ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th October 2018, 11:02 AM   #121
beren
Graduate Poster

??????
Old 30th October 2018, 11:14 AM   #122
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I give it a 5/7. Almost as good as the dark night.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 11:27 AM   #123
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
Hi,

Based on this fact I am not sure she is even qualified to be president. I also don't like the fact that everybody is calling Trump crazy as that is a straw man argument that is really hard to break. I am not saying he pulled some crap, I don't know. Anyways, if you haven't figured out my point by now, I was just looking for some recognition for the fact that I coined the term, Hillbilly Hillary. Questions, comments, ridicule perhaps, anyone?

Thanks,

Brant

I think such nicknames really add to the quality of the political debate. On both sides.

There's nothing more likely to begin a civil conversation about political ideologies than starting off by applying an insulting nickname or amusing description of the person you're talking about.

Bound to bring only good things, that is.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 11:41 AM   #124
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Hillery Clinton is not done. I am actually going to go look at her position other than the one laughing and pointing on a roll of toilet paper.

Where she stands on the issues right now. I am going to do a total of each one and see how closely we align. Then I will do President Trump to see how closely I align.http://ontheissues.org/hillary_clinton.htm
LOLWUT?

I am 45/30 in agreement with Hillary's position on abortion
Is that a percentage? If so, where is the missing 25%? If it is a headcount you need help.

7/1 in agreement with her position on contraception
WTF is the 1?

8/2 on voting record on abortion and contraception
WTF is the 2?

12/1 in favor of her position on the economy
WTF is the 1?

I like her overall position on the national debt
Am in agreement with her voting record on economy and debt
Am in agreement with her stance on civil rights and her voting record
LOLWUT?

Yes, I might vote again for her.
For what?

President Donald trump

http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

My advice for her is to run and to drop the price of her Tee short to 15$ Her slogan could be "make America great again, vote for Hillery, buy my Tee." Should be a big hit with the people
That was 2 years ago. Trump got in. Hillary is nowhere. WTF?

I am just realizing that people don't have free community college because Hillary didn't win
Well, duh.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 12:06 PM   #125
Drewbot
Philosopher

I am just realizing that people don't have free community college because Hillary didn't win
I can get anyone paid trade school if they have a high school diploma and want to work for a living.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 12:22 PM   #126
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

I am 45/30 in agreement with Hillary's position on abortion
7/1 in agreement with her position on contraception
8/2 on voting record on abortion and contraception
Uh... give me $5 on Contraception to place in the 2nd race.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 12:52 PM   #127
Myriad
Hyperthetical

54/40 or fight!
Old 30th October 2018, 05:57 PM   #128
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I can get anyone paid trade school if they have a high school diploma and want to work for a living.
I got mostly d's in highschool. What can I get with that. I met a manufacturer of gemstones in highschool that would pay for my schooling but I needed a B average.

Points are talking points I agree with with vs points I disagree. Points that I was neutral on were not counted. Go to the link and add up the points. I think the problem with Hillery was that she ran on a populist platform but did not run a populist campaign. Maybe she was just not feeing it; maybe she had bad advisors
Old 1st November 2018, 06:49 PM   #129
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
LOLWUT?

Is that a percentage? If so, where is the missing 25%? If it is a headcount you need help.

WTF is the 1?

WTF is the 2?

WTF is the 1?

LOLWUT?

For what?

That was 2 years ago. Trump got in. Hillary is nowhere. WTF?

Well, duh.
fractions
Old 2nd November 2018, 04:18 AM   #130
wareyin
Philosopher

fractions
So, for instance, you agree with 12 out of the 1 statements about her position on the economy.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:27 AM   #131
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
So, for instance, you agree with 12 out of the 1 statements about her position on the economy.
THERE WERE 13 OF HER TALKING POINTS ON THE ECONOMY THAT I EITHER AGREED OR DISAGREED WITH. 12 I AGREED WITH AND WITH ONE I DISAGREED. THAT WAS NOT OBCVIOUS. MAYBE I NEED TO WORK ON MY MATHS.

I JUST GOT A TEXT TELLING ME WHERE MY VOTING AREA WAS. I RESIDENCE WAS CHALLENGED LAST YEAR SO I AM PLANNING ON BRINGING A UTILITY BILL ALONG JUST IN CASE.

I AM GOING TO TRY TO MAKE IT A BETTER FRACTION. 12/1.1 IN FAVOR OF HILLERY'S POSITION ON THE ECONOMY. YOU CAN CALL IT A PONY RACE. I PREFER TO CALL IT A HORSE RACE.

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 2nd November 2018 at 08:29 AM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2018, 04:50 PM   #132
beren
Graduate Poster

THERE WERE 13 OF HER TALKING POINTS ON THE ECONOMY THAT I EITHER AGREED OR DISAGREED WITH. 12 I AGREED WITH AND WITH ONE I DISAGREED. THAT WAS NOT OBCVIOUS. MAYBE I NEED TO WORK ON MY MATHS.

I JUST GOT A TEXT TELLING ME WHERE MY VOTING AREA WAS. I RESIDENCE WAS CHALLENGED LAST YEAR SO I AM PLANNING ON BRINGING A UTILITY BILL ALONG JUST IN CASE.

I AM GOING TO TRY TO MAKE IT A BETTER FRACTION. 12/1.1 IN FAVOR OF HILLERY'S POSITION ON THE ECONOMY. YOU CAN CALL IT A PONY RACE. I PREFER TO CALL IT A HORSE RACE.

I can't slowly back away from this fast enough.
Old 2nd November 2018, 06:09 PM   #133
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

thanks all for pointing out my flaw-that I don't explain my position well..
Old 2nd November 2018, 07:35 PM   #134
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Brant,
Hillary is not running in 2020. Start working on some other theory, but honestly if you haven't figured out that the current political horizon in the US is all Party Party Party by now, I'm not going to hold out much hope.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2018, 06:25 PM   #135
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

I think the fraction I should have used was 12/13 in favor of Hillbilly's views on the economy. This can be correct of considering that hillbilly is an antonym and/or google choice of Hillary. Just type Hilly and see what google lists for choices. Still, since I agree with most of her talking points from 2016 and back. I think I would still vote for her should she run again in 2020.

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 3rd November 2018 at 06:28 PM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2018, 06:56 PM   #136
michael44
Critical Thinker

Hi,

Based on this fact I am not sure she is even qualified to be president. I also don't like the fact that everybody is calling Trump crazy as that is a straw man argument that is really hard to break. I am not saying he pulled some crap, I don't know. Anyways, if you haven't figured out my point by now, I was just looking for some recognition for the fact that I coined the term, Hillbilly Hillary. Questions, comments, ridicule perhaps, anyone?

Thanks,

Brant
What 'fact'? I haven't even taken the time to read through everyone's response, only to add, this persistent narrative that Hillary Clinton is a slippery compulsive liar while Donald Trump is a gutsy truth-teller, despite Trump having so far racked up 6,420 lies since taking office (and counting) (and not to include the endless amount of taxpayer money spent since White Water investigating Hillary, only to come up empty handed with the expected residual), I can only question the motive behind your OP, as well that 'fact' you so speak of.

I suppose next you'll ask: Why is it we haven't locked her up yet?

Last edited by michael44; 3rd November 2018 at 06:57 PM.
michael44 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2018, 01:26 PM   #137
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

actually I both read the NY times AND I know who is in my state legislature AND I vote (with some difficulty)
Old 4th November 2018, 01:33 PM   #138
beren
Graduate Poster

I think the fraction I should have used was 12/13 in favor of Hillbilly's views on the economy. This can be correct of considering that hillbilly is an antonym and/or google choice of Hillary. Just type Hilly and see what google lists for choices. Still, since I agree with most of her talking points from 2016 and back. I think I would still vote for her should she run again in 2020.
Ok. I did. I don't understand what this proves. Please help me understand.
Ia Hilly Hindi relevant?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20181104-143526.jpg (26.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 15th November 2019, 08:05 PM   #139
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

I am going to buy a Bernie Tee if its under 30 bucks. I got a text from his organization and thats the only one who reached out to me so so I am solidly in Bernies camp. If I can find one I will Change my avatar to me wearing the Bernie shirt. Bernies tee's are 27 bucks but only go up to 3x on his site. I can buy a bootleg tee but I am not sure why I would do that.

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 15th November 2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 15th November 2019, 10:54 PM   #140
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

If they're the only campaign that "reached out to you" that means they're the only campaign that had your contact information. Probably because Bernie is the only leading candidate on the Dem side who ran last time, and they had you on a list from the previous election cycle.
Old 16th November 2019, 06:30 AM   #141
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Maybe. It’s my work phone though and I wasn’t working here last election cycle
Old 16th November 2019, 06:57 AM   #142
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I think that being on a spam list is a great reason for voting for Bernie. I mean you got a phone call! Bernie cares about you personally!

I voted for Hillary last time because she wore a blue coat once. I have a blue coat!
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 08:02 AM   #143
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

bruto has a birthday
I'm encouraged by the sagacity of the voting public. Hats out, shirts in. What could possibly go wrong?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 08:39 AM   #144
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

They got my number from an algorithm from Facebook. I posted a pic of Bernie from a parody site and have my work phone listed there. Heh still voting for him and buying the bootleg shirt
Old 16th November 2019, 02:50 PM   #145
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Bernie 2020 is hindsight for sale at cafepress for 25 bucks including shipping
Old 17th November 2019, 08:13 AM   #146
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Actually they could have gotten my name from a list of registered Democrats. The only reason I am doubting that is that is casting a pretty wide net
Old 18th November 2019, 07:36 AM   #147
TofuFighter
Master Poster

Seems you're worth casting it for though.
When will you be changing your avatar to the Bernie T?
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 04:26 PM   #148
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Tee is shipping now. I assume his campaign got some money from it because his name is on it
Old 19th November 2019, 12:53 PM   #149
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Brant,
Hillary is not running in 2020. Start working on some other theory, but honestly if you haven't figured out that the current political horizon in the US is all Party Party Party by now, I'm not going to hold out much hope.
Not so sure she won't run, but she will get nowhere and make a fool out of herself if she does.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 12:54 PM   #150
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Selling overpriced T Shirts is something just about every candidate does to raise funds.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 01:20 PM   #151
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Bought a Bernie hat from the actual campaign site for 31 bucks. It's union made and looks nice and will be a nice addition to my rear window. I will just keep it there up every year all year. Like some people do with Christmas trees.

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 19th November 2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 19th November 2019, 10:08 PM   #152
Suddenly
No Punting

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Not so sure she won't run, but she will get nowhere and make a fool out of herself if she does.
There is some mild irony here in that had she actually herself sold "Hillbilly Hillary" T-shirts and played up her Arkansas connections and showed a sense of humor in doing so it would have been an improvement on her actual campaign in the states that bit her on the butt, harmless in the ones she won, and she'd be president right now.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2019, 02:58 PM   #153
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

My new tee yay. No idea why my picture is upside down. If I right it it still turns out upside down
Old 25th November 2019, 01:12 PM   #154
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Bernie Hat and two campaign stickers for 31 bucks at the Bernie store. It helps that my wifeís nickname is Bernie too.
Old 28th November 2019, 05:24 PM   #155
mgidm86
Philosopher

My new tee yay. No idea why my picture is upside down. If I right it it still turns out upside down

The rest of us see your avatar as right-side up. It's just you. I've tried reading this thread upside-down and it still makes no sense.

ETA:
Friendly question - you posted personal identifiable something rather in your previous thread. Good idea? I assume that is your car.

Last edited by mgidm86; 28th November 2019 at 05:26 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 10:59 AM   #156
Lurch
Muse

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
The rest of us see your avatar as right-side up. It's just you. I've tried reading this thread upside-down and it still makes no sense.

ETA:
Friendly question - you posted personal identifiable something rather in your previous thread. Good idea? I assume that is your car.
My instant thought, too. If so, sure makes himself an easy target for spamming and all...
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:47 PM   #157
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Not getting spammed a lot from this site. I posted this pic on Facebook after getting a nice greeting from President Trump and family on Facebook. Now I am not getting them and I am just getting posts from family now. They seem to be walling me

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 2nd December 2019 at 06:54 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics