ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th January 2014, 06:19 AM   #1
Humes fork
Banned

"Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace!" by Jaclyn Glenn

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Contains a drawing of Muhammad, sensitive people should not watch...
Humes fork is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 06:23 AM   #2
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Humes fork View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Why not? Or is this you being funny again?
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Manopolus
Metaphorical Anomaly

Shhh... don't go around telling the Muslims that. Some of them don't know it yet, and if they believe you the nicer ones might start killing people.

Last edited by Manopolus; 19th January 2014 at 02:25 PM.
Manopolus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 02:26 PM   #4
ehcks
Illuminator

I think you might just be a little bit obsessed.

Also, she sounds crazy.
Old 19th January 2014, 02:28 PM   #5
Robrob
Philosopher

So yet another obsessive post about the scary Muslims?
Old 19th January 2014, 02:31 PM   #6
ehcks
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Robrob View Post
So yet another obsessive post about the scary Muslims?
Well, the video seemed to be a disconnected rant from a crazy person, not exactly something that agrees with the title.

Though I couldn't watch much. The voice, the tone, the unrelated subjects... all off-putting.
Old 19th January 2014, 02:35 PM   #7
Belz...
Fiend God

Neither is Christianity.

"When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived." - Starship Troopers
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 04:08 PM   #8
mikeb768
Muse

I AGREE

Sincere Advice for Jaclyn Glenn & others.
mikeb768 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 04:11 PM   #9
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Even the dog in the background of the video has to yawn.
Old 19th January 2014, 04:27 PM   #10
angrysoba
Philosophile

Islamopanic!
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 05:08 PM   #11
Loss Leader
Opinionated Jerk

She actually got to 2:58 before she said something disagreeable about Islam. Until she started reading the internet comments, her point was a decent one. Saudi Arabia should be more tolerant. Her mistake is equating Saudi Arabia with Islam (and also reading YouTube comments and also wearing that top).

What is my Gladiator Profile?
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 05:20 PM   #12
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
She actually got to 2:58 before she said something disagreeable about Islam. Until she started reading the internet comments, her point was a decent one. Saudi Arabia should be more tolerant. Her mistake is equating Saudi Arabia with Islam (and also reading YouTube comments and also wearing that top).
I haven't actually watched the video yet, but this comment made me press the "I Agree" on the OP.

She's a bit of a cutie. Does her top fall down?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 05:28 PM   #13
joesixpack
Illuminator

Haven't you started this thread like 20 times already? Rather than starting a new one every couple of days, why don't you just stick with the 20 others you've got going already?
Old 19th January 2014, 05:32 PM   #14
Craig4
Philosopher

It's funny, I'm not a huge fan of Islam (or any other religion) but I do get to predominantly Muslim countries and interact with lots of Muslims. Other than countries which were active theaters of war, I've never be threatened, harassed, abused or even mildly chastised (other than a disagreement about change with a Turkish taxi driver). If Muslims were all that non peaceful, I'm pretty sure I would not be here right now. I'm not saying there's not some reforming to be done but there is also not a knife in every hand waiting to slit your throat.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Craig4
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Oh yeah, the people who run that country are animals. But you're right Saudi Arabia is not Islam.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 05:38 PM   #16
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It's funny, I'm not a huge fan of Islam (or any other religion) but I do get to predominantly Muslim countries and interact with lots of Muslims. Other than countries which were active theaters of war, I've never be threatened, harassed, abused or even mildly chastised (other than a disagreement about change with a Turkish taxi driver). If Muslims were all that non peaceful, I'm pretty sure I would not be here right now. I'm not saying there's not some reforming to be done but there is also not a knife in every hand waiting to slit your throat.
If you have met real life Muslims and are friends or even acquaintances with them then it is more and more difficult to be in the 24/7 grip of sheer bottom-bursting terror of the foam-flecked bearded medievalists under the bed.

That level of paranoia gets tiring and tiresome after a while.

Old 19th January 2014, 05:42 PM   #17
banquetbear
Muse

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
She's a bit of a cutie. Does her top fall down?
...you do realize that with this comment alone you've made all the people who read the OP, rolled theirs eyes and ignored the video have gone back and clicked it to watch and find out?
banquetbear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2014, 05:47 PM   #18
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by banquetbear View Post
...you do realize that with this comment alone you've made all the people who read the OP, rolled theirs eyes and ignored the video have gone back and clicked it to watch and find out?
I hope so; it will mean that someone finds my comments worth reading.

Old 21st January 2014, 01:52 AM   #19
Jigsaw_Psyche
Thinker

No information presented from Islamic texts. Just ranting about this Muslim and that one.

She does reference the Muhammad/Aisha situation, which is recorded in the ahadith (not that she would know what they are, of course), but whether that is actually true or not has no bearing on whether or not Islam is a religion of peace.

Pretty lame. She may as well just have titled it "Muslim countries and people suck!" because that's all she gets across to me as I was watching.
Jigsaw_Psyche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2014, 07:13 AM   #20
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

I AGREE

Islam is just as peaceful as any other religion.
On 10 JUN 2014, 'Gaeten’ claimed that it was Satan who provided the Ten Commandments to Moses. “This is not God who gave the Moses law to Moses but Satan, and the reason why he did that is because he wants people to go to hell.”
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.p...6#post10065066

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2014, 08:24 AM   #21
Hux
Graduate Poster

Islam comes in many flavours. They dont seem to like each other very much.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy