ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Madalch
The Jester

Canadian GG vents about non-scientific thinking.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gg-p...ange-1.4383562

Our governor general publicly complains about people believing in homeopathy, creationism, and astrology. Naturally, people are horrified that she attacked their pet beliefs, and therefore those of the majority of Canadians (because everyone agrees with them, eh?).
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:17 AM   #2
Argumemnon
World Maker

What's this aboot, eh?

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:26 AM   #3
3point14
Pi

Can we do some sort of a work exchange thing? We can send Boris to Canada and we can have Payette?

We are lions, not tigers.
Turns out I don't know a lot about tigers.
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:00 AM   #4
Segnosaur
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Madalch View Post

Our governor general publicly complains about people believing in homeopathy, creationism, and astrology. Naturally, people are horrified that she attacked their pet beliefs, and therefore those of the majority of Canadians (because everyone agrees with them, eh?).
Wow amazing...

I didn't even know we had a new Governor General. I guess all the politics going on in the U.S. has sucked away much of the attention that I might have given to Canadian issues.

You missed part of her attack, where she also addressed Global warming (which will probably be the more controversial part of her statements.)

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 01:06 PM   #5
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Wow amazing...

I didn't even know we had a new Governor General. I guess all the politics going on in the U.S. has sucked away much of the attention that I might have given to Canadian issues.

The only reason I knew about it was googling to find out why an F-18 was circling my house that day.
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
The only reason I knew about it was googling to find out why an F-18 was circling my house that day.
Must have been a very small F-18.
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:10 PM   #7
Noztradamus
Illuminator

Slightky intrigued by the latest comment to the article

Quote:
Humans cause global warming. Stop all immigration or the coastal cities will be swallowed by the sea.
Yeah, they should stay in their own countries and have THEIR coastal cities swallowed by the sea
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:10 PM   #8
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Wow amazing...

I didn't even know we had a new Governor General.
Usually a GG is just a glorified "ribbon cutter" and is scarcely known even in their own country. They are normally selected for their ability to keep their mouth shut (except when outlining the government's agenda in a parliamentary address) but occasionally somebody thinks that they have something interesting to say.

Of course, as a representative of the Queen, GGs have some powers of their own ....
Old 4th November 2017, 07:29 AM   #9
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Wow amazing...

You missed part of her attack, where she also addressed Global warming (which will probably be the more controversial part of her statements.)
It's hard to take your eyes off a slow motion train wreck to watch two people exchange insurance information after a fender bender.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 02:12 PM   #10
Armitage72
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
Slightky intrigued by the latest comment to the article

Yeah, they should stay in their own countries and have THEIR coastal cities swallowed by the sea

I suspect that they fail to understand the role of the word "global". People cause global warming, therefore countries that have more people have more global warming. We can control global warming in a particular location by limiting the population.

Kind of like the satire letter that was in the news years ago blaming global warming on Daylight Savings Time, since it produces more hours of sunlight.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 03:12 PM   #11
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Madalch View Post

Good for him - and wish our politicians were brave enough to call **** "****"!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 05:24 PM   #12
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Good for him - and wish our politicians were brave enough to call **** "****"!!!
Her. And it's not a political position. Otherwise, yeah!
Old 6th November 2017, 05:46 PM   #13
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
The troops provided her with her inaugural 21-gun salute that day.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics