ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Reply
Old 15th November 2017, 07:35 AM   #81
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,078
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Yup. Exactly likewise: Massei and Nencini. "Spiked, eviscerated, trashed. Their opinion has no worth whatsoever".

Or didn't you know that?
On the contrary, all the judicial motivation reports are potential evidence of violations of rights under the European Convention of Human Rights, even if the verdicts are quashed.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 07:44 AM   #82
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,078
Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
It's entirely moot now, because Knox and Sollecito were of course acquitted definitively on that charge by the Supreme Court.

But what it does do is show rather vividly the incompetence and/or bias of the Nencini court.......
Under Italian law, CPP Article 649.2, it is the responsibility of the judge in a trial where there is an instance of double jeopardy to note the double jeopardy to deliver a judgment of dismissal or of no grounds to proceed at any stage and instance of the proceedings, specifying the cause in the operative part of the judgment.

The Marasca CSC panel did note in the text of their motivation report that Knox and Sollecito had been finally acquitted of the first two elements of Charge D (theft of 300 euros and two credit cards) even though the Nencini appeal court had convicted them of these charges. The Marasca CSC panel short-form verdict listed an acquittal with specification "the accused did not commit the act (crime) for Charge D" with mentioning the double jeopardy by violation perpetrated by the Nenicini court.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 07:47 AM   #83
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,936
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
On the contrary, all the judicial motivation reports are potential evidence of violations of rights under the European Convention of Human Rights, even if the verdicts are quashed.

Oh yes, absolutely. But I was replying in the context set out in Vixen's "argument" - i.e. in respect of the murder-related criminal charges against Knox and Sollecito. Vixen is very fond of shouting about Chieffi's annulment of Hellman's verdicts/motivations on the murder-related charges. Yet she's consistently strangely silent on the Supreme Court's annulment of the Nencini (and, by extension, Massei) verdicts/motivations on the murder-related charges. Why is that? Why is that, Vixen....?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 08:18 AM   #84
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,828
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
On the contrary, all the judicial motivation reports are potential evidence of violations of rights under the European Convention of Human Rights, even if the verdicts are quashed.
I just can't believe that a poster in this forum wants to talk about the long-since debunked "sex on a train" factoid.

Long.

Since.

Debunked.

But here we go again. Throw in a "going after all sorts of married men", and a characterization of her book as "semi-porno".... and whose mind are we being treated to a tour of? You would think that posters with this view would be a little more humble with Mignini's recent humiliation in court over his defamation claims, or Nick van der Leek's recent humiliation of bringing guilters and innocentisti together for one brief moment over NvdL's alleged plagiarism.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 15th November 2017 at 08:20 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 08:44 AM   #85
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,078
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I just can't believe that a poster in this forum wants to talk about the long-since debunked "sex on a train" factoid.

Long.

Since.

Debunked.

But here we go again. Throw in a "going after all sorts of married men", and a characterization of her book as "semi-porno".... and whose mind are we being treated to a tour of? You would think that posters with this view would be a little more humble with Mignini's recent humiliation in court over his defamation claims, or Nick van der Leek's recent humiliation of bringing guilters and innocentisti together for one brief moment over NvdL's alleged plagiarism.
Apparently, the PGP claim that the (PGP fictional) apology from Sollecito and Gumbel to Mignini has been delayed. However, we all know that this "apology" will be forthcoming soon after the sun becomes a white dwarf star.

It's useful to remember that the arguments made by the PGP against Knox (and on those few occasions when he is remembered by them, Sollecito) are all part of a conspiracy theory. Sometimes, posters here have confused the term "conspiracy theory" with actual conspiracies, such as collusion between police and prosecution to press charges against a person known to be innocent. For a brief introduction to the topic of "conspiracy theory", see, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

One excerpt from the above example:

{A conspiracy theory incorporates the evidence against it, and so tends to be} a closed system that is unfalsifiable, and therefore "a matter of faith rather than proof".
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 10:11 AM   #86
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,828
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Apparently, the PGP claim that the (PGP fictional) apology from Sollecito and Gumbel to Mignini has been delayed. However, we all know that this "apology" will be forthcoming soon after the sun becomes a white dwarf star.
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

Oh wait......
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 10:50 AM   #87
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Do read Massei and Nencini closely for the forensic science, rather than PR sites run by Knox supporters.

Micheli is also good.
Ah yes, you mean such as Luminol positive traces that tested negative with TMB, negative for DNA but nonetheless were made from Meredith's blood because 'what else could it be' -- Yeah, Massei and Nencini are very impressive when it comes to their forensic science knowledge. Too bad there isn't a forensic expert in the world that would agree with this conclusion, but whatever...
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:01 AM   #88
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
OK, fair enough. However, Douglas was the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Mignini was on the frontline of the case, at the crime scenes, consulting directly with the detectives charged with investigating the case.

His profiling of the perpetrators is bound to be more educated and accurate than some retired FBI-agent lounging on his sunbed.
You concede the error and then immediately stumble into three new ones.

1. A criminal profiler need not be "on the frontline" as you put it. They create their profile based on known characteristics of the crime(s) so location is irrelevant.

2. Profiling is a specialized skill that very few people have. Mignini is a prosecutor, he does not do criminal profiling.

3. At the time Douglas provided a profile for the MoF case he was very much an active FBI agent, not "retired... lounging on his sunbed".
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:03 AM   #89
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Hellmann was spiked, eviscerated, trashed.

His opinion has no worth whatsoever.
Likewise Massei and Nencini but that doesn't seem to stop you from quoting them incessantly.
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:19 AM   #90
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
What has this got to do with the thread subject matter?

Massive failure of logic here. Happily married sex or with long-term or short-term partner does NOT equate to indiscriminate promiscuous sex with random strangers, sometime in public places.

It is a clinical fact that one of the criteria of Hare's Diagnostic for psychopathy is:

- Reckless promiscuity.

This does not mean that Hare is:

- unhappily married
- has no sex
- is a Christian/Muslim/Jew/Wiccan/Hindi/Jain/Sikh/Bronze Age Ba'al worshipper

Nor can you tell whether he looks more like George Clooney or Danny de Vito, or if female, would be 'old' or a 'crone'.

Hare's Diagnostic is a scientifically devised diagnostic tool for clinical psychologists and pyschiatrists, which is legally recognised.

Hence all your nonsence about 'I know happily married people who enjoy sex' is more worthy of a newspaper comments page, than a considered debating point.

As for your argument, 'Mez was banging the guy downstairs, therefore she is exactly the same as Amanda Knox who had sex with random cocaine dealers ten years older than her in a public train toilet, together with no end of sex with married men' [see her actual bragging about this in her semi porno-WTBH], it is clearly rubbish. Mez was in a normal relationship. Knox was on a campaign to have lots of sex wherever she could, as stated in her own book.

She clearly fulfills one of the Diagnostics for psychopathy. Another criteria fullfilled is her glib capacity for compulsive lying.

Criminal behaviour is another. She remains in perpetuity a convicted felon of a serious crime.
Hmmm, so maybe you're also a psychopath given your glib capacity for compulsive lying. Case in point your claim of Douglas being vindictive in his profiling of the MoF because he had a vendetta against Mignini. The claim is provably false and that means you deliberately lied in order to try to make a point. Maybe we should next examine your sex life under a microscope and see if we can fill another criteria.

What's good for the goose...
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:31 AM   #91
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Amanda Knox had just US$4,500 to live on. There is no way she was there for longer than a few months.

As for John Douglas, he is an unabashed supporter of rightly convicted murderers such as Steven Avery, the WM3 and the Kercher killers (the plural is a legal fact), using the influence of his name to try to get them off the hook from his armchair.
I told you how long she was planning to be there; nine months and then a summer session in Rome.

As for only having $4500 in her bank account, according to Dempsey:

Quote:
Amanda, on the other hand, had a well-stocked bank account and a part-time job in Perugia. Not only did Amanda have more than $4,000 in her checking account, but her family was holding another $9,000 in reserve.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/20...was-not-there/
Do you have any evidence otherwise?


She was also working. Now, if you want to speak about someone who was actually in desperate need of money, Guede comes to mind.

As for Douglas, his support of "rightly convicted killers" is an opinion of yours. Then again, I don't think I've ever seen you agree that anyone was not rightly convicted.
The only reason Douglas' professionalism, knowledge, and experience is ever questioned is because he does not back the PGP beliefs. Therefore, he must be denigrated and accused of being a shill. It is the standard PGP method of operation. They do it to Gill, Hampikian and any other expert who dares to speak out in favor of Knox and Sollecito. Very telling of the way so many PGP think.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:31 AM   #92
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Apparently, the PGP claim that the (PGP fictional) apology from Sollecito and Gumbel to Mignini has been delayed. However, we all know that this "apology" will be forthcoming soon after the sun becomes a white dwarf star.

It's useful to remember that the arguments made by the PGP against Knox (and on those few occasions when he is remembered by them, Sollecito) are all part of a conspiracy theory. Sometimes, posters here have confused the term "conspiracy theory" with actual conspiracies, such as collusion between police and prosecution to press charges against a person known to be innocent. For a brief introduction to the topic of "conspiracy theory", see, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

One excerpt from the above example:

{A conspiracy theory incorporates the evidence against it, and so tends to be} a closed system that is unfalsifiable, and therefore "a matter of faith rather than proof".
But you forget, there is a "..stated period of time.." for which the apology must be made. Of course, Vixen/PGP make no mention of how long the "stated period of time" is and it could likely be 5 billion years (or however long it will take our sun to become a white dwarf) but my guess is we'll never know. And should one of them err and make up a time period, and should when that time period passes without an apology, I am sure we will then be told Mignini decided not to bring the case back to court.

I suspect the "stated period of time" is a variable that's equal to the time it takes everyone here to forget Vixen claimed Raffaele and Gumbel need to apologize.
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 12:03 PM   #93
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,078
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
But you forget, there is a "..stated period of time.." for which the apology must be made. Of course, Vixen/PGP make no mention of how long the "stated period of time" is and it could likely be 5 billion years (or however long it will take our sun to become a white dwarf) but my guess is we'll never know. And should one of them err and make up a time period, and should when that time period passes without an apology, I am sure we will then be told Mignini decided not to bring the case back to court.

I suspect the "stated period of time" is a variable that's equal to the time it takes everyone here to forget Vixen claimed Raffaele and Gumbel need to apologize.
It's a syllogism (or maybe a silly - ism):

In "due course" Sollecito and Gumbel will issue an apology to Mignini, according to the PGP.
In due course, probably 5 billion years or more, the sun will become a white dwarf star, according to generally accepted astrophysical theory.
Therefore, Sollicito and Gumbel will issue an apology to Mignini soon after the sun becomes a white dwarf star.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 12:39 PM   #94
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Knox says herself in her book she was there to have a sexual adventure.

You are wrong. Madison Paxton has completely cut off Knox from her life. I would guess Knox' lawyers have paid Paxton a gagging clause settlement, as too with Colin Sutherland (the fake fiancé).
Paxton moved to Perugia to support someone she thought was a friend, tirelessy fed the media pro-Knox propaganda material, including the notorious 'Amanda was Railroaded' ROLLING STONE article by Nathaniel Rich, who lapped the rubbish up as he was infatuated with Paxton.

So, how did Knox thank her good friend? No sooner was she out of prison than she turned her back on her.

No wonder Paxton wants nothing ever to do with unfeeling, unempathic, Knox again.


No, Knox said no such thing in her book. I have her book and I doubt you've ever read it. What she said is that she wanted to try casual sex instead of having to be in a "relationship". That's very common among college students and very normal. Or do you think all sexual encounters must be in a "relationship" only context?

You do realize that Meredith was having casual sex with Silenzi, right? They never went out together on a date alone. They started having sex before they had any "relationship". Marco Marzan said "I think he was more into it than she was."

As for Madison, you have no idea whatsoever what their relationship is or isn't. Why do you pretend otherwise? Oh...wait. Because you can't stand the fact that Amanda has such a good friend. You do know that Paxton is going to law school in New York, don't you? A friend of mine knows Chris Robinson. When she saw what you had said, she asked Chris. This was his reply:

Quote:
They're friends. No hate between them. Had coffee just a few weeks ago.

LOL! Now you're guessing there's a "gag clause settlement"? You've got to be kidding! You have no idea how ludicrous that is, do you?

Nathaniel Rich is "infatuated" with Paxton? Wow. Is there no end to you just making things up?

Last edited by Stacyhs; 15th November 2017 at 01:14 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 12:51 PM   #95
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
What does your sex life have to do with the topic of the thread? I made an old gag about no sex after marriage. LOL.

As for your claim about family, you seem to have a belief the civilisation you were born into was there by pure magic, so you naively want to overthrow it all and go back to living like animals in the field, with no-one knowing who their family is, or perhaps a Soviet-style mass nursery, with everybody practising 'free love' and polyamory.

Truth is, people have a good family life because of solid foundations built up through the ages by advanced Homo sapiens. Being happily married 35 years is hardly the height of the Rebellion of the Atheists and sexual revolution.

So, you and Knox are atheists who believe in free love (even if you by your own account don't practice what you preach) and somehow anyone who points out the social consequences of reckless promiscuity is the person who is the hypocrite, by your bizarre logic.

In case I have not made myself clear, promiscuous behaviour as practised by Knox as of the time of the crime, is a diagnostic criteria of psychopathy. Your claim that her behaviour is normal is pure logical fallacy.

It is not a moral judgement. The fact is, Knox by her reckless disregard for the welfare of others, put Mez into an extremely vulnerable and dangerous position in her own bedroom (and who else had the key and locked in her body, but Knox herself?) by bringing home guys off the street in a state of drugged derangement, armed with knives and expecting to party with Knox' own roommates, who Knox introduces Mez to and expects her to reciprocate their unwelcome sexual harassment. (And we know Raff's DNA is strongly present on the victim's underwear, together with bloody footprints in the hall and bathroom.)

To claim that Knox is psychologically healthy in light of the fact of such an atrocious crime and to try to make light of it as 'normal marital sex' is a dreadful and disgraceful argument.
This is one of the most insane posts I've ever read.

You "made an old gag about no sex after marriage"? No. You didn't. Pathetic attempt at an excuse.

As for the rest of your post, how in the world did you come to any of these outlandish conclusions from my statement that "By the way, being an atheist has absolutely nothing to do with love of family. No doubt. Or do you think only believers love their families? " Your ridiculous rant would be amusing if it weren't just so crazy.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 01:01 PM   #96
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No, Knox said no such thing in her book. I have her book and I doubt you've ever read it. What she said is that she wanted to try casual sex instead of having to be in a "relationship". That's very common among college students and very normal. Or do you think all sexual encounters must be in a "relationship" only context?

You do realize that Meredith was having casual sex with Silenzi, right? They never went out together on a date alone. They started having sex before they had any "relationship". Marco Marzan said "I think he was more into it than she was."

As for Madison, you have no idea whatsoever what their relationship is or isn't. Why do you pretend otherwise? Oh...wait. Because you can't stand the fact that Amanda has such a good friend. You do know that Paxton was going to law school in New York, don't you?

LOL! Now you're guessing there's a "gag clause settlement"? You've got to be kidding! You have no idea how ludicrous that is, do you?

Nathaniel Rich is "infatuated" with Paxton? Wow. Is there no end to you just making things up?
Apparently not, or if there is, it's definitely not in sight.
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 01:54 PM   #97
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Apparently not, or if there is, it's definitely not in sight.
Note my editing of my quote. I've added, with his permission, Chris Robinson's reply to a friend of mine when she asked him about Vixen's unsupported and outlandish claims about Amanda's and Madison's friendship.

I'd gladly post the actual picture of his reply but ISF says I've met my quota for downloads. However, I can send it to another member who can paste it here if anyone wishes to see it. I'm off to the gym right now but I can do this later when I return home.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 03:41 PM   #98
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 562
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
What has this got to do with the thread subject matter?

Massive failure of logic here. Happily married sex or with long-term or short-term partner does NOT equate to indiscriminate promiscuous sex with random strangers, sometime in public places.

It is a clinical fact that one of the criteria of Hare's Diagnostic for psychopathy is:

- Reckless promiscuity.

This does not mean that Hare is:

- unhappily married
- has no sex
- is a Christian/Muslim/Jew/Wiccan/Hindi/Jain/Sikh/Bronze Age Ba'al worshipper

Nor can you tell whether he looks more like George Clooney or Danny de Vito, or if female, would be 'old' or a 'crone'.

Hare's Diagnostic is a scientifically devised diagnostic tool for clinical psychologists and pyschiatrists, which is legally recognised.

Hence all your nonsence about 'I know happily married people who enjoy sex' is more worthy of a newspaper comments page, than a considered debating point.

As for your argument, 'Mez was banging the guy downstairs, therefore she is exactly the same as Amanda Knox who had sex with random cocaine dealers ten years older than her in a public train toilet, together with no end of sex with married men' [see her actual bragging about this in her semi porno-WTBH], it is clearly rubbish. Mez was in a normal relationship. Knox was on a campaign to have lots of sex wherever she could, as stated in her own book.

She clearly fulfills one of the Diagnostics for psychopathy. Another criteria fullfilled is her glib capacity for compulsive lying.

Criminal behaviour is another. She remains in perpetuity a convicted felon of a serious crime.
Just a reminder from a previous post of the disgusting hypocrisy PGP show when they attack Amanda for lying.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11997763

The next time Vixen attacks Amanda for lying, Vixen should bear in mind that unlike Vixen and other PGP, Amanda has never done the following :-

• Come on internet forums and lie on an industrial scale in their posts.

• Defend corrupt prosecutors who spread false information to the media, lied in court and committed perjury.

• Falsely accused people of lying whilst branding them liars.
• Given glowing 5 star reviews to books riddled with falsehoods whilst attacking people for writing books for supposedly containing falsehoods.

• Defended witnesses who lied.

• Set up a fake wiki about the case riddled with falsehoods.

• Attacked people for lying and feel it is perfectly acceptable to use lies against those they accuse of lying.

• Spread malicious falsehoods about people such as judges being bribed.

• Branded people as liars whilst spreading lies about them.

• Show such gross stupidity as not be able to understand it is hypocritical to attack someone for lying whilst lying yourself.

• Use Amazon reviews to spread falsehoods.

• Attacked people for lying who have on numerous occasions have had lies spread about them and lies used against them.

• Only regard lying as wrong if it works in someone’s favour but regard lying as fine if it works against someone but are too dishonest to admit this.

Vixen's post is a perfect example of the vile hypocrisy we see from PGP. PGP say Amanda is a compulsive liar and hence this is a sign of being a psychopath when PGP lie and support liars on a massive scale. Vicously attacking someone for lying whilst lying and supporting liars yourself is very strange behaviour and must surely be a sign of a mental illness and the PGP have the cheek to say Amanda is mentally ill.

Last edited by Welshman; 15th November 2017 at 03:43 PM.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 03:46 PM   #99
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,934
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As for your argument, 'Mez was banging the guy downstairs, therefore she is exactly the same as Amanda Knox who had sex with random cocaine dealers ten years older than her in a public train toilet,
FALSE..DIDNT HAPPEN.
together with no end of sex with married men'
FALSE. Pulled from your ass.
(see her actual bragging about this in her semi porno-WTBH.)
FALSE, YOU CLEARLY DIDN'T READ THE BOOK. And if you think Amanda's book was a porno, then you don't know what a porno is. There is very little talk about sex and NONE of it is graphic.
Mez was in a normal relationship.
(Yes it was normal. Meredith and Giacomo were using each other for sex and neither was serious about the relationship...not that I care)
Knox was on a campaign to have lots of sex wherever she could, as stated in her own book. FALSE. IT DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN THE BOOK.

She clearly fulfills one of the Diagnostics for psychopathy. Another criteria fullfilled is her glib capacity for compulsive lying.

You can't be serious? You lied more in this one post than the number of lies you can attribute to Amanda. And as you already said in an earlier post, it is perfectly normal to be a little promiscuous when you are young. Now you are saying it is a diagnostic for psychopathy.

Criminal behaviour is another. She remains in perpetuity a convicted felon of a serious crime. FALSE. Italy doesn't have felonies. This is just a bunch of moronic circular reasoning. The only crime Amanda has EVER been convicted of was vaguely remembering Patrick Lumumba as Meredith's killer. Something she rescinded within hours.
In contrast, Italy wrongly accused and incarcerated Amanda and Raffaele. Are they guilty of a felony?
I'd be embarrassed lying like this. I'd be thoroughly ashamed of pumping out such pure unadulterated filth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you just posted about Amanda and what was written in her book is true.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 15th November 2017 at 04:05 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 04:16 PM   #100
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'd be embarrassed lying like this. I'd be thoroughly ashamed of pumping out such pure unadulterated filth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you just posted about Amanda and what was written in her book is true.
Which is why she provided no quotes from the book or any other evidence to support her rubbish. It's always a give away for when things are just made up.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 04:56 PM   #101
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,934
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Which is why she provided no quotes from the book or any other evidence to support her rubbish. It's always a give away for when things are just made up.
Of course not. Her post is TRASH. Used toilet paper is cleaner.

I find it hilarious that Vixen would call WTBH a porno. As someone who has unashamedly enjoyed reading many sex filled books written by everyone from DH Lawrence to Erica Jong, to Henry Miller, to Anais Nin, to Pauline Réage and many many others, I wonder what I missed in WTBH?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 05:20 PM   #102
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,828
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
LOL! Now you're guessing there's a "gag clause settlement"? You've got to be kidding! You have no idea how ludicrous that is, do you?

Nathaniel Rich is "infatuated" with Paxton? Wow. Is there no end to you just making things up?
According to Vixen, one of the signs of psychopathology is lying.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 05:21 PM   #103
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Of course not. Her post is TRASH. Used toilet paper is cleaner.

I find it hilarious that Vixen would call WTBH a porno. As someone who has unashamedly enjoyed reading many sex filled books written by everyone from DH Lawrence to Erica Jong, to Henry Miller, to Anais Nin, to Pauline Réage and many many others, I wonder what I missed in WTBH?
It's hilarious but not surprising that Vixen would call WTBH a porno...and without ever reading it. She thinks a girl who didn't have sex until she was in college and who engaged in some normal casual sex is engaging in "promiscuous sex" indicative of a psychopath. Good lord almighty. I wonder how she feels about men who engage in casual sex and who have had a total of 7 partners by age 20?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 05:43 PM   #104
bagels
Graduate Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,765
The PGP have this Susan Atkins/Charlie Manson view of Knox and Raff. But they're just taking the sort of vague imagery of two psychopaths meeting up and running with it superficially.

There simply wasn't time for that kind of relationship to develop. They met five days earlier, and could only communicate in broken stilted English and Italian.

And then there's the tricky problem of explaining why and how Guede shows up and walks around covered in blood and semen.

I have spent years trying to figure out what the **** is it that the PGP actually believe happened, but they themselves don't have any idea. Not a *********** clue. They honestly don't think about it. Saying "Amanda did it" is like saying "God made man in his current form and the dinosaur bones and evolution was just a devil's trick" or w/e. It's not actually an explanation, it's just a period in search of a sentence.

It's fascinating because they're not all complete idiots. Included in the ranks was a PHD mathematician. The only psychology worth studying in this case is what makes the human mind able to hold on to such faith based positions in the face of all reality.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 05:48 PM   #105
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
According to Vixen, one of the signs of psychopathology is lying.
She's right. Oh, the irony...

Let's see:
Quote:
Amanda Knox who had sex with random cocaine dealers ten years older than her in a public train toilet, together with no end of sex with married men' [see her actual bragging about this in her semi porno-WTBH], it is clearly rubbish. Mez was in a normal relationship. Knox was on a campaign to have lots of sex wherever she could, as stated in her own book.
Quote:
As for John Douglas, he is an unabashed supporter of rightly convicted murderers such as Steven Avery, the WM3 and the Kercher killers (the plural is a legal fact), using the influence of his name to try to get them off the hook from his armchair.
Quote:
Knox says herself in her book she was there to have a sexual adventure.

You are wrong. Madison Paxton has completely cut off Knox from her life. I would guess Knox' lawyers have paid Paxton a gagging clause settlement, as too with Colin Sutherland (the fake fiancé).

Paxton moved to Perugia to support someone she thought was a friend, tirelessy fed the media pro-Knox propaganda material, including the notorious 'Amanda was Railroaded' ROLLING STONE article by Nathaniel Rich, who lapped the rubbish up as he was infatuated with Paxton.

So, how did Knox thank her good friend? No sooner was she out of prison than she turned her back on her.

No wonder Paxton wants nothing ever to do with unfeeling, unempathic, Knox again.
Quote:
(Douglas) long retired. Now he sits in his bath chair, spouting off his pontifications from a perspective of 'defence gun for hire', using his brand to sponsor phony innocence projects.
And all these falsehoods from ONE page. Amazing. Just amazing.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 06:01 PM   #106
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 797
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
The PGP have this Susan Atkins/Charlie Manson view of Knox and Raff. But they're just taking the sort of vague imagery of two psychopaths meeting up and running with it superficially.

There simply wasn't time for that kind of relationship to develop. They met five days earlier, and could only communicate in broken stilted English and Italian.

And then there's the tricky problem of explaining why and how Guede shows up and walks around covered in blood and semen.

I have spent years trying to figure out what the **** is it that the PGP actually believe happened, but they themselves don't have any idea. Not a *********** clue. They honestly don't think about it. Saying "Amanda did it" is like saying "God made man in his current form and the dinosaur bones and evolution was just a devil's trick" or w/e. It's not actually an explanation, it's just a period in search of a sentence.

It's fascinating because they're not all complete idiots. Included in the ranks was a PHD mathematician. The only psychology worth studying in this case is what makes the human mind able to hold on to such faith based positions in the face of all reality.
That pretty much sums up my remaining fascination in this case. Well, that and what the ECHR will do with Amanda's case. ...well OK, and how the PGP will explain how the ECHR, in ruling in Amanda's favor, were actually confirming her rights were not violated.
TruthCalls is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 06:18 PM   #107
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 562
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'd be embarrassed lying like this. I'd be thoroughly ashamed of pumping out such pure unadulterated filth. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you just posted about Amanda and what was written in her book is true.
In just one post Vixen tells numerous falsehoods and in the same post Vixen brands Amanda a psychopath because she is a compulsive liar. Does anyone else feel that PGP are deliberately trying to be as hypocritical as possible when they attack Amanda for lying.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 07:50 PM   #108
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,934
Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
In just one post Vixen tells numerous falsehoods and in the same post Vixen brands Amanda a psychopath because she is a compulsive liar. Does anyone else feel that PGP are deliberately trying to be as hypocritical as possible when they attack Amanda for lying.
It's both hilarious and disgusting because ABSOLUTELY NONE of it is true. Not a shred of it.

So what makes a person embrace lying on this scale? This case was never that hard to figure out. But for the life of me, I don't understand the insanity of the PGP. That is kind of fascinating because they prove over and over just how *********** nuts some people can get.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 07:58 PM   #109
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
I'm interested in how the PGP/TJMK, etc will attack the movie coming out based on Preston and Spezi's book The Monster of Florence. I suspect George Clooney will be branded a shill for the Marriott PR machine (an agency that no longer exists).

On a side note. Wilbur Jones was released from prison today after 45 years in prison. A judge ruled that the prosecutor withheld evidence that would have exonerated him in a rape/murder case in 1971. But I'm sure he was really guilty as people are never, ever wrongfully convicted. ; )
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 08:54 PM   #110
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,934
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I'm interested in how the PGP/TJMK, etc will attack the movie coming out based on Preston and Spezi's book The Monster of Florence. I suspect George Clooney will be branded a shill for the Marriott PR machine (an agency that no longer exists).

On a side note. Wilbur Jones was released from prison today after 45 years in prison. A judge ruled that the prosecutor withheld evidence that would have exonerated him in a rape/murder case in 1971. But I'm sure he was really guilty as people are never, ever wrongfully convicted. ; )
I have serious doubt that movie will ever be made. It's gone through a couple of scriptwriters and I am unaware of any stars attached to it.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:28 PM   #111
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,649
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I have serious doubt that movie will ever be made. It's gone through a couple of scriptwriters and I am unaware of any stars attached to it.
On Nov. 1, Preston wrote on the FB page for it:

"I hope to have some news to report soon on the Monster of Florence movie."

George Clooney is going to play Preston.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:46 PM   #112
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,828
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I have serious doubt that movie will ever be made. It's gone through a couple of scriptwriters and I am unaware of any stars attached to it.
Acc. to IMDB Tom Cruise once had a go at this, and got a screenwriter from Valkyrie to have a go at a script. Apparently nothing came of that either.

Development Hell. It's mystifying how stuff gets trapped in that, and equally mystifying if it becomes something solid.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:19 AM   #113
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,435
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
This is one of the most insane posts I've ever read.

You "made an old gag about no sex after marriage"? No. You didn't. Pathetic attempt at an excuse.

As for the rest of your post, how in the world did you come to any of these outlandish conclusions from my statement that "By the way, being an atheist has absolutely nothing to do with love of family. No doubt. Or do you think only believers love their families? " Your ridiculous rant would be amusing if it weren't just so crazy.

Let me give you a tip. When a sentence begins with the words, 'Seriously, though', that is a clue as to the nature of the previous sentence/s.


The sentence, 'Then people marry and the sex stops', was the sentence immediately previous to the words, 'Seriously, though'.

Let me know if you are still unclear as to whether it was a joke or not.

Incidentally, your claim that your model is the only acceptable model of 'happily married' is once again naive and misconceived. There are plenty of couples who are happily married and don't have much sex. for example, because of things like prostate cancer, diabetes, heart trouble, etc., etc. Then there are those happy to live as carers to their relatives, or as a gay couple, or where the woman has just had a baby and her hormones aren't in the mood, or, even <gasp> as single.

So please think before claiming you are the golden mean as to what is 'normal sex'. Your being an atheist is completely irrelevant. It was you and acbytesla who brought up the argument, 'It's Christians who hate the idea of Amanda Knox sleeping around promiscuously, and it is because of their ideology'.

Wrong. It is a recognised behavioural disorder of psychopathy.

Yes, many students sleep around, but how many actually go into explicit detail in 'MySpace' or write half a book about it as though they invented it?

Fact is, Knox was writing rape-porn long before she even got to Perugia.

Raff said he wanted 'extreme experiences', so no doubt the pair thought they'd try out their depraved fantasies whilst no-one was home but Mez.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland

Last edited by Vixen; 16th November 2017 at 02:26 AM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:28 AM   #114
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,435
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Note my editing of my quote. I've added, with his permission, Chris Robinson's reply to a friend of mine when she asked him about Vixen's unsupported and outlandish claims about Amanda's and Madison's friendship.

I'd gladly post the actual picture of his reply but ISF says I've met my quota for downloads. However, I can send it to another member who can paste it here if anyone wishes to see it. I'm off to the gym right now but I can do this later when I return home.

Chris Robinoson, grandson of late newspaper owner, Jerry Robinson, whose stable of papers, including West Seattle Herald, is now run by his four sons?

That one?

The nephew of Ken Robinson who got into an almighty spat with Mignini about the lies and slurs he made on him, in an attempt to pervert the course of justice in the Kercher case? That one?

The one who is using Knox' infamy to boost his flagging writing career? That one?


So, big deal, they had 'coffee with Paxton' t'other day. What about the lady from Kazaksthan whom Knox also had coffee with? The one who reported her to the Perugia police for moaning she couldn't get access to her belongings in the house, thanks to her room mate being murdered. How inconsiderate of Mez!
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:33 AM   #115
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,435
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Of course not. Her post is TRASH. Used toilet paper is cleaner.

I find it hilarious that Vixen would call WTBH a porno. As someone who has unashamedly enjoyed reading many sex filled books written by everyone from DH Lawrence to Erica Jong, to Henry Miller, to Anais Nin, to Pauline Réage and many many others, I wonder what I missed in WTBH?
Come off it. They are literary. Knox' outpourings are self-serving trash, designed purely to line her pockets and to deceive unwary readers.

We know Knox' book is porno trash, as bemused TV commentators announced it as being full of her sex adventures when it first came out.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:13 AM   #116
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,828
Wow. Mignini's recent humiliations and van der Leek's reputation has caused quite the meltdown.

Still, the consensus is - chronic lying is a sign of psychopathology. One poster here started that claim then proceeded to demonstrate.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:38 AM   #117
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 562
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Wow. Mignini's recent humiliations and van der Leek's reputation has caused quite the meltdown.

Still, the consensus is - chronic lying is a sign of psychopathology. One poster here started that claim then proceeded to demonstrate.
I wonder what psychiatrists would make of people who viciously attack someone for doing something whilst doing the same themselves and have no understanding of their hypocrisy. PGP posters viciously attack Amanda for lying whilst lying on an industrial scale in their posts and have absolutely no awareness of their hypocrisy. Would this be classed as the signs of a psychopath.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 06:48 AM   #118
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,934
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Come off it. They are literary. Knox' outpourings are self-serving trash, designed purely to line her pockets and to deceive unwary readers.

We know Knox' book is porno trash, as bemused TV commentators announced it as being full of her sex adventures when it first came out.
Blaming your lies on someone else I see. I NEVER saw a single TV commentator announce that it was a 'sex adventure'. So like so many other of your posts it is another of your FILTHY LIES. It is TRASH to characterize a book you've never read.

The book is 496 pages long and there is barely a mention of sex and ABSOLUTELY NONE OF IT GRAPHIC. So either retract your lies or read the GOD DAMN BOOK. I am offended by this blatant dishonesty. I'd be ashamed of printing so many total fabrications. I would think others would be. But then again some people have only shame about sex.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 16th November 2017 at 07:11 AM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:43 AM   #119
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,934
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Acc. to IMDB Tom Cruise once had a go at this, and got a screenwriter from Valkyrie to have a go at a script. Apparently nothing came of that either.

Development Hell. It's mystifying how stuff gets trapped in that, and equally mystifying if it becomes something solid.
Lots of movie projects get stuck in 'development hell'. Usually if it isnt made within a certain number of years it never gets made. But there have been movies produced as long as 50 years after the rights have been bought. I can't remember the name of the author but I remember him talking about how a writer should approach selling the movie rights to a book. 'First, it will never get made and second, it isn't your story any more so if it does get made, don't expect the movie to tell the story you wrote'. He said he had sold the movie rights to 8 books before one of them got actually made.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 16th November 2017 at 08:34 AM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 08:06 AM   #120
Pacal
Muse
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
I wonder what psychiatrists would make of people who viciously attack someone for doing something whilst doing the same themselves and have no understanding of their hypocrisy. PGP posters viciously attack Amanda for lying whilst lying on an industrial scale in their posts and have absolutely no awareness of their hypocrisy. Would this be classed as the signs of a psychopath.
A Freudian would call this sort of behavior projection.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.