ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:28 PM   #81
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
Is that the very first screen that you see when you type in the URL?
Old 5th August 2016, 07:38 PM   #82
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Look at the address bar. I first followed an external link and got the same page with that pop up. I then shortened the address to hillaryclinton.com and got a different but similar page with a popup with the X.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:43 PM   #83
Jrrarglblarg

I googled "hillery" and clicked the Hillaryclinton.com paid ad first result. The first screen wants email, the second one wants money.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2016, 08:00 PM   #84
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

I googled "hillery" and clicked the Hillaryclinton.com paid ad first result. The first screen wants email, the second one wants money.
Well there's the problem. For me, If i google "Hillary" the first result is a paid ad that links to Hillaryclinton.com/go which is the page specifically for donations and joining for support. And I see the stuff you see. Your address bar is shows hillaryclinton.com, but it's probably only displaying the domain, not the whole url. I'm you were to select the address bar, it might show the whole url.

If you go to the first non-ad based link in the Google search, it brings you to hillaryclinton.com, without the stuff you are seeing.

ETA: I tested it in Safari, and that is exactly what is happening. They page you are looking at is Hillaryclinton.com/go (which redirects to a less human readable url) and Safari is only showing you the domain until you click on the address bar.

Now, whether it's a good thing the paid advertisement goes directly to the donation page rather than the generic page? I dunno. It might be.

ETA2: On that first screen, if you click on the H in the upper left, it brings you to the regular website.

ETA3: and the ad on google specifically says "Add your name and become a part of Hillary for America!". So that indicates it's not going to the main site, but a place to sign up for so hung.

Last edited by bonzombiekitty; 5th August 2016 at 08:14 PM.
bonzombiekitty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 04:48 AM   #85
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Old 6th August 2016, 05:02 AM   #86
Mader Levap
Muse

Looks like everything is clear now. I and Jrrarglblarg used different web addresses.

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
(Hillary toliet paper)
I see someone got butthurt by Jrrarglblarg's avatar. :>
Old 6th August 2016, 05:10 AM   #87
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

Oh man I wrote all that stuff on my iPad as I was falling asleep. iPads suck to type long things on. Sorry for the English as a second languageesque typos.
bonzombiekitty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 05:32 AM   #88
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
Thanks for the link, I see you voted for Hillary, What I get when I click on these links from my browser is something different. I get an appeal for money on both sites except either site wants at least 1$ to continue and no video from Hillary. They can change these sites on a dime however so no telling if what I am seeing is the same as what you are seeing. Just watch and tell me if you see any campaign tee shirt prices drop and tell me ok? I might be a customer.
I donít get asked for a dollar.
I see a video on the Hillary site.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 06:04 AM   #89
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
I donít get asked for a dollar.
I see a video on the Hillary site.
That's because the link he's clicking on is taking him to the donation/participation page, not the main hillaryclinton.com site.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:11 PM   #90
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And Hilary gives you the option for either a one time donation or a recurring donation..unlike Donald.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 12:12 PM   #91
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
Looks like everything is clear now. I and Jrrarglblarg used different web addresses.

I see someone got butthurt by Jrrarglblarg's avatar. :>
Or wanted to show how much seeing his butt frightened her.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 12:28 PM   #92
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Or wanted to show how much seeing his butt frightened her.
She looks like she's doing the laugh-and-point, which I would find unpleasant to associate with any part of what's in my pants. Not sure who the market is for that one.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 02:38 PM   #93
Mader Levap
Muse

She looks like she's doing the laugh-and-point, which I would find unpleasant to associate with any part of what's in my pants. Not sure who the market is for that one.
Oh, now that you said it, I can see it. Market is probably trumpists that are too dumb to notice this stealth insult.
Old 6th August 2016, 06:59 PM   #94
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
Oh, now that you said it, I can see it. Market is probably trumpists that are too dumb to notice this stealth insult.
I read that a pub in Dublin - the one in Ireland, not Ohio - put in a Trump urinal target and that patrons were lining up to use that one rather than the standard one.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2016, 10:23 PM   #95
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I read that a pub in Dublin - the one in Ireland, not Ohio - put in a Trump urinal target and that patrons were lining up to use that one rather than the standard one.
A fine group of stout Irishmen o' the Faith who know what to do with Orangemen!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2017, 01:14 PM   #96
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Looks like I called the campaign in August, and unlike that other guy, got very little press
Old 18th October 2017, 05:11 AM   #97
Belz...
Fiend God

Is she done yet?

Must make you fume that she's still around doing stuff.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 06:11 AM   #98
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

I was more thinking that if she had lowered the price of her T's to 15$, things might have gone differently for her. Nobody listens to me.
Old 18th October 2017, 06:13 AM   #99
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Is she done yet?

Must make you fume that she's still around doing stuff.
I guess breaking your toe counts as doing stuff
Old 18th October 2017, 08:39 PM   #100
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'm still trying to figure out how you break your toe falling over backwards going downstairs. I mean, high-heeled shoes are definitely sorcery, but still.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 08:42 PM   #101
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
t shirts cost 50 dollars at rock concerts
those are the cool t shirts
I guess I got a real bargain at the ZZ Top concert a few years ago: only cost me 30 bucks.
s-l300.jpg
(And it is a cool T shirt).
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 09:42 PM   #102
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
I guess I got a real bargain at the ZZ Top concert a few years ago: only cost me 30 bucks.
Attachment 37365
(And it is a cool T shirt).
Oh, honey, no. It's 2017. ZZ Top isn't cool and that T-shirt would have had a tough time escaping the 80s with any cool intact.

Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2017, 12:36 AM   #103
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

nvm - don't want another Rule 11 card
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2017, 04:34 AM   #104
jakesteele
Fait Accompli

Hi,

Based on this fact I am not sure she is even qualified to be president. I also don't like the fact that everybody is calling Trump crazy as that is a straw man argument that is really hard to break. I am not saying he pulled some crap, I don't know. Anyways, if you haven't figured out my point by now, I was just looking for some recognition for the fact that I coined the term, Hillbilly Hillary. Questions, comments, ridicule perhaps, anyone?

Thanks,

Brant
Why Hillbilly? I don't see the connection.

Life is Godís funniest joke
And we are the punchline
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2017, 04:36 AM   #105
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
I guess breaking your toe counts as doing stuff
As long as she's breathing, on her own or through a machine, I'm sure conservatives will find an excuse why it's imperative that they talk about her.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2017, 12:21 PM   #106
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jakesteele View Post
Why Hillbilly? I don't see the connection.
Because maybe if she wore overalls and starred on HEE HA? From what I remember, the only reason President Jimmy Carter won the election is he was photographed wearing blue jeans. No other reason. I bet a lot of people wish that Pres Carter was president right about now.
Old 9th November 2017, 01:29 PM   #107
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

How do you all feel about Hillery now. I mean was she the one that would have gotten us in a nuclear war or what. I am thinking President Trump is all hot for it because he saw the nuclear war digs that presidents get and knows that he would be the last guy
Old 9th November 2017, 01:37 PM   #108
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

How do you all feel about Hillery now. I mean was she the one that would have gotten us in a nuclear war or what. I am thinking President Trump is all hot for it because he saw the nuclear war digs that presidents get and knows that he would be the last guy
Yes, I also like Oscar Meyer better than their competitors. They use choicer cuts.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 01:43 PM   #109
Garrison
Illuminator

Every time I see one of these Hilary threads at the top of the page my first thought is 'which one of Trump's cronies is being indicted today?'
Old 9th November 2017, 01:50 PM   #110
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

WHY DO YOU FEER TRUMP BEING THE ONE TO REPOPULATE IT. ASSUMING THEY BOUGHT SOME FEEMALES
Old 9th November 2017, 08:53 PM   #111
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

WHY DO YOU FEER TRUMP BEING THE ONE TO REPOPULATE IT. ASSUMING THEY BOUGHT SOME FEEMALES
Not too many times that I really have no idea what the poster might have meant. Usually, I have some idea at least.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 08:59 PM   #112
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

DOES NOT COMPUTE

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2018, 06:20 AM   #113
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

I don't know. I am not seeing these allegations against Trump going far. On an aside note. I got a letter saying that I owe property taxes from a mistake made on my renters rebate in 2014. Apparently the mistake involved nontaxable income and a mistake on the certificate of rent paid by about 100 bucks. Since I don't keep records of the my property taxes after I get paid I am stuck with it. looks like 333 bucks plus 30 interest. Someone is really taking an interest in my taxes to go back 4 years to claw back 333 bucks
Old 18th April 2018, 06:34 AM   #114
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Just think, if you'd spent 330 of those 333 bucks on eleven Hillary campaign t-shirts back in 2016, then maybe she would have won the election, and THEY wouldn't have decided to send you the tax bill. You'd be three dollars better off today. (Plus that $30 interest, unless you'd spent that too and bought an even dozen shirts.) That's karma!
Old 31st August 2018, 07:07 AM   #115
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Both candidates are made from the finest, softest, American made cotton. However, Clintons shirts are union made, while Trumps shirts are not. However, I am not sure that the word unions means much when you are talking about tee shirts. My wife's company was bought out by a company that was unionized. I can't see any difference except the union fee, the wages, benefits, pretty much everything else is the same. The morale is markedly worse, I am not saying that is the unions fault, they are pretty invisible either way other than a quarterly brochure.

Ladewig, yeah well, a strawman argument is a strawman argument no matter who give it. However, I will say that visiting the sites for both candidates has given me a different perspective on the whole thing. They are nearly identical to the point of looking like they were made by the same people. I am guessing that such sites are not intended to be visited by small people such as ourselves, instead they are for the people who count. That being said, I am guessing that my bread is going to be way more buttered by the likes of a Clinton rather than a Trump, but you can't tell that by looking at their sites. They both look exactly the same.

As far as Hillarie's name being misspelled on the title, there is no spell check for titles here, I am still getting her name wrong but its getting spell checked. And actually the truth be told, since its unlikely that I am going to get a patronage job from either of them, I don't really care either. So, I get everyone's name wrong all the time, some get pissed. This is my official sorry to all of them with weird names that I got wrong.
Actually my wifeís union got her a living wage and benefits now
Old 31st August 2018, 12:13 PM   #116
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

It's quite obviously a reference to the scene in Dr. Strangelove where they discuss repopulating the earth and what ratio of females to males they will need. Okay maybe it's not that obvious
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2018, 08:43 AM   #117
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
It's quite obviously a reference to the scene in Dr. Strangelove where they discuss repopulating the earth and what ratio of females to males they will need. Okay maybe it's not that obvious
Happy birthday. Actually they are talking out queens that lays eggs that come out fertilized with only female offspring to make it simpler. I read this in the Times a day or two ago

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 3rd October 2018 at 08:45 AM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2018, 06:54 AM   #118
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Nothing about Hillary should be linking her to Hillbilly except that both start with Hill. ?????????????????
Exactly!

Even so, she tried to pander to the 'hillbilly' base, and completely failed.
Does no one remember the Hillary Country campaign video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJJoJWY1VFM
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2018, 09:26 AM   #119
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

That was hard to watch. I had a Dukasus riding in a tank moment
Old 30th October 2018, 08:21 AM   #120
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Hillery Clinton is not done. I am actually going to go look at her position other than the one laughing and pointing on a roll of toilet paper.

Where she stands on the issues right now. I am going to do a total of each one and see how closely we align. Then I will do President Trump to see how closely I align.http://ontheissues.org/hillary_clinton.htm

I am 45/30 in agreement with Hillary's position on abortion
7/1 in agreement with her position on contraception
8/2 on voting record on abortion and contraception
12/1 in favor of her position on the economy
I like her overall position on the national debt
Am in agreement with her voting record on economy and debt
Am in agreement with her stance on civil rights and her voting record

Yes, I might vote again for her.
President Donald trump

http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

My advice for her is to run and to drop the price of her Tee short to 15$ Her slogan could be "make America great again, vote for Hillery, buy my Tee." Should be a big hit with the people

I am just realizing that people don't have free community college because Hillary didn't win

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 30th October 2018 at 08:47 AM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics