ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 11th September 2017, 10:12 AM   #361
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,983
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
It's giving a 404 error. Is this some kind of homeopathic reasoning, where there used to be a line of argument but it's infinitely stronger now that it doesn't exist any more?

Dave
Corrected link
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/5/3/pdfs/99-0305.pdf

It doesnt help Kumar's point, or course.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 01:11 PM   #362
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,079
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Homeopaths now has proper medical training? Just at par to modern med system except difference in durgs.
No they don't.

Hans
__________________
If you love life, you must accept the traces it leaves.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 01:46 PM   #363
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 24,399
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It doesnt help Kumar's point, or course.
Yes, but to be an effective homeopathic argument in his favour it would have to refute him in its undiluted form.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 02:19 PM   #364
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,134
Thumbs down Kumar: Defends homeopathy with fallacies and a bit of a lie

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Mass presence, persistence since long and continued growth of anything should also be better evidence of creditability.
12 September 2017 Kumar: Defends homeopathy with fallacies and a bit of a lie
  1. Appeal to popularity.
    The real stupidity in the appeal to popularity fallacy is that it states that the more popular something is, the better it is. Guess how popular working conventional medicine is !
  2. An ignorant appeal to antiquity (homeopathy has only been around since 1796!)
    Quack remedies lasting for a long time does not make them medicine. They have to actually cure something first.
  3. Homeopathy is probably dying, not growing.
    Public opposition is growing as people learn more about how insane it is (active ingredients that do not work and are then removed!).
    Some hospitals are no longer offering homeopathic services.
    Some universities are shutting down homeopathic degree courses.
    The US FDA is getting tougher on OTC homeopathic remedies.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 02:29 PM   #365
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,134
Thumbs down Kumar: An ignorant fantasy that popularity = effectiveness

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
But people opting it also endorss its effectiveness.
12 September 2017 Kumar: An ignorant fantasy that popularity = effectiveness.
People experiencing the placebo effect does not make sugar pills effective.
People dying does not endorse the effectiveness of sugar pills.
People being sick does not endorse the effectiveness of sugar pills.

Bloodletting (usually to balance imaginary humors in the blood) was extremely popular for about 2000 years. It had no effectiveness.
Ditto for acupuncture which has almost no effectiveness.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 08:17 PM   #366
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
No they don't.

Hans
I know very well. See:
https://targetstudy.com/courses/bhms.html

Even they do Medical human dissection.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 08:19 PM   #367
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
No. As you have probably noticed, the qualifications are not accepted outside India.
That do not mean that they are not properly medical trainted.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 08:22 PM   #368
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Corrected link
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/5/3/pdfs/99-0305.pdf

It doesnt help Kumar's point, or course.
Thanks. That link was opening at my end.

This link seems to indicate some other reason to blood letting.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 09:08 PM   #369
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 20,134
Thumbs down Kumar: Links to a web site lying about homeopathy

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
12 September 2017 Kumar: Links to a web site lying about homeopathy.
The "highly diluted substances" in homeopathy have no active ingredients and thus do nothing.

Just because people offer degrees in homeopathy, does not mean that all homeopaths have those degrees. There are diplomas of homeopathy, etc.

Last edited by Reality Check; 11th September 2017 at 09:14 PM.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2017, 11:48 PM   #370
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,994
If I were just a little less scrupulous, I could make tons of money... There are people out there desperate to believe any old nonsense...
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 12:20 AM   #371
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
True, but by using this analogy yourself, you are now calling homeopathy a cancer.

I think I'd agree with you there, Kumar. Homeopathy is a cancer on humanity and its practice should be wiped out.
Well done.
Irrelevant! Non-sense!!
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 12:54 AM   #372
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,079
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I know very well. See:
https://targetstudy.com/courses/bhms.html

Even they do Medical human dissection.
5 1/2 years ... admission, a written test, minimum age 17. ...

Well, thank you for proving my point, Kumar.

Hans
__________________
If you love life, you must accept the traces it leaves.

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 12th September 2017 at 12:55 AM.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 01:19 AM   #373
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
5 1/2 years ... admission, a written test, minimum age 17. ...

Well, thank you for proving my point, Kumar.

Hans
It is quite ok. Nothing to arugeon it. If still not satisfied, simple google search will satisfy you. I know very well because my very close relative done it even upto MD.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 01:46 AM   #374
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,371
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I know very well. See:
https://targetstudy.com/courses/bhms.html

Even they do Medical human dissection.
Dissection by correspondence course/distance learning? Seriously, did you even read the 'course' outline? Where do they get the bodies?

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
That do not mean that they are not properly medical trainted.
I assume 'medical trainted' has nothing to do with actual, real medical training, like a actual, real doctor would do.

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Irrelevant! Non-sense!!
Which accurately describes most (all?) of your posts.

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
5 1/2 years ... admission, a written test, minimum age 17. ...

Well, thank you for proving my point, Kumar.

Hans
And you can do the course via correspondence. Just how I like my doctor trained.

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
It is quite ok. Nothing to arugeon it. If still not satisfied, simple google search will satisfy you. I know very well because my very close relative done it even upto MD.
We know Kumar, your daughter. The non doctor.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 02:01 AM   #375
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Dissection by correspondence course/distance learning? Seriously, did you even read the 'course' outline? Where do they get the bodies?



I assume 'medical trainted' has nothing to do with actual, real medical training, like a actual, real doctor would do.



Which accurately describes most (all?) of your posts.



And you can do the course via correspondence. Just how I like my doctor trained.



We know Kumar, your daughter. The non doctor.
I do not talk on this idiocy any more.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 02:45 AM   #376
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 24,399
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
I do not talk on this idiocy any more.
Oh, I suspect you will.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 03:52 AM   #377
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Oh, I suspect you will.

Dave
100% i.e A&F. If fagin do not applozize properly or punished for his/her úncivility beyond all limíts inspite of hís/her no contribution. I shall not discuss on this forum anymore. Promise.
If anyone is so addicted to doubting all, he/she should first submit scan copy of his/her DNA reports justifying truth of relations with parents, children and other blood relations, scientifically. Sorry.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 04:00 AM   #378
BillC
Bazooka Joe
 
BillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,366
My, we've come a long way since 'is PE potential to do work, or tendency of a pendulum to return to its rest position? '
__________________
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
"If homeopathy works, then obviously the less you use it, the stronger it gets. So the best way to apply homeopathy is to not use it at all." - Phil Plait
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 04:02 AM   #379
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,371
If I've been 'uncivil' I suggest you report my post to the mods.

I see nothing whatsoever I need apologise for.

Point out any inaccuracies in my post and I'll reconsider.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 04:06 AM   #380
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 24,399
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
100% i.e A&F. If fagin do not applozize properly or punished for his/her úncivility beyond all limíts inspite of hís/her no contribution. I shall not discuss on this forum anymore. Promise.
This is still talking about it.

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
If anyone is so addicted to doubting all, he/she should first submit scan copy of his/her DNA reports justifying truth of relations with parents, children and other blood relations, scientifically. Sorry.
Wrong. Skepticism allows for a reasonable level of evidence to support an unexceptional claim. In the case of homeopathy, there is good reason, on the basis of well understood physics, to be certain that there is in fact no active ingredient present in the doses given, there is overwhelming medical evidence that the fundamental "like drives out like" principle is completely incorrect, and there is ample evidence, when studies are not carefully cherry-picked, that homeopathic treatment is indistinguishable from no treatment at all. All the evidence is persuasively against it. This is in no way comparable with your strawman argument.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 06:08 AM   #381
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 5,671
Where's the vid of Randi downing a fresh bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills at the start of a live presentation?

As I recall.. they weren't very effective.
__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 06:51 AM   #382
Georg
Graduate Poster
 
Georg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 1,344
Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Where's the vid of Randi downing a fresh bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills at the start of a live presentation?

As I recall.. they weren't very effective.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
I wonder if there's any quadruple amputee dwarfs on death row? quarky
I am 38 years old. I think I can handle a horny priest! -Fran-
I think it's possible it will turn out that the whole point of human evolution is only as an intermediate step in the creation of robot hookers. -Piscivore-

Last edited by Georg; 12th September 2017 at 07:10 AM.
Georg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 07:12 AM   #383
GlennB
In search of pi(e)
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pie City, Arcadia
Posts: 20,753
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
100% i.e A&F. If fagin do not applozize properly or punished for his/her úncivility beyond all limíts inspite of hís/her no contribution. I shall not discuss on this forum anymore. Promise.
If anyone is so addicted to doubting all, he/she should first submit scan copy of his/her DNA reports justifying truth of relations with parents, children and other blood relations, scientifically. Sorry.
fagin, you know what to do. Or, rather, what not to do. We have faith in you
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 09:54 AM   #384
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,371
The power! Can I handle it? Or will I weaken in anticipation of the next thrilling episode?

Same bat **** crazy channel, same bat **** crazy time.

ps. I can be bribed with cake or bacons.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

Last edited by Agatha; 12th September 2017 at 12:06 PM. Reason: split compound words so that Otto can see the swears
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 12:24 PM   #385
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,079
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
100% i.e A&F. If fagin do not applozize properly or punished for his/her úncivility beyond all limíts inspite of hís/her no contribution. I shall not discuss on this forum anymore. Promise.
Boring, Kumar. You have promised this before. It is only an excuse to bail out of a discussion you realize you are loosing.

You always come back.

Hans
__________________
If you love life, you must accept the traces it leaves.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 07:43 PM   #386
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Boring, Kumar. You have promised this before. It is only an excuse to bail out of a discussion you realize you are loosing.

You always come back.

Hans
No. Your above statement is contradictory. I simply maintained courtesy and obligation esp to those who also contributed.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 02:09 AM   #387
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,104
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
No. Your above statement is contradictory. I simply maintained courtesy and obligation esp to those who also contributed.

Ignoring the explanations people have taken the trouble to post for you is not courteous.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 04:09 AM   #388
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Ignoring the explanations people have taken the trouble to post for you is not courteous.
Mass presence and well distributed facts even practical, legal and least side effect model could not satisfy you, it will simply suggest some perceived agenda in sefish interests or just idiócy. Those who neither contribute nor required in díscussions also neither studied at par nor A&f,, how can be entitled to do personal harsh remarks. Seems, have no respect n care for his near ones.
Any way, since, no required action is prefered, I am leaving permanently. I do got more convinced by these and other discussions, here and elsewheres, that homeopathic model does hold validity, therefore much accepted and leagaly approved and much supported.

Enjoy in you. Thanks all for wharever shared or got. See you at up. Good Bye.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 04:12 AM   #389
BillC
Bazooka Joe
 
BillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,366
See you next thread.
__________________
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
"If homeopathy works, then obviously the less you use it, the stronger it gets. So the best way to apply homeopathy is to not use it at all." - Phil Plait
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 04:28 AM   #390
BillC
Bazooka Joe
 
BillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,366
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Enjoy in you.(
I'm not enjoying in anyone who posted in this thread, thank you very much.
__________________
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
"If homeopathy works, then obviously the less you use it, the stronger it gets. So the best way to apply homeopathy is to not use it at all." - Phil Plait
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 05:17 AM   #391
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 66,128
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
practical observàtións
Are those like pragmatic cóñsîdéràtïôns?
__________________
<Roar!>
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 05:27 AM   #392
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,371
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
...

I do got more convinced by these and other discussions, here and elsewheres, that homeopathic model does hold validity, therefore much accepted and leagaly approved and much supported.

...(
I think you might have missed every single post except your own.

I eagerly await your next thread.

Goodbye until then.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 06:04 AM   #393
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 24,399
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I eagerly await your next thread.
Or your next post in this one saying you won't be posting in it any more.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 06:22 AM   #394
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,983
Ze flounce, she is difficult to stick.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 12:27 PM   #395
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,104
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Mass presence and well distributed facts even practical, legal and least side effect model could not satisfy you, it will simply suggest some perceived agenda in sefish interests...

Remind me, Kumar: whose family has a financial interest in homoeopathy?

Quote:
...or just idiócy.

No comment.

Quote:
Those who neither contribute nor required in díscussions also neither studied at par nor A&f,, how can be entitled to do personal harsh remarks.

Remember when you accused me of misappropriation of public funds because I wasn't prepared to waste my time and money trying to validate your half-baked (and obviously wrong) conjectures?

Quote:
Seems, have no respect n care for his near ones.

No, But I have little respect for people who are wilfully ignorant.

Quote:
Any way, since, no required action is prefered, I am leaving permanently. I do got more convinced by these and other discussions, here and elsewheres, that homeopathic model does hold validity, therefore much accepted and leagaly approved and much supported.

As I said, I have little respect for the wilfully ignorant.
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 12:52 PM   #396
malbui
Beauf
 
malbui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,246
So to summarise my understanding of things: Kumar has been using technical terms he doesn't understand in a language he barely speaks in order to describe mechanisms that cannot work that explain phenomena that do not exist. And now he's going home in a sulk because it's all so far beyond incoherent that it's less than worthless.

There's probably a moral in there somewhere.
__________________
"But Master! Does not the fire need water too? Does not the mountain need the storm? Does not your scrotum need kicking?"
malbui is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 01:11 PM   #397
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,079
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Mass presence and well distributed facts even practical, legal and least side effect model could not satisfy you, it will simply suggest some perceived agenda in sefish interests or just idiócy. Those who neither contribute nor required in díscussions also neither studied at par nor A&f,, how can be entitled to do personal harsh remarks. Seems, have no respect n care for his near ones.
Insults everyone and whines about being insulted. Sure....

Quote:
Any way, since, no required action is prefered, I am leaving permanently.
That is a good idea. There must be something better you can to with your time that discussing subjects you don't understand in a language you will not even try to master.


Quote:
I do got more convinced by these and other discussions, here and elsewheres, that homeopathic model does hold validity, therefore much accepted and leagaly approved and much supported.
- And we can certainly use our time better than trying to educate someone who will not be educated.

Quote:
Enjoy in you. Thanks all for wharever shared or got. See you at up. Good Bye.
I don't know where "up." is, but if I see you here again, I'm going to make quite a bit fun of you.

Bye...

Hans
__________________
If you love life, you must accept the traces it leaves.

Last edited by Agatha; 13th September 2017 at 01:19 PM. Reason: fix quote tags
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 01:30 PM   #398
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Moderator
 
Agatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 11,635
Mod Warning Amazingly, tasty delicious bacon isn't on topic in every thread. I'm not entirely sure what the topic of this thread is, but bacon isn't it. Return to discussing "potential energy -- dynamics?", please.
Posted By:Agatha
__________________
Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet. Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 07:15 PM   #399
Peregrinus
Muse
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 733
Just a bit of fun attached to the A&F trope kumar seemed obsessed with.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 09:34 PM   #400
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing
 
Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,223
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post


I don't know where "up." is, but if I see you here again, I'm going to make quite a bit fun of you.

Bye...

Hans
Just to give you respect.

Making of my fun will be making your fun because my intention remains either to give dynamics or share not otherwise. I substancially achieved but people here couldn't due to ego, selfish interests, preceptions etc. I mean due to many odds embeded in constitution. Anyway enjow yourself and make your fun on your own or with others here. Best luck and thanks finally. Do not reply it pls.
__________________
To try reach to Absolute & Final(A&F) is my honest desire. Let the things be A&F or die in themselves, if odd. Just Logical & Equanimious Discussions, No commitments.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.