ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags airplane incidents , government conspiracies , Malaysia incidents

Old 10th March 2014, 02:56 AM   #121
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
So you find it surprising that details of some events are unknown ?

Wow, shocking.
No, not surprising. What media calls mysteries I suspect are deliberately staged details, such as the sudden disappearance plus radar tracking of the plane turning back. This makes them able to claim that the reason for why no wreckage has been found yet is because the search area is so large and the probable disintegration of the plane in mid air.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:22 AM   #122
Bishop
Critical Thinker

You guys are such easy trollbait. You all acknowledge that he's a troll, and yet you all continue to reply.
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 07:03 AM   #123
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
You guys are such easy trollbait. You all acknowledge that he's a troll, and yet you all continue to reply.
I rarely post in an Anders thread. Only clicked on this one because I assunmed it was going to relate how the DiFbats and Clueless were responding. I had failed to glance at the thread author.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 07:54 AM   #124
Border Reiver
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
No, not surprising. What media calls mysteries I suspect are deliberately staged details, such as the sudden disappearance plus radar tracking of the plane turning back. This makes them able to claim that the reason for why no wreckage has been found yet is because the search area is so large and the probable disintegration of the plane in mid air.
The media in many forms calls most things "mysteries" that they do not have a fairly complete set of fact for. Rather than lose a "scoop" and generally being in need of content to fill the 24 hour news cycle media outlets tend to go with much less information than might have been the case in the past. Not having someone in every location, due to the costs of dediciated personnel, etc. mean that you get incomplete or second/third hand information and have to run with it because you don't have anything better.

I would be more suspicious if an outlet had a full set of facts right from the outset.
Old 10th March 2014, 08:16 AM   #125
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I don't care
Oh, you will care when Anders make the connection between where you live and where the tickets on the stolen passports were bought.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 08:16 AM   #126
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
The media in many forms calls most things "mysteries" that they do not have a fairly complete set of fact for. Rather than lose a "scoop" and generally being in need of content to fill the 24 hour news cycle media outlets tend to go with much less information than might have been the case in the past. Not having someone in every location, due to the costs of dediciated personnel, etc. mean that you get incomplete or second/third hand information and have to run with it because you don't have anything better.

I would be more suspicious if an outlet had a full set of facts right from the outset.
I think the media is just reporting about this incident as usual. It's the New World Order 'cabal' who has staged it in such way. Most of the media is doing a sincere reporting about it.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 08:22 AM   #127
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Oh, you will care when Anders make the connection between where you live and where the tickets on the stolen passports were bought.

ix-nay on ere-whay the assports-pay ere-way olen-stay, m'kay?

Don't you wish someone had slapped baby Hitler really really hard? [i] Dr. Buzzo 02/13 [i]
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 08:32 AM   #128
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
ix-nay on ere-whay the assports-pay ere-way olen-stay, m'kay?

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 09:40 AM   #129
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

A central part of the New World Order agenda is allegedly the introduction of a global personal ID system. That fits well with the MH370 incident:

"(CNN) -- Among the many mysteries in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 are the identities and motivations of two men who used stolen passports to board the aircraft.

While there's no evidence yet to suggest the men had anything to do with the plane's disappearance, their presence on the flight has set off an international investigation and renewed discussion about screening of global travelers." -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/10/wo...ry-passengers/

Last edited by Anders Lindman; 10th March 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10th March 2014, 09:46 AM   #130
Praktik
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Reactor drone View Post
This popped up on my facebook this morning. Apparently the crash was to kill off the electric car.

http://beforeitsnews.com/events/2014...d-2432738.html

I like this CT for offering something concrete - its crazy how many CTs gain credibility from the unfalsifiable claims that this or that event was a "distraction" from this or that thing over here...

These guys at least had some specificity, colour me skeptical though..
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 10:42 AM   #131
Dissolution
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Praktik View Post
I like this CT for offering something concrete - its crazy how many CTs gain credibility from the unfalsifiable claims that this or that event was a "distraction" from this or that thing over here...

These guys at least had some specificity, colour me skeptical though..
I'm with you on this one, Praktik.
It's barmy, but at least they've given a reason behind the whole thing, rather than a vague conspiracy involving The Man.
They had to push their luck by claiming that it could be using cloaking technology, though!
Dissolution is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:12 AM   #132
Craig4
Philosopher

Nah, I suspect the Sweedish police are familiar with and don't look forward to the boy's visits. I imagine a lot of indulgent smiles and notes going into garbage cans when the lad leaves.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:15 AM   #133
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

"The mother of the only American adult on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, spoke out Saturday.

"I know in my heart that Philip's with God," said Sandra Wood of her son Philip Wood, an IBM employee from Texas. She said she is getting through the trauma. "Only people who know God can survive things like this."

The other Americans aboard were children: Nicole Meng, 4, and Yan Zhang, 2." -- http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...plane/6195291/

If Philip Wood is a real person I hope he is alive and will come forth saying that it was all a hoax.

Very little is said in media about the two American children said to be victims. That indicates a hoax. And also that no phony stories about the children have been prepared beforehand. If the children were real victims, then surely there would have been huge news stories about them already the first day after the incident.
Old 10th March 2014, 11:26 AM   #134
threadworm
Muse

Very little is said in media about the two American children said to be victims. That indicates a hoax. And also that no phony stories about the children have been prepared beforehand. If the children were real victims, then surely there would have been huge news stories about them already the first day after the incident.
So the fact that nothing has been said about them shows it was a hoax, and if something had been said about them that would have shown it was a hoax.

You're a fake - everything you post proves that. When you don't post, that proves it as well.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:40 AM   #135
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
So the fact that nothing has been said about them shows it was a hoax, and if something had been said about them that would have shown it was a hoax.

You're a fake - everything you post proves that. When you don't post, that proves it as well.
No, there is a distinct difference here. If there would have been a lot of media stories about the missing American children, then those could have been fake OR those could have been real. With no such stories however, this points more directly to the possibility of a hoax.
Old 10th March 2014, 11:46 AM   #136
Craig4
Philosopher

Threadworm, Try putting him on ignore. I just did and it's fun watching him squirm for attention.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:49 AM   #137
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by TheRedWorm View Post
One wonders if; hypothetically, Anders family and friends were killed in some high profile event, he would be ok with us claiming that they never existed in the first place, and accused him of being a gov't paid crisis actor? Would he be ok with CTs calling him up and harassing him?

Would you AL?

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 12:03 PM   #138
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheRedWorm View Post
Would you AL?
If asked about it I would have direct proof. And if some people would not accept the proof, then that's up to them.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:07 PM   #139
JayUtah
Philosopher

If asked about it I would have direct proof. And if some people would not accept the proof, then that's up to them.
Up to them to continue harassing you and calling you a liar to your face and in the press? That was the question.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 12:24 PM   #140
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Up to them to continue harassing you and calling you a liar to your face and in the press? That was the question.
Sure. I would have the truth and they be wrong. Their battle would be lost from the get go.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:29 PM   #141
JayUtah
Philosopher

Sure. I would have the truth and they be wrong. Their battle would be lost from the get go.
"Battle" aside, so it would be okay for them to continue interrupting your grief with their harassment and public statements, and continue this years after the event regardless of what you do or say.

And what is this "direct proof" of which you speak? Suppose I accuse you of faking your mother's death and I demand unrestricted access to her body to conduct my own tests to confirm it really is your mother and that she really is dead. Would you be compelled to consent to that?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 12:35 PM   #142
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

"Battle" aside, so it would be okay for them to continue interrupting your grief with their harassment and public statements, and continue this years after the event regardless of what you do or say.

And what is this "direct proof" of which you speak? Suppose I accuse you of faking your mother's death and I demand unrestricted access to her body to conduct my own tests to confirm it really is your mother and that she really is dead. Would you be compelled to consent to that?
They would not be allowed to interrupt me. They would of course, if they lived in a democratic country, have freedom of speech. Think of how many people doubt that Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen! They are free to doubt that!
Old 10th March 2014, 12:45 PM   #143
JayUtah
Philosopher

They would not be allowed to interrupt me.
You'll politely ask them not to?

Quote:
They would of course, if they lived in a democratic country, have freedom of speech.
Except, of course, when such speech harms another person or infringes upon his fundamental rights. Repeated public accusations with little or no regard for the truth are not protected speech.

Quote:
Think of how many people doubt that Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen! They are free to doubt that!
But you're not the President of the United States. Not really a valid comparison to some private citizen being harassed simply because a tragic newsworthy event befell him.

You're still a bit fuzzy on what "direct proof" for your hypothetical situation consists of, and what responsibility you would bear to provide the proof that each and every one of your detractors might demand.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:51 PM   #144
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

You'll politely ask them not to?
There is a difference between questioning and accusing. If someone questioned me on for example a public blog, then they are free to do that! They are NOT allowed to send a red-faced angry mob of people to come and lynch me. That would be interruption. The blog post is not interruption.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:54 PM   #145
Degeneve
New Blood

"However the flight disappeared, the mother of Philip Wood - one of three Americans on the flight - was resigned that he was gone. "You want to know how it feels to lose a son at the age of 50? It's devastating,'' Sandra Wood said. She saw her son, an IBM executive who worked in Malaysia, a week ago." --

That seems to be a real person, but he could have been in on the hoax and be safe, still alive, hiding somewhere! It could even be a vicsim.
I suggest you call Elvis (if you have his phone number). The 239 passengers and crew members of flight MH370 are now most certainly on the same hidden and isolated island where he, Michael and Marylin are spending their days (together with the passengers of Flight UA93). Elvis will certainly confirm their presence on the island.

As a matter of fact if the aircraft has completely disappeared with no signal or message it is probably because it has been distroyed after an explosive decompression.

But this will only be confirmed once the wreckage has been found. And this will still take time.

Until then you would be better inspired to show some respect to the victims and their families. Being an idiot has never been an acceptable excuse to behave like you do.
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 12:58 PM   #146
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
... But this will only be confirmed once the wreckage has been found. And this will still take time.
And how long time will it take before the media writes stories about the American children that are said to have been passengers on the plane?
Old 10th March 2014, 01:03 PM   #147
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

And how long time will it take before the media writes stories about the American children that are said to have been passengers on the plane?
Depends on how long it is before their families and friends give them some.

Old 10th March 2014, 01:06 PM   #148
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Depends on how long it is before their families and friends give them some.
But there has been basically total silence about the children! Compare with the millions of news stories about the missing girl Madeleine. Without her parents' consent!
Old 10th March 2014, 01:07 PM   #149
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

GLP are claiming people are calling the phones of passengers and they are ringing.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2503716/pg1
Old 10th March 2014, 01:07 PM   #150
CastorTroyy
Scholar

No, there is a distinct difference here. If there would have been a lot of media stories about the missing American children, then those could have been fake OR those could have been real. With no such stories however, this points more directly to the possibility of a hoax.
Bolding mine...

How so?
CastorTroyy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 01:10 PM   #151
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

But there has been basically total silence about the children! Compare with the millions of news stories about the missing girl Madeleine. Without her parents' consent!
Is there a contest? Maybe they are just respecting the privacy of these kids families.

BTW, how did you here about them if there has been near "total silence"? I've seen a couple stories.

Strange thing, I never heard any stories about this missing girl (until now).

Last edited by DGM; 10th March 2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10th March 2014, 01:13 PM   #152
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CastorTroyy View Post
Bolding mine...

How so?
Because there should have been TONS of news stories about the missing American children by now. It's totally suspicious.
Old 10th March 2014, 01:17 PM   #153
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Is there a contest? Maybe they are just respecting the privacy of these kids families.

BTW, how did you here about them if there has been near "total silence"? I've seen a couple stories.

Strange thing, I never heard any stories about this missing girl (until now).
Yeah, right, the media people are such angels.

"Tabloids, social media

The McCanns' campaign to find Madeleine turned a harsh spotlight on their lives, one that became increasingly intrusive as familiarity bred contempt. Nicola Rehling wrote that the disappearance had all the ingredients the media could latch onto: a whodunnit involving a white, middle-class family caught up in a nightmare of evil abroad. While the News of the World offered a £1.5 million reward for Madeleine, another News International tabloid, The Sun, offered just £20,000 for information about Shannon Matthews, who had gone missing in February 2008 from a West Yorkshire council estate and whose mother had seven children by five men.[146]" -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappe...deleine_McCann
Old 10th March 2014, 01:24 PM   #154
HotRodDeluxe
Critical Thinker

The OP is sick & disgusting.
Old 10th March 2014, 01:27 PM   #155
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Yeah, right, the media people are such angels.
I never said they were. At this point the whole search and other speculation is more interesting. I have read about the kids though.

So basically, You got nothing else?

Old 10th March 2014, 01:28 PM   #156
Cain
Straussian

You know who the U.S. government hates more than Iraqis, and Russians even? Airline passengers.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 01:30 PM   #157
Hans
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
You know who the U.S. government hates more than ..........snip............Airline passengers.
Ones who put flax oil on yogurt?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 01:33 PM   #158
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

I never said they were. At this point the whole search and other speculation is more interesting. I have read about the kids though.

Even if the media people were all angels they would have written lots about the children. Where are all those mushy stories? Nowhere to be found.
Old 10th March 2014, 01:35 PM   #159
Hans
Illuminator

That comment pretty much covers 12,000 + posting by AL
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 01:54 PM   #160
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Even if the media people were all angels they would have written lots about the children. Where are all those mushy stories? Nowhere to be found.
I never claimed they were angles, why do you add these stupid comments? They're too busy with all the other stories. I have actually read a couple, they were kind of heart wrenching(does that help?).

Is this the best you have?

Last edited by DGM; 10th March 2014 at 01:56 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories