ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 2nd June 2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

June Stundie nominations are the best

And that's why you should put them all right here in this thread.
Old 2nd June 2013, 02:18 AM   #2
Dcdrac
Philosopher

ander is really bustng a gut in his latest big fish thread the whole ting is a stundie for sure
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 03:16 AM   #3
ginjawarrior
Thinker

Quote:
* If you removed the outside walls, the walls would fall. The core would still be there. Your wiki explanation tells you right there that the walls DO NOT HOLD THE BUILDING UP like you previously claimed.

**The perimeter columns were designed to provide support for virtually all lateral loads (such as wind loads) and to share the gravity loads with the core columns*."*
I love it when some doofus comes along and proves himself wrong, then thinks he is proving himself right.
http://www.rollitup.org/politics/661...ml#post9154440
ginjawarrior is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 03:27 AM   #4
jargon buster
Banned

Originally Posted by Dcdrac View Post
ander is really bustng a gut in his latest big fish thread the whole ting is a stundie for sure
Anders is exempt from this thread I believe.
jargon buster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 05:29 AM   #5
swright777
Muse

Originally Posted by ginjawarrior View Post
A few posts later the same guy is using Christophera's stupid concrete core pictures.
swright777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 06:37 AM   #6
Captain_Swoop
Philosopher

Quote:
I am increasingly frustrated by the lack of public timetables for buses and trains. You can't just look at a timetable any more. You have to first enter your data. You have to say where you are travelling from and to, and what day and what time. Then they give you back a narrow selection of information to match your request. If you then change your plans, or you want more than one option, you have to make further tedious requests. Or suppose you want to know where the train stops? Not allowed, only places A and B are to be revealed to you. All else will be invisible, taken care of behind the scenes. Meanwhile they get a rough idea of everyone's future travel plans. Another valuable data collection trick? Or a way to change how we see time and place? Quite often I enter the wrong date to mess up the system.
Bold Stundie.
He puts in the wrong date so they can give him the wrong timetable??

from The Tap Blog. Lot of other random ranting in there as well.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 07:32 AM   #7
FenerFan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Bold Stundie.
He puts in the wrong date so they can give him the wrong timetable??

from The Tap Blog. Lot of other random ranting in there as well.
Wow! That's a whole lotta crazy on that blog page!

But like all human beings, every now and then, we crap in our pants. -Les Claypool
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 01:15 PM   #8
Captain_Swoop
Philosopher

From the same poster at that site referring to the IT contract that one of the UK Police Forces have with IBM
Quote:
Rothschild financed IBM to supply machines to the Nazis to help identify, control, and exterminate Jews. And now IBM own Avon and Somerset Constabulary. We can see where that is going then.
Quote:
I am increasingly noticing that modern towns are getting circled by ring roads or bypasses. The development goes right up to the outer road, then there is nothing on the outer side. I have new and old maps to prove it. The outer road is effectively like a wall, and the roundabouts on it provide the access points, the gates. The modern town is becoming more and more prison like. Ringroads are a good one to bring up actually. I have always likened them to killzones, areas around a fortification or strongpoint devoid of cover. But are they to stop people coming in, or going out.

Also, anyone else noticed the hardening of central reservations, surely the metal absorbant barriers would be better for safety, but then again these concrete ones with zero gaps for miles do stop people turning round, makes keeping people in line easier......
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 02:06 PM   #9
Erock
Muse

The stupid that keeps on giving.....

For your delectation I present a one time winner and multi nominated stundie machine, Ianw.

From the rant room
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=2600

In response to this picture of the Space Shuttle wrapped in polymer sheeting on Earth, he wondered the following:

"Its amazing that they was able to transport equipment around the moon set in polymer bags that never shrank despite 150 degrees of heat soaked up from the unfiltered sun light."

Presumably he thinks that to make the 'moon set' more realistic they filmed it on location on the Moon. I won't bother dissecting the idiotic misconception about 'heat' in a vacuum.
Old 2nd June 2013, 02:15 PM   #10
frenat
Critical Thinker

Alexis111 and his "unique" (read wrong) understanding of the universe.

