ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags siegfried verbeke , rejected , mdc , holocaust denial , challenge application

Old 1st November 2004, 07:18 AM   #1
KRAMER
Former challenge facilitator

Siegfried Verbeke, Belgian Suicidal

At first, one just doesn't know how to respond to a claim letter such as this one. I have omitted a long introduction which basically repeats several passages in the Challenge rules verbatim, and have skipped ahead to the actual claim:

==============================================
Statement of Paranormal Ability. Limits of the proposed demonstration.

Hundreds of thousands (even millions) of Jewish people are killed in the Auschwitz gas chambers by hydrogen cyanide (HCN) in the form of Zyklon B. The effect of HCN is based on the fact that it paralyzes the respiration of every individual cell in the body. Oxygen can no longer be transported from the blood through the cell walls and into the cells. As the vital cell functions are thereby starved of oxygen, the human being suffocates.

This proceeding has been depicted by thousands of eye-witnesses and by the confessions of the German perpetrators.

Among them; the testimonies of the camp commandant Rudolph Hoss, Dr. Charles Sigismund Bendel, Henryk Tauber, Michal Kula, Pery Broad, the Franke-Griksch Report...etc, etc.

All these testimonies confirm that death came in between 2 minutes and maximum 15 minutes exposure to Zyklon B.

Moreover in many trials these gassings have been proved. During the I.G.Farben trials Dr. Herbert Rauscher, Zyklon B expert of the company Degesch (which provided Zyklon B to many customers in Germany and Europe) was shown a can of Zyklon B and testified under oath. After been submitted a can of Zyklon B he was asked by the judge Telford Taylor how much Zyklon B was needed to kill the people in the gas chamber. He answered: "If you open this 500gr box of Zyklon B it will easily kill all of the people in this courtroom within 2 minutes"

The applicant is ready to be exposed to Zyklon B at least 15 minutes in the same architectural and atmospheric conditions as witnessed by perpetrators and victims. Because the gas chamber at Auschwitz I is still intact and shown to hundreds of thousands of tourists as the original gas chamber, it would be obvious to do the test there.

If this would be possible, the applicant is ready to undergo the test in a building similar to the original 1941-1944 Auschwitz gas chambers and in the same atmospheric and other conditions.

The test will be in favor of the applicant if he is still alive after 15 minutes. Moreover, the applicant will stay in the test room as long as possible and under medical assistance.

-Siegfried Verbeke

An unpublished scene from MAN IN THE GLASS BOOTH, perhaps?

I don't know if this is a bona-fide Holocaust Denier or just some garden-variety luncatic, but ya know...I just don't even care.
I have no plans to ponder this claim for even a millisecond longer than is required.

This claim has been summarily rejected because testing would result in certain death for the applicant.

Anyone wanna debate that assessment? Be my guest.
Old 16th November 2004, 01:10 PM   #2
KRAMER

Applicant ready for debate:

I wrote back to this applicant reminding him that the Application clearly states that JREF will decline to test claims that are likely to cause injury to the applicant or test participants.

Well, only one person is willing (and anxious, apparently) to debate the results of this test; the applicant himself.

Surprised?

This just came in via snailmail.

===========================================

Dear Mr. Kramer,
I don't find such restriction in the Application for Status of Claimant. I would like to know the specific article in this application on which you based your rejection.
Yours, S. Verbeke

===========================================

I wrote back as follows:

Sir,
At the very bottom of the Application it clearly states the following, and I quote:

IMPORTANT: ...JREF will also NOT test claims that are likely to cause injury of any sort, such as those involving the withholding of air, food or water, or the use of illicit materials, drugs, or dangerous devices.

Zyklon B gas clearly falls under the category of "dangerous materials".

Although your answer to the following question has absolutely no bearing on whether or not we accept a claim, I am compelled by my curiosity to ask you, sir...

Do you deny that Zyklon B gas was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths at the camps where it has been conclusively proven to have been used by the Nazis to exterminate the Jews, along with other ethnic groups, the mentally retarded, etc...??

Just curious.

-Kramer, JREF
Old 20th November 2004, 10:50 AM   #3
KRAMER

Oh My God...

Well, a google search of this applicant has turned up plenty to turn my stomach.
=========================================
http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/Dissenters/verbeke.htm

http://www.revisionists.com/revisionists/verbeke.html

http://www.zundelsite.org/english/zg...01/010111.html

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/98/07/ar...eke200798.html

http://www.tau.ac.il/Anti-Semitism/asw97-8/holland.html
==========================================
Do a google search on your own, if you need to puke up any undigested matter remaining in your stomanchs from last night's
fiesta.

I would pay a million dollars to personally witness this claim being tested. For sure.
Old 23rd November 2004, 12:32 PM   #4
KRAMER

FYI...

By the way, I've yet to receive any response from this applicant to my last email.
Old 5th January 2005, 10:15 AM   #5
KRAMER

IN JAIL, AGAIN?

This piece of human refuse makes me mad enough to go home and bite my pillow.

I just received his reply to my last letter:

=============================================

Dear Mr. Kramer,

This is unbelievable, magic and maybe Mr. Randi's best juggling trick.

We (my friends and I) are discussing and downloading the claim during the whole year 2004, and there was never any mention of any "important clause", as mentioned in your mail.

I would like to know, when and why you installed this clause. Remember, Mr. Nixon, NO CHEATING!

Moreover, this restriction doesn't concern me, but will be an issue for lawyers.

I read that you are "just curious" about some questions. I am a busy man. Please look first at www.vho.org. If you have, after reading, still some questions, I cannot help you, because I am afraid in that case that you must be a religious man, instead of a skeptic one.

You ask me if I deny that Zyklon B gas was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths (etc). Of course in this moment I DO BELIEVE in this tale,, becvause in our country it is legally not allowed to doubt it. I was just in jail for 2 weeks (the reason why I could not answer your mail earlier) because the GErman Gestapo Government wanted my extradition (in Germany disbelievers get 5 years, and in Belgium I got "only" one year in jail for disbeliving the holocaust).

Why your kind of people need laws and jails? Lack of good arguments?

Just Curious, Siegfried Verbeke

My final reply...

Dear Mr. Verbeke,

Your misguided attempt to exploit the JREF's Paranormal Challenge in your sleazy efforts to promote your twisted agenda have failed. Your claim is NOT a paranormal one. If you (or any of your "friends") could read, you would have understood this when you read the Challenge rules.

Your lawyers do NOT scare us, and neither do you.

We will NOT respond to any further communication from you, but we will happily forward everything you have written (Belgian and German postmarks intact) to the proper authorities in Europe, should you chose to write again.

Your file is closed. Your "claim", which is NOT a paranormal one, has been REJECTED. This concludes matters.

Goodbye.

-Kramer, JREF Paranormal Claims Dept.

And that's the end of THAT.

Too bad, though, as I'd have joyfully flown to Belgium to personally witness the testing of this "claim".
Old 1st February 2005, 08:49 AM   #6
KRAMER

Siegfried's Return...

This just in (January 6, 2005) from Siegfried Verbeke, notorious Holocaust Denier and sloppy thinker.

The JREF will, as promised, tender no reply.

============================================

Dear Mr. Kramer,

In your latest letter you reject my application because this is not a paranormal one. But in your Nov. 16th letter you rejected because it was against the rules, rules that you added later on.

The last letter proves that JREF is cheating; you modified your own rules, AFTER my claim came in! I think you are being rather hypocritical.

Moreover you try to scare me by wanting to warn "the proper authorites", both Belgian and German. You would be very happy if they put me in jail for many years. This is very Un-American!

Some Gestapo-people also threatened to deport my mother to Germany in 1942 because she was hiding Jewish women in her home. You seem to have the same spiritual attitude as the Gestapo, but at least they (the Gestapo) understood that my mother was only acting out of compassion. She was free to go.

I don't think you'd be sorry if I spent 5 years in a German prison because I'm being critical and having compassion with the Palestinian people.

JREF"s aim is "promoting critical thinking". By sending criticial people to "their proper authorities"? By getting rid of them?

JREF"s aim is "reaching out to the public and media with reliable information about paranormal and supernatural ideas so widespread in our society today", excluding the widespread ideas about the supernatural killing of millions by Zyklon B. In this issue JREF prefers to agree with orthodox dogmas.

JREF is "assisting those who are being attacked as a result of their investigations and criticism of people who make paranormal claims by maintaining a legal defence etc.", but JREF now prefers to send me to jail, because I'm critical towards a powerful and influential group.

See you in the courtroom.

-SIEGRFRIED VERBEKE

Opening and reading this moron's letters is like breathing the same air he breathes. It makes me sick to my stomach.

A shocking degenerate.

It's really not fair to call him a shocking degenerate, though.

Why?

Because that would be very unfair to all the other shocking degenerates in the world. They'd be offended if I gave this guy such a compliment.

Start talking about lawyers, and you've earned my contempt.

THIS guy starts talking lawyers, however, and I see just how far below contempt my sight can penetrate.

Definitely way, WAY below my contempt.
Old 15th April 2005, 01:20 PM   #7
KRAMER

Back in the Hooskow

This just in from a friend in Belgium...

Dear Kramer,

I thought you might be interested to know that Siegfried Verbeke, the 'applicant' that claimed to be able to survive in an atmosphere of Zyklon B, has just been sentenced to 1 year in jail in Belgium, because of his persistent denial of the Holocaust.

Best regards,
Mario T****
the Netherlands

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Other Skeptical Organizations » JREF » Million Dollar Challenge » Challenge Applications