ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th September 2017, 10:39 PM   #401
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
..., I am leaving permanently. I do got more convinced by these and other discussions, here and elsewheres, that homeopathic model does hold validity, therefore much accepted and leagaly approved and much supported.

Enjoy in you. Thanks all for wharever shared or got. See you at up. Good Bye.
Just to give you respect.

Making of my fun will be making your fun because my intention remains either to give dynamics or share not otherwise. I substancially achieved but people here couldn't due to ego, selfish interests, preceptions etc. I mean due to many odds embeded in constitution. Anyway enjow yourself and make your fun on your own or with others here. Best luck and thanks finally. Do not reply it pls.
That didn't last long
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:46 PM   #402
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Funny that Kumar mentions the story about the boy who cried wolf so much... He's promised to leave for real now many times, but each time he comes back.

Can't let the truth have the last word, and has to defend the ridiculous quackery of 18th century water magic.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:46 PM   #403
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Making of my fun will be making your fun because my intention remains either to give dynamics or share not otherwise.

Your intention is nothing other than to have your conjectures validated, probably due to vested interest and ego. You are not interested in critical evaluation or discussion. You ignore anything that contradicts you (which, because you are almost always wrong, is most of the responses you get).

Quote:
I substancially achieved but people here couldn't due to ego, selfish interests, preceptions etc.

All you have achieved is to have demonstrated that you don't understand the concepts you are trying to discuss, to have once again seen your ideas and arguments shot down in flames, and to have failed to learn anything from the experience.

And, really, you should stop claiming that other posters have "selfish interests", now that you have finally revealed yours.

Quote:
I mean due to many odds embeded in constitution.

Do you mean like the Ministry of AYUSH? Let's keep politics out of this.

Quote:
Anyway enjow yourself and make your fun on your own or with others here. Best luck and thanks finally. Do not reply it pls.

And for the third time Kumar's valet drapes a cape over him and leads him, exhausted, from the stage.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 14th September 2017 at 12:03 AM.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 01:34 AM   #404
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Do you mean like the Ministry of AYUSH? Let's keep politics out of this.

Irrelevant, Nonsense and just TTTTs ignored.

Just to relax:

No politics as of yet but appear possibility in future. Since this system(and other alike) is also a equally powerfull and international loby, well practiced and growing, leagally approved, govt supported etc., all should be bit catious to damage it in open forums. Just an indication for good.

I got much relaxation and gaining PE dynamic i.e "potential" to move any way any side. No problem in getting routine and well understood understandings as plentty are available on internet and elsewheres. Not logical to get A&F healing as well as A&F placebo, if basis is non A&F. Got many new basis for homeopathy's credentials so no regret. Thanks and Good bye.
Old 14th September 2017, 01:35 AM   #405
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

How many times can one man leave?
Old 14th September 2017, 01:58 AM   #406
Mojo
Mostly harmless

No politics as of yet but appear possibility in future. Since this system(and other alike) is also a equally powerfull and international loby, well practiced and growing, leagally approved, govt supported etc., all should be bit catious to damage it in open forums. Just an indication for good.

Is that supposed to be some sort of threat?

Quote:
I got much relaxation and gaining PE dynamic i.e "potential" to move any way any side.

No, PE is not "potential to move any way any side."

Quote:
No problem in getting routine and well understood understandings as plentty are available on internet and elsewheres.

You are claiming that well understood science is wrong, without any relevant evidence, and with, apparently, no education on the subject. You are claiming that well established science is wrong and you are right. And then accusing others of acting because of "ego".

Quote:
Not logical to get A&F healing as well as A&F placebo, if basis is non A&F.

If you eliminate sources of bias, you also eliminate the apparent effects of homoeopathy. You won't get around that by bandying around made-up acronyms.

Quote:
Got many new basis for homeopathy's credentials so no regret.

If you think that, you really haven't understood what has been posted here.

Quote:
Thanks and Good bye.

Do you mean au revoir?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 14th September 2017 at 02:00 AM.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:02 AM   #407
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
The same number, or one fewer than the number, of times one man can arrive ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:09 AM   #408
GlennB
In search of pi(e)

He's way ahead of Frank Sinatra already.
Old 14th September 2017, 02:14 AM   #409
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

It's homeopathic leaving, which means not actually leaving at all.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:15 AM   #410
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down

Is that supposed to be some sort of threat?
NO. But just feeling by looking current environment.

Quote:
No, PE is not "potential to move any way any side."
Pendulum at rest get back its maximum potential to move.

Quote:
You are claiming that well understood science is wrong, without any relevant evidence, and with, apparently, no education on the subject. You are claiming that well established science is wrong and you are right. And then accusing others of acting because of "ego".
No as I told many many times, I respect all well practiced understandings. Every system has its own limitations, pros & cons, so we can opt as we feel comfortable with.

Quote:
If you eliminate sources of bias, you also eliminate the apparent effects of homoeopathy. You won't get around that by bandying around made-up acronyms.

If you think that, you really haven't understood what has been posted here.

Do you mean au revoir?
Not to play say record again and again, I now simply got many many basis justifying homeopathy eg. molecular presense, indicative energetic presence as PE dynamic, mass & growing practical/clinical significance & observation, statical significance in accordance to nature of healing agents, least side effects, hormetic type effects, well practiced and well approved etc. etc. No issue now to me to opt it within its limitations, pros and cons.

I think, now it is much more than sufficient, so let me relax and gain more and more potentials. Avoid replying this post.
Old 14th September 2017, 02:17 AM   #411
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Addiction,flexible attitude & goodness take some time to leave. Nothing odd.
Old 14th September 2017, 02:19 AM   #412
fagin
Illuminator

Er, welcome back Kumar?
Old 14th September 2017, 02:25 AM   #413
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I now simply got many many basis justifying homeopathy eg. molecular presense,
Ironic, as there are no actual molecules of the active substance present.

indicative energetic presence as PE dynamic,
You're convinced by your own word salad?

mass & growing practical/clinical significance & observation,
Actual clinical observation says the exact opposite, though.

statical significance in accordance to nature of healing agents,
I presume you mean "statistical"; if you think this is a point in your favour, you haven't even been reading your own posts in which you try and make excuses for the absence of statistically significant effects.

least side effects,
That one, we'll concede; there are no side effects because there are no effects at all.

hormetic type effects,
Which require some actual effective ingredient, one might note.

well practiced and well approved
And finally, the bizarre supposition that doing something pointless for a very long time magically makes it effective.

Avoid replying this post.
(1) You aren't in charge of the forum, so stop telling us not to reply.
(2) This is, by my count, your sixth farewell post in this thread. At least five of your promises not to post any more have been broken; what do you think that does for your credibility?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:26 AM   #414
Dave Rogers

Addiction,flexible attitude & goodness take some time to leave. Nothing odd.
Flexible attitude?

Dave

Old 14th September 2017, 02:33 AM   #415
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Flexible attitude?

Also known as mental gymnastics.
Old 14th September 2017, 02:45 AM   #416
Mojo
Mostly harmless

"Maximum potential to move" is nothing to do with potential energy.

Quote:
No as I told many many times, I respect all well practiced understandings.

And as you have made clear by the way you have ignored "well practiced understandings" when they contradict your conjectures, what you "told many times" isn't true.

Quote:
Every system has its own limitations, pros & cons, so we can opt as we feel comfortable with.

Homoeopathy's limitations are that it requires most of established physics and chemistry to be wrong, and there is no good evidence that it works.

Quote:
Not to play say record again and again, I now simply got many many basis justifying homeopathy eg. molecular presense, indicative energetic presence as PE dynamic...

None of which has any evidence behind it, and most of which is nonsense.

Quote:
...mass & growing practical/clinical significance & observation...

An appeal to popularity, and observations that are contradicted by better evidence.

Quote:
...statical significance in accordance to nature of healing agents...

Cherry-picked positive studies, which are not supported by the results of systematic reviews.

Quote:
...least side effects, hormetic type effects, well practiced and well approved etc. etc. No issue now to me to opt it within its limitations, pros and cons.

And more incoherent nonsense.

Quote:
I think, now it is much more than sufficient...

The evidence is more than sufficient to conclude that homoeopathy doesn't work. That's why you have to fall back on the "god of the gaps" argument implicit in your invocation of "A&F".

Quote:
...so let me relax and gain more and more potentials. Avoid replying this post.

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
If this follows the typical yrreG Kumar pattern:

1. yrreG Kumar has it handed to him
2. yrreG Kumar realizes it long after everyone else does
2a. Kumar declares victory
3. yrreG Kumar turns tail and flees the thread <<< We are here
4. yrreG Kumar licks his wounds and goes into hibernation mode
5. yrreG Kumar starts a new thread and never mentions this one again

Last edited by Mojo; 14th September 2017 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Link from quotation to RoboTimbo's original post.
Old 14th September 2017, 03:43 AM   #417
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

https://youtu.be/rSWBuZws30g?t=26

"There's plenty of places I can go where people believe in me"
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:56 AM   #418
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind.
Or banged against a Bible perhaps.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 04:25 AM   #419
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Butterfly effect or Chaos theory is proved here. Mostly all actions and interactions are stored in nature to give affect to reaction and progression of nature. Casuality, 3rd law, etc.
Old 14th September 2017, 04:41 AM   #420
sackett
Illuminator

Crocdile skin! Or other body part?

This in replying by constitutional dynamics & selfish. Kumar, is it that family profit from homopathic medicine selling or not?

Do not answer inless or not pls. N give reason why.

Glad you have not left forum A & F. But not surprised also.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 04:49 AM   #421
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Butterfly effect or Chaos theory is proved here. Mostly all actions and interactions are stored in nature to give affect to reaction and progression of nature. Casuality, 3rd law, etc.

TTTT.

Old 14th September 2017, 05:29 AM   #422
fagin
Illuminator

TTTT.
Or, in simple English, wut?
Old 14th September 2017, 05:50 AM   #423
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

TTTT.
By my small action, so many reactions. It further proves Butterfly effect type homeopathic affect on one hand and disprove 3rd law since reactions are not equal to action. All interactions in nature are recorded n memorized which form the basis of reaction, casuality and butterfly éffect. This further added to homeopathic credentials.
Old 14th September 2017, 05:52 AM   #424
Mojo
Mostly harmless

By my small action, so many reactions. It further proves Butterfly effect type homeopathic affect on one hand and disprove 3rd law since reactions are not equal to action. All interactions in nature are recorded n memorized which form the basis of reaction, casuality and butterfly éffect. This further added to homeopathic credentials.

That's 20 points for item 22.

I'm not even going to attempt to score you for items 2 to 5. Life's too short.

Last edited by Mojo; 14th September 2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 14th September 2017, 06:34 AM   #425
Peregrinus
Muse

You can, of course, offer empirical data to support such claims.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 06:48 AM   #426
Argumemnon
World Maker

Thanks and Good bye.
Again?
Old 14th September 2017, 06:50 AM   #427
Argumemnon
World Maker

NO. But just feeling by looking current environment.
Wow. That lasted all of 45 minutes.

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
It's homeopathic leaving, which means not actually leaving at all.
And yet somehow it's a lot more potent than regular leaving.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:01 AM   #428
fagin
Illuminator

When's the next TTFN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gu50vq5ux4
Old 14th September 2017, 07:01 AM   #429
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Making of my fun will be making your fun because my intention remains either to give dynamics or share not otherwise.
I will make fun of your returning after yet again claming to leave.

Quote:
I substancially achieved but
How you can imagine that repeating the same failed arguments for years is an achievement in beyond me, but to each his own.

Quote:
people here couldn't due to ego, selfish interests, preceptions etc. I mean due to many odds embeded in constitution.
Insulting people is not much of an achivement.

Quote:
Anyway enjow yourself and make your fun on your own or with others here. Best luck and thanks finally. Do not reply it pls.
I reply as I please, but why should you care when you have left?

Hans
Old 14th September 2017, 07:06 AM   #430
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Oh! Welcome back, Kumar!

.... Just can't help yourself, can you? You just keep bouncing.

Hans
Old 14th September 2017, 07:49 AM   #431
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think you are not expressing yourself well here.

A pendulum at rest has potential energy from being in a gravitational field, there is no PE because the pendulum might go from rest to moving.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 07:50 AM   #432
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

More words have less meaning, neither chaos theory nor the butterfly effect support your position.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 07:52 AM   #433
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

You misunderstand the butterfly effect completely , IE sensitive dependence upon initial conditions. You are sadly mistaken. Nowhere does the butterfly effect violate Newtons laws or causality.

You toss spaghetti and see what sticks approach is less effective than you seem to feel
Old 14th September 2017, 08:32 AM   #434
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Or what? You'll sic homeopathic Interpol on us? Bring it!

Oh, and https://youtu.be/rW9-FOLG-iA
Old 14th September 2017, 09:21 AM   #435
sackett
Illuminator

Oh oh. Looking out pls.

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Or what? You'll sic homeopathic Interpol on us? Bring it!

Oh, and https://youtu.be/rW9-FOLG-iA
I seeing you never realise goondah effect, oh my goodness no damn bloody right. Homeopathic pundits can spend crores of $$$$ they have for inforcing bit better manners, along kneecap & ect.

I saying this, not kumar. Kumar & Daugjters Ltd. very discreet. Word too wise plenty enough I am thinking.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 04:17 PM   #436
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Kumar: Gibberish looking like a delusion that homeopathy works

It further proves Butterfly effect type homeopathic affect on one hand and disprove 3rd law since reactions are not equal to action.
15 September 2017 Kumar: Gibberish looking like a fantasy that homeopathy works and works by the butterfly effect.
Butterfly effect
Quote:
The butterfly effect is a concept that states "small causes can have larger effects".

This concept was initially used in theories about weather prediction but later the term became a popular metaphor in science writing.[1]

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state. [2]
15 September 2017 Kumar: Gibberish looking like a fantasy about Newton's third law which is not disproved by the irrelevant butterfly effect.

All interactions in nature are recorded n memorized which form the basis of reaction, casuality and butterfly éffect. This further added to homeopathic credentials.
15 September 2017 Kumar: A lie about "reaction, casuality and butterfly éffect" being based on his imaginary recording and memorizing of interactions.
The butterfly effect has nothing to do with his fantasy. It is simply that small effects in a system can use energy in the system to cause large effects. An interesting example - a feather can be used to demolish a building!
All we need to do is have a mechanism to turn its small (like a butterfly) effect into a large (like a hurricane) effect. The way to do this is to set up a line of dominos. The first can be toppled by the feather. The next is half again as tall and heavier. Ditto for the next and next. A small number of these dominos will end up with a building sized domino (about number 20) which would be placed next to the building to be demolished. Topple the first domino with the feather and the dominos topple until the last one smashes the building.
  1. 7 September 2017 Kumar: What is "potentiality" in science?
  2. 7 September 2017 Kumar: Persists with the fantasy that a ball thrown horizontally against a wall returns at the same height.
  3. 8 September 2017 Kumar: Idiotic demand to read many studies on already debunked homeopathy, analyze them and tell him about them!
  4. 8 September 2017 Kumar: A lie about systematic reviews of all studies that show homeopathy is no better than placebo.8 September 2017 Kumar: A lie about heat being relevant to the delusion of homeopathy.
  5. 8 September 2017 Kumar: A rather stupid "how force applied or work done for preparing the remedies will be accounted" question.
  6. 8 September 2017 Kumar: The science is Absolute & Final delusion pops up yet again.
  7. 11 September 2017 Kumar: If homeopaths were competent, they would stop being homeopaths because they would know high school level science!
  8. 11 September 2017 Kumar: An implied delusion that only homeopaths can do "clinical observations" on homeopathy.
  9. 12 September 2017 Kumar: Defends homeopathy with fallacies and a bit of a lie
  10. 12 September 2017 Kumar: An ignorant fantasy that popularity = effectiveness.
  11. 12 September 2017 Kumar: Links to a web site lying about homeopathy.

Last edited by Reality Check; 14th September 2017 at 04:38 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 08:36 PM   #437
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
I seeing you never realise goondah effect, oh my goodness no damn bloody right. Homeopathic pundits can spend crores of $$$$ they have for inforcing bit better manners, along kneecap & ect.

I saying this, not kumar. Kumar & Daugjters Ltd. very discreet. Word too wise plenty enough I am thinking.
Chronic Doubting nature or non-believings can encourage too much unnececessaryand unrealistic speculations. Better to correct self and gain confidence.......feel like as if "I am not doing odd, how odd can happen to me".
Old 14th September 2017, 09:45 PM   #438
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Oh! Welcome back, Kumar!

.... Just can't help yourself, can you? You just keep bouncing.

Hans
No. Just finishing touch.

Double standards here: While anticipite non A&F basis for self but ask for A&F basis by others. Somewhat like for example: No DNA reports for self but ask for DNA reports from others.

The above can not be justified and sustainable. To get A&F(full) placebo benefits, A&F faith is must. Enjoy.
Old 14th September 2017, 09:49 PM   #439
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Ze flounce, she is difficult to stick.

So very, very true.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:17 PM   #440
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

No. Just finishing touch.

Double standards here: While anticipite non A&F basis for self but ask for A&F basis by others. Somewhat like for example: No DNA reports for self but ask for DNA reports from others.

The above can not be justified and sustainable. To get A&F(full) placebo benefits, A&F faith is must. Enjoy.
This is nonsense, Kumar. Nobody ever asked A&F evidence from you. All we asked was just a shred of evidence. You never produced any. Just uninformed speculation.

I'm sorry to say this, but you have been a total failure.

Hans

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology