ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th January 2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Janadele
Master Poster

...the HEART of the EARTH.

Our Living Hollow Earth
by Rodney M. Cluff
http://www.ourhollowearth.com
"The scriptures indicate that the Lost Ten Tribes have been hidden by God within the earth’s “womb” from which they will emerge in the Latter Days when the earth will “travail” and “bring forth her strength.” (D&C 84:101) Dr. Clay McConkie, with B.A. in history and a Ph.D. in education, declared in his book, The Ten Lost Tribes, A People of Destiny, that after a thorough analysis of all scriptural references to the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel that the scriptures indicate that the lost tribes …”are presently living in a locality not on the earth, but somewhere in the earth… in …an area capable of accommodating a relatively large civilization of people and keeping them hidden from the world for more than twenty-five centuries.” He points out that scripture indicates that this large area inside the earth must be where most of the water came from that covered the earth’s surface at the time of Noah’s flood, and that the exit point in the Arctic must also be the entrance to inner earth that the Lost Tribes took when they disappeared into the north country 25 centuries ago and from which they will someday soon reappear with great fanfare to help spread the Kingdom of God throughout the earth in preparation for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The earth’s “womb” where the Lord has hidden the Lost Tribes is also called in Scripture, “the outmost parts of heaven.” The Lord told Moses, “If any of thine be driven out unto the OUTMOST PARTS OF HEAVEN, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: And the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.” (Deuteronomy 30:4) The earth’s “womb” and “the outmost parts of Heaven” to where the Lord took the Lost Tribes in scripture is also called the “North Countries” because it can be accessed through the north polar orifice to the earth’s interior. Jeremiah testified that, “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together OUT OF THE LAND OF THE NORTH to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.” (Jeremiah 3:12-18) Some of the house of Judah are also there, because the scriptures indicate that that is where the lost and legal inherited throne of David is located."

Interesting.

Last edited by Janadele; 19th January 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Janadele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 10:52 PM   #2
angrysoba
Philosophile

What?
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 10:54 PM   #3
devnull
Philosopher

I really gotta move cities.
Old 19th January 2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Astreja
Springy Goddess

Am I reading this correctly? Do you, Janadele, actually believe that the earth is hollow and inhabited by "lost tribes"?

I doubt very much that the water from the alleged Noachide flood was hiding down there. If the water somehow magically retreated back down there after the flood, the "lost tribes" are either mer-people or probably drowned. If there was a cavity that previously held enough water to cover the Earth to a depth of 29,029 feet, earthquakes would have cracked the shell open long ago.

(TL;DR version: What???)
Astreja is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:08 PM   #5
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Janadele
Dr. Clay McConkie, with B.A. in history and a Ph.D. in education,
When you find a geologist willing to go along with this nonsense, let me know. I've met education majors. Once took a genetics class with one. He had a mild mental breakdown, while I considered it one of the easier classes I was taking at the time. Education doesn't mean one is capable of understanding science. And as far as history goes, it's irrelevant here.

Here's a hint: there are two food webs on Earth, the photosynthetic food web and the deep-water chemosynthetic one. Unless that tribe grew gills and the ability to withstand a few extra tonnes of pressure, only one is available to them.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...not where I seemed, nor was calculated to be...but no-one need worry...
Originally Posted by Janadele View Post
Our Living Hollow Earth
by Rodney M. Cluff
"The scriptures indicate that the Lost Ten Tribes have been hidden by God within the earth’s “womb” from which they will emerge in the Latter Days when the earth will “travail” and “bring forth her strength.” (D&C 84:101) Dr. Clay McConkie, with B.A. in history and a Ph.D. in education, declared in his book, The Ten Lost Tribes, A People of Destiny, that after a thorough analysis of all scriptural references to the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel that the scriptures indicate that the lost tribes …”are presently living in a locality not on the earth, but somewhere in the earth… in …an area capable of accommodating a relatively large civilization of people and keeping them hidden from the world for more than twenty-five centuries.” He points out that scripture indicates that this large area inside the earth must be where most of the water came from that covered the earth’s surface at the time of Noah’s flood, and that the exit point in the Arctic must also be the entrance to inner earth that the Lost Tribes took when they disappeared into the north country 25 centuries ago and from which they will someday soon reappear with great fanfare to help spread the Kingdom of God throughout the earth in preparation for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The earth’s “womb” where the Lord has hidden the Lost Tribes is also called in Scripture, “the outmost parts of heaven.” The Lord told Moses, “If any of thine be driven out unto the OUTMOST PARTS OF HEAVEN, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: And the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.” (Deuteronomy 30:4) The earth’s “womb” and “the outmost parts of Heaven” to where the Lord took the Lost Tribes in scripture is also called the “North Countries” because it can be accessed through the north polar orifice to the earth’s interior. Jeremiah testified that, “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together OUT OF THE LAND OF THE NORTH to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.” (Jeremiah 3:12-18) Some of the house of Judah are also there, because the scriptures indicate that that is where the lost and legal inherited throne of David is located."
...and, in your opinion, when did the "noachian fludde" happen?
...for that matter, in your opinion, when did "Eve" and "Adam" live?
Old 19th January 2013, 11:18 PM   #7
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Quoting slabs of text without comment is spamming, but never mind.

I wonder how this hollow earth stuff fits in with LDS teaching?

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:27 PM   #8
Janadele
Master Poster

There is much of which we mortals have no present knowledge, which is yet to be revealed.
Janadele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:30 PM   #9
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

There is much of which we mortals have no present knowledge, which is yet to be revealed.
Poe. Must be.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:31 PM   #10
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...not where I seemed, nor was calculated to be...but no-one need worry...
...but in your opinion, when did the "fludde" happen?
...and, in your opinion, when did "Eve" and "Adam" live?
Old 19th January 2013, 11:34 PM   #11
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Evidently much of what is yet to be revealed will directly conflict with the knowledge that we've already demonstrated.
Old 19th January 2013, 11:37 PM   #12
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

When you can present any of that evidence, I'd love to hear it. MY evidence is contained in any university-level geological textbook you care to look at. If you want a semi-formal citation, I'll go with "Earth: Portrait of a Planet". Geo 104 should be about your speed.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:39 PM   #13
angrysoba
Philosophile

Errr...so how does this guy know? And how do you?
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:41 PM   #14
Lukraak_Sisser
Graduate Poster

But the inner composition of the earth is NOT one of them.
We have a very detailed map of inner densities as the earth is kind enough to give us a near constant sound probing in the form of the hundreds of tiny earthquakes each day.
And the speed at which these shockwaves propagate is directly correlated to the material they travel trough. If there WERE a large hidden ocean or even more obvious, a large empty inner space that would have been found nearly a century ago.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:45 PM   #15
Lukraak_Sisser
Graduate Poster

FYI Janadele, there should be an older thread in religion about the ark / flood thing in which several people have given a host of evidence how every aspect of that particular story is unprovable or just plain impossible using any scientific method.
From total lack of any geological evidence to the fact that the ark as described would turn to kindling on a calm pond before anything is loaded on board due to its sheer size.
It might be helpful to peruse that before posting too much on that particular detail.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2013, 11:48 PM   #16
Edx
Illuminator

I wish I could Poe this good.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 12:10 AM   #17
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

...the HEART of the EARTH.

This simple truth I suspect is what gets every scientist out of bed in the morning.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:15 AM   #18
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The fact that we do not know everything is not an excuse to wilfully ignore what we do know.

For example: we know enough about the composition of the earth to dismiss as nonsense what you've posted in your OP; we know enough about the history of the Americas and its original inhabitants to dismiss as nonsense the contents of the Book of Mormon; we know enough about the Egyptian papyri Joseph Smith got his hands on to dismiss as nonsense the Book of Abraham.

Last edited by Pixel42; 20th January 2013 at 01:16 AM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:23 AM   #19
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Interesting.
Not interesting.
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:42 AM   #20
fromdownunder
Illuminator

Some of the house of Judah are also there, because the scriptures indicate that that is where the lost and legal inherited throne of David is located."
You actually mean David Innes, don't you?

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:46 AM   #21
Shadow the Poodle
Scholar

Our Living Hollow Earth
by Rodney M. Cluff

Interesting.
No.

(Always wanted to do that)
Shadow the Poodle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 01:56 AM   #22
Craig4
Philosopher

Did your Doctor happen to do any research that involved things other than reading fairy stories? From the LDS thread we learned of the massive errors in the History of the New World in the BoM. The inaccuracies about history and the life sciences in the Bible are legion and well established. Why would you conclude that these scriptures would have value in the study of Geology after failing to add value to other subjects of legitimate research?

Last edited by Craig4; 20th January 2013 at 03:47 AM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:02 AM   #23
MikeG
Philosopher

Yeah. And?

The general principles of the structure of the planet are very well understood. There are no great hollows. Have a little read about a chap called Mohorovicic (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have accents). He came up with a beautifully simple way of seeing the structure under our feet.

Mike
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:08 AM   #24
Sparkyryan
New Blood

Re: ...the HEART of the EARTH.

Myths can be sublime, they can be beautiful and intriguing right up until the point when they are presented as facts, then they are just obnoxious fairy stories!
Sparkyryan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:11 AM   #25
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
FYI Janadele, there should be an older thread in religion about the ark / flood thing in which several people have given a host of evidence how every aspect of that particular story is unprovable or just plain impossible using any scientific method.
From total lack of any geological evidence to the fact that the ark as described would turn to kindling on a calm pond before anything is loaded on board due to its sheer size.
It might be helpful to peruse that before posting too much on that particular detail.
This.
pakeha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:18 AM   #26
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I wonder how this hollow earth stuff fits in with LDS teaching?
Me too. Janadele, please speak to this.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:32 AM   #27
sophia8
Master Poster

and from which they will someday soon reappear with great fanfare to help spread the Kingdom of God throughout the earth in preparation for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This all happened centuries before anything about Jesus and his Second Coming was written, so why does it have to be Jesus? Why couldn't these lost tribes be proclaiming the Second Coming of Baal, or Osiris, or Attis or any of the other slain-and-resurrected gods that were around in the pre-Christian Middle East?
"Nature is floods and famines and earthquakes and viruses and little blue-footed booby babies getting their brains pecked out by their stronger siblings! ....Nature doesn't care about me, or about anybody in particular - nature can be terrifying! Why do they even put words like 'natural' on products like shampoo, like it's automatically a good thing? I mean, sulfuric acid is natural!" -Julia Sweeney
sophia8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:34 AM   #28
Hokulele
Official Nemesis

Wait, there is an undiscovered hole at the North Pole that leads to a huge, inner civilization? One with absolutely no sunlight?

Um, yeah. You really don't see any problems with any of that?

- Tragic Monkey
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 02:44 AM   #29
Empress
Piggish

So a couple of LDS "scientists" decide, despite massive amounts of evidence to the contrary, that the earth is hollow, and you just say "Okay, good, done! Hollow world it is!!" You do realize that even most Mormons that truly accept the silliness of the Book of Mormon still don't accept this nonsense, right?
Old 20th January 2013, 03:02 AM   #30
Sparkyryan
New Blood

Re: ...the HEART of the EARTH.

Originally Posted by sophia8 View Post
This all happened centuries before anything about Jesus and his Second Coming was written, so why does it have to be Jesus? Why couldn't these lost tribes be proclaiming the Second Coming of Baal, or Osiris, or Attis or any of the other slain-and-resurrected gods that were around in the pre-Christian Middle East?
Research it enough, you'll probably find just such a myth involving one if not all of the above in place of jesus, after all both the creation story and jesus are not unique to Christianity.
Sparkyryan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 03:33 AM   #31
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Do you believe this to be true, Janadele, or are you just presenting random bits of copypasta?

Geologists know a great deal more about the internal structure of the planet than you might think. The planet is not hollow, and there are no people living eternal lives inside it. The author whom you quote may have all sorts of qualifications, but his lack of knowledge of basic geology has led him into a quite fantastical error.
Old 20th January 2013, 03:37 AM   #32
MikeG
Philosopher

Janadele,

would it be asking too much if for once you would post your opinions or views, not those of other people?

Great tranches of unsubstantiated gibberish from third-party fools have no powers of persuasion whatsoever for those who can think, and, thankfully, you are surrounded on this forum by people who can and do think. So, why not take the opportunity of presenting your own thoughts, rather than those of gibbering idiots?

Mike
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 04:32 AM   #33
Captain_Swoop
Philosopher

From one of the pages at that site
Quote:
These incidents confirm to me the truth of Karl Unger's letter - that he reached Our Hollow Earth in a German submarine, the U-209, in 1943 after World War II had destroyed Germany
So add basic modern history to the things they mess up.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 04:50 AM   #34
Craig4
Philosopher

Is there any research supporting this "hollow earth" idea other than analysis of various books of scriptures?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 05:03 AM   #35
Rincewind
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
You actually mean David Innes, don't you?

Norm
Or maybe David Icke?
Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 05:32 AM   #36
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Ten tribes live in a hole below the arctic for 25 centuries. Aside from the puzzle of how they could possibly have travelled there, practical problems present themselves: food, heat, light - that kind of thing. Does the author offer any suggestions other than magic?

Also, I note that the Arctic is an ocean. Having the entrance to the imagined enormous cavern underwater once again presents a practical problem. Is that resolved in the book?

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 20th January 2013 at 05:35 AM.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 06:12 AM   #37
learner
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Ten tribes live in a hole below the arctic for 25 centuries. Aside from the puzzle of how they could possibly have travelled there, practical problems present themselves: food, heat, light - that kind of thing. Does the author offer any suggestions other than magic?

Also, I note that the Arctic is an ocean. Having the entrance to the imagined enormous cavern underwater once again presents a practical problem. Is that resolved in the book?

Your'e just being awkward now.
Old 20th January 2013, 06:31 AM   #38
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Don't forget to count yourself.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2013, 06:43 AM   #39
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Our Living Hollow Earth
by Rodney M. Cluff

Interesting.

Interesting indeed. Apparently Mr. Cluff is not satisfied with God's Creation as it actually is, and wishes to embellish it with features of his own imagining. Including relocating portions of heaven to underground. One wonders how he attained powers of creation superior to God's.

And you support him in this, Janadele? Why?

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 20th January 2013, 06:47 AM   #40
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Look, they've thought about that. There's a sun in the middle of the earth, silly!
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy