ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , koran

Old 22nd October 2017, 08:54 PM   #241
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
"Only"? I suggest not.
Just feel, practically.
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:23 PM   #242
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Just feel, practically.
Feel means nothing in medical/academic papers. You just refuse to learn how it must be done if you want to have the slightest chance of being accepted, much less published/having your assumed work
accepted/published

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 05:39 AM   #243
Peregrinus
Muse

Broadly, It can be anything from basic to gross/current level. Prime/basic, intermediate and gross/current.
So, then - all bets are off.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:57 PM   #244
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

And, speaking of currently gross.........................

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 03:14 PM   #245
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Kumar
Different levels can only be a reason to aurguments/fight.

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I shall here forbear to make the obvious and correct comments appropriate to the given statement.
What is an aurgument??????????? I cannot find any definition on line - even in the dictionaries. In all fairness were you thinking of an auger?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/auger

Wash this space!

Old 24th October 2017, 04:31 PM   #246
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

My question is why should we care what Quran really says? Why not the Bhagavad Gita, the Kojiki, the Zend Avesta, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Agamas, the Kitáb-i-Aqdas or the Satanic Bible?

Seriously. Why not the Lord of the Rings? One nonsense book after another. At least the Lord of the Rings was entertaining.
Old 25th October 2017, 01:53 AM   #247
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
My question is why should we care what Quran really says? Why not the Bhagavad Gita, the Kojiki, the Zend Avesta, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Agamas, the Kitáb-i-Aqdas or the Satanic Bible?

Seriously. Why not the Lord of the Rings? One nonsense book after another. At least the Lord of the Rings was entertaining.
If everyone was of that opinion there would be no difficulty. Baron Munchausen creates no problems for society; but his book would soon do so, if hundreds of millions of its readers persuaded themselves that it is the unerring word of God.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 07:06 AM   #248
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
If everyone was of that opinion there would be no difficulty. Baron Munchausen creates no problems for society; but his book would soon do so, if hundreds of millions of its readers persuaded themselves that it is the unerring word of God.
I've come to the conclusion that people are morons. That man is barely smarter than chimpanzees. Time and time again, I see people gravitate to the convenient answer from someone ignorant as opposed to any idea that is view altering from the highly educated.
Old 25th October 2017, 07:37 AM   #249
Argumemnon
World Maker

Answer to my question should be just ABC of anything or of any Philosophy or of any science. Refer, one story given be me in other topic. We need to check what shall we be getting by our choice. Just walking, an old car, an intermediate car or a latest car. Everyone will have its own merits and demerits.
I'm sure this is a puzzle of some sort. Let me try something.

Quote:
question just getting of anything or of any will have any science. Refer, one story check what shall we in other topic. We need to Answer to my be ABC by our choice. Just walking, an old Philosophy or of car, an intermediate car or a latest car. Everyone should be its own merits and given be me demerits.
...Damn. That sounds just as rational.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 01:30 AM   #250
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post

Yes, it is not rational but mine is not so irrational.

Why can't behavior of followers can be attuned in accordance to theological suggestions? Truthful= truthful, Rational=rational, Irrational = irrational
Old 27th October 2017, 04:40 AM   #251
Peregrinus
Muse

Yes, it is not rational but mine is not so irrational.

Why can't behavior of followers can be attuned in accordance to theological suggestions? Truthful= truthful, Rational=rational, Irrational = irrational
You begin suggesting there might be degrees of irrationality, then try to claim irrational=irrational, a 1:1 correspondence. Of course, this would lend some tenuous credence to your obsession with A&F which has innumerable times in innumerable threads by innumerable posters been shown as a fantasy.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 09:04 PM   #252
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

You begin suggesting there might be degrees of irrationality, then try to claim irrational=irrational, a 1:1 correspondence. Of course, this would lend some tenuous credence to your obsession with A&F which has innumerable times in innumerable threads by innumerable posters been shown as a fantasy.
That was just cause and effect related not salvation/liberation of soul(A&F) related. A question pls;

What is the nature of nature and what is the nature of society/Civility? Is just violence vs peace?
Old 27th October 2017, 09:05 PM   #253
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post

A question pls;

What is the nature of Nature and what is the nature of Society/Civility? Is just violence vs peace?
Old 27th October 2017, 11:57 PM   #254
Peregrinus
Muse

That was just cause and effect related not salvation/liberation of soul(A&F) related.
Suddenly, as from nowhere, just like your other blatherings, we have salvation and soul possibly linked with A&F. And there's not a shred of evidence for any of it.

Quote:
A question pls;

What is the nature of nature and what is the nature of society/Civility? Is just violence vs peace?
Nature is the nature of nature. Deal with it. Society, civility, violence & peace are all human abstractions with not firm referent in reality.
Old 28th October 2017, 12:05 AM   #255
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Suddenly, as from nowhere, just like your other blatherings, we have salvation and soul possibly linked with A&F. And there's not a shred of evidence for any of it.

Nature is the nature of nature. Deal with it. Society, civility, violence & peace are all human abstractions with not firm referent in reality.
Then, why can't we think that few religions are derived nature's rules, so based on nature whereas others derived Society, Civility, Peace etc. rules so based on these? Both can hold their validity even though they support violence, cruelty and other odds of nature provided nature support it?
Old 28th October 2017, 08:27 AM   #256
Peregrinus
Muse

Then, why can't we think that few religions are derived nature's rules, so based on nature whereas others derived Society, Civility, Peace etc. rules so based on these? Both can hold their validity even though they support violence, cruelty and other odds of nature provided nature support it?
Name a religion based on "nature's rules." Just one. Name a religion based on civility. Just one. A religion "derived" from peace yet supports violence? Gonna get lots of Trump supporters but not much else. Whatinthehell does "hold their validity even though they support violence, cruelty and other odds of nature" mean? If anything? And just which "both" are your incoherent statements referring to? Is there some Rosetta Stone that can aid in deciphering your gobbledygook?
Old 28th October 2017, 08:53 PM   #257
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Name a religion based on "nature's rules." Just one. Name a religion based on civility. Just one. A religion "derived" from peace yet supports violence? Gonna get lots of Trump supporters but not much else. Whatinthehell does "hold their validity even though they support violence, cruelty and other odds of nature" mean? If anything? And just which "both" are your incoherent statements referring to? Is there some Rosetta Stone that can aid in deciphering your gobbledygook?
I feel, you should have been able to easily understood it by my these discussions and discussions in other topic. First we need to justify, whether anything can happen beyond the nature. If no then whatever happen, done or preferred is a part of nature. So "all nature/natural" will be the absolute fact. Whether any being can do independent of nature is a big thought. Difference among different things should only depend on its level of its basis--whether prime/basic or gross, whether basic natural or gross natural(or social/civil). Both way, it still can hold validity. Moreover nature is not just one sided approach. It can support both creation and destruction for its balance.
Old 30th October 2017, 02:38 AM   #258
JJM 777
Illuminator

Rules of nature: Kill or get killed. Eat or be eaten. Attack is the best defense.

Rules of society and religion: Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not eat human flesh. Thou shalt not attack others.
JJM 777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 02:46 AM   #259
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JJM 777 View Post
Rules of nature: Kill or get killed. Eat or be eaten. Attack is the best defense.
Parents-children & companions relations don't do it. Nature should not be just one sided i.e toward destruction, otherwise we would have not existed.

Quote:
Rules of society and religion: Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not eat human flesh. Thou shalt not attack others.
It is also not one way. Otherwise there would have been no need of police, army, weapons etc.

Whatever, main sense is, since nature and society(gross nature) can be both sided, anything on any side, can still justify in nature or in society.
Old 30th October 2017, 07:49 AM   #260
Peregrinus
Muse

...since nature and society(gross nature) can be both sided, anything on any side, can still justify in nature or in society.
So, then! Once again, all bets are off.
Old 30th October 2017, 01:40 PM   #261
sackett
Philosopher

You're paraphrasing good old Dr. Moreau!

Originally Posted by JJM 777 View Post

What is the law?

"Not to go on all fours! Are we not men?"

What is the law?

"Not to go naked! Are we not men?"

WHAT IS THE LAW?

"Not to eat meat! Are we not men?"

u.s.w. A&F. TTTT. OMFG.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 09:07 PM   #262
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, probably nothing is odd.
Old 31st October 2017, 06:42 AM   #263
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by Peregrinus:

Kumar's reply:

There are three possibilities here (at least):
You're trolling.
You're playing both sides.
You have no ability to recognize irony.

Possibly all three.
Old 31st October 2017, 09:16 PM   #264
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peregrinus:

Kumar's reply:

There are three possibilities here (at least):
You're trolling.
You're playing both sides.
You have no ability to recognize irony.