Quote:
The atom bomb hoax and the deep space hoaxes intersect once more in the atomic-age doctrine of Mutually-Assured-Destruction. A doctrine that outlines man's new power to destroy all life on earth with a major exchange of hostilities between nuclear armed nations. They estimated the stockpiles exceed the amount required to extinguish all life on earth in some post-armaggeddon nuclear winter.

This, and the chance earth might endure a cosmic collision of unspecified yield were pressing issues concerning the need to find an off world home to ensure the survival of our race.

The space age exists since near the International Geophysical Year in the 50s. In all those decades and drained public treasuries it seems no one cares about the survival of mankind. Not an inch closer to relieving any human concerns with a space-based solution.

Clearly the hallmark of a hoax. Things don't follow expected logical patterns. They can go to the moon but they fail to establish a manned outpost, duh. They have suitcase nukes but never a single accident or act of terrorism using one, duh. Big nuclear reactors that go on the blink alongside conventional plants as if they were dumping electricity not producing it, duh. Question anything that does not add up.
from this post
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=2578
in the David Icke Stundie Mining forum rant room. Lots more from him and others for June starting here
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...63523&page=129
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Alareth
Expert Expertologist

Originally Posted by Erock View Post
For your delectation I present a one time winner and multi nominated stundie machine, Ianw.

From the rant room
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=2600

In response to this picture of the Space Shuttle wrapped in polymer sheeting on Earth, he wondered the following:

"Its amazing that they was able to transport equipment around the moon set in polymer bags that never shrank despite 150 degrees of heat soaked up from the unfiltered sun light."

Presumably he thinks that to make the 'moon set' more realistic they filmed it on location on the Moon. I won't bother dissecting the idiotic misconception about 'heat' in a vacuum.
Also his apparent assumption that all plastic is heat activated shrinkwrap.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:54 PM   #12
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Quote:
Question anything that does not add up.
Such as his apparent inability to arrive at a logical conclusion on any matter whatsoever?

Polaris (wrt cluelessforum) - Bunch of sewer-chewing douche nozzles.
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:28 AM   #13
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Jesus ginja that is a stunner
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 06:21 AM   #14
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

Originally Posted by jargon buster View Post
Anders is exempt from this thread I believe.
I thought he had transcended this thread.
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:41 AM   #15
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

From the new font of stundies:
http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote:
To lose weight, use the stone age diet. Only eat what was available in the stone age, nothing manufactured. No bread, cake, biscuits. No sugar. No alcohol. Except on one day a week.
Nothing manufactured? So you have to hunt and gather everything?
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
From the new font of stundies:
http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/

Nothing manufactured? So you have to hunt and gather everything?

He isn't the first to suggest a palaeolithic diet. Alas, as with most gimmick diets, it's been shown to be somewhat useless.
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:35 AM   #17
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

I was going to try the paleolithic diet, by my grocery store is obviously participating in the conspiracy to prevent this by refusing to carry mammoth. I'm not asking for prime cuts or anything, I'd even take mammoth burgers. But NOOO! Just ask the butcher for mammoth meat 30 or 40 times and suddenly I'M the crazy one.
ApolloGnomon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Biscuit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
I was going to try the paleolithic diet, by my grocery store is obviously participating in the conspiracy to prevent this by refusing to carry mammoth. I'm not asking for prime cuts or anything, I'd even take mammoth burgers. But NOOO! Just ask the butcher for mammoth meat 30 or 40 times and suddenly I'M the crazy one.
I do cross fit and a lot of them are into the paleo diet. If you want to annoy a paleo eater then do the following. Pretend to be really interested in the diet and keep interrupting them with questions about what you can eat on the diet.

"Can I eat trail mix?"
"Can I eat spam?"
"Can I eat tofu?"

When that gets old try things like,

"So you gave up coffee?"
"How much time should I dedicate to hunting and gathering?"
"What should I do if I accidentally discover agriculture?"

It drives them batty.

ETA: I should explain that no one who does cross fit has ever given up coffee.

Last edited by Biscuit; 3rd June 2013 at 11:49 AM.
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:03 PM   #19
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I never discover Agriculture by accident. It's always an intentional, directed research project, so that I can start working nearby grain resources and accelerating city growth.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:06 PM   #20
threadworm
Muse

I seem to remember a TV documentary suggesting that one of the driving forces behind our accelerated development was when we first started cooking our food. We might lose some nutrients through cooking, but we gain a more easily digestible intake, so we get more out of what we do eat.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 02:14 PM   #21
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

What are the season dates for Folsom Point hunting?
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:06 PM   #22
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon
I think they are going to try to clone a mammoth. I expect the first order of business if they do will be to see if it tastes like chicken .

sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:34 PM   #23
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
I thought he had transcended this thread.
I think he wants to be in this thread.
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:36 PM   #24
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
I think they are going to try to clone a mammoth. I expect the first order of business if they do will be to see if it tastes like chicken .

I don't know what mammoth tastes like, but I'm firmly convinced that it's the best tasting meat ever discovered by Man.

After all, I figure there has to be a reason that we hunted them to extinction first - at a time when the Pointed Stick was the latest in High Tech. I mean, if you had a rational choice between hunting little tiny deer, or giant huge mammoths, and all you had was a pointy stick, which would you choose? I figure, the mammoth simply has to have tasted so much better, that this alone offset every other rational reason for hunting something easier.
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:00 PM   #25
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I never discover Agriculture by accident. It's always an intentional, directed research project, so that I can start working nearby grain resources and accelerating city growth.
It's a prerequisite for Nuclear Research somewhere down the line, I think.
thedopefishlives is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:37 PM   #26
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I thought you started the game with it.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:51 PM   #27
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I thought you started the game with it.
That's just crazy talk. I suppose next you'll be telling me that armies can't stack, or that cities can attack on their own.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:00 PM   #28
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Quote:
I am increasingly frustrated by the lack of public timetables for buses and trains. You can't just look at a timetable any more. You have to first enter your data. You have to say where you are travelling from and to, and what day and what time. Then they give you back a narrow selection of information to match your request. If you then change your plans, or you want more than one option, you have to make further tedious requests. Or suppose you want to know where the train stops? Not allowed, only places A and B are to be revealed to you. All else will be invisible, taken care of behind the scenes. Meanwhile they get a rough idea of everyone's future travel plans. Another valuable data collection trick? Or a way to change how we see time and place? Quite often I enter the wrong date to mess up the system.
Yes, the public train stops around the country are a closely guarded secret. Only the Illuminati knows where they stop... and train passengers, of course.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:06 PM   #29
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Yes, the public train stops around the country are a closely guarded secret. Only the Illuminati knows where they stop... and train passengers, of course.
Or people who ask for a printed timetable at the ticket office or information desk.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 06:38 AM   #30
sylvan8798
Master Poster

More from the rollitup thread brought to us by gingawarrior

http://<br /> http://www.rollitup.o...do-you-13.html
Originally Posted by Novicehomegrower
newtons research proves that if something hits another thing they both bounce back in equal force

so how come there where no plane parts out of the 2 million parts it takes to make one of these 60 ton beasts
Well that explains why when a bullet hits a person it just bounces off...

Newton rolls over once again...

Old 4th June 2013, 07:39 AM   #31
Biscuit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sylvan8798 View Post
More from the rollitup thread brought to us by gingawarrior

http://<br /> http://www.rollitup.o...do-you-13.html
Well that explains why when a bullet hits a person it just bounces off...

Newton rolls over once again...
I am going to assume that all of the plane parts found, including the recent discovery of the landing gear, would just be hand waved out of existence.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:15 AM   #32
sylvan8798
Master Poster

^Actually, from what I can surmise, he's saying that the parts which WERE found are suspicious because they "could not have survived the 2 week 3000 degree fire". The fact that they were not IN the fire is hand waived out of existence. I think.

Old 4th June 2013, 03:45 PM   #33
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

I love how no planers try to tell us why a shotgun doesn't work..

btw Biscuit, I believe it was a flap mechanism that was found, not landing gear.

Either way, reminds me of a conversation I had with a conspira-tard a few years ago who told me it was "suspicious" how the impact of UA93 left debris which directly correlated to the United paint livery. It begged the question, if the plane crashed and the debris recovered did not correlate to the alleged aircraft, would he then find that perfectly okay?
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 06:38 PM   #34
frenat
Critical Thinker

Not a stundie but still funny (and sad) so had to be shared.

Gort apparently thinks that rebuttals are trolling while his constant insults and spamming are not. I'm curious what dictionary he uses.

Here's the funniest part
It seems I have a stalker
Quote:
I mentioned dormant trolls that would reactivate their accounts to troll this thread,or at least study it religiously.

Frenat is one of them.Usuallly he is over at UM,but also at JREF.

Alexis has been in the limelight recently:

Alexis111 and his "unique" (read wrong) understanding of the universe.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&postcount=10

These gatekeepers are truly frightened by this thread.

There's several more trolls I expect to come here.We'll take them one at a time as they appear or show up elsewhere quoting our every post.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=2645
Again it is in the rant room.

It is hilarious that he thinks anyone is frightened by his nonsense. I watch it simply to laugh at his (and others) completely wrong understanding of the universe around them. Can you imagine how much time he spends just trying to keep tabs on everyone else?

The irony is that I haven't been to that site in months. I asked to have my account deactivated and so I can't even see the rant room. I just get the occasional post passed to me by a friend.

Last edited by frenat; 4th June 2013 at 06:43 PM.
frenat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 09:20 PM   #35
threadworm
Muse

Originally Posted by frenat View Post
Not a stundie but still funny (and sad) so had to be shared.

Gort apparently thinks that rebuttals are trolling while his constant insults and spamming are not. I'm curious what dictionary he uses.

Here's the funniest part
It seems I have a stalker

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=2645
Again it is in the rant room.

It is hilarious that he thinks anyone is frightened by his nonsense. I watch it simply to laugh at his (and others) completely wrong understanding of the universe around them. Can you imagine how much time he spends just trying to keep tabs on everyone else?

The irony is that I haven't been to that site in months. I asked to have my account deactivated and so I can't even see the rant room. I just get the occasional post passed to me by a friend.
They guy's a complete moron - I think he composes his posts in his underwear on a soapbox in front of the mirror, deafened by the roar of his adoring imaginary audience. There just isn't enough tinfoil for his hat.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2013, 10:44 PM   #36
Bishop
Critical Thinker

Accusations of being a shill/troll/disinfo agent are very common on the Icke forums, and the irony is that most of the time it's not a skeptic who's on the receiving end, but simply someone who believes in a different brand of woo. There's too much conflicting woo there!
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2013, 12:28 AM   #37
ApolloGnomon
Aluminum Tripod

Originally Posted by frenat View Post
If you really want to have your account closed, just post facts in one of zeph's echo chamber threads and get banned like the rest of us.
ApolloGnomon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2013, 12:29 AM   #38
jargon buster
Banned

Quote:
newtons research proves that if something hits another thing they both bounce back in equal force
Perfect stundie.
So when I bounce a football 6 feet into the air the earth also shifts 6 feet in the opposite direction

Well I never, the earth must only stay in orbit due to people bouncing footballs on opposite sides of the planet at the same time.
jargon buster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2013, 12:30 AM   #39
jargon buster
Banned

Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
If you really want to have your account closed, just post facts in one of zeph's echo chamber threads and get banned like the rest of us.
Or start asking for proof in the FMOTL section.
Old 5th June 2013, 04:38 AM   #40
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by jargon buster View Post
Perfect stundie.
So when I bounce a football 6 feet into the air the earth also shifts 6 feet in the opposite direction

Well I never, the earth must only stay in orbit due to people bouncing footballs on opposite sides of the planet at the same time.
If it wasn't for misunderstanding physical laws they'd have no understanding at all.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories