ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th March 2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

A quick truther poll: Please cast your vote!

Hey folks,

the "Debunking the Debunkers" truther blog has a little poll set up, top right of:
http://911debunkers.blogspot.de/

Quote:
Did 9/11 Receive Inside help

Yes
No
Maybe
Please cast your vote! :P
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Dcdrac
Philosopher

Just did for no......911 did not recieve insider help.

I notice you can change your vote.........
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 08:23 AM   #3
ozeco41
Philosopher

Well that was a first for me....
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 09:21 AM   #4
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 09:52 AM   #5
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

With my vote cast, and 286 days left in the poll the results so far are 1 vote "yes" and 16 votes "no", zero "Maybe" votes.

I see Oystein gets a mention in the article on the Harrit et al debunking. I also see an exhortation to donate for an independant dust study..... another one?? Will this one conclusively indicate the presence of pixie dust?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I also see an exhortation to donate for an independant dust study..... another one?? Will this one conclusively indicate the presence of pixie dust?

It will conclusively indicate the need for further independent studies and more donations.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 10:34 AM   #7
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ape of good hope View Post
it will conclusively indicate the need for further independent studies and more donations.
ftfy
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 10:37 AM   #8
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
I don't frequent blogs or YouTube.

I went to the linked site and voted as per Oystein's request. Therefore "a first for me"
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Dog Town
Banned

I don't frequent blogs or YouTube.

I went to the linked site and voted as per Oystein's request. Therefore "a first for me"
Got it. That would make me a +1, as well.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 11:19 AM   #10
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Got it. That would make me a +1, as well.
No problem...I was responding to Oystein knowing that he would get the cryptic comment. I forgot about other members.
Old 14th March 2013, 02:53 PM   #11
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

With my vote cast, and 286 days left in the poll the results so far are 1 vote "yes" and 16 votes "no", zero "Maybe" votes.
By now it's
4 Yes
50 No
0 Maybe
What's up with those lurkers?

I see Oystein gets a mention in the article on the Harrit et al debunking. I also see an exhortation to donate for an independant dust study..... another one?? Will this one conclusively indicate the presence of pixie dust?
I am emailing with JM Talboo, one of the contributors to that blog, and we are on friendly and respectful terms.

This other new study is Mark Basile's. I haven't "officially" endorsed it yet, mainly because Mark stopped responding to me months ago after a first phone call. But his proposal is not unreasonable, and I think he is an honest chap.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 03:55 PM   #12
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

6 to 57 now. No doubt there is a conspiracy against 'Debunking the Debunkers' at foot
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 04:05 PM   #13
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
6 to 57 now. No doubt there is a conspiracy against 'Debunking the Debunkers' at foot
Its Oystein's fault he put us onto it.

"JREF plot,, JREF plot,, conspiracy!!"
Old 14th March 2013, 04:20 PM   #14
Mark F
Graduate Poster

I smell a rat, now its 6 to 55 after I voted. Where did 3 No votes go?
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 04:40 PM   #15
Justin39640
Illuminator

Ummm I voted no a little while ago and I could have sworn it was in the 60's. Maybe it's a software glitch, maybe it's not. It said 56 when I just checked.
Old 14th March 2013, 05:03 PM   #16
Justin39640
Illuminator

Now 65.
Old 14th March 2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Voted.

DID 9/11 RECEIVE INSIDE HELP

Yes
7 (9%)

No
69 (90%)

Maybe
0 (0%)
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 05:25 PM   #18
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
Ummm I voted no a little while ago and I could have sworn it was in the 60's. Maybe it's a software glitch, maybe it's not. It said 56 when I just checked.

As Dcdrac noted, it is possible to change your vote (some might misunderstand the question being asked at first?), might have something to do with it?

Yes: 7 (8%)
No: 75 (91%)
Maybe: 0 (0%)

Last edited by JohnG; 14th March 2013 at 05:27 PM.
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 05:52 PM   #19
Orphia Nay
Tagger

This thread has had 269 views so far, which may have something to do with the votes rising quickly.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 06:03 PM   #20
Courier
Banned

If 1,000 people vote in this "poll" and 999 votes yes, Truthers will claim this means that 99% of the USA thinks 9-11 was an inside job.

Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 07:00 PM   #21
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Hey folks,

the "Debunking the Debunkers" truther blog has a little poll set up, top right of:
http://911debunkers.blogspot.de/

Please cast your vote! :P
From the link:

It is the purpose of this website to rebut the hollow claims of the so-called 911 truth 'Debunkers' and clarify what is known about the attacks for the benefit of those following the debate and also for the largely uninformed public.

Sorry that we don't allow any comments, but if you wish to communicate any thoughts you have about the published material please contact us here.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 07:25 PM   #22
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
From the link:

It is the purpose of this website to rebut the hollow claims of the so-called 911 truth 'Debunkers' and clarify what is known about the attacks for the benefit of those following the debate and also for the largely uninformed public.

Sorry that we don't allow any comments, but if you wish to communicate any thoughts you have about the published material please contact us here.
Oooo let's!
Old 14th March 2013, 07:50 PM   #23
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Yes
8 (7%)

No
102 (92%)

Maybe
0 (0%)
Old 14th March 2013, 07:53 PM   #24
SezMe
post-pre-born

102 to 8.

ETA: Aren't you pleased that I added more info than Orphia?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 08:08 PM   #25
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

It currently says:
Quote:
Yes
8 (7%)

No
105 (92%)

Maybe
0 (0%)
Nitpick: It should say 93% for the No option since 105 of 113 is actually 92.920353982%.

LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 08:37 PM   #26
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
It currently says:

Nitpick: It should say 93% for the No option since 105 of 113 is actually 92.920353982%.

"Vote early -- and vote often"
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2013, 11:25 PM   #27
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Its Oystein's fault he put us onto it.

"JREF plot,, JREF plot,, conspiracy!!"
I should feel bad for being an NWO shill, but the bonus to my April paycheck will silence my conscience oh so sweetly
Old 14th March 2013, 11:53 PM   #28
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

I voted (no, of course), but most Internet polls, if maybe fun, are rather silly and meaningless, to be honest.
Old 15th March 2013, 02:20 AM   #29
Dcdrac
Philosopher

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
I voted (no, of course), but most Internet polls, if maybe fun, are rather silly and meaningless, to be honest.
And as it appears you can change your vote at will it is even more meaningless
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2013, 05:56 AM   #30
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
That doesn't stop CT'ers from making a big to-do about them. When they support their cause, that is.
thedopefishlives is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2013, 12:15 PM   #31
NoahFence
Banned

16 Yes
132 No
1 Maybe

oops. Not going according to plan?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2013, 04:40 PM   #32
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I am emailing with JM Talboo, one of the contributors to that blog, and we are on friendly and respectful terms.
JM actually thanked me briefly for posting the link here
Old 18th March 2013, 12:26 AM   #33
Spanx
Master Poster

LOL
The poll has changed now

It must have been an inside job !

If that's not evidence of an inside job, then I don't know what is

It's a good job there is an option to change your vote.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2013, 01:24 AM   #34
BangBang
Thinker

Just goes to show the dishonesty of these people
BangBang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2013, 01:59 AM   #35
AdMan
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
LOL
The poll has changed now

That's why these Internet polls are just a joke.
Old 18th March 2013, 04:31 AM   #36
Spanx
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
It's interesting to to see JM's poll is massively more successful than the two petitions running.

http://911blogger.com/news/2013-03-0...tures#comments
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2013, 08:37 AM   #37
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
Wow! Just wow. The irony that 'truthers' would stoop to dishonesty is epic

Fitz
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2013, 08:53 AM   #38
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

It's interesting to to see JM's poll is massively more successful than the two petitions running.

http://911blogger.com/news/2013-03-0...tures#comments
we petition the obama administration to:

REINVESTIGATE THE COLLAPSE OF WTC BUILDING 7 ON 9/11. NEVER HAS A STEEL FRAME BUILDING COLLAPSED DUE TO OFFICE FIRES.

Signatures needed by April 10, 2013 to reach goal of 100,000

Total signatures on this petition

Hahahahahaaha..almost there kiddies!
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2013, 08:44 PM   #39
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

LOL
The poll has changed now

Wow, that is some staggering, ridiculous, shameless dishonesty And if enough people change their vote the poll question will no doubt magically transmogrify yet again.

Just like I always say, you don't have to be a sociopath to be a Truther...

...but it certainly would explain a lot.

Last edited by JohnG; 18th March 2013 at 08:48 PM.
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2013, 11:38 PM   #40
Spanx
Master Poster

It's also interesting to see that with all the people voting in the poll, hardly any are willing to contribute to Mark Basile Yet Rick S donated $1 on 1/25/12 Well before the appeal started

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories