ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Boston Marathon bombing

Old 15th April 2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Mark F
Critical Thinker

Boston Marathon CTs

Will it be an "inside job" to take away our freedom to run?
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:24 PM   #2
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

CTers already claiming Boston Marathon explosions are false flag/conspiracy -

CTers are within minutes of this event proclaiming that the Boston Marathon explosions are...yep, a false flag/conspiracy. Note at the time I write this these events happened mere minutes ago and no one has any idea whats going on - at all.

I mean I'm really not surprised. This is now routine. Any tragic news event results in CTers claiming its a conspiracy immediately. But its really, really sad.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:28 PM   #3
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LightinDarkness View Post
CTers are within minutes of this event proclaiming that the Boston Marathon explosions are...yep, a false flag/conspiracy. Note at the time I write this these events happened mere minutes ago and no one has any idea whats going on - at all.

I mean I'm really not surprised. This is now routine. Any tragic news event results in CTers claiming its a conspiracy immediately. But its really, really sad.
Everything is always a conspiracy with them. And yet they wonder why they have no credibility...

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Gawdzilla
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

Link to the news?
Gawdzilla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:30 PM   #5
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
Link to the news?
Not much out there because it LITERALLY just happened and people haven't had time to write much yet, but:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...057_story.html
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:32 PM   #6
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

For those who can handle the sheer stupidity, here you go:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2204047/pg5

The people are so stupid and sick I can't even bring myself to quote some of the false flag comments. To GLP's credit, there are one or two saying its "real" - but they are the minority.
Old 15th April 2013, 12:38 PM   #7
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

Sounds bad. myfoxboston.com is reporting that people have lost arms and legs.
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:42 PM   #8
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Expect within the next 2 hours that CTers will take these early reports (which of course are always wildly speculative in the media) and begin pointing out contrasts in reporting as proof of conspiracy.
Old 15th April 2013, 12:44 PM   #9
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

godlike could find a false flag in a gas main failure. Let them choke on their own bile and self-importance.

Spectrum Scientifics - My store - Google it people!
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:48 PM   #10
Cinnamon Life
Critical Thinker

Well, they think that no crime in America happens without NWO approval/planning.
Cinnamon Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 12:59 PM   #11
Bishop
Critical Thinker

And let's not our friends from the Icke forums:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242578

A couple of them are even speculating that the whole thing is a hoax.
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 01:05 PM   #12
Rakarek
Scholar

The number one conspiracy theory blogger of Finland has already posted the following(roughly translated from Finnish by me):

Quote:
Let's see how the situation advances. But one thing is for certain, North Korea has nothing to do with this case, this is a false flag perpetrated by the Global Elite™ in order to start the Third World War with the help of Mossad
Let the delusion begin!
Rakarek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 01:14 PM   #13
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God, the Loons were already posting their crap only five minutes after the news broke?

When it comes to huge speculation based on very little fact,the Tin Foil Brigade are world champs.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 01:15 PM   #14
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently the nutjobs were secreaming "Inside Job" about five minutes after the News broke. That must be some kind of a record.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 01:40 PM   #15
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Sad news. CTers are retards.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:11 PM   #16
DC
Banned

acording to AJ there was a bomb drill on the same day, and that based on tweets from boston globe a few minutes ago that there will be controlled exlosions by the bomb squad.
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:32 PM   #17
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Alex Jones can suck off Satan's minions in hell for all eternity for all I care.
Old 15th April 2013, 02:38 PM   #18
Alareth
Expert Expertologist

I've not dived into the CT sites yet, but from the comments on articles from the major news outlets the recurring theme I've seen is that by bombing the marathon the government has the justification for taking all our guns away. Somehow. I've yet to see commenters make the actual connection between the two.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:40 PM   #19
Garrison
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DC View Post
acording to AJ there was a bomb drill on the same day,

They're holding a major event and they run a drill? Colour me shocked. Just as well Mister Jones wasn't in London last August...

Quote:
and that based on tweets from boston globe a few minutes ago that there will be controlled exlosions by the bomb squad.
That's inevitable. You have a lot of abandoned bags, rucksacks, etc. and if there's any doubt they will use controlled explosions to destroy any potential detonating mechanism.
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:45 PM   #20
zelda19678
New Blood

My son is at home on leave before he goes to Afghanistan, and we both started watching this (in UK). We both immediately said ''Oh Christ- here we go with the conspiracy theories''

Came on here- and off we go! We discussed and dismissed very quickly Al Qaeda. My bet was a neo Nazi group.. but then again, could just be a lone nutjob wanting his 5 minutes of fame.

All I ask is why?..Just why? Well wishes to all that were injured, and the families of those who died.
zelda19678 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:48 PM   #21
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
They're holding a major event and they run a drill? Colour me shocked. Just as well Mister Jones wasn't in London last August...

That's inevitable. You have a lot of abandoned bags, rucksacks, etc. and if there's any doubt they will use controlled explosions to destroy any potential detonating mechanism.
yup, he just made up the drill. and he keeps running with it.
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:54 PM   #22
eddyk
Thinker

I'm here because someone on my facebook posted the status.

'Boston is a false flag attack'.

Unbelievable.... but totally expected.
eddyk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 02:56 PM   #23
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Alex Jones Declares Boston A ‘False Flag’ Operation, ‘FBI Behind’ ‘Every Domestic Terror Plot’
http://www.mediaite.com/online/alex-...c-terror-plot/
Old 15th April 2013, 02:59 PM   #24
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Question.

Absurdly high homicide rate in the US and Alex Jones is still safe?

Firstly, doesn't that rather prove that no one is out to get him and therefore his stories are crap?

Secondly, why?

Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet.
If I die before I wake, give them to my brother Jake.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:33 PM   #25
Garrison
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Yup, by definition an "official story" and status-quo position has to be right in the pseudo-skeptical mindset. Thanks for proving the point.
And that's the point that apparently has zoomed right over your head; there is no official story, there is no hard evidence available yet because there's been no time to gather any but Ctists like Alex Jones have already decided it's a false flag operation. They've reached a conclusion because of nothing but their close-minded world view; so who are the real 'sheeple'?
Garrison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:34 PM   #26
DC
Banned

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...8z6eSDJEA.cspx

seems i found the source for the drill claim.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:37 PM   #27
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
And that's the point that apparently has zoomed right over your head; there is no official story, there is no hard evidence available yet because there's been no time to gather any but Ctists like Alex Jones have already decided it's a false flag operation. They've reached a conclusion because of nothing but their close-minded world view; so who are the real 'sheeple'?
Calling it a false flag attack with no evidence is the height of lunacy. I'm waiting for CE to tell me how a real skeptic should act. CE calls us pseudo-skeptics so presumably she has an idea about how real skeptics should act or does she just like the sound of her own typing?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:42 PM   #28
Natan

Quote:
Let's see how the situation advances. But one thing is for certain, North Korea has nothing to do with this case, this is a false flag perpetrated by the Global Elite™ in order to start the Third World War with the help of Mossad
I actually think it IS a North Korean nuclear bomb. Their stuff tends to fail miserably.
Natan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:44 PM   #29
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

From the OP (emphasis mine):

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Lack of originality, as pointed out. And not getting what it is i'm doing. It's not defending the behaviour of people who only have something to do with me in your mind, but pointing out behaviour of people who call themselves "skeptic" but don't act in that way.

CE, the people you are taking to task here are simply saying that it is wrongheaded to jump to any conclusions at this time. What sane, intelligent human being could possibly have a problem with that sentiment?

Whether you realize it or not you have allied yourself with some of the craziest and/or stupidest human beings in history. Good luck with that.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:44 PM   #30
dafydd
Banned

Can anyone else tell me how a real skeptic should act?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:45 PM   #31
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post

CE, the people you are taking to task here are simply saying that it is wrongheaded to jump to any conclusions at this time. What sane, intelligent human being could possibly have a problem with that sentiment?
My question has been answered.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:46 PM   #32
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

What does how a skeptic should act have to do with conspiracy kooks always claiming "false flag" minutes after any and every tragic event like a bunch of idiots?

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:47 PM   #33
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
What does how a skeptic should act have to do with conspiracy kooks claiming false flag minutes after any and every tragic event like a bunch of idiots?
Beats me. We await words of wisdom from CE. I can hardly wait to find out if I am a real or pseudo-skeptic.

Last edited by dafydd; 15th April 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:53 PM   #34
squealpiggy
Graduate Poster

For those who can handle the sheer stupidity, here you go:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2204047/pg5

The people are so stupid and sick I can't even bring myself to quote some of the false flag comments. To GLP's credit, there are one or two saying its "real" - but they are the minority.
One of the messages on this link states that someone predicted a "false flag" on April 15th. This prediction was made on April 4th.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1430349/pg1

Of 2011
squealpiggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:54 PM   #35
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Can anyone else tell me how a real skeptic should act?
I didn't know either, that there was a set of rules in how you have to act to tell someone "I don't believe you"... you would think something like that would have a book, or website or at least a pamphlet...

Old 15th April 2013, 03:54 PM   #36
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
One of the messages on this link states that someone predicted a "false flag" on April 15th. This prediction was made on April 4th.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1430349/pg1

Of 2011
It must be true if someone says that someone said it.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:56 PM   #37
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Alex Jones Declares Boston A ‘False Flag’ Operation, ‘FBI Behind’ ‘Every Domestic Terror Plot’
http://www.mediaite.com/online/alex-...c-terror-plot/
Alex Jones spouts total crap without knowing any real facts.

And Francisco Franco Is Still Dead, The Pope is still a Catholic. and Bears still s--t in the woods.
Old 15th April 2013, 03:57 PM   #38
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
I didn't know either, that there was a set of rules in how you have to act to tell someone "I don't believe you"... you would think something like that would have a book, or website or at least a pamphlet...
CE knows but she's not telling. I would say it was not believing in tosh like false flag attacks without a shred of evidence, but what do I know? I'm a pseudo-skeptic
Old 15th April 2013, 03:58 PM   #39
Bell
beautiful freak

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Apparently the nutjobs were secreaming "Inside Job" about five minutes after the News broke. That must be some kind of a record.
I wonder who screams first. The conspiracy believers or the skeptics starting threads about how long it will take before a major event is picked up as a conspiracy.

Sorry, no offense. But these kind of threads start to bug me, even though I might have started one or two back in the day (can't remember).

INY
You gotta love cops.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 03:58 PM   #40
dafydd
Banned

Why is it crap to point out that CT nutters are jumping to conclusions?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories