ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Reply
Old 16th November 2017, 08:23 AM   #121
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,833
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Lots of movie projects get stuck in 'development hell'. Usually if it isnt made within a certain number of years it never gets made. But there have been movies produced as long as 50 years after the rights have been bought. I can't remember the name of the author but I remember him talking about how a writer should approach selling the movie rights to a boo. 'First, it will never get made and second, it isn't your story any more so if it does get made, don't expect the movie to tell the story you wrote'. He said he had sold the movie rights to 8 books before one of them got actually made.
I have a relative in the industry, who now has a regular pass to TIFF. Acc. to him there is no rhyme or reason to why or how a pitch for a film gets mired in D.H., or even how it suddenly breaks free. Apparently, Ron Howard has made a career out of dragging concepts out of D.H., sometimes agreeing to be a last minute replacement as director, where the previous one was not getting it done.

Apparently, "12 Years a Slave" almost did not get made over petty disputes over who should get a screenplay credit.

Of course this is all my own confirmation bias, but I think a Clooney-backed MOF film based on Preston's book would be a winner. Then again, I thought Winterbottom's "The Face of an Angel" was a good film!

That's what confirmation bias will do for you.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 16th November 2017 at 08:25 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 10:14 AM   #122
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I have a relative in the industry, who now has a regular pass to TIFF. Acc. to him there is no rhyme or reason to why or how a pitch for a film gets mired in D.H., or even how it suddenly breaks free. Apparently, Ron Howard has made a career out of dragging concepts out of D.H., sometimes agreeing to be a last minute replacement as director, where the previous one was not getting it done.

Apparently, "12 Years a Slave" almost did not get made over petty disputes over who should get a screenplay credit.

Of course this is all my own confirmation bias, but I think a Clooney-backed MOF film based on Preston's book would be a winner. Then again, I thought Winterbottom's "The Face of an Angel" was a good film!

That's what confirmation bias will do for you.
It could be a 'winner', but there are so many other variables beyond the basic story, including the script, the actors, the director and the editing. More than a few movies received horrible audience receptions during test screenings only to be re-edited and go on to win rave reviews and Oscars.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 11:28 AM   #123
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Chris Robinoson, grandson of late newspaper owner, Jerry Robinson, whose stable of papers, including West Seattle Herald, is now run by his four sons?

That one?

The nephew of Ken Robinson who got into an almighty spat with Mignini about the lies and slurs he made on him, in an attempt to pervert the course of justice in the Kercher case? That one?
What are the sources for this information? As I cannot find ANY of this information. Care to back up your post with actual citations? Or is this more fecal matter pulled out of your ass?

Wikipedia lists 6 Christopher Robinsons. None of which is the Christopher Robinson that is dating Amanda Knox. Clearly, Robinson is a common surname. But interestingly, I can't find a single link that connects Christopher Robinson to the Robinson Newspapers other than two articles about Amanda.
This is what I found about Christopher Robinson.

Christopher Robinson is the co-author, with Gavin Kovite, of War of the Encyclopaedists (Scribner May, 2015). His work has appeared widely, in such places as Salon.com, New England Review, Kenyon Review, and McSweeney's Online. He is a recipient of fellowships from the MacDowell Colony, Yaddo, and Bread Loaf, and he has been a finalist for numerous prizes, including the Ruth Lilly Fellowship and the Yale Younger Poets Prize. He earned his MA in poetry from Boston University and his MFA from Hunter College.

What is doubly interesting to me is Christopher Robinson's book 'War of the Encyclopediasts' was reviewed by the New York Times yet the Robinson Newspaper chain NEVER mentions his book or has any articles written by Christopher Robinson. If he is related as you claim don't you think that the family newspapers would promote their own kin?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 16th November 2017 at 11:29 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:08 PM   #124
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Let me give you a tip. When a sentence begins with the words, 'Seriously, though', that is a clue as to the nature of the previous sentence/s.


The sentence, 'Then people marry and the sex stops', was the sentence immediately previous to the words, 'Seriously, though'.

Let me know if you are still unclear as to whether it was a joke or not.
I read it again. You are right. I misread it. Now see what an adult does when they are wrong? They admit it. Being able to admit error is a sign of emotional maturity.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Incidentally, your claim that your model is the only acceptable model of 'happily married' is once again naive and misconceived. There are plenty of couples who are happily married and don't have much sex. for example, because of things like prostate cancer, diabetes, heart trouble, etc., etc. Then there are those happy to live as carers to their relatives, or as a gay couple, or where the woman has just had a baby and her hormones aren't in the mood, or, even <gasp> as single.
So please think before claiming you are the golden mean as to what is 'normal sex'.
Amazing. I never claimed any such thing. This is the sum total of what I said about marriage:

Quote:
So sex stops after marriage, does it? Happily, that hasn't been my experience after 35 years of marriage. But maybe for some, it does stop.
Your habit of claiming I said things I never said got tiresome long ago. Please stop.



Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Your being an atheist is completely irrelevant. It was you and acbytesla who brought up the argument, 'It's Christians who hate the idea of Amanda Knox sleeping around promiscuously, and it is because of their ideology'.
When I said

Quote:
By the way, being an atheist has absolutely nothing to do with love of family. No doubt. Or do you think only believers love their families?
it was in response to your now deleted post going on about how religion was the foundation of civilization and the family, etc. I was pointing out how religion had nothing to do with loving one's family.

I said absolutely nothing about Christians and their views on Amanda's sex life or their ideology. Once again, you are claiming I said things I never said. Stop it.

[quote=Vixen;12078277]Wrong. It is a recognised behavioural disorder of psychopathy.[quote]

I never said it wasn't. What is wrong is your claims that Amanda's sex life was out of the range of normal behavior. It wasn't. You do know that Meredith had her own sex life before going to Italy and was having casual sex with Silenzi, right? Or was she also showing signs of psychopathy? And that's sarcasm.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Yes, many students sleep around, but how many actually go into explicit detail in 'MySpace' or write half a book about it as though they invented it?.
Amanda did neither of those. Stop making things up. You forget that most, if not all, of us here have read her book. You have not. You just regurgitate what other PGP have said. Would you care to quote anything she wrote on her Myspace page or in her book that is sexually explicit? HINT: you can't.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Fact is, Knox was writing rape-porn long before she even got to Perugia.
No, fact is not. Why do you keep repeating this lie over and over again? We've been through this before several times where your claims were disproven. You cannot quote anything from either of her two stories that is anything remotely pornographic. Additionally, her story Baby Brother was an anti-rape story and her other story never mentioned rape at all. That is a PGP invention. If you can prove otherwise, do so. But since you failed to do it before, I won't hold my breath.


Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Raff said he wanted 'extreme experiences', so no doubt the pair thought they'd try out their depraved fantasies whilst no-one was home but Mez.
Oh, dear...there's that "no doubt" again. You do know that extreme experiences can mean a lot of things, don't you? Skydiving, bungee jumping, mountain climbing all come to mind. But to the PGP, it must be murdering a girl he barely knew and had no motive to harm.

What I'd like to see is an Italian original, in context, quote of what he actually wrote. Not that anything would be taken out of context or misinterpreted. You know, just like the police never took Amanda's "I was there" statement out of context and released it to the press as a confession to being at the cottage. Nah....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:16 PM   #125
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Come off it. They are literary. Knox' outpourings are self-serving trash, designed purely to line her pockets and to deceive unwary readers.

We know Knox' book is porno trash, as bemused TV commentators announced it as being full of her sex adventures when it first came out.
We know nothing of the kind, but then, we own the book and have read it. How about you document the pages and paragraphs that qualifies as porno and so fully populates the book. That should be interesting.

BTW, you've already fulfilled meeting the "glib capacity for compulsive lying" criteria (several times over, in fact) to qualify as a psychopath so you can stop this lying whenever you want. Why not start providing us some of the details of your youthful sexcapades so we can start documenting another criteria for you - "reckless promiscuity". We don't need the whole thing, just a few minor details and then we'll fill in the blanks, just as you've been doing for Amanda. It's really amazing how easily you can prove someone a psychopath when you get to make crap up all the time.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:55 PM   #126
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Chris Robinoson, grandson of late newspaper owner, Jerry Robinson, whose stable of papers, including West Seattle Herald, is now run by his four sons?

That one?

The nephew of Ken Robinson who got into an almighty spat with Mignini about the lies and slurs he made on him, in an attempt to pervert the course of justice in the Kercher case? That one?

The one who is using Knox' infamy to boost his flagging writing career? That one?


So, big deal, they had 'coffee with Paxton' t'other day. What about the lady from Kazaksthan whom Knox also had coffee with? The one who reported her to the Perugia police for moaning she couldn't get access to her belongings in the house, thanks to her room mate being murdered. How inconsiderate of Mez!
I asked you before to provide evidence that Chris R is related to the Seattle Herald Robinsons. You failed to do so. Frankly, I have no idea if he is or isn't. But I'm not the one making the claim he is. What I do know is that, like ACbyTesla, I could find no evidence anywhere that he is related to them. Yet, you continue to claim something for which you have no evidence either. Let me see if I can act surprised at that. Hmmmmm....nope.

As for your comments regarding Chris R, why the need to make such nasty remarks about him when you know absolutely nothing about him? It's yet another example of the need to denigrate everything and everyone connected to Knox. Sadly, I am not surprised at this either.

No, it's no big deal that Amanda and Madison had coffee recently. Friends often do that. What it does do, however, is disprove your lies about Amanda having dropped Madison and Madison wanting nothing to do with Amanda.

LOL...Nice try at spin. Ardak Kussainova didn't "report" her to the police for anything. The police interviewed her. Ardak simply told them about being Amanda's classmate, going to the cottage several times to study and play guitar, having dinner with Amanda, Laura, Filomena and Meredith. She also said one of those night, Meredith and Amanda were leaving early to go to a music concert. She said she did not know Raffaele, and had only seen the boys downstairs there who where smoking and watching TV. She said she had seen Amanda on Halloween dressed as a cat at the pub.

She also said:

Quote:
I remember that the teacher summoned Negri commented on the perugia genius. the girls present reported to the teacher that she had watched on television. I remember that the teacher asked for the reason for his television presence. Amanda replied that she lived at Meredith and though she could not talk about why the police had told her not to report details. I remember at the end of the lesson I talked to amanda, who was annoyed by the fact that the apartment had been seized and therefore she could not take her clothes.
Your need to negatively embellish what Ardak said is typical of your need to paint Amanda in the nastiest way possible. Just stop it. Try sticking to the facts and leaving your personal spin out of it. It's childish.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 16th November 2017 at 02:57 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 03:11 PM   #127
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,079
In MARTIN v. ESTONIA 35985/09 30/05/2013, the ECHR found a violation of Articles 6.1 with 6.3c. The relevance to the AK – RS case includes a demonstration of how the ECHR infers police misconduct from even seemingly subtle violations of legally authorized procedures by the authorities.

Martin, 18 years old on July 1, 2006, was arrested July 19, 2006 and detained on suspicion of murdering a 16-year old schoolmate. Martin initially denied having committed a murder, but after about 2 weeks in police custody had been apparently induced by the police to waive his right in a writing (two differing copies exist in the file) to the defense lawyer, Javre, chosen by his parents, and instead accepted a public-aid lawyer, R., chosen by the police. On the day the public-aid lawyer met with him, Martin confessed to the murder and demonstrated how he had committed it during a police-guided reconstruction at the crime scene on that day (Aug. 7) and the next (Aug. 8). The police had not followed the prescribed legal procedures of notifying the private lawyer that he had been replaced, which would include a court hearing to verify that the accused had replaced his private lawyer on his own volition, and then obtaining a public-aid lawyer selected by the bar association, rather than by the police.

Further details of the case shows varying statements by Martin. The case file contains two documents dated Aug. 7 and 8, respectively, the first denying the crime and the second confessing to it. Police videotaped a confession by Martin in the presence of lawyer R on Aug. 10. However, on Aug. 11, a new lawyer, G., was authorized for Martin by a client agreement. On Aug. 28 Martin was interrogated in the presence of lawyer G. and denied committing the murder. Martin was brought to trial, with lawyer Javre as defense counsel, and was convicted of murder largely on the basis of his confessions. On appeal, the appeal court found that the specific details of Martin's confessions were not admissible, but affirmed Martin's conviction in large part upon the “general knowledge” that he had confessed.

The ECHR inferred that because the police had not followed the formal, legal procedures for the replacement of the lawyer, but rather informal and irregular procedures, Martin had been deprived of the legal representation of his choice during the interrogation in which he confessed. The conviction, even relying only on the “general knowledge” that he had confessed, was thus unfair. Therefore, there was a violation of Article 6.1 with 6.3c.

Here are some excerpts from the judgment:

91. The Court further notes, in this connection, that the haste with which the procedural measures were carried out on 7 August 2006 is unexplained. It appears that the investigation proceeded immediately after the applicant had terminated Mr Järve’s services: his interrogation started at 8.05 p.m. and the subsequent crime scene reconstruction lasted until almost midnight (see paragraph 17 above). Against that background, the applicant’s allegation about pressure exerted by the investigator does not appear misplaced.
....
93. Based on the above elements, in particular the authorities’ failure to make use of the formal procedure for the removal of counsel in case there were doubts about a conflict of interests on his part and their reliance, instead, on informal talks with the applicant, the applicant’s young age as well as his apparent instability, which prompted his subsequent psychiatric and psychological expert examination on two occasions, and also the seriousness of the charges, the Court is not satisfied that the applicant’s wish to replace counsel of his own (his parents’) choosing could be considered genuine in the circumstances of the present case. It considers that there was an infringement of the applicant’s right to defend himself through legal assistance of his own choosing. Having made that finding, the Court considers it unnecessary to further deal with the issue that at a later stage of the pre-trial proceedings the applicant was interrogated twice without the presence of counsel.
94. The Court recalls in this connection that the guarantees in paragraph 3 (c) of Article 6 are specific aspects of the right to a fair hearing set forth in paragraph 1 of this provision, which must be taken into account in any assessment of the fairness of proceedings. In addition, the Court’s primary concern under Article 6 § 1 is to evaluate the overall fairness of the criminal proceedings (see, mutatis mutandis, Al-Khawaja and Tahery v. the United Kingdom [GC], nos. 26766/05 and 22228/06, § 118, ECHR 2011, and Taxquet v. Belgium [GC], no. 926/05, § 84, ECHR 2010, both with further references). The Court has also had regard to the subsequent use of statements made by the applicant during the preliminary investigation in breach of his defence rights. The Court notes that there is no dispute that that evidence was used against the applicant by the County Court. The Court of Appeal, having found that the County Court had unduly relied on the applicant’s pre-trial statements, excluded all such statements from the body of evidence. However, on the basis of an analysis of the remaining evidence it found that the applicant’s conviction was nevertheless safe.
95. The Court notes in this context that, despite excluding the applicant’s pre-trial statements, the Court of Appeal considered that there was nothing to prevent the use of such “general knowledge”. It went on to observe that the confession of murder had to a large extent been the reason why the applicant had been committed to trial with a murder charge, and the investigative measures had been carried out on the basis of that knowledge (see paragraph 48 above).
96. The Court considers that the exclusion of the pre-trial statements from the body of evidence reveals the importance that the Court of Appeal attaches to securing a suspect’s defence rights from the early stages of the proceedings. Although tainted evidence as such can be left aside in the subsequent proceedings, in the present case the Court of Appeal’s decision nevertheless demonstrated that the consequences of the breach of defence rights had not been totally undone.
97. In the light of the above considerations, the Court concludes that the applicant’s defence rights were irretrievably prejudiced owing to his inability to defend himself through legal assistance of his own choosing.
It follows that there has been a violation of Article 6 §§ 1 and 3 (c) of the Convention.
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 03:12 PM   #128
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I asked you before to provide evidence that Chris R is related to the Seattle Herald Robinsons. You failed to do so. Frankly, I have no idea if he is or isn't. But I'm not the one making the claim he is. What I do know is that, like ACbyTesla, I could find no evidence anywhere that he is related to them. Yet, you continue to claim something for which you have no evidence either. Let me see if I can act surprised at that. Hmmmmm....nope.
A little data to help.

There are 607,945 people in the U.S. with the last name Robinson.
Statistically the 27th most popular last name.
There are 3,155 people with the name Christopher Robinson living in the United States.
http://howmanyofme.com/search/?sur=r...en=christopher

The State of Washington makes up 2.5 percent of the United States so a reasonable estimate of the number of people with the surname Robinson living in Washington State is about 16,000 people. There are around 80 people named Christopher Robinson in the State which means about 45 with that name living in the Seattle metropolitan area. The odds are far greater that Amanda Knox's boyfriend is not related to the Robinson newspaper family than that he is.

Now I don't think it is all relevant whether or not he is. There certainly is no reason to believe Amanda was hired because of an intimate relationship with Christopher as she was dating someone else when she was hired.

But what is relevant, is how Vixen can confidently say there is a familial relationship since I can't find this published anywhere.

I suggest given Vixen's track record of fabricating stories outright and embellishing other stories with falsehoods, this is far more likely to be a lie than the truth. And that is sad. As Vixen said 'compulsive lying is a diagnostic for psychopathy' Makes you go 'hmmmm'.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 16th November 2017 at 04:50 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:27 PM   #129
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
A little data to help.

There are 607,945 people in the U.S. with the last name Robinson.
Statistically the 27th most popular last name.
There are 3,155 people with the name Christopher Robinson living in the United States.
http://howmanyofme.com/search/?sur=r...en=christopher

The State of Washington makes up 2.5 percent of the United States so a reasonable estimate of the number of people with the surname Robinson living in Washington State is about 16,000 people. There are around 80 people named Christopher Robinson in the State which means about 45 with that name living in the Seattle metropolitan area. The odds are far greater that Amanda Knox's boyfriend is not related to the Robinson newspaper family than that he is.

Now I don't think it is all relevant whether or not he is. There certainly is no reason to believe Amanda was hired because of an intimate relationship with Christopher as she was dating someone else when she was hired.

But what is relevant, is how Vixen can confidently say there is a familial relationship since I can't find this published anywhere.

I suggest given Vixen's track record of fabricating stories outright and embellishing other stories with falsehoods, this is far more likely to be a lie than the truth. And that is sad. As Vixen said 'compulsive lying is a diagnostic for psychopathy' Makes you go 'hmmmm'.
What I find so fascinating is the need to constantly denigrate and smear anyone connected to Amanda by so many PGP. I think we here are all very familiar with those to whom I am referring. These are the people still banging on in TJMK and in comment sections online. It doesn't matter whether these people connected to Amanda knew her before, during, or after the murder. It doesn't matter how innocent the connection. What does matter to these PGP is to besmirch them because they think that, somehow, this will strengthen their claims of her guilt. It doesn't. All it does is show just how incredibly blind they are to their own complete lack of any objectivity.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:45 PM   #130
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What I find so fascinating is the need to constantly denigrate and smear anyone connected to Amanda by so many PGP. I think we here are all very familiar with those to whom I am referring. These are the people still banging on in TJMK and in comment sections online. It doesn't matter whether these people connected to Amanda knew her before, during, or after the murder. It doesn't matter how innocent the connection. What does matter to these PGP is to besmirch them because they think that, somehow, this will strengthen their claims of her guilt. It doesn't. All it does is show just how incredibly blind they are to their own complete lack of any objectivity.
It is fascinating and it is sick. We're all evil because we don't believe Amanda is guilty. Vixen has trashed the characters of John Douglas, Dr Peter Gill, Dr. Hampikian, Curt Knox, Edda Mellas, Karen Pruett, Mario Spiezi, Doug Preston, Candace Dempsey, US Senator Patty Murray, Judge Heavey, Dr. Conti, Dr. Vechiotti, Madison Paxton, Amanda's sister, Amanda's last boyfriend and now her current one as well as many other people.

What kind of person launches a scorched earth avalanche of hideous remarks about people she KNOWS nothing about?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:46 PM   #131
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 563
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
A little data to help.

There are 607,945 people in the U.S. with the last name Robinson.
Statistically the 27th most popular last name.
There are 3,155 people with the name Christopher Robinson living in the United States.
http://howmanyofme.com/search/?sur=r...en=christopher

The State of Washington makes up 2.5 percent of the United States so a reasonable estimate of the number of people with the surname Robinson living in Washington State is about 16,000 people. There are around 80 people named Christopher Robinson in the State which means about 45 with that name living in the Seattle metropolitan area. The odds are far greater that Amanda Knox's boyfriend is not related to the Robinson newspaper family than that he is.

Now I don't think it is all relevant whether or not he is. There certainly is no reason to believe Amanda was hired because of an intimate relationship with Christopher as she was dating someone else when she was hired.

But what is relevant, is how Vixen can confidently say there is a familial relationship since I can't find this published anywhere.

I suggest given Vixen's track record of fabricating stories outright and embellishing other stories with falsehoods, this is far more likely to be a lie than the truth. And that is sad. As Vixen said 'compulsive lying is a diagnostic for psychopathy' Makes you go 'hmmmm'.
When it comes to PGP "surely it is not humanly possible for people to be this stupid" comes to mind when I see what they write. As myself and others have pointed out PGP posters lie on an industrial scale in their posts and claim lying is a sign of psychopathy. By doing this PGP posters have shot themselves in the foot by branding themselves as psychopaths and other posters can use this against PGP posters. PGP have no absolutely no understanding of this at all. In addition PGP have no understanding it is hypocritical to attack someone for lying when lying on an industrial scale in their posts. It is funny seeing PGP giving the impression they are highly intelligent, have obtained membership of MENSA and have obtained degrees whilst showing such chronic mental impairment they can't understand even the simplest concepts.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 05:54 PM   #132
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
It is fascinating and it is sick. We're all evil because we don't believe Amanda is guilty. Vixen has trashed the characters of John Douglas, Dr Peter Gill, Dr. Hampikian, Curt Knox, Edda Mellas, Karen Pruett, Mario Spiezi, Doug Preston, Candace Dempsey, US Senator Patty Murray, Judge Heavey, Dr. Conti, Dr. Vechiotti, Madison Paxton, Amanda's sister, Amanda's last boyfriend and now her current one as well as many other people.

What kind of person launches a scorched earth avalanche of hideous remarks about people she KNOWS nothing about?
One of my favorite PGP looney tune smears is the "you knowingly support murderers" as if we all believe RS and AK are killers but we support them anyway. What?! Only someone truly unhinged would think that. But I've seen that accusation far more than once.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 06:39 PM   #133
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
One of my favorite PGP looney tune smears is the "you knowingly support murderers" as if we all believe RS and AK are killers but we support them anyway. What?! Only someone truly unhinged would think that. But I've seen that accusation far more than once.
Me too. But I wouldn't support Amanda or Raffaele for a second if I thought they had anything to do with killing Meredith. In fact, at one time I believed that they were probably involved as I gave the benefit of the doubt to the authorities and could have cared less about this case.

But a work associate, our CFO was friends with Curt Knox and he was supporting the family. So then I started to read about it. But at that time, finding out the truth was very hard. It was only after the Massei trial where enough facts became available that made me go 'what?' The inconsistencies were just too many and too bizarre. It dawned on me that no God damn way were they involved and this was nuts. And that's when it really hits you. If this could happen to a middle class girl from West Seattle, it could happen to my little sister. That's when I got angry.

I wonder if any of these hard core guilters will ever have an epiphany? I mean Amanda and Raffaele are in there 30s and neither of them has EVER been arrested or convicted of a crime outside their false arrests in Italy. Vixen said that criminality was a diagnostic for psychopathy so clearly they aren't psychopaths.

Do they ever go 'I was wrong'?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:14 PM   #134
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
A friend who peruses PMF dotnut told me that "Jackie" appears to have taken an interest in me. I don't usually waste my time with PMF but, apparently, I've been "flirting" with Bill Williams and expressing my fondness for drinking wine while posting according to this "Jackie". As far as I am aware, I've never had any interaction with "Jackie" so her interest in "saving" me from the dangerous Bill is just so sweet. As is her concern for my 35 year marriage:

Quote:
Granted, I have a personal safety issue here: "Bill" once published his express desire to see me beaten to a pulp in a parking lot brawl so, naturally, I need to know what I'm dealing with: if he's something like the 37 year old hockey fighter (above), I need to start getting to the gym more often, or maybe sign up for one of those Krav Maga classes the "non-violent" Knox favors...

But I'm not alone: StacyHS on ISF needs to know, too, because she's been spending a LOT of time online, at ISF, flirting with "Bill" and talking about her fondness for drinking wine while posting. Perhaps she, more than the rest of us, needs to consider whether she's been ignoring her husband for someone like the young dude in skates, or someone like that older dude in Crocs (in the Anti-China article above).
If I've ever flirted with Bill, it's surely news to me! Now, I have said, after a particularly funny post, that it made/almost made me spit out my wine...or coffee depending on the time of day. Apparently, that bit of humor is somehow worthy of "Jackie's" interest. Ah, well, if it floats her boat, I'm happy for her.

I'll just take this opportunity to express my thanks to Jackie for her concern. It's not often that someone shows such thoughtfulness for a complete stranger. Oh, and it's "Stacyhs" not "StacyHS".

Last edited by Stacyhs; 16th November 2017 at 07:24 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:31 PM   #135
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
A friend who peruses PMF dotnut told me that "Jackie" appears to have taken an interest in me. I don't usually waste my time with PMF but, apparently, I've been "flirting" with Bill Williams and expressing my fondness for drinking wine while posting according to this "Jackie". As far as I am aware, I've never had any interaction with "Jackie" so her interest in "saving" me from the dangerous Bill is just so sweet. As is her concern for my 35 year marriage:



If I've ever flirted with Bill, it's surely news to me! Now, I have said, after a particularly funny post, that it made/almost made me spit out my wine...or coffee depending on the time of day. Apparently, that bit of humor is somehow worthy of "Jackie's" interest. Ah, well, if it floats her boat, I'm happy for her.

I'll just take this opportunity to express my thanks to Jackie for her concern. It's not often that someone shows such thoughtfulness for a complete stranger. Oh, and it's "Stacyhs" not "StacyHS".
I seriously doubt that Bill said anything like what Jackie has accused him of. But it also
wouldnt surprise me that one of the PGP would embellish his remarks or yours.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:44 PM   #136
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I seriously doubt that Bill said anything like what Jackie has accused him of. But it also
wouldnt surprise me that one of the PGP would embellish his remarks or yours.
Why so cynical, ac? What on earth makes you think that?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:50 PM   #137
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Why so cynical, ac? What on earth makes you think that?
Is that flirting?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:51 PM   #138
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,079
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Me too. But I wouldn't support Amanda or Raffaele for a second if I thought they had anything to do with killing Meredith. In fact, at one time I believed that they were probably involved as I gave the benefit of the doubt to the authorities and could have cared less about this case.

But a work associate, our CFO was friends with Curt Knox and he was supporting the family. So then I started to read about it. But at that time, finding out the truth was very hard. It was only after the Massei trial where enough facts became available that made me go 'what?' The inconsistencies were just too many and too bizarre. It dawned on me that no God damn way were they involved and this was nuts. And that's when it really hits you. If this could happen to a middle class girl from West Seattle, it could happen to my little sister. That's when I got angry.

I wonder if any of these hard core guilters will ever have an epiphany? I mean Amanda and Raffaele are in there 30s and neither of them has EVER been arrested or convicted of a crime outside their false arrests in Italy. Vixen said that criminality was a diagnostic for psychopathy so clearly they aren't psychopaths.

Do they ever go 'I was wrong'?
There are, probably, different kinds of people with different goals and personalities making up the PGP. Some may simply be hoaxers looking for a laugh or intending to upset people by posting false and inflamatory statements.

But some of the PGP may be conspiracy theorists. And and as such, this group of PGP will certainly not be convinced by facts or logic. For conspiracy theorists, especially where the conspiracy theory claims to have identified a vicious murderer, those that oppose the theory using facts or logic are in league with that murderer. That way of thinking is an explanation for the malicious personal attacks directed at Knox, the PGP's arch-villain, and at their lesser arch-villan, Sollecito, and of course, all their minor villains arguing the facts and logic of innocence.

Here's an excerpt from an article that discusses the psychology of conspiracy theorists:

Conspiracy Theories Are Driven by People, Not Facts

You can’t really argue with people who believe in conspiracy theories, because their beliefs aren’t rational. Instead, they are often fear- or paranoia-based beliefs that, when confronted with contrarian factual evidence, will dismiss both the evidence and the messenger who brings it. That’s because conspiracy theories are driven by the people who believe and spread them and their own psychological makeup — not on the factual support or logical reasoning of the theory itself.

Conspiracy theories aren’t going away, for as long as there are people who have a need to believe in them, they will continue to expand and thrive. The Internet and social media sites such as Facebook have only made such theories even easier to spread. Save your breath arguing with people who believe in them, as no amount of facts will dissuade them from their false belief.

Source: https://psychcentral.com/blog/archiv...-believe-them/
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:54 PM   #139
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Is that flirting?
No. Apparently, that's reserved for Bill.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 07:59 PM   #140
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
There are, probably, different kinds of people with different goals and personalities making up the PGP. Some may simply be hoaxers looking for a laugh or intending to upset people by posting false and inflamatory statements.

But some of the PGP may be conspiracy theorists. And and as such, this group of PGP will certainly not be convinced by facts or logic. For conspiracy theorists, especially where the conspiracy theory claims to have identified a vicious murderer, those that oppose the theory using facts or logic are in league with that murderer. That way of thinking is an explanation for the malicious personal attacks directed at Knox, the PGP's arch-villain, and at their lesser arch-villan, Sollecito, and of course, all their minor villains arguing the facts and logic of innocence.

Here's an excerpt from an article that discusses the psychology of conspiracy theorists:

Conspiracy Theories Are Driven by People, Not Facts

You can’t really argue with people who believe in conspiracy theories, because their beliefs aren’t rational. Instead, they are often fear- or paranoia-based beliefs that, when confronted with contrarian factual evidence, will dismiss both the evidence and the messenger who brings it. That’s because conspiracy theories are driven by the people who believe and spread them and their own psychological makeup — not on the factual support or logical reasoning of the theory itself.

Conspiracy theories aren’t going away, for as long as there are people who have a need to believe in them, they will continue to expand and thrive. The Internet and social media sites such as Facebook have only made such theories even easier to spread. Save your breath arguing with people who believe in them, as no amount of facts will dissuade them from their false belief.

Source: https://psychcentral.com/blog/archiv...-believe-them/
Conspiracy theories such as the Masons, Mafia, US State Dept. and judges being bought off being behind the acquittals?

Last edited by Stacyhs; 16th November 2017 at 08:27 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 08:51 PM   #141
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
There are, probably, different kinds of people with different goals and personalities making up the PGP. Some may simply be hoaxers looking for a laugh or intending to upset people by posting false and inflamatory statements.

But some of the PGP may be conspiracy theorists. And and as such, this group of PGP will certainly not be convinced by facts or logic. For conspiracy theorists, especially where the conspiracy theory claims to have identified a vicious murderer, those that oppose the theory using facts or logic are in league with that murderer. That way of thinking is an explanation for the malicious personal attacks directed at Knox, the PGP's arch-villain, and at their lesser arch-villan, Sollecito, and of course, all their minor villains arguing the facts and logic of innocence.

Here's an excerpt from an article that discusses the psychology of conspiracy theorists:

Conspiracy Theories Are Driven by People, Not Facts

You can’t really argue with people who believe in conspiracy theories, because their beliefs aren’t rational. Instead, they are often fear- or paranoia-based beliefs that, when confronted with contrarian factual evidence, will dismiss both the evidence and the messenger who brings it. That’s because conspiracy theories are driven by the people who believe and spread them and their own psychological makeup — not on the factual support or logical reasoning of the theory itself.

Conspiracy theories aren’t going away, for as long as there are people who have a need to believe in them, they will continue to expand and thrive. The Internet and social media sites such as Facebook have only made such theories even easier to spread. Save your breath arguing with people who believe in them, as no amount of facts will dissuade them from their false belief.

Source: https://psychcentral.com/blog/archiv...-believe-them/
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Conspiracy theories such as the Masons, Mafia, US State Dept. and judges being bought off being behind the acquittals?
Tell me that doesn't sound like someone we know.

I remember when Hellman was discussed in positive terms by people at TJMK and PMF and the moment he ruled in favor of Amanda and Raffaele he became a pariah and was accused of taking bribes. Of course, they have never provided any proof. EVER.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume

Last edited by acbytesla; 16th November 2017 at 08:52 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 09:51 PM   #142
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
After being alerted that my name was mentioned at dotnut, I took a look out of curiosity. I find it amusing that they seem obsessed with following what we discuss here. ISF is a public forum. They can post here whenever they want. Yet they don't. On the other hand, they restrict who can post on dotnut. That says a lot: they prefer an echo chamber to actual debate.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 10:07 PM   #143
bagels
Graduate Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,766
To be fair, you can't post here if you're banned. IDK how you get banned arguing about a case where a burglar with a history of pulling knives and hopping into 2nd story windows was found in a 2nd story broke-in cottage dripping in blood and semen over a naked girl's stabbed body whose rapekit would reveal said burglar who later fled the country and was arrested with mysterious cuts on his stabbing hand and was matched to CCTV video near the cottage before the murder, alone, and was recorded speaking privately to his friend saying he met Meredith alone and she was attacked by a single male attacker. But there you have it.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 11:24 PM   #144
Stacyhs
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,654
Originally Posted by bagels View Post
To be fair, you can't post here if you're banned. IDK how you get banned arguing about a case where a burglar with a history of pulling knives and hopping into 2nd story windows was found in a 2nd story broke-in cottage dripping in blood and semen over a naked girl's stabbed body whose rapekit would reveal said burglar who later fled the country and was arrested with mysterious cuts on his stabbing hand and was matched to CCTV video near the cottage before the murder, alone, and was recorded speaking privately to his friend saying he met Meredith alone and she was attacked by a single male attacker. But there you have it.

Someone must have been a naughty little poster.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 17th November 2017 at 12:25 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:00 AM   #145
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,464
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Blaming your lies on someone else I see. I NEVER saw a single TV commentator announce that it was a 'sex adventure'. So like so many other of your posts it is another of your FILTHY LIES. It is TRASH to characterize a book you've never read.

The book is 496 pages long and there is barely a mention of sex and ABSOLUTELY NONE OF IT GRAPHIC. So either retract your lies or read the GOD DAMN BOOK. I am offended by this blatant dishonesty. I'd be ashamed of printing so many total fabrications. I would think others would be. But then again some people have only shame about sex.
It is an unreadable pack of lies. It is too nauseating for any right-minded person to read for long.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:06 AM   #146
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,464
Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
We know nothing of the kind, but then, we own the book and have read it. How about you document the pages and paragraphs that qualifies as porno and so fully populates the book. That should be interesting.

BTW, you've already fulfilled meeting the "glib capacity for compulsive lying" criteria (several times over, in fact) to qualify as a psychopath so you can stop this lying whenever you want. Why not start providing us some of the details of your youthful sexcapades so we can start documenting another criteria for you - "reckless promiscuity". We don't need the whole thing, just a few minor details and then we'll fill in the blanks, just as you've been doing for Amanda. It's really amazing how easily you can prove someone a psychopath when you get to make crap up all the time.
It's for you to ask and for me to tell...
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:08 AM   #147
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is an unreadable pack of lies. It is too nauseating for any right-minded person to read for long.
How do you know? You haven't read it. But do us all a favor and STOP LYING about what's in it then.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:09 AM   #148
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,464
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I asked you before to provide evidence that Chris R is related to the Seattle Herald Robinsons. You failed to do so. Frankly, I have no idea if he is or isn't. But I'm not the one making the claim he is. What I do know is that, like ACbyTesla, I could find no evidence anywhere that he is related to them. Yet, you continue to claim something for which you have no evidence either. Let me see if I can act surprised at that. Hmmmmm....nope.

As for your comments regarding Chris R, why the need to make such nasty remarks about him when you know absolutely nothing about him? It's yet another example of the need to denigrate everything and everyone connected to Knox. Sadly, I am not surprised at this either.

No, it's no big deal that Amanda and Madison had coffee recently. Friends often do that. What it does do, however, is disprove your lies about Amanda having dropped Madison and Madison wanting nothing to do with Amanda.

LOL...Nice try at spin. Ardak Kussainova didn't "report" her to the police for anything. The police interviewed her. Ardak simply told them about being Amanda's classmate, going to the cottage several times to study and play guitar, having dinner with Amanda, Laura, Filomena and Meredith. She also said one of those night, Meredith and Amanda were leaving early to go to a music concert. She said she did not know Raffaele, and had only seen the boys downstairs there who where smoking and watching TV. She said she had seen Amanda on Halloween dressed as a cat at the pub.

She also said:



Your need to negatively embellish what Ardak said is typical of your need to paint Amanda in the nastiest way possible. Just stop it. Try sticking to the facts and leaving your personal spin out of it. It's childish.

The lady from Kazaksthan (_sp?) whom Knox refers to as 'Ada' (can't even get the 'foreign' name right)contacted the Perugia police to report Knox' conduct.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:16 AM   #149
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,464
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
A little data to help.

There are 607,945 people in the U.S. with the last name Robinson.
Statistically the 27th most popular last name.
There are 3,155 people with the name Christopher Robinson living in the United States.
http://howmanyofme.com/search/?sur=r...en=christopher

The State of Washington makes up 2.5 percent of the United States so a reasonable estimate of the number of people with the surname Robinson living in Washington State is about 16,000 people. There are around 80 people named Christopher Robinson in the State which means about 45 with that name living in the Seattle metropolitan area. The odds are far greater that Amanda Knox's boyfriend is not related to the Robinson newspaper family than that he is.

Now I don't think it is all relevant whether or not he is. There certainly is no reason to believe Amanda was hired because of an intimate relationship with Christopher as she was dating someone else when she was hired.

But what is relevant, is how Vixen can confidently say there is a familial relationship since I can't find this published anywhere.

I suggest given Vixen's track record of fabricating stories outright and embellishing other stories with falsehoods, this is far more likely to be a lie than the truth. And that is sad. As Vixen said 'compulsive lying is a diagnostic for psychopathy' Makes you go 'hmmmm'.

I never knowingly lie about anything. Personalisation, much?

All my assertions are based on fact.

https://www.westsideseattle.com/ball...nson-1920-2014
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (36).jpg (89.2 KB, 9 views)
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland

Last edited by Vixen; 17th November 2017 at 01:20 AM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:22 AM   #150
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,464
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
How do you know? You haven't read it. But do us all a favor and STOP LYING about what's in it then.
I did try to read it but it was the biggest load of **** since Mein Kampf, which I also had to give up on.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 01:31 AM   #151
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalevala
Posts: 11,464
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Me too. But I wouldn't support Amanda or Raffaele for a second if I thought they had anything to do with killing Meredith. In fact, at one time I believed that they were probably involved as I gave the benefit of the doubt to the authorities and could have cared less about this case.

But a work associate, our CFO was friends with Curt Knox and he was supporting the family. So then I started to read about it. But at that time, finding out the truth was very hard. It was only after the Massei trial where enough facts became available that made me go 'what?' The inconsistencies were just too many and too bizarre. It dawned on me that no God damn way were they involved and this was nuts. And that's when it really hits you. If this could happen to a middle class girl from West Seattle, it could happen to my little sister. That's when I got angry.

I wonder if any of these hard core guilters will ever have an epiphany? I mean Amanda and Raffaele are in there 30s and neither of them has EVER been arrested or convicted of a crime outside their false arrests in Italy. Vixen said that criminality was a diagnostic for psychopathy so clearly they aren't psychopaths.

Do they ever go 'I was wrong'?
Sucking up to the boss, eh? I am sure Curt Knox is a respectable chap - aside from refusing to pay child maintenance for his spawn Amanda (and who can blame him, seeing how that turned out) - however, it doesn't matter how nice the parents are, it doesn't absolve their unruly wayward offspring from their cruel crimes.
__________________
Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivä
100 years Suomi
Happy Independence Day, Finland
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 02:24 AM   #152
bagels
Graduate Poster
 
bagels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,766
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The lady from Kazaksthan (_sp?) whom Knox refers to as 'Ada' (can't even get the 'foreign' name right)contacted the Perugia police to report Knox' conduct.
Did she contact them before Amanda was arrested and accused of murder or after? It makes a substantial difference. People can always spot the eyes of a killer...in hindsight.

I also wonder about her e-mail home. It was sent to the police, but the question is before or after the arrest?

I'm trying to document if there was a single person on Earth suspicious of Amanda before her arrest that didn't work for the Italian government.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 03:35 AM   #153
Welshman
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 563
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is an unreadable pack of lies. It is too nauseating for any right-minded person to read for long.
PGP tell blatant lies about what Amanda has written in her book and then complain the book is full of lies. PGP have no idea of the blatant hypocrisy this shows. Another prime example of gross stupidity by PGP.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 04:24 AM   #154
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I never knowingly lie about anything. Personalisation, much?

All my assertions are based on fact.

https://www.westsideseattle.com/ball...nson-1920-2014
Well we've proven countless times that no, all your assertions are not based on fact. Most of them DEFINITELY are not. Over the years we've only rarely seen you provide any citations. But it is nice to see that maybe some of them are. Note, I said 'maybe' as the link for that thumbnail is broken.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 04:27 AM   #155
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Sucking up to the boss, eh? I am sure Curt Knox is a respectable chap - aside from refusing to pay child maintenance for his spawn Amanda (and who can blame him, seeing how that turned out) - however, it doesn't matter how nice the parents are, it doesn't absolve their unruly wayward offspring from their cruel crimes.
He wasn't my boss. I worked in sales, not in accounting.

More scorched earth I see. And lest you forget. Knox never committed any crimes.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 06:18 AM   #156
Numbers
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,079
Here's an interesting example of an ECHR judgment, ILGAR MAMMADOV v. AZERBAIJAN (No. 2)
919/15 16/11/2017, which is based on the ECHR's evaluation of how the evidence was treated in a trial. The relevance to the AK – RS case is that the Knox's trial for calunnia against Lumumba, and the preliminary verdicts in the Massei and Nencini courts, and the judgment in the Chieffi CSC panel appeal, had features of arbitrariness broadly similar to those identified in this case against Azerbaijan. Here is the ECHR's press summary of the case:

The case concerned the criminal proceedings brought against a prominent Azerbaijani opposition politician, Ilgar Eldar oglu Mammadov, following protests in the town of Ismayilli in 2013.

Mr Mammadov was subsequently charged and convicted of mass disorder. This is the second case he has brought before the European Court of Human Rights; the first concerned his arrest and pre-trial detention following the same events.

In today’s Chamber judgment in the case of Ilgar Mammadov v. Azerbaijan (No. 2) (application
no. 919/15) the European Court of Human Rights held, unanimously, that there had been:
a violation of Article 6 § 1 (right to a fair trial) of the European Convention on Human Rights.
The Court found that the domestic courts had either not addressed or remained silent about a
number of inconsistencies in the evidence used to convict Mr Mammadov, despite the defence’s repeated objections about flawed or misrepresented evidence.

In particular, as concerned the witness statements for the prosecution: some of the police officers who testified that Mr Mammadov had incited protestors to violence had only been questioned five months after the protests and one had retracted his pre-trial statement saying that he had signed it without even reading it. As concerned certain video recordings used to convict him: one had shown clashes between protestors whereas another had shown footage of calm streets with very few protestors.

Furthermore, Mr Mammadov’s blog posts and social media posts as well as a transcript of a radio interview, used to prove that he had planned the mass disorder, had dated either from when he had been in Ismayilli or after leaving it, and had contained no incitement to violence. Indeed, in the news coverage on the riots, which the courts found to be in support of the prosecution’s case, there had been no express reporting of any actual outbreak of violence during the afternoon of 24 January 2013 when Mr Mammadov had been present in Ismayilli.

In conclusion, there had been serious shortcomings in the manner in which the evidence used to convict Mr Mammadov had been admitted, examined and/or assessed. Equally, the manner in which the courts had dealt with the defence’s objections concerning that evidence had been inadequate. Indeed, any evidence favourable to him had been systematically dismissed in an inadequately reasoned or manifestly unreasonable manner.

Source: http://echr.coe.int/Pages/home.aspx?p=home
See: PDF press release, Chamber judgment concerning Azerbaijan
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 07:29 AM   #157
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,833
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I did try to read it but it was the biggest load of **** since Mein Kampf, which I also had to give up on.
Mein Kampf!!!!???? Really?

This post is from the, "let's make up the wildest comparison I can think of," department.

What happened to Mignini and Nick van der Leek lately really has thrown you for a loop.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 08:45 AM   #158
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,960
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I did try to read it but it was the biggest load of **** since Mein Kampf, which I also had to give up on.
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Mein Kampf!!!!???? Really?

This post is from the, "let's make up the wildest comparison I can think of," department.

What happened to Mignini and Nick van der Leek lately really has thrown you for a loop.
This is Vixen's excuse for not reading then recklessly lying about what's in the book. Isn't that a bit ironic? Hey, I 'think' (not that the evidence supports those thoughts) is full of lies so I should have a license to lie about it?

Keep in mind that Vixen referred first that Amanda Knox's book is a porno and it's full of crap and also fully admits she NEVER read the book. ( I'm not sure what it means to 'try to read a book') Does that mean reading the title page and the then looking at the number of pages and coming to the conclusion that 496 pages is just too long? Vixen apparently never paid heed to Yoda. 'Do or don't do, there is no try.'

The definition of pornography/porn/porno is the depiction of sexual acts. ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE in Amanda's book are there any depictions of sexual acts.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 08:55 AM   #159
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,833
Given that the book which she hasn't read is now compared to both Mein Kampf and "a porno"......

Historians everywhere are now going to have to revise post-WW1 history. Mein Kampf is now officially "a porno".

All because in the last month Nick van der Leek has been exposed as a plagiarist and Giuliano Mignini lost his defamation claim against Raffaele Sollecito and Andrew Gumbel.
__________________
In a thread titled "Who Killed Meredith Kercher?", the answer is obvious. Rudy Guede and no one else.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2017, 09:15 AM   #160
TruthCalls
Muse
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Me too. But I wouldn't support Amanda or Raffaele for a second if I thought they had anything to do with killing Meredith. In fact, at one time I believed that they were probably involved as I gave the benefit of the doubt to the authorities and could have cared less about this case.

But a work associate, our CFO was friends with Curt Knox and he was supporting the family. So then I started to read about it. But at that time, finding out the truth was very hard. It was only after the Massei trial where enough facts became available that made me go 'what?' The inconsistencies were just too many and too bizarre. It dawned on me that no God damn way were they involved and this was nuts. And that's when it really hits you. If this could happen to a middle class girl from West Seattle, it could happen to my little sister. That's when I got angry.

I wonder if any of these hard core guilters will ever have an epiphany? I mean Amanda and Raffaele are in there 30s and neither of them has EVER been arrested or convicted of a crime outside their false arrests in Italy. Vixen said that criminality was a diagnostic for psychopathy so clearly they aren't psychopaths.

Do they ever go 'I was wrong'?
I don't care how convinced you are of your conclusion, there is always room to look at the details and admit you had 'something' wrong, while still believing you got the conclusion correct. But I've never read a single admission of getting something wrong from any of these hard core guilters.

It's entirely understandable that someone with a cursory understanding of forensic science would think Luminol always shows you where there is blood, but with just a little research you can discover just how prone to false positives Luminol really is. And it doesn't take much more research to learn that if a sample is both TMB and DNA negative then that sample can NOT be made from the victim's blood. It's really not that difficult. Yet I've never seen a single hard core guilter ever say "OK, so the Luminol results weren't indicative of Amanda tracking Meredith's blood around, but I still think there's overwhelming evidence of her guilt". And at this point, if someone like Vixen were to ever say that - and mean it - I just might suffer a coronary!

So no, I'd say don't expect any epiphanies from any of the remaining hard core guilters.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.