Liwayway Alvaran? I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17. I heard these dates, without years, in 1983. I only checked them out from 1999 to 2006 and proved that they are true and correct. You may check the results of my studies at http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm and http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm . Please prove that my studies are wrong. Present them in this forum and we will discuss.

That is why, “I believe, and therefore have I spoken” (2 Corinthians 4:13).
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2012, 10:25 PM   #365
AdMan
Philosopher
 
AdMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,598
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Do you call me “delusional enabler” of Maria Liwayway Alvaran? I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17. I heard these dates, without years, in 1983. I only checked them out from 1999 to 2006 and proved that they are true and correct. You may check the results of my studies at http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm and http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm . Please prove that my studies are wrong. Present them in this forum and we will discuss.

That is why, “I believe, and therefore have I spoken” (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Spam that you've posted countless times before. Present your arguments here or stop spamming.

PC, will you please address my post above?
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
- Carl Sagan

Last edited by AdMan; 18th December 2012 at 10:27 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2012, 11:55 PM   #366
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
 
Akhenaten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pi-Broadford, Australia
Posts: 29,400
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
In 1985, Ama said that the number of tempters and deceivers on earth will become many more and dense who will lead astray, misteach, deceive and blind many, many people.


½ marks. It's actually the followers who have the density problem, not the tempters and deceivers.
__________________


Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 12:01 AM   #367
Astreja
Springy Goddess
 
Astreja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,383
Originally Posted by peacecrusader View Post
remember, beware of false prophets maria alvaran and her followers.
ftfy.
Astreja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 12:11 AM   #368
fromdownunder
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,230
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17.
No. You made stuff up. You have not even offered any evidence for this, much less "proved" anything. Do you know what evidence is?

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 12:13 AM   #369
fromdownunder
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,230
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17.
No. You made stuff up. You have not even offered any evidence for this, much less "proved" anything. Do you know what evidence is?

And still wondering why you lied when you said you would stop all this if the London Olympics actually happened. Why do you like being a liar?

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 12:18 AM   #370
Astreja
Springy Goddess
 
Astreja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,383
Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
No. You made stuff up. You have not even offered any evidence for this, much less "proved" anything. Do you know what evidence is?

And still wondering why you lied when you said you would stop all this if the London Olympics actually happened. Why do you like being a liar?
Seconded.

Aristeo, you lied to us. You apologized, then rendered your apology worthless by continuing with the same behaviours you said you were going to stop. Worse yet, you escalated those behaviours by making even more ludicrous assertions about fig trees, donkeys and magic nails.

I'm now quite convinced that if there actually was a One True God, and it told you to your face to renounce Maria Alvaran's blasphemy, you'd just ignore it.
Astreja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 12:35 AM   #371
timhau
NWO Litter Technician
 
timhau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,922
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
What is that “treasure of amaweiner”?
We don't know, but I recommend you turn to people who have experience in these matters, like the people who found Noah's Ark, Mr. Asholian and his son-in-law, Allis Buls Hitian.
__________________
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord, in his wisdom, doesn't work that way. I just stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
- Emo Philips
timhau is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 01:48 AM   #372
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 25,564
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17.

no, you weren't. This has been discussed here ad nauseam, and your fallacious reasoning exposed.

And even if you had been able to prove this, it would still not prove that "Ama" has the power of prophecy - it could more plausibly be explained by Ka Apaz having access to the same sources you used.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 02:42 AM   #373
Akuma Tennou
Thinker
 
Akuma Tennou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Many will spread the rumor that this is the beginning of the end.
Please answer to what AdMan says here

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
How much money do you think would be have been contributed by members?
A lot! I don't care if she's pretending to be poor, all the money that you gave her was because of her lies.

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Please prove that my studies are wrong. Present them in this forum and we will discuss.
Already been done countless times. Your falling for the "cross oak" trick showed how biased your "study" was.

Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
I'm now quite convinced that if there actually was a One True God, and it told you to your face to renounce Maria Alvaran's blasphemy, you'd just ignore it.
I already told him so a few times, and well... Guess that being ignored that way makes us godlike. Sort of.
__________________
"Karl Marx was right, socialism works, it is just that he had the wrong species" − E. O. Wilson
Akuma Tennou is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 05:10 AM   #374
jond
Graduate Poster
 
jond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,883
PC is following the script perfectly. With the disconfirmation (Olympics) he has become more entrenched and is proselyting even more. Just stunning.

From the wiki article:
"Festinger stated that five conditions must be present if someone is to become a more fervent believer after a failure or disconfirmation:
A belief must be held with deep conviction and it must have some relevance to action, that is, to what the believer does or how he behaves.

The person holding the belief must have committed himself to it; that is, for the sake of his belief, he must have taken some important action that is difficult to undo. In general, the more important such actions are, and the more difficult they are to undo, the greater is the individual's commitment to the belief.

The belief must be sufficiently specific and sufficiently concerned with the real world so that events may unequivocally refute the belief.
Such undeniable disconfirmatory evidence must occur and must be recognized by the individual holding the belief.

The individual believer must have social support. It is unlikely that one isolated believer could withstand the kind of disconfirming evidence that has been specified. If, however, the believer is a member of a group of convinced persons who can support one another, the belief may be maintained and the believers may attempt to proselytize or persuade nonmembers that the belief is correct."
jond is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 05:19 AM   #375
jond
Graduate Poster
 
jond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
Per your advice, I grabbed this book from work the other day. It is indeed, a good read! Very 2nd page describes PC to a tee.
Yeah, it's amazingly relevant all these years later.
jond is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 05:35 AM   #376
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
 
Akhenaten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pi-Broadford, Australia
Posts: 29,400
Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
I'm now quite convinced that if there actually was a One True God, and it told you to your face to renounce Maria Alvaran's blasphemy, you'd just ignore it.


Or, even more ludicrously, he'd accuse the One True God™ of being an imposter sent to deceive the Twoo Bleevers™.
__________________


Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 06:53 AM   #377
halleyscomet
Master Poster
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,531
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Do you call me “delusional enabler” of Maria Liwayway Alvaran?
That would be an accurate description of you.

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17. I heard these dates, without years, in 1983. I only checked them out from 1999 to 2006 and proved that they are true and correct. You may check the results of my studies at http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm and http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm . Please prove that my studies are wrong. Present them in this forum and we will discuss.

That is why, “I believe, and therefore have I spoken” (2 Corinthians 4:13)
You have no actual evidence to support your claims other than the word of Ama. That is not evidence. That is faith. By definition, you cannot defeat faith with evidence. If faith bent to align with reality there would be no Creationists.

Didn't you ever wonder why the "word" of Ama isn't spreading, why so many of your fellow faithful have died but not been replaced in Ama's ranks? Because Ama only needs a handful of followers at any given time to meet the needs of the moment.

Ama is a Succubus, using your worship to drain your soul, literally consuming your life essence. There will be no afterlife for you thanks to Ama, because your very soul is being consumed by Ama's demonic power. Every time you repeat the lies you think are prophesies, your flame dims a little as a result of sacrificing part of your essence to Ama in worship.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2012, 04:32 PM   #378
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic
 
MIKILLINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,979
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Do you call me “delusional enabler” of Maria Liwayway Alvaran? I was able to prove that the spirit of Ama is right when He said that Jesus Christ was born on May 23 and died on August 17. I heard these dates, without years, in 1983. I only checked them out from 1999 to 2006 and proved that they are true and correct. You may check the results of my studies at http://aristean.org/birthmay23.htm and http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm . Please prove that my studies are wrong. Present them in this forum and we will discuss.

That is why, “I believe, and therefore have I spoken” (2 Corinthians 4:13).
Peace, if you posted real tangible evidence, we could move on with the discussion from that point....I've read these dates written down by you and the 2 calenders you used. Those are only claims, not evidence....Know what I mean?

ETA: Please address post# 362
__________________
Attempting to build a case without evidence is just another day spent with no use of common sense.-Me

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo

Last edited by MIKILLINI; 19th December 2012 at 04:42 PM.
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 06:04 AM   #379
PeaceCrusader
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by MIKILLINI View Post
Peace, if you posted real tangible evidence, we could move on with the discussion from that point....I've read these dates written down by you and the 2 calenders you used. Those are only claims, not evidence....Know what I mean?

ETA: Please address post# 362

Let us go through how I did it. First was the crucifixion. Ama said the Jesus was crucified on August 17. No year.

Which year did this happen? From John 19:31, it says it was a high day, a sabbath day. We know that the weekly Sabbath is on a Saturday. So was Jesus crucified on a Friday?

It says that it was a high day. Which feasts are considered as high days? And which are the Sabbath Days of these feasts? The feasts are Feast of the Unleavened Bread or Passover Festival (Pesach), Harvest Festival or Feast of Weeks or Pentecost (Shavouth), Feast of Tabernacles or Shelter or Ingathering (Sukkoth), New Year’s Day (Rosh Hashanah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), New Moon Festival (Rosh Hodesh). The Sabbath day of these feasts are first and seventh days of Pesach, on Shavouth, the first and eighth days of Sukkoth, on Rosh Hashanah, on Yom Kippur, and on Rosh Hodesh.

Ama said on the tenth paragraph of http://aristean.org/pahayag001.htm titled “Panambitan” (Plea or Pleading) that 1974 years quickly passed away since He died. If the spirit of Ama were Jesus Christ, then He would have died in 1 BC, since that session was held in 1974. So we have August 17, 1 BC. The equivalent of this is Av 30, 3760 in the Jewish calendar. The next day is Elul 1, 3760, Rosh Hodesh, which turned out to be a Sabbath day, Rosh Hodesh. The crucifixion was held on a day before a high day sabbath day which is called Preparation Day. To convert Gregorian date to Jewish date, I used Perpetual Jewish/Civil Calendar Conversion by Alan D. Corre. I used also Yet Another Calendar Converter by Timothy James Forsythe.
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 07:18 AM   #380
PeaceCrusader
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
That would be an accurate description of you.


You have no actual evidence to support your claims other than the word of Ama. That is not evidence. That is faith. By definition, you cannot defeat faith with evidence. If faith bent to align with reality there would be no Creationists.

Didn't you ever wonder why the "word" of Ama isn't spreading, why so many of your fellow faithful have died but not been replaced in Ama's ranks? Because Ama only needs a handful of followers at any given time to meet the needs of the moment.

Ama is a Succubus, using your worship to drain your soul, literally consuming your life essence. There will be no afterlife for you thanks to Ama, because your very soul is being consumed by Ama's demonic power. Every time you repeat the lies you think are prophesies, your flame dims a little as a result of sacrificing part of your essence to Ama in worship.

Please check my answer to MIKILLINI regarding the crucifixion date of August 17. In the first place, Ama revealed when Jesus was crucified and died which I heard in 1983. It was only in 1999 that I checked if there is any ring of truth in it. I was able to prove that the date that He revealed is true and correct in the study that I did from 1999 to 2003. The results are in http://aristean.org/crucifyidx.htm . If you find any error in the study, please present them in this forum and we will discuss it.

I agree with you that you should have faith to be a Creationist. But what we are talking about here is a date which Ama revealed. I did not bend my findings to suit the date. I just checked it. No faith involved. Actually, had I found that they were wrong, I would have renounced my faith in Him. Remember that five years earlier, in 1994, I believed that the spirit of Ama who we talk to and record on tape our sessions, is the spirit of Jesus Christ.

I mostly used the accounts in the Holy Bible and found that the date is true and correct.

How many were the followers of “The Way” who were in Jerusalem after Jesus ascended to Heaven? In Acts 1:15, it mentioned only 120. How many are we in the Philippines? Only about 60. About 15 of this 60 have already died. And this membership is from about 1970 to present.

Did you know that there are at least two that I know who resigned as being members? One is Teodolfo and the other is Crescencia Perez. This really shows that God gave us free will. We have the choice to believe in a god or not, and which god. We have the choice to be good or to be bad.

Most came to Ama because they just wanted to find cure for their illnesses. Once cured (or were not cured), they disappeared and did not come back. What do you think attracted people to come to Jesus?
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 07:44 AM   #381
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor
 
jsfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,779
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Let us go through how I did it. First was the crucifixion. Ama said the Jesus was crucified on August 17. No year.

Which year did this happen?
STOP! Right from the beginning you assume August 17 is correct. "Proof by assumption" is not a valid technique for establishing the truth of something.
__________________
A proud member of the Simpson 15+7, named in the suit, Simpson v. Zwinge, et al., and founder of the ET Corn Gods Survivors Group.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 08:09 AM   #382
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,718
PC, can you perceive any difference in meaning between these two statements;

1) "I found a date which appears to me to fit with what Ama claimed."
2) "I have proven what Ama claimed to be true and correct"

It's not a trick question. Look closely, have a think about it, and then don't bother telling us your answer as everyone else is way ahead of you on this one.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 09:19 AM   #383
halleyscomet
Master Poster
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,531
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
PC, can you perceive any difference in meaning between these two statements;

1) "I found a date which appears to me to fit with what Ama claimed."
2) "I have proven what Ama claimed to be true and correct"

It's not a trick question. Look closely, have a think about it, and then don't bother telling us your answer as everyone else is way ahead of you on this one.
Don't expect a response. The character PeaceCrusader is playing sees the two statements as meaning the same thing.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 09:41 AM   #384
Astreja
Springy Goddess
 
Astreja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,383
(Springy G pours Herself a snoot of Green Chartreuse, dips Her right forefinger into the elixir, and draws a couple of runes on the outside of the glass)

I'm getting a vision here...

As Maria Alvaran continues her descent into old age, senility and incontinence, her family will fall away from her. A few of the major players in the clan, no longer afraid of their drooling matriarch, will get tired of living in squalor and sell out to the local government. The family property will be condemned and seized. A development company will tear the house and the meeting hall down and start fresh, crushing the remaining jalousies into shards of glass that get loaded into a dump truck and hauled away.

Remember, Aristeo, that I have a better prophesy track record than "Ama." And right now I'm seeing the dispersion of Alvaran's family and the final collapse of the Pretend Holy Spook Cult. (sips Green Chartreuse) Perhaps someday I'll tell you what I foresee for you.
Astreja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 10:39 AM   #385
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic
 
MIKILLINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,979
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Let us go through how I did it. First was the crucifixion. Ama said the Jesus was crucified on August 17. No year.

Which year did this happen? From John 19:31, it says it was a high day, a sabbath day. We know that the weekly Sabbath is on a Saturday. So was Jesus crucified on a Friday?

It says that it was a high day. Which feasts are considered as high days? And which are the Sabbath Days of these feasts? The feasts are Feast of the Unleavened Bread or Passover Festival (Pesach), Harvest Festival or Feast of Weeks or Pentecost (Shavouth), Feast of Tabernacles or Shelter or Ingathering (Sukkoth), New Year’s Day (Rosh Hashanah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), New Moon Festival (Rosh Hodesh). The Sabbath day of these feasts are first and seventh days of Pesach, on Shavouth, the first and eighth days of Sukkoth, on Rosh Hashanah, on Yom Kippur, and on Rosh Hodesh.

Ama said on the tenth paragraph of http://aristean.org/pahayag001.htm titled “Panambitan” (Plea or Pleading) that 1974 years quickly passed away since He died. If the spirit of Ama were Jesus Christ, then He would have died in 1 BC, since that session was held in 1974. So we have August 17, 1 BC. The equivalent of this is Av 30, 3760 in the Jewish calendar. The next day is Elul 1, 3760, Rosh Hodesh, which turned out to be a Sabbath day, Rosh Hodesh. The crucifixion was held on a day before a high day sabbath day which is called Preparation Day. To convert Gregorian date to Jewish date, I used Perpetual Jewish/Civil Calendar Conversion by Alan D. Corre. I used also Yet Another Calendar Converter by Timothy James Forsythe.
How long did it take you to do this? What a waste of time...wow. If the "spirit" of Jesus Christ wanted to give out information, why would it be done in a manner that the Bible has condemnation for? Do you just ignore the Holy Spirit? You do know how that is supposed to work, right?
__________________
Attempting to build a case without evidence is just another day spent with no use of common sense.-Me

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo

Last edited by MIKILLINI; 20th December 2012 at 10:41 AM.
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 10:58 AM   #386
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
 
Akhenaten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pi-Broadford, Australia
Posts: 29,400
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Let us go through how I did it.

<twaddlesnip>


You made it up.

Now tell us something that we didn't already know.
__________________


Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 11:11 AM   #387
Christian Klippel
Master Poster
 
Christian Klippel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ruhr Area in Germany
Posts: 2,153
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Actually, had I found that they were wrong, I would have renounced my faith in Him.
You said the very same regarding that WWIII "prophecy". However, after it turned out to not happen, you did not renounce anything. This in turn makes you a proven liar.

So, tell us, why should we believe a proven liar like you? Given the facts, one must assume that whatever you claim and say are just more lies.

Greetings,

Chris
Christian Klippel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 11:28 AM   #388
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
 
Akhenaten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pi-Broadford, Australia
Posts: 29,400
Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
(Springy G pours Herself a snoot of Green Chartreuse, dips Her right forefinger into the elixir, and draws a couple of runes on the outside of the glass)

I'm getting a vision here...


My next ten Jewels of the Nile I dedicate to thee, Springy One.
__________________


Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 01:01 PM   #389
halleyscomet
Master Poster
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,531
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
(Springy G pours Herself a snoot of Green Chartreuse, dips Her right forefinger into the elixir, and draws a couple of runes on the outside of the glass)

I'm getting a vision here...

As Maria Alvaran continues her descent into old age, senility and incontinence, her family will fall away from her. A few of the major players in the clan, no longer afraid of their drooling matriarch, will get tired of living in squalor and sell out to the local government. The family property will be condemned and seized. A development company will tear the house and the meeting hall down and start fresh, crushing the remaining jalousies into shards of glass that get loaded into a dump truck and hauled away.

Remember, Aristeo, that I have a better prophesy track record than "Ama." And right now I'm seeing the dispersion of Alvaran's family and the final collapse of the Pretend Holy Spook Cult. (sips Green Chartreuse) Perhaps someday I'll tell you what I foresee for you.
I was going for a similar vibe with my earlier post, but you sent the ball out of the park for a grand slam.

Kudos.

I think we can officially declare the thread over, and Astreja the winner.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2012, 01:06 PM   #390
George152
Master Poster
 
George152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,415
And its the 21st and another load of old camel dung slung out of the window
__________________
Unemployment isn't working
George152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:40 AM   #391
Astreja
Springy Goddess
 
Astreja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,383
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
I was going for a similar vibe with my earlier post, but you sent the ball out of the park for a grand slam.

Kudos.

I think we can officially declare the thread over, and Astreja the winner.
* curtsy* Takk fyrir! Oh, and gleðileg Jól to all! (Springy G cracks open a few bottles of champagne mead and starts distributing mass quantities of cookies, cake, lasagna, chocolate, devilled eggs and tourtière)
Astreja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 02:15 AM   #392
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing
 
pakeha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,333
Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
(Springy G pours Herself a snoot of Green Chartreuse, dips Her right forefinger into the elixir, and draws a couple of runes on the outside of the glass)

I'm getting a vision here..... Perhaps someday I'll tell you what I foresee for you.
Nommed.



Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
I think we can officially declare the thread over, and Astreja the winner.
Astreja the winner, oh yes.
Thread over?
No.
Why give up now just when we're settling into drinks recipes?
Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
My next ten Jewels of the Nile I dedicate to thee, Springy One.
pakeha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 02:33 AM   #393
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing
 
pakeha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,333
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
...How much money do you think would be have been contributed by members? Did you know that Ka Apaz is blind in both eyes? Did you know that some glass panels in the jalousie windows of her room in the Session House are missing? Did you know that some of her children and their families still live in the old house? Did you know that electricity was cut-off from the Session House and the old house more than ten years ago? Until now, it has not been reconnected yet.
PC, the woman is a professional.
presentation is everything in these performances.
Remember the "'touching Jesus' wounds" turn she had?
Perhaps rather crude, but following well established tactics.

The woman is also a faith healer.
I've asked repeatedly if she did psychic surgery by any chance.

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Do you call me “delusional enabler” of Maria Liwayway Alvaran? ...
Yes.
The woman is a medium, pretending to channel the living and the dead.

For shame, PC.
Remember St Evangeline?
Angelina Imden?

What about those false prophecies?
GOTACURAL?
The 2012 Olympics?


Originally Posted by timhau View Post
We don't know, but I recommend you turn to people who have experience in these matters, like the people who found Noah's Ark, Mr. Asholian and his son-in-law, Allis Buls Hitian.
Ouch.
pakeha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 08:12 AM   #394
halleyscomet
Master Poster
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,531
Originally Posted by Astreja View Post
* curtsy* Takk fyrir! Oh, and gleðileg Jól to all! (Springy G cracks open a few bottles of champagne mead and starts distributing mass quantities of cookies, cake, lasagna, chocolate, devilled eggs and tourtière)
Have I mentioned I'm a homebrewer and mead is one of my specialties?
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 08:32 AM   #395
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
 
Akhenaten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pi-Broadford, Australia
Posts: 29,400
Originally Posted by pakeha View Post
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Do you call me “delusional enabler” of Maria Liwayway Alvaran? ...

Yes.
The woman is a medium, pretending to channel the living and the dead.


And her delusional enablers pretend to believe her.
ad infinitum.
The protestations of these limp-headed acolytes avail them nought, Their guilt in proselytising this toxic nonsense marks them forever as what they really are.

Springy G has the right of it. If there really was an almighty it would gleefully commit such vapid, vacuous and vindictive fools to an eternity of torment.

I almost wish I was a bleever sometimes, the better to enjoy that thought.
__________________


Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon

The Australasian Skeptics Forum

Last edited by Akhenaten; 21st December 2012 at 08:34 AM.
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 12:40 PM   #396
PeaceCrusader
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by pakeha View Post
PC, the woman is a professional.
presentation is everything in these performances.
Remember the "'touching Jesus' wounds" turn she had?
Perhaps rather crude, but following well established tactics.

The woman is also a faith healer.
I've asked repeatedly if she did psychic surgery by any chance.


Yes.
The woman is a medium, pretending to channel the living and the dead.

For shame, PC.
Remember St Evangeline?
Angelina Imden?

What about those false prophecies?
GOTACURAL?
The 2012 Olympics?


Ouch.

You have to go to Baliwag, Bulacan, Philippines to see the condition of Maria Liwayway Alvaran or Ka Apaz and her children to know what you are talking about.

Why would the spirit of Ama have long impromptu discourses, tape recorded? For your understanding, you may read His sermons in English (my translation) at http://aristean.org/sermon.htm . For those who understand the Filipino language, please go to http://aristean.org/pahayag.htm or http://aristean.org/transcriptidx.htm for the lists. You may also read His prayers in http://aristean.org/dasalidx.htm .

FYI, not only did the spirit of Ama asked some listeners to touch the wounds of Jesus, He also turned water from the tap to wine. The listeners were also able to taste coconut juice from rice washing water. They were even able to hear the rice jumping while Ama talks to it. Ama allowed about four people to see how Jesus looked like through Ka Apaz.

Yes, Ka Apaz is a faith healer but it is not she who cures people but the spirit of Ama. The people will be cured by Ama provided they have faith that through Him they will be cured. Marcial Aguila of the National Media Production Center had been diagnosed to have lung disease and given just six months to live back in the early 1970s. Ama cured him in four months and lived into his old age until the early 1990s. It is one of his articles in the Philippine Panorama magazine published on 1980-03-30 that prompted me to have an interest to check the 19 prophecies and the Voice myself.

No, there is no psychic surgery done.

pakeha, you still do not understand that it is the spirit of Ama who speaks to people through the physical body of Ka Apaz. The spirit of Ka Apaz leaves her body to allow Ama to take over. This is called “lakip” as against “sanib”. In “sanib”, a spirit inserts into the physical body of a person while the spirit of the person is still in his body.

Why? Can the Holy Spirit not move or cancel His prophecies? You will not know about the coming world war had I not told this to you. What will you do when that happens? If you are unprepared, you may make wrong decisions and their consequences would be eternal.

Last edited by PeaceCrusader; 21st December 2012 at 01:09 PM.
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 12:44 PM   #397
PeaceCrusader
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by MIKILLINI View Post
How long did it take you to do this? What a waste of time...wow. If the "spirit" of Jesus Christ wanted to give out information, why would it be done in a manner that the Bible has condemnation for? Do you just ignore the Holy Spirit? You do know how that is supposed to work, right?

The crucifixion of Jesus Christ study was from 1999 to 2003 and the birth study was from 2004 to 2006. I guess I have to undertake these studies to be able to know how it is supposed to work and explain to people.

August 17, 1 BC may satisfy the revelation of the spirit of Ama regarding the crucifixion but how come Passover would be in August when I have known that Passover is in March or April?

Having learned from the calendar discussion list that a calendar based on the rotation of the moon around the earth may either be a purely lunar calendar or a lunisolar calendar, I tried putting Passover in the purely lunar calendar.

A purely lunar calendar has twelve lunar months in a year of 354/355 days, like the Muslim’s Hegira calendar. A date retrogresses through the seasons. For example, Muharram 1 may be in autumn, later, it will be in summer, then in spring, then in winter, then in autumn again, etc.

In a lunisolar calendar, a month is inserted every two or three years to keep the months in their proper seasons. In the Jewish calendar, the intercalary month of 30 days is inserted on the third, sixth, eighth, eleventh, fourteenth, seventeenth, and nineteenth years in a 19-year Metonic Cycle. So the month of Nisan will remain to be a spring month although its beginning (Nisan 1) may vary in the Gregorian calendar.

Hence, my putting Passover in the purely lunar calendar makes sense. In doing so, I was able to develop the Aristean Cycle that shows when the first month of the purely lunar calendar falls with respect to the Jewish lunisolar calendar.

Last edited by PeaceCrusader; 21st December 2012 at 01:01 PM.
PeaceCrusader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:50 PM   #398
LaurelHS
Muse
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 700
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
FYI, not only did the spirit of Ama asked some listeners to touch the wounds of Jesus, He also turned water from the tap to wine. The listeners were also able to taste coconut juice from rice washing water. They were even able to hear the rice jumping while Ama talks to it. Ama allowed about four people to see how Jesus looked like through Ka Apaz.

Yes, Ka Apaz is a faith healer but it is not she who cures people but the spirit of Ama. The people will be cured by Ama provided they have faith that through Him they will be cured. Marcial Aguila of the National Media Production Center had been diagnosed to have lung disease and given just six months to live back in the early 1970s. Ama cured him in four months and lived into his old age until the early 1990s. It is one of his articles in the Philippine Panorama magazine published on 1980-03-30 that prompted me to have an interest to check the 19 prophecies and the Voice myself. <snip>

You will not know about the coming world war had I not told this to you. What will you do when that happens? If you are unprepared, you may make wrong decisions and their consequences would be eternal.
Please provide more evidence/detail for these happenings. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." Also what kind of lung disease are you talking about?

The "coming world war" you refer to will not happen. Your descriptions of this war were completely unrealistic because you don't know how nuclear weapons work. You've been told this already, but apparently it didn't sink in.
LaurelHS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:57 PM   #399
Akuma Tennou
Thinker
 
Akuma Tennou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
The listeners were also able to taste coconut juice from rice washing water. They were even able to hear the rice jumping while Ama talks to it.
WAW! This is SO divine! And she can swim! (!!! for Pratchett's sake)

!!!!!

Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
Can the Holy Spirit not move or cancel His prophecies?
Only if it does so before the prophecy fails...
__________________
"Karl Marx was right, socialism works, it is just that he had the wrong species" − E. O. Wilson
Akuma Tennou is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2012, 01:57 PM   #400
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic
 
MIKILLINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,979
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader View Post
The crucifixion of Jesus Christ study was from 1999 to 2003 and the birth study was from 2004 to 2006. I guess I have to undertake these studies to be able to know how it is supposed to work and explain to people.
I see the rest of my post was ignored by you although it was the most significant point; According to the Bible consulting mediums is an abomination to God..According to the Bible you must be born again to receive the Holy Spirit..and that is how one is supposed to communicate with Christ, that's the only way. According to the Bible Aristea, he's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow! So why are you doing the very thing God despises?
__________________
Attempting to build a case without evidence is just another day spent with no use of common sense.-Me

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo

Last edited by MIKILLINI; 21st December 2012 at 02:02 PM.
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.