ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th November 2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Maldon
Thinker

Ketchum claimed that she thought she had been raped by a Bigfoot.

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2...ember-27-2012/
"Ketchum claimed that she thought she had been raped by a Bigfoot. She went out to her pasture, had some sort of a lost time event, woke a couple of hours later after being unconscious and felt sore in her vaginal area."

Mod InfoSplit from The "I killed bigfoot" Justin Smeja interview", found here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=240031
Posted By:Locknar

Last edited by Locknar; 29th November 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Maldon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 01:10 PM   #2
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

Originally Posted by Maldon View Post
"Ketchum claimed that she thought she had been raped by a Bigfoot. She went out to her pasture, had some sort of a lost time event, woke a couple of hours later after being unconscious and felt sore in her vaginal area."
She should have taken some fluid samples and did some DNA testing.
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Biscuit
Philosopher

That doesn't sound like a legitimate rape to me.

Old 28th November 2012, 02:25 PM   #4
StankApe
Banned

Quote:

Somewhere there's a Bigfoot high fiving and drinking bud light while watching football, in fact he will probably write a book called "Do they Serve beer in Hell: The Tucker Squatch story"

Last edited by StankApe; 28th November 2012 at 02:26 PM.
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Kilaak Kommander
Critical Thinker

Future headline: Bigfoot denies responsibility, blames aliens.
Kilaak Kommander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 02:42 PM   #6
dafydd
Banned

A joke about bigfoots and beavers comes to mind. And how do bigfoots get hold of GHB?

Last edited by dafydd; 28th November 2012 at 02:43 PM.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 04:02 PM   #7
AlaskaBushPilot
Master Poster

You only need GHB for the unwilling.

This looks consensual. The "I was asleep" cover story is as old as the hills.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 04:04 PM   #8
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
You only need GHB for the unwilling.

This looks consensual. The "I was asleep" cover story is as old as the hills.
Or a case of ''try telling him that you have a headache.''
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Vortigern99
Philosopher

I know if I were a woman and I awoke in a field with a vague vulvular ache, I would immediately think "Sasquatch rape". There is simply no other explanation.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 02:24 AM   #10
MikeG
Philosopher

I think that just for the record it ought to be said that Ketchum has never made any such claim herself. This rape scenario comes only from the twisted mind that is Robert Lindsay. Visit his blog only if you are prepared to shower afterwards..........

Mike

Last edited by MikeG; 29th November 2012 at 02:37 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 03:17 AM   #11
captain koolaid
Critical Thinker

Yeah, Sasquatches are a bunch of perverts. They're into that funny business. It doesn't surprise me that they got all rapey with Ketchum. I hear they use rohypnol. She should have known better.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 08:41 AM   #12
Maldon
Thinker

In all fairness to the bigfoots, Mr Lindsay also states:
Quote:
I have now learned that she was fully clothed the whole time and wearing jeans. There is no way that a Bigfoot took her jeans off, raped her and then replaced them. Forget it. It now turns out that Ketchum does not think she was actually raped. Instead she was somehow “mind-raped” by a Bigfoot. I suppose that’s possible somehow ...
So the dear creatures are not really raping anyone, they just mind**** them.
Old 29th November 2012, 09:10 AM   #13
s4zando
Muse

So Ketchum is the type of gal who has a reputation for going out in the woods, getting all *un-remember-y* and blaming subsequent vaginal soreness on Bigfoots. I, for one, would like to go camping with her sometime.
s4zando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 09:52 AM   #14
SuperFly
New Blood

I give about as much credence to Robert Lindsay as I do The Onion. Perhaps we should start referencing The Onion for our facts from now on?...
SuperFly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 10:46 AM   #15
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
I give about as much credence to Robert Lindsay as I do The Onion. Perhaps we should start referencing The Onion for our facts from now on?...
The Onion would be just as good on the subject of bigfoot...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Magic 9-Ball
Hey, that's a good name
for a band!

So if caught, how would you get Bigfoot a jury of his peers?
Old 29th November 2012, 11:16 AM   #17
AlaskaBushPilot
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
I think that just for the record it ought to be said that Ketchum has never made any such claim herself. This rape scenario comes only from the twisted mind that is Robert Lindsay. Visit his blog only if you are prepared to shower afterwards..........

Mike
Perfect, thanks.

Everything manipulative people do is covered with "plausible deniability". So they insinuate something ludicrous like this, doing everything except saying it explicitly themselves. Then, after eveyone draws the inference she worked to manufacture...

She, her apologists, or anyone seeing the opportunity plays the "blame the victim" card: Ketchum has never made any such claim herself.

The manipulator is the victim now. The targets are treated to shaming. How dare you make up such salactious stories about RAPE. Look at these twisted minds.

What the literature teaches us about manipulative people is that they think the whole thing through. When they are saying their vagina hurts they are consciously setting the ambush on people who conclude exactly what she wants them to conclude: simultaneously denying the thing they are doing while they are doing it.

Thanks for doing her work for her - she has people she can count on. Other wolves in sheep's clothing. In your case partly playing the "servant" role. Just here to clarify for the record. Except that your language is a ridiculous denial of what she was doing, and casting blame on everyone except her.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 11:28 AM   #18
MikeG
Philosopher

Thanks for doing her work for her - she has people she can count on. Other wolves in sheep's clothing. In your case partly playing the "servant" role. Just here to clarify for the record. Except that your language is a ridiculous denial of what she was doing, and casting blame on everyone except her.
Are you serious?

Are you really talking about me?

If so, you have just got to be kidding. I haven't ever had any contact with Ketchum, directly or indirectly, have no sympathy for the plight her stupid comments have got her into, and have got no inside knowledge of anything to do with her whatsoever. I have no interest in preserving her reputation.

All I have done is said that the premise of the title of this thread is apparently mis-leading. If she has said that she wasn't raped, which she has, then why abuse me with your nonsense when all I do is point that out? Are you here simply for the sake of character assassination, or are you here for a critical thinker's conversation?

Jesus H.......I expected better.

Mike
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 12:11 PM   #19
s4zando
Muse

Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
As a noob, so close to links, yet, so far. From: The Onion: Area Man Admits he Saw a Great Show on Bigfoot Last Night
Quote:
LANCASTER, PA—Much to his family's indifference, 44-year-old father of two Bradley Kochner said he enjoyed an interesting show about Bigfoot on the Discovery Channel last night. "They had some neat footage that was shot in Oregon," said Kochner at the dinner table, describing the one-hour Legends Of Sasquatch special, in a desperate attempt to reach bored sons Joel, 13, and Kyle, 11. "If they show it again, I'll tape it. Maybe we can watch it together. Right, guys?" Kochner's wife Laura said her husband has similarly tried to engage his children in discussions about submarines, UFOs, and Pompeii.
s4zando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 12:28 PM   #20
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by s4zando View Post
So Ketchum is the type of gal who has a reputation for going out in the woods, getting all *un-remember-y* and blaming subsequent vaginal soreness on Bigfoots. I, for one, would like to go camping with her sometime.
Human Girls Are Easy, a popular movie amongst figboots.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:35 PM   #21
George152
Master Poster

Originally Posted by s4zando View Post
So long as you have a small shoe size yes you could get away for the weak end
Old 29th November 2012, 12:44 PM   #22
dafydd
Banned

That myth about big feet, big penis was started by clowns.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:46 PM   #23
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

You'd think a 10 foot tall guy would have little difficulty finding women to hop aboard him just for the size novelty.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 12:58 PM   #24
AlaskaBushPilot
Master Poster

Are you serious?

Are you really talking about me?

If so, you have just got to be kidding. I haven't ever had any contact with Ketchum, directly or indirectly, have no sympathy for the plight her stupid comments have got her into, and have got no inside knowledge of anything to do with her whatsoever. I have no interest in preserving her reputation.

All I have done is said that the premise of the title of this thread is apparently mis-leading. If she has said that she wasn't raped, which she has, then why abuse me with your nonsense when all I do is point that out? Are you here simply for the sake of character assassination, or are you here for a critical thinker's conversation?

Jesus H.......I expected better.

Mike
Thanks again.

"All I have done" is called a minimizer.

The ridicule...

The feigned shock/incredulity...

Playing the victim with my odious "character assassination..."

The insult disguised as compliment: "I expected better"

It's an action-packed post of emotional plays, the framing mostly being that you are a victim of an unfair accusation of being a Ketchum "Insider".

I was pretty careful to point out that anyone keen on exploiting manipulative tactics (like all of the above) is going to utilize this ready-made ambush of Ketchum's.

The game is all about one-upmanship for the manipulative mind. It is irrelevant which side of an issue you are on. Every opportunity for putting people in a one-down position is going to be exploited.

That's why I was so grateful for you being the one springing the ambush. Because it is an important lesson for skeptics: The star manipulator does not have to spring the trap. All she has to do is set it, and she'll have people who even masquerade as "true" skeptics doing the heavy lifting for her.

The key insight on understanding the play you made was over-reaching with the "she said nothing of the kind" and the "twisted mind" comments: framing Ketchum as this completely innocent victim and others looking on at this bigfoot sex fantasy of hers as... the twisted minds.

Beautiful. Painting yourself as the skeptic who is just interested in absolute accuracy while reversing the roles of who is responsible for the sex fantasy and who has the twisted mind. It is far better coming from you rather than from one of her boot-licking drone soldiers for its wonderful irony.

That's why I enjoy so much sharing these insights into the manipulative mind. It's fascinating.
Old 29th November 2012, 01:20 PM   #25
Magic 9-Ball
Hey, that's a good name
for a band!

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
That myth about big feet, big penis was started by clowns.
Bigfoot on trial:

Lawyer: "If it does not fit, you must aquit!"
Old 29th November 2012, 02:09 PM   #26
CynicalSkeptic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Kilaak Kommander View Post
Future headline: Bigfoot denies responsibility, blames aliens.
Yeah, lost time events almost always involve anal probing aliens with advanced technology, not horny half-man/half-ape creatures who live in the forest.
CynicalSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 02:22 PM   #27
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

I'd say I have an alibi but I don't know which time she is talking about...

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 02:37 PM   #28
MikeG
Philosopher

"All I have done" is called a minimizer.
I don't care what it's called, but I thank you for this nugget.

The feigned shock/incredulity...
Nothing feigned at all, I promise you.

Playing the victim with my odious "character assassination..."
No playing involved. You attempted a pseudo-intellectual analysis of me, my post and my motives, and you got it completely wrong. In the process, you appear to be doing a hatchet job on me.

The insult disguised as compliment: "I expected better"
I did. However, I don't anymore. I've worked out exactly what to expect from you. Let me help you, though, with a little insight. If you carry on discussing me, rather than the subject of the thread, I shall report you.

I was pretty careful to point out that anyone keen on exploiting manipulative tactics (like all of the above) is going to utilize this ready-made ambush of Ketchum's.
The game is all about one-upmanship for the manipulative mind. It is irrelevant which side of an issue you are on. Every opportunity for putting people in a one-down position is going to be exploited.
Sorry, you are talking about yourself here, aren't you? I can't see anyone else this fits.

That's why I was so grateful for you being the one springing the ambush. Because it is an important lesson for skeptics: The star manipulator does not have to spring the trap. All she has to do is set it, and she'll have people who even masquerade as "true" skeptics doing the heavy lifting for her.
Ah, a conspiracy theorist! Hmmm, there's a sub forum for that sort of nonsense. Why don't you take a little wander over there. You'll fit in well.

The key insight on understanding the play you made was over-reaching with the "she said nothing of the kind" and the "twisted mind" comments: framing Ketchum as this completely innocent victim and others looking on at this bigfoot sex fantasy of hers as... the twisted minds.
No. She did actually say nothing of the kind. She has denied explicitly that she ever said she was raped by a bigfoot. So, I am right. You are wrong. There is nothing deep and meaningful there.

Beautiful. Painting yourself as the skeptic who is just interested in absolute accuracy while reversing the roles of who is responsible for the sex fantasy and who has the twisted mind. It is far better coming from you rather than from one of her boot-licking drone soldiers for its wonderful irony.
I'm reversing no roles. If your twisted logic cannot accept that someone has had something attributed to her incorrectly, then that is your problem, not mine.

That's why I enjoy so much sharing these insights into the manipulative mind. It's fascinating.
Yep. It certainly has been insightful. We have all learned an awful lot about the workings of your mind. Thank you.

Now remember, I am not the subject here. If you try and make me the subject, the little red exclamation mark in a triangle under your name will get clicked. Clear?

Mike
Old 29th November 2012, 03:44 PM   #29
Sonny2
Muse

I personally find this thread rather distasteful and hope it dies a quick death.
Sonny2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 04:00 PM   #30
AlaskaBushPilot
Master Poster

Now remember, I am not the subject here. If you try and make me the subject, the little red exclamation mark in a triangle under your name will get clicked. Clear?

Mike
Thanks again for the manipulative threat as opposed to an argument. Click away.

It is your tactics which are the point of discussion, and the examples just keep rolling out of your posts.

To stay on point, look how a bizarre stance by Ketchum is turned around upon the skeptics, by an alleged skeptic even, as the skeptics being the unreasonable "twisted" ones.

Edited by kmortis:  Removed content copied from moderated thread

Last edited by kmortis; 30th November 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 29th November 2012, 04:47 PM   #31
carlitos
"más divertido"

I couldn't help myself so I clicked. That Robert Lindsay guy seems super creepy. He has several blog topics on how men should rightly be attracted to young girls. Not too young, of course just 12-16 or so. On one post, he shows a photo of a nude 12 year old girl, just so you know what he's talking about.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 04:50 PM   #32
calwaterbear
Thinker

Hey ABP back off on this. Mike did nothing more than express personal revulsion to this whole tawdry Robert Linsay fueled BS speculation. Melba has all sorts of issues and character flaws, and is most likely a fraud and a crook. But Lindsey Himself has backed off of this BS, and yet some people here continue to try and pile on with this crap!

I have been one of Melbas biggest critics, and i will continue to be, but how about we actually rise above the skum and deal with facts and informed speculation, instead of spreading wild insinuations and inuendo.

And for you to go one step further, to try and propogate this BS by attacking those who voice opposition to the witch hunt, That, as far as i am concerned is pretty low. I don't like that behavior, and I don't think there is any place for it in this or any other forum.
So I've said my piece. go ahead and pull out your psychobabble 101 books so you can commence your long distance psychoanalysis of my flawed character! while you have the books out, do me a favor, look up the definition of bully!
CWB

Last edited by calwaterbear; 29th November 2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: cant spell
calwaterbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 04:54 PM   #33
Sonny2
Muse

Cal, I have to agree that I thought this was a bit over the edge. I didn't see any of what ABP claimed in Mike's post.
Sonny2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 04:54 PM   #34
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I couldn't help myself so I clicked. That Robert Lindsay guy seems super creepy. He has several blog topics on how men should rightly be attracted to young girls. Not too young, of course just 12-16 or so. On one post, he shows a photo of a nude 12 year old girl, just so you know what he's talking about.
One of the posters in the bigfoot threads has the same issue.
Old 29th November 2012, 06:05 PM   #35
Jodie
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sonny2 View Post
I personally find this thread rather distasteful and hope it dies a quick death.
Ditto
Old 29th November 2012, 06:10 PM   #36
StankApe
Banned

Originally Posted by Sonny2 View Post
yeah.... I have a lot of really funny material for this thread......... But i have decided that it's just wrong to use it....
StankApe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 06:23 PM   #37
RedRatSnake
Slithering Through life

I'm Out ~
RedRatSnake is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 06:43 PM   #38
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

After reading all the posts in this thread I too am experiencing "lost time".
Old 29th November 2012, 08:41 PM   #39
Baffled
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Magic 9-Ball View Post
So if caught, how would you get Bigfoot a jury of his peers?
Craigslist?
Baffled is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2012, 11:40 PM   #40
fromdownunder
Illuminator

Thanks again for the manipulative threat as opposed to an argument. Click away. [snip]
Do you do over analysis all the time, or are you just slumming?

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal