ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 1st June 2016, 06:28 PM   #1
Bob001
Philosopher

Clintonemails.com: Who is Eric Hoteham Part 3

Mod Info Continued from here.
Posted By:Agatha

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
"Neutral" publications can't afford to ignore a scandal ... they will weigh in with criticism in part to retain their reputation as neutral. So, it doesn't mean a whole lot that they are taking Hilary to task.

So if the media tells you something you don't want to hear, it's press bias? The recent media criticism of Clinton is based on the announced conclusions of an investigation by the State Department Inspector General. Is he biased too?

There are 2 conflicting values in place when it comes to government communications. Transparency and secrecy (aka security). Given all of the leaks out of the State Department, is it a given that HRC's communications would have been safer on government servers?
If there was a security problem at State (a debatable proposition), the head of the department would be the person responsible for solving it. And the solution wouldn't involve maintaining a private alternative communications system, anymore than a banker's solution to a theft problem would be to keep all the money in his basement.

Last edited by Agatha; 2nd June 2016 at 03:43 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2016, 07:23 PM   #2
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

One thing that has fascinated me about this situation, and her predecessors, is how involved (apparently) the SOS is in determining details about their email.

I admit being totally ignorant about the subject, but i would have thought deciding the technical details (including location) of email servers would be a detail handled by more knowledgeable staff, cause, you know, SOS is kinda a busy job.
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2016, 07:42 PM   #3
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

One of Hillary's minions just invoked the 5th:
Quote:
Lawyers for a former State Department staffer who worked on Hillary Clinton’s private email server told a federal court Wednesday that he will invoke his constitutional right against self-incrimination and decline to answer questions at his June 6 deposition in a civil public records lawsuit in Washington.
The first of many no doubt. Maybe even Hillary will take the 5th!
Old 1st June 2016, 07:50 PM   #4
Fudbucker
Philosopher

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
One of Hillary's minions just invoked the 5th:

The first of many no doubt. Maybe even Hillary will take the 5th!
If the witness is granted immunity, can they still invoke their 5th amendment rights?
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2016, 07:51 PM   #5
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
So if the media tells you something you don't want to hear, it's press bias? The recent media criticism of Clinton is based on the announced conclusions of an investigation by the State Department Inspector General. Is he biased too?
I think this is one of those "rule of so" situations ... you've just stated a position I never took. I have no idea if the inspector general is biased; I was speaking to media practices. Even a news outlet secretly cheering on Hillary - especially a new outlet secretly cheering on Hillary - would have to give her a severe scolding under the current circumstances.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2016, 07:56 PM   #6
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
If the witness is granted immunity, can they still invoke their 5th amendment rights?
We shall see. This is the civil lawsuit, not the FBI investigation for which he was granted immunity.
Old 2nd June 2016, 09:37 AM   #7
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning Please endeavour to focus on the arguments and not the arguers, as well as remaining civil.
Posted By:Agatha

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:25 AM   #8
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Clinton’s Simple, Two-Step George Costanza Defense

Insist that the rules were unclear and that everyone was breaking them anyway.

Quote:
In her latest defense of her unlawful e-mail server, Hillary Clinton is following the playbook of Seinfeld’s lovable loser George Costanza. In one memorable episode, Costanza fulfills one of his fantasies with an after-hours romp with a cleaning woman at his office desk. Confronted by his boss after his paramour turns him in — George had tried to buy her silence with a defective cashmere sweater — Costanza insisted that the standards for workplace intimacy were not clear at the time of his indiscretion: “Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here, that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ’cause I’ve worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.”
classic!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436052/hillary-clinton-email-scandal-inspector-general-justice-department-report-george-costanza?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content &utm_content=57500b5d04d3015b235cd736&utm_medium=t rueAnthem&utm_source=twitter[/url]
Old 3rd June 2016, 03:17 PM   #9
xjx388
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Clinton’s Simple, Two-Step George Costanza Defense

Insist that the rules were unclear and that everyone was breaking them anyway.

classic!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436052/hillary-clinton-email-scandal-inspector-general-justice-department-report-george-costanza?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content &utm_content=57500b5d04d3015b235cd736&utm_medium=t rueAnthem&utm_source=twitter[/url]
This is probably the most succinct summarization of Clinton's response thus far. She's pulling a Costanza!
Old 5th June 2016, 06:02 PM   #10
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...-email-server/

"I have spoken to and I've watched and I've read many, many lawyers on the subject, you know, so-called neutral lawyers," Trump told "Face the Nation" moderator John Dickerson in an interview taped for Sunday's broadcast. "Every one of them, without a doubt, said that what she did is far worse than what other people did, like General Petraeus, who essentially got a two-year jail term."

"General Petraeus and others had been treated, I mean, their lives have been in a sense destroyed," Trump said Friday. "She keeps campaigning. I mean, what she did is a criminal situation. She wasn't supposed to do that with the server and the emails and all of the other. Now, I rely on the lawyers. These are good lawyers. These are professional lawyers. These are lawyers that know what they're talking about and know -- are very well-versed on what she did. They say she's guilty as hell."

Pressed on what, exactly, he believes Clinton is guilty of, Trump responded vaguely, "She's guilty of the server, she's guilty of - you look at confidential information, I mean, all of the information that probably has gotten out all over the world, and then you know what else she's also guilty of? Stupidity and bad judgment."

But what gets here to jail, though? What's the difference between rhetoric and law?" Dickerson asked.

"What the lawyers are saying is what she did in terms of national security - they have very strict rules and regulations, she's broken all of them," Trump replied. "You know, if you look at from the standard of why did she do it, judgment, the word judgment, this isn't criminal judgment, you make bad judgment. Although, actually, under those rules and regulations, judgment is even criminal."

The stupid ... it burns
Old 6th June 2016, 12:05 PM   #11
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Judge Sullivan Orders Clinton IT Guy to turn over immunity agreement

Judge Sullivan’s order, issued at 5:22 pm, “minute order” states:

Quote:
The deposition of non-party Bryan Pagliano is hereby postponed until further order of the Court. Counsel for Mr. Pagliano shall file a Memorandum of Law addressing the legal authority upon which Mr. Pagliano relies to assert his Fifth Amendment rights in this civil proceeding, including requisite details pertaining to the scope of Mr. Pagliano’s reported immunity agreement with the Government. Mr. Pagliano’s Memorandum of Law, along with a copy of his reported immunity agreement, shall be filed no later than Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. The parties are ordered to file responsive memoranda of law no later than Friday, June 10, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. Mr. Pagliano shall file a reply memorandum no later than Monday, June 13, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on June 3, 2016.
Nice! More breadcrumbs leading the way to the Queen Rat.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:50 PM   #12
Minoosh
Philosopher

Quote:
In her latest defense of her unlawful e-mail server, Hillary Clinton is following the playbook of Seinfeld’s lovable loser George Costanza. In one memorable episode, Costanza fulfills one of his fantasies with an after-hours romp with a cleaning woman at his office desk. Confronted by his boss after his paramour turns him in — George had tried to buy her silence with a defective cashmere sweater — Costanza insisted that the standards for workplace intimacy were not clear at the time of his indiscretion: “Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here, that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ’cause I’ve worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.”
(Emphasis added).

This sounds *exactly* like Trump talking. It would be hilarious if Hillary suddenly adopted Trump's style of speech ... although she probably couldn't pull it off.

Who are you quoting here (besides Costanza)?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2016, 12:52 PM   #13
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

(Emphasis added).

This sounds *exactly* like Trump talking. It would be hilarious if Hillary suddenly adopted Trump's style of speech ... although she probably couldn't pull it off.

Who are you quoting here (besides Costanza)?
http://www.nationalreview.com
Old 6th June 2016, 01:11 PM   #14
Minoosh
Philosopher

Hillary needs an accent. Or some other proxy for having a personality. I really mean, person-ality. Some quality that comes across as human. Does she keep secrets? Well, is that so terrible in a politician? "So I used personal devices. Was I was hacked? Who knows? Do you know? I don't know. You think I'm sneaky? So what? You want politicians who are never sneaky, 'cause I'm telling you, they get slaughtered at the negotiation table. Slaughtered."

Golldarned I wish I was paid for this stuff. I could be a troll. A great troll. I'm tellin' ya.
Old 6th June 2016, 01:19 PM   #15
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Hillary needs an accent. Or some other proxy for having a personality. I really mean, person-ality. Some quality that comes across as human. Does she keep secrets? Well, is that so terrible in a politician? "So I used personal devices. Was I was hacked? Who knows? Do you know? I don't know. You think I'm sneaky? So what? You want politicians who are never sneaky, 'cause I'm telling you, they get slaughtered at the negotiation table. Slaughtered."

Golldarned I wish I was paid for this stuff. I could be a troll. A great troll. I'm tellin' ya.
She has one.
Actually, she has several...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 6th June 2016, 02:10 PM   #16
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
She has one.
Actually, she has several...
She should make that part of her shtick. But she's apparently trying hard not to have a shtick. Is that her shtick?
Old 7th June 2016, 07:45 AM   #17
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

NEW: FBI cant release the to, from, dates of 2 pieces of correspondence to State regarding Hillary's use of her cowboy server without compromising its probe

https://www.scribd.com/doc/315018012...BI-Email-Probe

So Obama gonna endorse Crooked Hillary before or after he pardons her?
Old 7th June 2016, 07:51 AM   #18
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Stephen Mull was deposed by Judicial Watch, and is basically an incompetent dope as one would expect from someone who worked for Crooked Hillary

Quote:
A senior State Department official who oversaw executive operations during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary from 2009 to 2013 told lawyers in a civil lawsuit that he was aware of her private email server, but had no reason to think it was used for government business, according to a transcript released Monday.
Here is the kicker about her blackberry use:

Quote:
“We will prepare two versions for her to use, one with operating State Department email account which would mask her identity but which would also be subject to FOIA requests,” Mull wrote.

Mull said he not recall the communication, or the circumstances behind it.

“So you don’t recall why you wrote this sentence?” Judicial Watch lawyer Michael Bekesha asked.

“Today I don’t, no,” Mull said.
Uh maybe it was to tell Hillary that her emails could be subject to FOIA?
Old 7th June 2016, 07:58 AM   #19
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Stephen Mull was deposed by Judicial Watch, and is basically an incompetent dope as one would expect from someone who worked for Crooked Hillary

Here is the kicker about her blackberry use:

Uh maybe it was to tell Hillary that her emails could be subject to FOIA?
Hillary's body woman Huma replied:

Abedin replied: "Steve, let's discuss the state blackberry, doesn't make a whole lot of sense."

Mull said at the deposition he could not recall the exchange until it appeared in the press earlier this year. He also said he couldn't remember any conversations with Abedin about the issue.

Sure you can't. Ladies and Gentlemen. Stephen Mull the lead diplomat on enforcing the Iran Nuke Deal.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...#ixzz4AuDIsort
Old 7th June 2016, 01:31 PM   #20
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Summary: JW attorneys sucked so bad they got Mull to admit nothing.

Nothing to see hear folks, move along....
Old 7th June 2016, 01:52 PM   #21
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Summary: JW attorneys sucked so bad they got Mull to admit nothing.

Nothing to see hear folks, move along....
Actually, it sounds like they got him to perjure himself. It's not plausible at all that he wouldn't remember a conversation about the Secretary of State's blackberry when the issue of evading FOIA requests was central to the discussion.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2016, 02:12 PM   #22
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Remember when Hillary said she was encouraging all her staff to cooperate with "anybody" and how we all laughed because it so ridiculous for Government Anti-Transparency Fanatic Hillary to say something so ironic.

Well her part time cowboy server wrangler just filed a motion under seal to file the immunity deal he cut with the FBI under seal.

You don't need to read it voters in California! I'm sure the terms of his immunity deal with the FBI are of no concern to you!

Hillary 2016, Not Indicted Yet!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...mmunity-224015
Old 7th June 2016, 02:28 PM   #23
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Actually, it sounds like they got him to perjure himself. It's not plausible at all that he wouldn't remember a conversation about the Secretary of State's blackberry when the issue of evading FOIA requests was central to the discussion.
Clearly

I'm sure Clinton and her blackberry were at the forefront of his thoughts for years and years.
Old 7th June 2016, 02:31 PM   #24
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Remember when Hillary said she was encouraging all her staff to cooperate with "anybody" and how we all laughed because it so ridiculous for Government Anti-Transparency Fanatic Hillary to say something so ironic.

Well her part time cowboy server wrangler just filed a motion under seal to file the immunity deal he cut with the FBI under seal.

You don't need to read it voters in California! I'm sure the terms of his immunity deal with the FBI are of no concern to you!

Hillary 2016, Not Indicted Yet!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...mmunity-224015
Hillary 2016, Not Indicted Ever !
Old 8th June 2016, 05:12 AM   #25
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Has Hillary been indicted yet?

LOL
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 07:30 AM   #26
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Clinton IT Wrangler Confirms Immunity agreement

Quote:
In December 2015, Mr. Pagliano proffered testimony to the DOJ in connection with an ongoing DOJ investigation. A short time later, Mr. Pagliano and the DOJ entered into an agreement granting Mr. Pagliano limited “use” and “derivative use” immunity consistent with 18 U.S.C. § 6001 et seq. for that testimony and other testimony offered in connection with the same investigation. In response to the Court’s Order, Mr. Pagliano has today filed copies of his use immunity agreements with the Government, with a Motion asking the Court to maintain those documents ex parte and under seal.
U.S. Code: Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

Remember when Hillary lied to you and said it was a routine "security review"?
Old 8th June 2016, 07:44 AM   #27
plague311
Great minds think...

OMG! I can't believe it! Wait, what does this mean?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 08:26 AM   #28
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

Do you want a President Trump? Because this is how you get a President Trump.
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 08:27 AM   #29
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
No kidding.

They should have released the immunity agreement before yesterday's primaries.

Oh well.
Old 8th June 2016, 08:31 AM   #30
The_Animus
Master Poster

By running a horrible candidate against him? Agreed.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 08:34 AM   #31
Fudbucker
Philosopher

What exactly is "this" you refer to?
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 08:37 AM   #32
plague311
Great minds think...

Let us not pretend that Trump isn't battling his own legal issues that are comparable in the eyes of the voting public. Ripping blue collar, middle class citizens off to the tune of $35k a pop isn't really helping his cause.

I get that anti-Hillary people think this is going to be the end-all-be-all of Hillary, but it's not. Trump is equally dirty, and is doing some extremely shady stuff.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 08:44 AM   #33
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Clinton is the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Clinton is the odds on favorite to win the election.

That should clue you in to the fact that the majority doesn't give a flying **** about these republican talking points you keep posting.
Old 8th June 2016, 09:04 AM   #34
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Clinton is the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Clinton is the odds on favorite to win the election.

That should clue you in to the fact that the majority doesn't give a flying **** about these republican talking points you keep posting.
I'd say rather that the majority doesn't understand these Republican talking points ... yet.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 09:11 AM   #35
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I'd say rather that the majority doesn't understand these Republican talking points ... yet.
Dumbest damn thing Bernie ever did was tell people he didn't care about Hillary's damn e-mails.

By the way a criminal use Immunity Agreement is a "Republican Talking point"?

Thanks for quoting that! I needed a Yuge laugh today.
Old 8th June 2016, 09:48 AM   #36
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

And when do you believe they will understand them ?
Old 8th June 2016, 10:05 AM   #37
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

And when do you believe they will understand them ?
If and when there is an indictment of Hillary or some of her aides. It still probably won't be a majority of the people, but perhaps enough to diminish her electoral prospects materially.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:00 AM   #38
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

If and when there is an indictment of Hillary or some of her aides. It still probably won't be a majority of the people, but perhaps enough to diminish her electoral prospects materially.
Ah, so you're saying there is a huge chuck of people who don't suck at the right wing media teat, swallowing whatever HDS pablum is squirted into their gullible mouths and they will wait for genuine movement towards guilt or innocence. Unlike many "skeptics, guilty until proven innocent" on this forum.
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.

Last edited by DavidJames; 8th June 2016 at 11:01 AM.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 02:52 PM   #39
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

WASHINGTON (AP) — The names of CIA personnel could have been compromised not only by hackers who may have penetrated Hillary Clinton's private computer server or the State Department system, but also by the release itself of tens of thousands of her emails, security experts say.

At least 47 of the emails contain the notation "B3 CIA PERS/ORG," which indicates the material referred to CIA personnel or matters related to the agency.

Sounds convenient, Hillary.
Old 8th June 2016, 08:56 PM   #40
shuize
Master Poster

Clinton is demonstrably incapable of maintaining proper OPSEC. Ho-hum. What difference, at this point, does it make?
shuize is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics