ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags AE 9/11 , richard gage

Old 11th December 2013, 10:32 AM   #1
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The real cost of "truth:

Sorry to say folk but, AE truth lost $1,857 trying to get the word of "truth" out.

There is no free lunch here folks. If you want the "truth" you need to pay.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2013, 10:42 AM   #2
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I will email a copy of the complete file to anyone that wants it (PM me your email address).

Along with asking me for it, I would also like to ask you to ask AE to put this public file on his site. This is public information and I think he needs to inform his followers as to where their money is really going. He's all about truth and openness, right?

I've made this request to him and his staff (privately)many times. Maybe now is the time others also do so.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 11th December 2013 at 10:44 AM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2013, 11:48 AM   #3
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

wow, over a million and a half in dollars from gullible over a several years

What is the price of gullibility? 2012 the price was 549,000 dollars. Billions short of the hundreds of billions we put in the lotto with a return of -50 percent on the dollar. Lotto pays better than Gage. Gage is 100 percent loss, the lotto is less than 100 percent loss, if we average out the winners across those like me... what do you call us?

Gage is has not peaked. Now he has to spend the money.

He is nearing the target zone for the IRS to investigate.

Will Gage open a church of woo? Will it be as big as Scientology? Baptisms of thermite, holy BS days of passover... What will the religion of Gage be?

What will Gage name his religion? LiarsRUs

Last edited by beachnut; 11th December 2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: s
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2013, 12:04 PM   #4
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post

Will Gage open a church of woo?
He already has (look at the NP classification).

He's got a long ways to go before the IRS gives him any crap. Patrick McDermott is no fool.

Wait till next year when you see how they manipulated the "building what" liability.

Old 11th December 2013, 02:24 PM   #5
alienentity
Illuminator

Will Gage open a church of woo? Will it be as big as Scientology? Baptisms of thermite, holy BS days of passover... What will the religion of Gage be?

What will Gage name his religion? LiarsRUs
More likely a '9/11 Truth' museum. Conveniently located near some highway.
Maybe the restaurant will serve a BLT with extra hot Thermite Chipotle sauce; Truth pancakes with berries and pyroclastic whipped cream... who knows?
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2013, 05:29 PM   #6
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Easy-peasy to get back in the black. Gage just has to cut his pay by only $2000

Its the same recommendation I would make to General Motors or any other company. Profits slip, cut pay of the top exec to reduce costs. For a non-profit that's even easier said since they have no share price to protect.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 11th December 2013 at 05:31 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2013, 07:26 PM   #7
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

AE911 made a loss... straight into Gage's pocket... what a surprise..
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2013, 04:01 AM   #8
Africanus
Thinker

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
AE911 made a loss... straight into Gage's pocket... what a surprise..
This is at least clear evidence that AE911T is a non-profit organisation.
Africanus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2013, 04:51 AM   #9
njslim
Graduate Poster

"A fool and his money are soon separated...."
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2013, 07:58 AM   #10
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

What "truthers" should be looking at is how effective he is at getting signers of the coveted petition. After all, this is the purpose of the organisation.

They spent $555,000 to get a total of 2200 supporters. That works out to around $250 each. Out of that only 152 were what they qualified as "AEs".

I'm no expert but, if a promoter came up to me and said he could promote my cause and get me supporters at $250 a head, I'd be speechless. I doubt you could find a less cost effective group.

Old 12th December 2013, 02:09 PM   #11
Richard the G
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
What "truthers" should be looking at is how effective he is at getting signers of the coveted petition. After all, this is the purpose of the organisation.

They spent $555,000 to get a total of 2200 supporters. That works out to around $250 each. Out of that only 152 were what they qualified as "AEs".

I'm no expert but, if a promoter came up to me and said he could promote my cause and get me supporters at $250 a head, I'd be speechless. I doubt you could find a less cost effective group.
Yes but he only got about 500 last year, so that's over $1,000 per head.

There are many engineers in India who would sign up for a fraction of that. Qualified train engineers, heating engineers are landscape architects are all allowed.
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2013, 10:15 AM   #12
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Richard the G View Post
Yes but he only got about 500 last year, so that's over $1,000 per head.

There are many engineers in India who would sign up for a fraction of that. Qualified train engineers, heating engineers are landscape architects are all allowed.
Some floor coating application engineers?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2013, 05:36 PM   #13
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by DGM View Post

Considering the organisation is Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, we should be making the comparison solely on the new A&Es:

$3,650 per new "expert"'s signature.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2013, 05:38 PM   #14
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Here are the "Contributors" donations listed on the form:

Contributors:

Alexandria Patty: 39,700
Patricia McSweeny: 10,000
Grizwald Draz: 25,000
Vanguard Charitable Trust: 15,000
Vanguard Charitable Endowment: 15,000
Oleg Kis: 20,000
Jeffrey Barden: 10,000
No Lies Foundation: 9,500
Thomas Spellman: 7,233

(TOTAL $151,433 – 28% of total public support)
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2013, 06:02 PM   #15
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post

Contributors:

(TOTAL $151,433 28% of total public support)
Hmmmm? I wonder if the Vanguard amounts are the left pocket giving to the right pocket. Wasn't 30K the number that there was talk of transferring for that advertising campaign (was it the advertising campaign?)?

Vanguard is a directed trust. You stash your money away and then direct Vanguard as to where to distribute it, so that's not a foundation grant, it's an individual. I'm pretty sure both of the Vanguard entities are the same model or close to it.

No Lies Foundation is the sponsor of No Lies Radio where Dick has ads all over the place. He promotes them, they promote him AND give him money. Can anyone find the legal papers for the No Lies Foundation? I can't.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2013, 06:43 PM   #16
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Contributors:

(TOTAL $151,433 28% of total public support)
That is actually Griswold Draz, Wellfleet, MA.He has made at least one appearance with Gage. He's a Ron Paul supporter also.

Alexandria Patty appears to live in Eastsound, WA and is self-employed. Donated to Darcy Burner also, it seems.
Old 13th December 2013, 07:25 PM   #17
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
That is actually Griswold Draz, Wellfleet, MA.He has made at least one appearance with Gage. He's a Ron Paul supporter also.
Yep.

"Among the Bostonians who joined us were Griswald Draz and Mike Figa. Draz is a longtime AE911Truth supporter, and without his support, this film [EE - ESO] would not have been made."

http://www2.ae911truth.org/events/es...p?citycode=ALL
Old 14th December 2013, 02:16 AM   #18
Muc
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by njslim View Post

"A fool and his money are soon separated...."

Actually, from 2007 till 2012, it was almost exactly 2 million that were spent with hardly any effect other than succesfully keeping Gage and a few other people employed.

Of course that's still peanuts compared to what the leading conspiracy franchises rake in. Icke, for example, reportedly makes that amount in just one year, and he should still be well behind Alex Jones when it comes to gross income. In comparision, Gage is just a small fish trying hard to swim with the big ones.
Muc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2013, 02:23 AM   #19
Muc
Critical Thinker

Here are the "Contributors" donations listed on the form ...

(TOTAL $151,433 – 28% of total public support)

2011 this position was a total of $44,000. Since the moderate rise in "program service revenues" was probably due to their tour of 58 "world premieres" of Explosive Evidence, this suggests that the overall amount of financial supporters must have declined considerably last year, which kind of explains the efforts behind ReThink911. Most of the large donations don't come in regularly, and there are only so and so many well-to-do and elderly truthers spending parts of their savings on Gage.

Anyway, wherever all the dumb money flowing in for the ReThink911 ads is coming from, 2013 should still become a record year, thanks to the new continuous advertising scheme. Let's see how long they can keep this going.

Last edited by Muc; 14th December 2013 at 02:25 AM.
Muc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2013, 02:26 AM   #20
Muc
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Alexandria Patty appears to live in Eastsound, WA and is self-employed. Donated to Darcy Burner also, it seems.

Alexandria Patty is either identical with or closely related to Rena Patty, an organic farmer and "non-violent communication" coach from WA (they share a PO Box). Patty went on a cross-country bike tour for 9/11 Truth last year with Pamela Senzee, who recently shot up the AE911 ranks and now is one of several people calling themselves coordinators of the ReThink911 campaign.
Old 14th December 2013, 02:34 AM   #21
Muc
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
No Lies Foundation is the sponsor of No Lies Radio where Dick has ads all over the place. He promotes them, they promote him AND give him money. Can anyone find the legal papers for the No Lies Foundation? I can't.

I also couldn't find any of their forms on the usual websites. The organisation was founded in 2010, which means that by now there should be three of them available, which, I guess, can only be obtained by direct request.

Interestingly, besides basically running AE911's own party line podcast "Free Fall", they also claim on their website to receive "broadcast support" from AE911. Looks like they don't really need it (except, of course, that "support" refers to AE911 providing almost all guests for said podcast).
Old 14th December 2013, 02:40 AM   #22
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by Muc View Post
2011 this position was a total of $44,000. Since the moderate rise in "program service revenues" was probably due to their tour of 58 "world premieres" of Explosive Evidence, this suggests that the overall amount of financial supporters must have declined considerably last year, which kind of explains the efforts behind ReThink911. Most of the large donations don't come in regularly, and there are only so and so many well-to-do and elderly truthers spending parts of their savings on Gage.
I don't see that 44K on their 2011 Form 990 at Guidestar. Do you have a longer version?

If that 44K is correct for major donors, given that the total donations for 2011 was $288,893, that makes the major donors 15% of donations in 2011.

(2012 major donors being 28% of total public support)

That's a major downturn in the percentage of general donors and/or the amount general donors are donating.
Old 14th December 2013, 02:50 AM   #23
Muc
Critical Thinker

I don't see that 44K on their 2011 Form 990 at Guidestar. Do you have a longer version?
Yes, there is also another version with some additional information. I might upload it somewhere when I find the time.
Old 14th December 2013, 06:29 AM   #24
Richard the G
Critical Thinker

I think a lot of people would be surprised that the cost of truth is $550,000 a year! And that's just what goes on the books. When Richard gets his air fares and accommodation charges picked up directly its all of the books.

And for that they produce some nice posters.
Richard the G is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2013, 06:15 AM   #25
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I think a lot of people would be surprised that the cost of truth is $550,000 a year! And that's just what goes on the books. When Richard gets his air fares and accommodation charges picked up directly its all of the books.

And for that they produce some nice posters.

This would be a good place to link my old thread asking Truthers to identify what is it that Richard Gage has contributed to 9/11 Truth that could be worth the money he pulls in.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=219881

They of course were unable to actually identify any contribution other than his cheer leading.
Old 18th December 2013, 10:59 AM   #26
alienentity
Illuminator

It's a shame that AE911Truth, with this large flow of money, cannot lend a few grand to Marc Basile for his proposed new study of the red/gray chips.

Get Kevin Ryan to put together a few samples, send 'em off to an independent lab for the kind of testing done by Dr Jim Millette. Publish the results.

That would be easy to do, yet they can't seem to get it done.....
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2013, 11:15 AM   #27
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
It's a shame that AE911Truth, with this large flow of money, cannot lend a few grand to Marc Basile for his proposed new study of the red/gray chips.

Get Kevin Ryan to put together a few samples, send 'em off to an independent lab for the kind of testing done by Dr Jim Millette. Publish the results.

That would be easy to do, yet they can't seem to get it done.....

Look, they can do science, or they can do advertising! They can't do both! You've got to have your priorities straight!
Old 18th December 2013, 11:24 AM   #28
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I've suggested for years that they do various studies, a fire Sim for WTC7, an fea for any or all of WTC 1, 2, or 7, even a study of the motion of controlled demolitions.
All to no avail. Instead, if a high school physics teacher declares that free fall must mean controlled demolition, if a carpenter makes computers diagrams of fire spreading through WTC7, well then that must be true and good research. If one measures the energy o/p of an ignited dust particle and a few of them equal that of thermite, well then it does not matter that they were ignited in an oixygen environment, by gum they are thermite.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2013, 11:55 AM   #29
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Look, they can do science, or they can do advertising! They can't do both! You've got to have your priorities straight!
But they call themselves Engineers and Architects, not marketers! Somebody goofed somewhere...
Old 19th December 2013, 12:18 AM   #30
Orphia Nay
Tagger

AE911T are so stupid they think they have enough evidence already when in actual fact they have zero evidence.

Now, that's stupid.
Old 19th December 2013, 12:22 AM   #31
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Hahaha, look what comes up when you type "Richard Gage is" into Google!

Old 19th December 2013, 12:28 AM   #32
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

911 truth, 911 irony, 911 wishes, etc

richard gage is a dolt, is missing

Last edited by beachnut; 19th December 2013 at 12:31 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2013, 03:32 PM   #33
Richard the G
Critical Thinker

listen they pull in over $10,000 a week, so they must be doing something right.

How could Gage ever return to the life of project architect, when this makes him such fame and fortune!
Old 20th December 2013, 04:48 PM   #34
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

listen they pull in over $10,000 a week, so they must be doing something right.

How could Gage ever return to the life of project architect, when this makes him such fame and fortune!
Gage is spreading lies. He has to know it, if not, he is insane.

If you were pulling in 500k/yr, would you stop spreading lies? You can travel the world, spreading the word, and then get more money. I find it ironic he only pays himself near the 25 percent bracket. Are there reasons to pay yourself more?
Do you have to pay social security taxes as a non-profit head? Then you would want to pay yourself 117,000 per year to max out your SS.

Who is the expert on non-profit salaries and why you go for short term gains, instead of maxing out your SS. Wait, is he drawing SS? Is he making two mistakes?

I find it hard to believe people are falling for Gage's lies, if Gage is not a dolt, then the people who follow him are (on 911 issues).
Old 20th December 2013, 05:07 PM   #35
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

$150,000.00 in salary. That's a nice salary. How much did Martin Luther King, Jr. make?

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2013, 05:19 PM   #36
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
$150,000.00 in salary. That's a nice salary. How much did Martin Luther King, Jr. make?
I think Gage pays himself about 78,000 dollars, and the rest of the 150k is split between benefits and paying other people to do stuff.

I was wondering if you would be better off paying the max for SS benefits, etc. I think Gage takes a low salary to avoid paying 10 percent more in taxes, thus you can use the 10 percent plus principle to travel more, pay for hotels, food, and neat computers, and Nikon pro cameras for 5,000 dollars, etc; - 1,000 dollar chairs, desks, and other office stuff - color printer, scanners, soft crushed ice machines, etc...

A dream job, money coming in from the gullible, fools who have no clues on 911.
Old 21st December 2013, 02:23 AM   #37
Muc
Critical Thinker

I think Gage pays himself about 78,000 dollars, and the rest of the 150k is split between benefits and paying other people to do stuff.
And that would be just the money (including taxes and benefits) for the AE911 employees. Add to this the "volunteer stipends" and the compensation for external services (the majority of which I bet also stays in the family) and you get ca. $260,000 for 2012.

Then there's the additional benefits. According to an ex-member, Gage also gets his rent, his car and his phone paid by AE911. This means we should take "Occupancy" into consideration, which is a hefty $30,000 - and this is certainly not for the UPS drop they claim is their headquarters, so I guess it goes into "home offices". Gage's car should be included in "travel" ($39,000) and his phone (and maybe also others) in $14,000 of "office expenses". For new IT hardware there is an "information technology" pool ($28,000 in 2012). Etcetera, etcetera.
Old 21st December 2013, 04:05 AM   #38
Richard the G
Critical Thinker

So assuming that 90% of the 150k salary+other benefits goes to Richard and his 401k plus plus, what does the other 400k of expenses go on. His office, car, travel, holidays, house/office refurb. etc

I suppose he has to buy T-shirts, posters and CD 's to sell. and to hire the occasional church hall.. but he has nothing else to spend money on.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories