ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th June 2017, 06:38 AM   #201
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'd be worried if I were you. False prophets probably won't do well in your end times. I'm guessing lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth are in your future.
The call to repentance is not what the false prophets support—they more likely will support people going on in sin.
Luke 21:31---Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the Kingdom of God is near.
Paul Bethke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 07:22 AM   #202
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul Bethke View Post
The call to repentance is not what the false prophets support—they more likely will support people going on in sin.
The grass at the World Cup makes you a false prophet. That's all there is to it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 08:06 AM   #203
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The grass at the World Cup makes you a false prophet. That's all there is to it.
No, it does not---a prediction based on the possibility was issued, which did not take place—but the Word of Yahweh still remains infallible.

A false prophet is one utters that which is contrary to the Word of Yahweh.
So in no way am I guilty of that!!
Luke 21:31---Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the Kingdom of God is near.
Paul Bethke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 08:24 AM   #204
EvilBiker
Muse

No, it does not---a prediction based on the possibility was issued, which did not take place—but the Word of Yahweh still remains infallible.

Well, unless you were planning to kill the grass yourself, it must have meant that this Yahweh person told you it would happen, because you did say it would. Hence, two possibilities, not necessarily unrelated:

1. Yahweh is fallible, because no grass died after he told you it would.
2. You lied, and hence are a false prophet.

Either way, you have been somewhat left out to dry.
Old 11th June 2017, 08:28 AM   #205
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Nonsense. A false prophet tries to convince people he's a real prophet. That means he has to say things the people would expect to hear from a real prophet -- only with just enough sneaky error in them to lead the people astray. A false prophet promises to do great signs and wonders, but then comes up with lame and self-serving excuses for why he failed to do them. A real prophet actually accomplishes the things -- no excuses needed.

A false prophet doesn't necessarily know he's a false prophet, or intend to mislead. He may simply be mistaken or have delusions of grandeur.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 08:30 AM   #206
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose you feel good, if that were not so--but if it is so, you will not feel so good!!
Actually I feel pretty good writing off your claims as crackpottery, as they've been amply refuted. Your racism, etc., is what makes me feel sick. i had no idea there was such vast amounts of odious racial hatred left in the world. It sickens me.

Last edited by JayUtah; 11th June 2017 at 09:05 AM.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 09:59 AM   #207
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Signs of the End Times - Part the Third

Is there an art?

Do I not proclaim the commands of the Creator, how can that be non-answer?

What are you practicing?

In terms of giving non-answers, you've largely progressed past the "impersonating a dementia patient" stage but you have a LOOOOOONG way to go to reach the "Bill Clinton in the 1990's" level. Given your post history I think you plateaued a couple years ago.

Yes that is true, but there was no real call to repentance, repentance is the opportunity the Creator is giving people repent of the evil that is so prevalent today.

Other proclaimist just want the END to come, regardless of atonement.

Yahweh wants people to come to their senses and change their attitude.

So before the Great and terrible Day of the LORD, there will be evidence given to support the call to repentance.

And you slip back down to "dementia patient" level with your non-answers.

Sad.

Very low energy.

Mind, I'm not actually accusing you of being a dementia patient. I'm just pointing out that the non-answers you're giving make you sound like one.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 11th June 2017 at 10:03 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2017, 02:16 PM   #208
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

By your own admissions and claims, you are a false prophet.

Paul Bethke (a mortal) has claimed to have god powers of his own and Paul Bethke has claimed to be more powerful than his own God. Therefore, if the god so often spoke of by Paul Bethke does actually exist, then Paul Bethke is in serious trouble with that god.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2017, 02:34 AM   #209
halleyscomet
Philosopher

It's appropriate that a proven false prophet chooses to lie about what constitutes a prophesy in a sad, pathetic, desperate effort to claim they're not a false prophet.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2017, 11:55 PM   #210
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
It's appropriate that a proven false prophet chooses to lie about what constitutes a prophesy in a sad, pathetic, desperate effort to claim they're not a false prophet.
How very wrong you are because you as well as so many others do not understand prophecy.
It is only when a person understands the construction of Scripture as regards to the aspect of prophecy can one begin to fathom the purpose of Scripture.
A false prophet is one who distorts the word of Yahweh which he instructed his prophets to record.
I have in no way done this.

I issued a prediction based on prophecy that did not materialise.
But so did Jesus, as yet what Jesus predicted based on the prophetic content of Scripture has not yet materialised.

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Kingdom of God come with power."

So, the prophetic understanding is that this prediction based on prophecy can and will take place, so as Daniel made this prophecy decades before this prophecy must still take place in order to validate what the Creator has purposed.

Isa 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

So prophecy can be understood in this way—whatever the Creator has prophesied will prophetically take place, regardless of time.

So, the END time is when all the unfulfilled prophecies of Yahweh will take place!

So having failed with my prediction, there are still many other prophesies that are predicted that will take place. So I predict that all prophesies will take place at the END of time.

Time is as is prophesied--Romans_11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

So now the understanding of this mystery is based on what is meant!!
Old 13th June 2017, 12:00 AM   #211
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

How very wrong you are because you as well as so many others do not understand prophecy.
It is only when a person understands the construction of Scripture as regards to the aspect of prophecy can one begin to fathom the purpose of Scripture.
A false prophet is one who distorts the word of Yahweh which he instructed his prophets to record.
I have in no way done this.

I issued a prediction based on prophecy that did not materialise.
But so did Jesus, as yet what Jesus predicted based on the prophetic content of Scripture has not yet materialised.

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Kingdom of God come with power."

So, the prophetic understanding is that this prediction based on prophecy can and will take place, so as Daniel made this prophecy decades before this prophecy must still take place in order to validate what the Creator has purposed.

Isa 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

So prophecy can be understood in this way—whatever the Creator has prophesied will prophetically take place, regardless of time.

So, the END time is when all the unfulfilled prophecies of Yahweh will take place!

So having failed with my prediction, there are still many other prophesies that are predicted that will take place. So I predict that all prophesies will take place at the END of time.

Time is as is prophesied--Romans_11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

So now the understanding of this mystery is based on what is meant!!
And what does your bible tell us should be done with prophets whose predictions do not materialise?

Let's see...from Deuteronomy
18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Old 13th June 2017, 01:07 AM   #212
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
And what does your bible tell us should be done with prophets whose predictions do not materialise?

Let's see...from Deuteronomy
18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Now you must understand what it is to speak in the Name of the LORD. If you do not understand what it means, then you cannot apply it to me!!

My prediction was and is in line with prophecy, but the time is not right as the annexation for the END has not begun!!
Old 13th June 2017, 02:06 AM   #213
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Now you must understand what it is to speak in the Name of the LORD. If you do not understand what it means, then you cannot apply it to me!!

My prediction was and is in line with prophecy, but the time is not right as the annexation for the END has not begun!!
When will you be withering the grass at the 2012 world cup?
Old 13th June 2017, 02:18 AM   #214
Border Reiver
Philosopher

BS.

You tried to prophesize. What you predicted did not come to pass.
You are a false prophet.
Old 13th June 2017, 02:42 AM   #215
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
BS.

You tried to prophesize. What you predicted did not come to pass.
You are a false prophet.
You make a false statement because you do not understand the difference between prediction and prophecy.
Old 13th June 2017, 02:48 AM   #216
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

When will you be withering the grass at the 2012 world cup?
Past failures will ensure present success, please do not be disenchanted there will be predictions that will come into effect which you can relay to your friends.

You can tell them how you exchanged posts with the man who changed the world!
Just think how famous you will be, maybe even make some money out of it!
Old 13th June 2017, 02:57 AM   #217
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You make a false statement because you do not understand the difference between prediction and prophecy.
Your rationalizations for your failure did not change the fact that you failed and proved yourself to be a false prophet.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 02:59 AM   #218
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Past failures will ensure present success, please do not be disenchanted there will be predictions that will come into effect which you can relay to your friends.

Sounds like the non prophet parts of your life aren't going very well. Happy people tend not to retreat into escapist fantasies as elaborate as your.
Old 13th June 2017, 03:27 AM   #219
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I have no interest in making money by means of lies.
Old 13th June 2017, 03:38 AM   #220
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Now the lies were typed and doomsday hyped
The claims that Paul can't prove and goalposts that he loves to move
The prophets have failed again and still, he quotes them with amen
Gather around kids of all ages and watch this go to 60 pages

Oh the end times are a changin....
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 13th June 2017 at 03:53 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 04:53 AM   #221
Border Reiver
Philosopher

There is no difference in the normal usage of the language.

Your special definition is a lie that you tell yourself so that you do not have to face the consequences of your actions. There is a six letter word used to describe that - starts with a "C", ends with a "D".
Old 13th June 2017, 06:34 AM   #222
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Now you must understand what it is to [b]speak in the Name of the LORD.
No you don't. The Bible makes that clear. You're a false prophet. At this stage, the only "lord" you could possibly speak for would be Satan, if you accepted him as your master.

Your refusal to repent for your past blasphemes will come back to bite you in the ass if the deity you claim to worship is real.

See?

Pridefully and satanically clinging to your errors, pretending that your failed prophesies were not failed prophecies.

Satan's grasp upon you is strong.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 13th June 2017 at 06:40 AM.
Old 13th June 2017, 06:38 AM   #223
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

No, there is no practical difference. You're redefining "prophecy" to mean something else -- actually a host of different things -- so that you can excuse your failure. Proper coping with failure doesn't include retrospectively changing the rules to make it seem like you didn't lose.
Old 13th June 2017, 06:46 AM   #224
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Past failures will ensure present success...
Past failures do not go away simply because you hope to improve. There are consequences for failure, and the consequence for failure as a prophet is that you are forever a false prophet. What separates a prophet from someone who is simply a good guesser is that the prophet gets it right the first time. Given sufficient do-overs, anyone could pretend to be a prophet.

Quote:
please do not be disenchanted there will be predictions that will come into effect which you can relay to your friends.
We've pressed you many times for them, but you just put us off. From that we conclude that you learned from your past mistakes and will no longer give specific prophecies that you fear will not come true. Learning in this way means you are cognizant of what your critics are looking for, and you're deliberately avoiding it in order to continue playing your game. That's more consistent with being a charlatan than with being a prophet. It takes a real prophet to prophesy. Any yutz can claim he'll someday be a prophet.

Quote:
Gee, no pride there. Why would you even broach the subject of making money from what ought to be a holy endeavor? Is it your goal to be rich and famous by being a Christian prophet? It's certainly not mine, at least not by such dishonest means as falsely exploiting deeply held beliefs.
Old 13th June 2017, 06:51 AM   #225
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
No, there is no practical difference. You're redefining "prophecy" to mean something else -- actually a host of different things -- so that you can excuse your failure. Proper coping with failure doesn't include retrospectively changing the rules to make it seem like you didn't lose.
No it is you who does not understand the difference even with your claim as to knowing how to read the original languages.

You SEE, even me who cannot read the original can still fathom what the actual meaning is from the very good translations—it is very simple, but you can check it out for yourself. And when you find out you can post it here.
Old 13th June 2017, 06:56 AM   #226
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

No it is you who does not understand the difference...
There is no difference.

Quote:
You SEE, even me who cannot read the original can still fathom what the actual meaning is...
Nonsense. You're just declaring yourself to be right and calling your critics stupid for not agreeing. I get that you continue to be bitter that you cannot read the original languages, while your critics can. But that's not the issue here. You're redefining ordinary common English words to mean different things in order to soothe your bruised ego. It isn't working.
Old 13th June 2017, 09:53 AM   #227
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

There is no difference.

Nonsense. You're just declaring yourself to be right and calling your critics stupid for not agreeing. I get that you continue to be bitter that you cannot read the original languages, while your critics can. But that's not the issue here. You're redefining ordinary common English words to mean different things in order to soothe your bruised ego. It isn't working.
I am right it is a simple distinction between the two, prophecy and prediction have different applications, and as such can be seen as the wisdom of understanding the purpose of the written revelation.

They are not ordinary English words as they must be understood in the original way as they were first used by the prophets.

So again the excellent translations highlight this, which you seem not to understand.
Old 13th June 2017, 10:07 AM   #228
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I am right it is a simple distinction...
No. Prophecy is the prediction of things to come. You tried to do that and failed.

Quote:
They are not ordinary English words as they must be understood in the original way as they were first used by the prophets.
We covered this many times before. Of course we're talking about the ordinary English words because we're talking about your use of them before you failed.

Before you failed, you considered prediction to be the operative act of a prophet. When challenged to prove you were a prophet, you chose to prove it by prediction. You offered two predictions, neither of which happened. But the point is that you argued at the time that prediction was the sine qua non of a prophet.

It is only now, after you failed, that you're trying to dissociate prediction from prophecy. You're trying now to redefine words that you previously used in the sense we're referring to, so that it makes it seem like you didn't fail the test of prophecy. And you're doing it by the predictable means you always use when you try to rewrite history. You're claiming there's some way of understanding scripture that only you have mastered, and that your critics cannot master, and which somehow magically fixes all your prior errors.

No. That's just delusion.
Old 13th June 2017, 10:15 AM   #229
Zivan
Muse

I am right it is a simple distinction between the two, prophecy and prediction have different applications, and as such can be seen as the wisdom of understanding the purpose of the written revelation.
There is no distinction.

What is the hebrew word for "prediction"?

What is the hebrew word for "prophecy"?

Where in tanakh is this "distinction", between the two words, you speak of?

Quote:
Tanakh was NOT written in english.

SHOW where there is a "distinction" between the two words in tanakh.
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 10:32 AM   #230
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Well, then, let's crack open strong's Exhaustive Concordance and have a look, shall we?

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5012.htm Definition: to prophesy
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5016.htm Definition: prophecy

Why that's just the difference between the action of making a prediction/prophecy and the resulting prophecy/prediction.

The same root Hebrew word is translated as "predict" or "prophesy" based upon the whim of the translator. According to the Bible, your failed "Prediction" still makes you a false prophet no matter how much semantic ******** you try to shovel over it.

Frankly, I'm disappointed. I'd have thought by now you'd have realized there were more than enough people in this thread who can look up Hebrew words in a variety of sources to call you out on ignorant, nonsensical claims about Hebrew. I've long since lost hope that you would stop lying, but you really should stop lying about Hebrew.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 13th June 2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 13th June 2017, 11:48 AM   #231
Zivan
Muse

Well, then, let's crack open strong's Exhaustive Concordance and have a look, shall we?
I am only mentioning this because you said your son(s) were learning hebrew. Strong's "pronunciation" can be very confusing because they are not how the words are actually pronounced....

In the two examples you quoted Strong gets the definition correct, this time, but the pronunciations, as usual, are weird.

Quote:
Strong says:

"Original Word: נָבָא
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: naba
Phonetic Spelling: (naw-baw')
Short Definition: prophesy"
Zivan:
The word נבא is actually pronounced, "na-va". There is no "w", and if there was a "b" in the word it would be shown by having a dot (dagesh) inside the letter ב. But there is no dot and without it the letter ב is pronounced "v".

Transliteration: nava

Phonetic Spelling: na-va (nah-vah)

Quote:
Strong says:
"Original Word: נְבוּאָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: nebuah
Phonetic Spelling: (neb-oo-aw')
Short Definition: prophecy"

Zivan:
Same as above. No "w", no "b".

Transliteration: nevuah

Phonetic Spelling: ne-voo-ah
(the ב begins the second syllable, not ends the first)

/rant
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2017, 11:48 PM   #232
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

No. Prophecy is the prediction of things to come. You tried to do that and failed.
We covered this many times before. Of course we're talking about the ordinary English words because we're talking about your use of them before you failed.

Before you failed, you considered prediction to be the operative act of a prophet. When challenged to prove you were a prophet, you chose to prove it by prediction. You offered two predictions, neither of which happened. But the point is that you argued at the time that prediction was the sine qua non of a prophet.

It is only now, after you failed, that you're trying to dissociate prediction from prophecy. You're trying now to redefine words that you previously used in the sense we're referring to, so that it makes it seem like you didn't fail the test of prophecy. And you're doing it by the predictable means you always use when you try to rewrite history. You're claiming there's some way of understanding scripture that only you have mastered, and that your critics cannot master, and which somehow magically fixes all your prior errors.

No. That's just delusion.
There are times when words convey the real meaning. Prediction is different from prophecy, and to understand the difference makes a big difference.

When the difference is understood it will make a difference to how people view the Scriptures and the essential meaning of prayer.

So now you are still wrong and I am right, so much for your knowledge of the original languages, so go and find out what the difference is.

A clue is that one is dependent on the other and the other is a result of the one.
Old 13th June 2017, 11:51 PM   #233
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5016.htm Definition: prophecy

Why that's just the difference between the action of making a prediction/prophecy and the resulting prophecy/prediction.

The same root Hebrew word is translated as "predict" or "prophesy" based upon the whim of the translator. According to the Bible, your failed "Prediction" still makes you a false prophet no matter how much semantic ******** you try to shovel over it.

Frankly, I'm disappointed. I'd have thought by now you'd have realized there were more than enough people in this thread who can look up Hebrew words in a variety of sources to call you out on ignorant, nonsensical claims about Hebrew. I've long since lost hope that you would stop lying, but you really should stop lying about Hebrew.
Strong is not that very reliable—it is the understanding of Scripture.
Old 14th June 2017, 12:40 AM   #234
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

There are times when words convey the real meaning. Prediction is different from prophecy, and to understand the difference makes a big difference.

When the difference is understood it will make a difference to how people view the Scriptures and the essential meaning of prayer.

So now you are still wrong and I am right, so much for your knowledge of the original languages, so go and find out what the difference is.

A clue is that one is dependent on the other and the other is a result of the one.
You say this

Strong is not that very reliable—it is the understanding of Scripture.
And immediately go version shopping.

Now please address Deu 18:20-22 and how it applies to you.
Old 14th June 2017, 02:25 AM   #235
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

So before the Great and terrible Day of the LORD, there will be evidence given to support the call to repentance.
If there will be evidence before the GatDotL, and thus enough time to repent, then what does your god need you for? What do we need you for?
Old 14th June 2017, 02:50 AM   #236
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
If there will be evidence before the GatDotL, and thus enough time to repent, then what does your god need you for? What do we need you for?
Well Cosmic, you need me and the Church to tell you what to repent of, and to SEE that your repentance is in accordance with the terms of repentance.

Then you need someone to immerse you in water to symbolise your acceptance and the washing away of your guilt that you will experience in that DAY.

You will need me to announce the time when the judgments will begin and to predict events to collaborate the Gospel.

You will need me to initiate the commands to be introduced to inaugurate the Kingdom rule.

You will need me to administer the discipline of the one true Church worldwide.

You will need me to allocate the land back to Israel as it was prophesied to Abraham.

It looks like you will not be able to do without me!
Old 14th June 2017, 03:15 AM   #237
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

You say this

And immediately go version shopping.

Now please address Deu 18:20-22 and how it applies to you.
Deut 18:20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my Name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
Deut 18:21 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?"
Deut 18:22 If what a prophet proclaims in the Name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

The situation is as follows, to speak in the Name of the LORD is to speak the actual words of God. To speak what the LORD has not spoken and say the LORD has spoken is blasphemy.

So according to verse 22, I have spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of me.
But what I predicted is based on prophecy, but the time was not right and I was not prepared for the outcome as well as there were outstanding issues that I was not aware of.

But the future is clear and the upcoming predictions based on prophecy will begin to take place, then what Jesus prophesied will come into fruition.

So yes, the 2010 debacle had left me with some doubts, but now it has served to sharpen my wisdom. It has led to me SEEING the bigger picture with regards to present worldwide situation and how the Creator intends establishing his Kingdom..
Old 14th June 2017, 03:19 AM   #238
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Well Cosmic, you need me and the Church to tell you what to repent of, and to SEE that your repentance is in accordance with the terms of repentance.
You told us that the church rejected you and your teachings. Was that not true?

Then you need someone to immerse you in water to symbolise your acceptance and the washing away of your guilt that you will experience in that DAY.
I had a bath this morning. The water was too cold. I immersed myself fully and said "SWEET BABY JESUS". I'm done, you are unnecessary.

You will need me to announce the time when the judgments will begin and to predict events to collaborate the Gospel.
You have demonstrated that you are rubbish at those endeavours.

You will need me to initiate the commands to be introduced to inaugurate the Kingdom rule.
That was done thousands of years ago. It didn't work.

My, you will be a busy little bee.

You will need me to allocate the land back to Israel as it was prophesied to Abraham.
Done in 1947. Do try to keep up.

Such pride.
Old 14th June 2017, 04:57 AM   #239
Border Reiver
Philosopher

False.

The only one who can judge a person's repentance is Yahweh - all others are inadequate.

Quote:
False.

Again, if Yahweh accepts that someone has repented then he removes the guilt. The symbolic washing away of sins is only show for other people and has no actual effect - only the forgiveness by Yahweh the Bloody is important.

Quote:
False.

You've made these predictions/prophesies before and they were as false as they come.

Quote:
Funny, I thought that Yahweh was supposed to be ruling directly or through his bastard son Jesus (the product of an adulterous liaison with a teenager). You weren't mentioned.

Quote:
Why do we need you? According to Scripture, Jesus will be back and doing it himself - you aren't required.

Quote:
The Israelis did that themselves in 1947 - you are not required.

Quote:
The sheer arrogance and pride on display in your post is breathtaking.

It's all based on lies, but still...
Old 14th June 2017, 06:12 AM   #240
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Nobody needs you or your delusional beliefs.

Might wsant to check on what your imaginary pal in the sky thinks about self-appointed prophets.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy