ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags General Skepticism humor , logical fallacies , pedophilia conspiracies

Old 28th September 2017, 01:34 PM   #321
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
Wow, that is some smoking gun. A z-list musician spews some self-aggrandizing yellow gossip to acquaintances, film at 11!

What does cocaine have to do with child rape, again?
Cocaine is the gateway drug to child rape, don't you know?

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2017, 01:51 PM   #322
carlitos
"más divertido"

That guy is convincing. Apparently "Justin Beaver" and "Brett Pitt" are involved as well.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2017, 03:41 PM   #323
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
That guy is convincing. Apparently "Justin Beaver" and "Brett Pitt" are involved as well.
Who?

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2017, 08:49 PM   #324
carlitos
"más divertido"

Exactly.

ETA:

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Who?
Oh, sorry. This video was right above my post when I posted it. Sometimes this happens with tapatalk - it shows what you post at the bottom of the current page, not in its correct place in the thread. Also, tapatalk shows videos on the screen even if they only appear as links here, so I assumed that everyone could see the video. My mistake.

In this video, he mentioned Mr. Beaver and Brett Pitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bVeznO1s8

Last edited by carlitos; 28th September 2017 at 08:52 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2017, 12:25 AM   #325
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
OK, the DM does indeed objectify women. One need only peek at the related articles about celebs in bikinis on their holidays. Most of whom are deeply unattractive and uninteresting and shallow.

But it is worse. Have a list of things alphabetically listed that the DM claims are carcinogens.
http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/tablo...m-a-to-z.html/
Yes, they are cataloguing every substance known to man as either causing, or preventing cancer.
I am also unsure if they ever heard of a Jack The Ripper theory they did not declare to have solved the mystery.

But this is an aside. A story can not be considered accurate because it was included in the rag, or dismissed out of hand. It does however suggest a reason to be sceptical, until more substantial evidence is produced.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2017, 06:38 PM   #326
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
So are pedophiles in power or not?
Where? Church ? Boy Scouts?

etc

Last edited by Bubba; 29th September 2017 at 06:41 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 01:55 AM   #327
Parsman
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

etc
Anywhere. Any organisation. As has been noted above no one here is saying there couldn't be paedophiles in positions of power. Statistically it is possible if not likely (going by the 1 - 5% figure) but that is not paedophilia being in a position of power. allowing even the 5% figure, 30 or so Members of the British Parliament or 5 US Senators are not "in power". At best they might exercise some fringe influence. There is little to no evidence of systemic power being wielded in any organisation by paedophiles which is why this is being discussed here under "conspiracy theory".

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 02:34 AM   #328
Henri McPhee
Graduate Poster

etc
The point is that if Macron, or Edouard de Rothschild in France were pedophiles it might affect their policies towards adults. They might only be sexually attracted to children between five and eleven.

There was a paedophile scandal a few years ago involving Lord Robertson, a Scot with a senior position in Nato at the time. That was a position of influence and he resigned:

www.rense.com/general89/brownpd.htm
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 08:07 AM   #329
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
The point is that if Macron, or Edouard de Rothschild in France were pedophiles it might affect their policies towards adults. They might only be sexually attracted to children between five and eleven.

There was a paedophile scandal a few years ago involving Lord Robertson, a Scot with a senior position in Nato at the time. That was a position of influence and he resigned:

For pete's sake, can you CTers stop linking the Rothschilds with EVERY so-called "conspiracy" under the sun? It's getting old.

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 08:56 AM   #330
carlitos
"más divertido"

RENSE.com equals fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th September 2017, 09:03 AM   #331
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
For pete's sake, can you CTers stop linking the Rothschilds with EVERY so-called "conspiracy" under the sun? It's getting old.
As the old saying goes: there's no show without Punch.
Craig B is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 09:34 AM   #332
Civet
Graduate Poster

You are mistaken. None of the people you mention are known to be pedophiles. The source you link to is either a comedy site or simply rubbish. I should expect that any pedophile who attained such a lofty position would have every incentive to conceal his nature and would likely avoid advocating any policy that might expose him.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 09:47 AM   #333
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

The point is that if Macron, or Edouard de Rothschild in France were pedophiles it might affect their policies towards adults. They might only be sexually attracted to children between five and eleven.]

No, no, the point is that if the Grand Poobah of Nambia had a fetish for domestic cats wearing little top hats then it might affect his policies on taxing pet food and evening dress.

Completely made up and entirely hypothetical imagined corruption deserves to be considered with due seriousness.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 12:49 PM   #334
tinribmancer

Exactly.

ETA:

Oh, sorry. This video was right above my post when I posted it. Sometimes this happens with tapatalk - it shows what you post at the bottom of the current page, not in its correct place in the thread. Also, tapatalk shows videos on the screen even if they only appear as links here, so I assumed that everyone could see the video. My mistake.

In this video, he mentioned Mr. Beaver and Brett Pitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bVeznO1s8
This guy looks like ****, and I'm pretty sure he just took some too.

Katy Perry? The first nutter who doesn't claim she's that Ramsey girl?

This guy says that more and more celebrities are confirming that there are Elite Pedo rings in Hollywood, and he can tell you it's a fact that there are elite pedo rings in Hollywood...

This smells like a steaming turd! I've never heard any celebrity saying that there are elite pedo rings in Hollywood. Sure, Hollywood isn't as "Sunshine & Happiness" as it turns out to be (lot's of poverty). But Elite Pedo rings controlled by the Imaginatti?

Fact? What facts? That some weirdo on youpoop that looks like a junkie is saying it?

Frodo from Lord Of The Rings said that Hollywood is run by Pedos? What? Can someone tell me what he really said that made the cranks go wild?

2:22: Oh, god. This Pizzagate **** again.

"Elite Political World"? Is he talking about the Shadow Gubmints? And they're all into Pedophilia, and he knows this... how?

At 2:40, he reveals that he's a David Icke fanboy, since he thinks they're all reptiles. What kind of reptiles? Shape-shifting ones? Flesh-eating Penguin types? Ferret-Lizard species?

3:30: Argumentum ad YouTube

3:45: "Regardless whether it's fake news or not, I support the articles that are coming out"?

...I think I just lost some braincells...

4:00: another Ad Hominem...

4:20-4:27: ...from what planet is he getting this stuff? Zork?

4:45: And now he's using a REAL operation (Yewtree), to make his bollocks look like "truth"...

5:14: Ok, that's just BS. Bill Clinton went to Jeffrey Ebsteen (probably misspelled his name)'s Orgy island 26 times to have sex with kids. And Hillary is involved too. Proof? Other than Kookshites?

5:25: No, what we need to do, is put people like you in the nuthouse. And what Youpoop should do (which they won't, 'cause ****** moderation and stuff...), is getting rid of these accounts. They're just polluting the site.

And this guy has 12K subs?

This is the reason why I never watch any CT-vids. There's no logic in their "facts" and I get something like the beginning of a headache from stuff that makes no sense.

Now, I'm going to look for those missing braincells that crawled out of my ear...

JC Denton

Last edited by tinribmancer; 30th September 2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 30th September 2017, 01:02 PM   #335
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Even if we presume that the person in question was a pedophile and resigned because of it (I have not bothered to check) if you are going to allege that this might affect their policies, what prevents observation of those effects? Anything might happen. What did?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 01:46 PM   #336
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

The guy in that video is clearly mentally disturbed. And obsessed with pedophilia rings, shocker.

I truly can't comprehend how anyone could find any facet of it convincing evidence for anything, apart from its creator's lascivious fixations and bug-poo insanity.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 08:48 PM   #337
Bubba
Master Poster

Allegedly, FAA flight logs have Bill Clinton aboard Epstein's "Lolita Express" as many as 26 times.

(from google search.....bill clinton 26 times on epstein's flight log )

fox news said:

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2017, 09:27 PM   #338
Bubba
Master Poster

More Merry Martian Mischief

Just for fun.

Four Rover pics catch shadow of Martian Mechanic during Curiosity's annual brake job and wheel alignment

Hilarious however how it looks like the 'man's legs' are standing straight, then crouching, bent at knees. I wonder what it actually is, causing the shadow.

http://ewao.com/2016/06/02/nasas-cur...ian-astronaut/
Old 30th September 2017, 11:52 PM   #339
Elagabalus
Graduate Poster

Just for fun.

Four Rover pics catch shadow of Martian Mechanic during Curiosity's annual brake job and wheel alignment

Hilarious however how it looks like the 'man's legs' are standing straight, then crouching, bent at knees. I wonder what it actually is, causing the shadow.

http://ewao.com/2016/06/02/nasas-cur...ian-astronaut/
Nope! Make a 3D model of the Curiosity Rover in EVERY detail. Place the sun in the same place overhead to generate the appropriate shadow and then get back to me ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 12:00 AM   #340
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

Allegedly, FAA flight logs have Bill Clinton aboard Epstein's "Lolita Express" as many as 26 times.

(from google search.....bill clinton 26 times on epstein's flight log )

fox news said:

Clinton’s presence aboard Jeffrey Epstein’s Boeing 727 on 11 occasions has been reported, but flight logs show the number is more than double that, and trips between 2001 and 2003 included extended junkets around the world with Epstein and fellow passengers identified on manifests by their initials or first names, including “Tatiana.” The tricked-out jet earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.
You make a claim about FAA logs, then quote something that is not an FAA log. Let’s first establish if your claim is even plausible:

What information about the flights will the FAA logs hold? The bed? The girls? Any information relevant to alleged sexual acts at all?

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 12:41 AM   #341
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Seriously, does Google not work where you live?

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 02:07 AM   #342
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
More baseless witch-hunting. If they were paedophiles, they would be paedophiles. No _ _ _ _, Sherlock. Do you have any evidence, or are you just mud-slinging?

No, there wasn't, and no, he didn't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/23/wo...bertson&st=nyt
Old 1st October 2017, 02:46 AM   #343
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Henri, you appear to be eagerly quoting every baseless, ******** witchhunt claim you can find. Is it actually your plan to cry wolf so many times that everyone ceases to believe child molesters even exist?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 04:13 AM   #344
Parsman
Critical Thinker

Yeah was going to say about Lord Robertson, he was a typical Scottish Labour machine politician and I couldn't stand him. However in the goldfish bowl that is Scottish politics if there had been even a whiff of this kind of scandal we would all have heard about it (all being any Scot with any interest in politics). I never had until Henri crawled out from under whichever stone he was lurking under this week.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 07:48 AM   #345
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Bubba, your constant Just Asking Questions posts have become extremely tiresome. I wish you would stop.
Old 1st October 2017, 09:10 AM   #346
fagin
Illuminator

Shouldn't this be in humour?

Not because it's funny, but where else could silly stuff go.
Old 1st October 2017, 11:10 AM   #347
sts60
Master Poster

I'm not interested in regurgitation of some ignorant crackpot's claim. How about skipping the JAQ routine just once? Are you capable of doing that?

What do you claim it is, if not the rover?
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 11:33 AM   #348
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The chances of anything living on Mars are a million to one,he said
A Million to One
But Still They Come...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 11:48 AM   #349
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
I'm not interested in regurgitation of some ignorant crackpot's claim. How about skipping the JAQ routine just once? Are you capable of doing that?

What do you claim it is, if not the rover?

What questions?

No questions seen in OP. Two seen in your post though.

I would not claim it is anything other than a trick of light and shadow which happens to vaguely resemble a person standing and then crouching a little.

Relax, Just for fun, as the OP's first sentence says.

Note the non-question at end of OP:

Quote:
I wonder what it actually is, causing the shadow.
Old 1st October 2017, 12:19 PM   #350
Bubba
Master Poster

Playboy magazine? Who knew?

...a paper by Judith A. Reisman, PhD: Playboy's Child Centerfolds and Child Playmates

Quote:
The Injurious ‘Four-Fold’ Design to Eroticize Girl Children

The following analysis addresses the use of the child in Playboy’s sexual milieu. A “centerfold” was a picture on a sheet of paper that was inserted into the middle of a publication. The original July 1977 Playboy“biography” displayed three little girl photos below a childish “handwritten” page. Turning the page, one saw the naked Centerfold along side her child photos, automatically eroticizing the girl child--hence girl children as a “class.” However, in recent times Playboy introduced a four-foldout centerfold. This new fold allows the child’s photos to open up over the lower body of her naked Playmate self.
Old 1st October 2017, 12:51 PM   #351
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

...a paper by Judith A. Reisman, PhD: Playboy's Child Centerfolds and Child Playmates
Reisman, a crank who writes for WorldNutDaily. Sure.
Old 1st October 2017, 12:54 PM   #352
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Except that it isn't true and rense is a crackpot site.
Old 1st October 2017, 12:55 PM   #353
fagin
Illuminator

What questions?

No questions seen in OP.

Plus some more words...
And yet more words...

Just because you are question mark challenged doesn't mean it's not a question...
Old 1st October 2017, 01:00 PM   #354
fagin
Illuminator

Question marks. No doubt this time you're asking questions.
Old 1st October 2017, 01:03 PM   #355
Bubba
Master Poster

Quote:
Quote:
by Bubba View Post
And yet more words...

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Just because you are question mark challenged doesn't mean it's not a question...
Here's one for ya

Could it be Rover parts?
Old 1st October 2017, 01:05 PM   #356
fagin
Illuminator

Do think that's more likely than a Martian mechanic?
Old 1st October 2017, 01:12 PM   #357
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Reisman, a crank who writes for WorldNutDaily. Sure.

Why get all ad hominem?

The images and quotes she presents tell their own story. What's that term for not looking at data ? I dont know, maybe its something like shooting the messenger.

(not saying you did not look, btw)

eta
Why get all ad hominem when images and quotes tell their own story?

Last edited by Bubba; 1st October 2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 1st October 2017, 01:26 PM   #358
carlitos
"más divertido"

The term for not looking at data that wasn't linked is ... please post a link?
Old 1st October 2017, 01:40 PM   #359
Bubba
Master Poster

The term for not looking at data that wasn't linked is ... please post a link?
Ooops, sorry, my bad. But there is the google

I think some of what she says is just common sense, about encouraging behavior/tendencies, true no matter who delivers the message.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/33663207/...hild-Playmates
Old 1st October 2017, 01:41 PM   #360
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Do think that's more likely than a Martian mechanic?
It must be a Martian, because it seems to be about three feet tall.

Here is the Rover in relation to humans:

Hans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nasa-curiosity.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg (143.5 KB, 6 views)

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal