ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » International Skeptics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 29th December 2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Azrael 5
Philosopher

HappY Birthday

Being my BIrthday today(no please dont!)the old JREF forum used to send their wishes via email and the forum displayed appropriate dancing smileys, sadly today this didnt happen.

I mourn for the old days.
Old 29th December 2015, 02:59 PM   #2
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
"It's my settings, I'll cry if I want to... cry if I want to... cry if I want to."
Old 29th December 2015, 03:02 PM   #3
BowlOfRed
Graduate Poster

I got mine and still have the email in my inbox from June (and I got the balloons in forum). So it's still happening sometimes.

While I'm sure my data is correct, I don't see how I could confirm that. It isn't obvious to me if it's visible in my profile somewhere.

ETA: Click on name, click on "customize profile", click on "Edit your details". Birthday is visible.

Last edited by BowlOfRed; 29th December 2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added bits.
BowlOfRed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2015, 04:35 AM   #4
Whingeing Pom

Originally Posted by BowlOfRed View Post
...my data are correct...
FTFY
/pedant

You're welcome.
Old 30th December 2015, 10:57 AM   #5
BowlOfRed
Graduate Poster

Nah, usage has changed and data is used as a mass noun sufficiently often that blindly changing the verb is not the right thing to do.

That said, I'll happily change "data" to "information" in the sentence above to avoid having the issue arise.
BowlOfRed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » International Skeptics