ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 18th November 2017, 10:53 PM   #281
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
In addition to being horrible it is contradictory. The child who is kidnapped and terribly abused before being painfully murdered deserves it because of karma, but now the kidnapper must pay for his crimes in his next life though he was merely doing what karma provided. So long as one person has ever afflicted another there can never be an end to the horror cycle.
All you people pick out the worst experience you can think of, but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined. We go on to build better and better civilisations, and evolve to a far higher state than the current level of the human race. There will be injustice and inhumanity and tragedy, but all is ultimately redeemed and compensated over thousands of lifetimes.

The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
There will be an end to the cycle of rebirths for the human race, and by that time we will be glorious beings of light. We then go on into eternity together.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 10:57 PM   #282
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Sparhafoc View Post

Methinks Scorpion has missed his calling - art seems to be the exact place where the way his brain works may actually offer something of utility, because it surely doesn't when it comes to philosophy, or any attempt at divining empirical reality.
Actually I did not miss that, I went to art college and I painted pictures of things like angels for many years. I did post one on my other thread.
But it says you need permission to upload pictures.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2017, 11:07 PM   #283
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I explained this to Scorpion in his other thread. Since his god has decreed we all must suffer during our earthly incarnations and it's for the ultimate good then people who inflict suffering on others (the example we keep using is Hitler) are 1) doing what his god and karma angels want to happen 2) helping millions of other people in their "evolution". Given Scorpion's beliefs the conclusion has to be that the likes of Hitler are benefactors to millions of people.
The likes of Hitler are members of the human family expressing their current level of spiritual evolution in the only way they know how. Hitler started as an artist, and he probably saw himself as an idealist who was trying to create a better world. The thousand year empire ruled by the master race.

The best thing the rest of humanity can do now is forgive him what he actually did. Because his soul carries a very heavy karmic debt that he cannot pay in unknown numbers of future incarnations.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:42 AM   #284
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 20,714
More made up nonsense, Scorpion, based on a ridiculous world view without any evidence. There is no karma. No Chakras. No soul. No reincarnation. No spirit world. No etheric body. None of the guff you spout about here exists other than in your mind. It is delusional to espouse the existence of stuff for which there is no evidence, is internally inconsistent, and is logically flawed.
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:55 AM   #285
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing
 
John Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iowa USA
Posts: 11,858
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
All you people pick out the worst experience you can think of, but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined. We go on to build better and better civilisations, and evolve to a far higher state than the current level of the human race. There will be injustice and inhumanity and tragedy, but all is ultimately redeemed and compensated over thousands of lifetimes.

The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
There will be an end to the cycle of rebirths for the human race, and by that time we will be glorious beings of light. We then go on into eternity together.
The spirits don't teach or tell us anything. Somebody told you that's what they say. I've seen no evidence that they even exist.
__________________
"I have no clue" - King of the Americas
John Jones is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:25 AM   #286
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,947
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The likes of Hitler are members of the human family expressing their current level of spiritual evolution in the only way they know how. Hitler started as an artist, and he probably saw himself as an idealist who was trying to create a better world. The thousand year empire ruled by the master race.

The best thing the rest of humanity can do now is forgive him what he actually did. Because his soul carries a very heavy karmic debt that he cannot pay in unknown numbers of future incarnations.
So in your world, untold totally innocent people will have horrible lives to make up for Hitler being an idealistic, misunderstood artist?
Are you insane?
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 02:07 AM   #287
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 79,167
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
All you people pick out the worst experience you can think of, but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined. We go on to build better and better civilisations, and evolve to a far higher state than the current level of the human race. There will be injustice and inhumanity and tragedy, but all is ultimately redeemed and compensated over thousands of lifetimes.

The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
There will be an end to the cycle of rebirths for the human race, and by that time we will be glorious beings of light. We then go on into eternity together.
You are just repeating the same horrific beliefs. Remember Baby P? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_..._P?wprov=sfla1

You say his suffering should be looked upon as a good thing because it will help his soul evolve.

According to you his soul was reincarnated by the karma angels to suffer that terrible, and short life.
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 02:09 AM   #288
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 79,167
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The likes of Hitler are members of the human family expressing their current level of spiritual evolution in the only way they know how. Hitler started as an artist, and he probably saw himself as an idealist who was trying to create a better world. The thousand year empire ruled by the master race.

The best thing the rest of humanity can do now is forgive him what he actually did. Because his soul carries a very heavy karmic debt that he cannot pay in unknown numbers of future incarnations.
Why does his soul need to be forgiven? His actions were part of your God's design? What you are saying is that we should forgive your God for the suffering he causes!
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 02:10 AM   #289
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,877
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The likes of Hitler are members of the human family expressing their current level of spiritual evolution in the only way they know how. Hitler started as an artist, and he probably saw himself as an idealist who was trying to create a better world. The thousand year empire ruled by the master race.

The best thing the rest of humanity can do now is forgive him what he actually did. Because his soul carries a very heavy karmic debt that he cannot pay in unknown numbers of future incarnations.

Um, what?
Am I the only one who noticed this?


Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Actually I did not miss that, I went to art college and I painted pictures of things like angels for many years. I did post one on my other thread.
But it says you need permission to upload pictures.

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
All you people pick out the worst experience you can think of, but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined. We go on to build better and better civilisations, and evolve to a far higher state than the current level of the human race. There will be injustice and inhumanity and tragedy, but all is ultimately redeemed and compensated over thousands of lifetimes.

The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
There will be an end to the cycle of rebirths for the human race, and by that time we will be glorious beings of light. We then go on into eternity together.
Scorpion, do you realsie what you did there?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 02:19 AM   #290
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,877
Interestingly enough, Hitler believed in the power and veracity of mediums, and regularly consulted them.
Strange that the spirit world did not attempt to dissuade him from his genocidal path.

Oh, no, wait. The spirits wanted him to do this as a way of helping the world progress. Or something.

https://www.salon.com/2002/02/27/hanussen/
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 04:17 AM   #291
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,004
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
All you people pick out the worst experience you can think of, but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined. We go on to build better and better civilisations, and evolve to a far higher state than the current level of the human race. There will be injustice and inhumanity and tragedy, but all is ultimately redeemed and compensated over thousands of lifetimes.

The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
There will be an end to the cycle of rebirths for the human race, and by that time we will be glorious beings of light. We then go on into eternity together.
What spirits?
Are those the spirits that are part of the human souls and thus, by your own definition not evolved yet and thus unable to comment on what would happen?
Or are they spirits that ARE evolved and thus are akin to a kindergarten teacher that lets a bully beat up all the other children without interfering because it is 'the natural way'?

And where do your souls come from. Humanity grew exponentially in size in the last 100 years or so.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 06:23 AM   #292
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,877
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
All you people pick out the worst experience you can think of, but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined. We go on to build better and better civilisations, and evolve to a far higher state than the current level of the human race. There will be injustice and inhumanity and tragedy, but all is ultimately redeemed and compensated over thousands of lifetimes.

The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
There will be an end to the cycle of rebirths for the human race, and by that time we will be glorious beings of light. We then go on into eternity together.
Why can't we learn from having good stuff happen to us? If all we get is a life of misery and struggle, then all we can learn is that life sucks, we shouldn't expect any improvement, hope is pointless and we should become hardened, bitter and cynical, because we're going to get is inhumanity and tragedy.

I would much rather believe that life can be hopeful, that goodness is its own reward, and that there is a place for altruism, compassion and virtue.

This evil and sadistic spiritual dictatorship excludes all possibility of that, in favour of numerous lifetimes of hard labour, apparently because we deserve it and it's for our own good.

A truly wretched philosophy, and one I am truly glad has no basis in reality.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 07:03 AM   #293
The Shrike
Illuminator
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,500
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
More made up nonsense, Scorpion, based on a ridiculous world view without any evidence. There is no karma. No Chakras. No soul. No reincarnation. No spirit world. No etheric body. None of the guff you spout about here exists other than in your mind. It is delusional to espouse the existence of stuff for which there is no evidence, is internally inconsistent, and is logically flawed.
^This.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 07:07 AM   #294
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
What spirits?
Are those the spirits that are part of the human souls and thus, by your own definition not evolved yet and thus unable to comment on what would happen?
Or are they spirits that ARE evolved and thus are akin to a kindergarten teacher that lets a bully beat up all the other children without interfering because it is 'the natural way'?

And where do your souls come from. Humanity grew exponentially in size in the last 100 years or so.
I am talking about the spirit guides who come back to teach us through trance mediums. They are mostly advanced souls. They are not allowed to directly interfere in our freedom to act.
I believe there are a very large number of spirits in our family group, many of them on other planets, and many more in between incarnations or higher up in the spirit world. Apparently there was a big queue of spirits wanting to reincarnate here at this time because there is so much potential for advancement on the earth at the present time.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 07:09 AM   #295
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Why can't we learn from having good stuff happen to us?
I would much rather believe that life can be hopeful, that goodness is its own reward, and that there is a place for altruism, compassion and virtue.
I didn't say we couldn't.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 07:18 AM   #296
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Why does his soul need to be forgiven? His actions were part of your God's design? What you are saying is that we should forgive your God for the suffering he causes!
Hitler's actions were his own, and he has to answer for them, but we will not gain anything by hating him. Forgiving him is the best path for his victims.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:02 AM   #297
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
More made up nonsense, Scorpion, based on a ridiculous world view without any evidence. There is no karma. No Chakras. No soul. No reincarnation. No spirit world. No etheric body. None of the guff you spout about here exists other than in your mind. It is delusional to espouse the existence of stuff for which there is no evidence, is internally inconsistent, and is logically flawed.
Like you would know.

I have many years of experience of attending trance lectures, and my own psychic feelings dating back to the 1960's to tell me I am right.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:16 AM   #298
The Shrike
Illuminator
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,500
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I have many years of experience of attending trance lectures, and my own psychic feelings dating back to the 1960's to tell me I am right.
Translation: "After years of subjecting myself to the age-old tactics of people who make a living out of convincing people of things that aren't true, I became a true believer! Although, that's not entirely true, because I was already mostly a true believer when I started so that's why I went to see these people in the first place. In sum, I already believed some stuff that I spent years encouraging other people who sell that stuff to convince me that this stuff was true. Therefore, it is."
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:22 AM   #299
Yeggster
Master Poster
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,699
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
SO WHY DON'T YOU GO TO CHURCH?
Church every Sunday for a month? I could not afford that!!

What has this to do with Scorpions??
Yeggster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:23 AM   #300
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 9,915
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I have many years of experience of attending trance lectures, and my own psychic feelings dating back to the 1960's to tell me I am right.
Or you could be inadvertently fooling yourself. That would explain your experiences equally well.

How do you explain the fact that whenever the effect of cognitive biases, fallible perceptions and malleable memories are carefully eliminated the kind of experiences you're setting such store by simply disappear?
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:51 AM   #301
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,933
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hitler's actions were his own, and he has to answer for them, but we will not gain anything by hating him. Forgiving him is the best path for his victims.
Why is that exactly?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:56 AM   #302
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why is that exactly?
The victims of Hitler would be better off if they can free themselves of hatred of him. It will end the matter as far as they are concerned. Hitler will still have to account for his actions and every reaction. Which is a terrible amount of karma.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 08:58 AM   #303
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,877
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Why can't we learn from having good stuff happen to us?
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I didn't say we couldn't.
Actually, yes, you did.

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
but the spirit world teaches we live countless, suffering struggling lives, on this and other planets, and that is how the soul is refined.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 09:15 AM   #304
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 20,714
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Like you would know.
Yes, I would actually. There is no evidence, as I said. With millions of people seeking such evidence for hundreds of years, you'd think there would be something, wouldn't you. But no......there's not a jot. No evidence = no phenomena.

Quote:
I have many years of experience of attending trance lectures, and my own psychic feelings dating back to the 1960's to tell me I am right.
Yeah, but we were talking about evidence, not delusion.
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 09:50 AM   #305
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,985
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I am talking about the spirit guides who come back to teach us through trance mediums. They are mostly advanced souls. They are not allowed to directly interfere in our freedom to act.
By speaking to you through a "trance medium" that is exactly what they are doing.

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I believe there are a very large number of spirits in our family group, many of them on other planets, and many more in between incarnations or higher up in the spirit world. Apparently there was a big queue of spirits wanting to reincarnate here at this time because there is so much potential for advancement on the earth at the present time.
As Sulu would say "Oh myyyy"
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 09:53 AM   #306
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hitler's actions were his own, and he has to answer for them, but we will not gain anything by hating him. Forgiving him is the best path for his victims.
Um.......millions of his victims are all DEAD, and if they reincarnate they will NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING about a previous life......
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 10:23 AM   #307
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The spirits say the current state of human evolution is like we are in kindergarten, but we will gradually evolve to higher levels as a family of souls.
You do understand how the school system works, yes? Each higher grade/level builds on knowledge learned in the previous grade/level. So a kindergartner begins learning the alphabet so s/he can read and write, and numbers so s/he can learn maths, etc. In the next grade up, the little pupil will remember what was learned in kindergarten and be able to read and write, etc. because their memories are NOT ERASED BETWEEN GRADE LEVELS!!

How would there even exist a school/learning method on Earth if the child's memory is erased when they start a new grade/level???

And even worse, not only is the child's memory erased but the child is then horribly beaten for something they did wrong while in kindergarten which the child does not remember because his/her memory is erased. So the child does not even know why s/he is being beaten.

No one would ever learn or progress.

There would be nothing but a lifetime of ignorance and suffering.

Humans would be doomed to be kindergartners forever.

And suffer with no idea what they did wrong.

If the memory erasure does not work on Earth to advance learning, why the hell should "spirits" think it is a good learning method??? It is NOT a learning method and is doomed to failure.
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 11:07 AM   #308
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I have fifty years experience of dealing with schizophrenia, in different forms.
If it has done anything to me it has made me mentally stronger.
Did any of the spiritualist mediums tell you what you did in a previous life to "deserve" schizophrenia in this life?

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
athwollipot.
.....
card number three is not applicable to me because I am emotionally stunted and I don't give a damn about anyone any more.
How does "emotionally stunted" and "don't give a damn about anyone" = "mentally stronger"?

You said you received healing from spiritualist mediums, so why do you not "give a damn about anyone any more"?

Have you forgiven all the people in your life that made you feel not to "give a damn about anyone any more."?
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:24 PM   #309
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Did any of the spiritualist mediums tell you what you did in a previous life to "deserve" schizophrenia in this life?
I sat in a developing circle in an early attempt to make sense of voices I heard and the medium running the circle used to go into a trance, and a spirit guide that said he was a Chinaman spoke through the medium. He once said to me,
" You were not meant to have and easy life for reasons you have enough knowledge to understand. But, and I want you to remember this, you bring most of it on yourself".
He did not go into details of what I did in past lives but I knew that's what he meant.

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
How does "emotionally stunted" and "don't give a damn about anyone"
= "mentally stronger"?
Well I have survived fifty years of schizophrenia haven't I, and I still seem to have a more optimistic view of life than some people here.

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
You said you received healing from spiritualist mediums, so why do you not "give a damn about anyone any more"?
They cured the damage to my etheric body, but they could not fix the psychological impact of what I have been through. It has made me hard.

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Have you forgiven all the people in your life that made you feel not to "give a damn about anyone any more."?
I forgive a man who knocked me unconscious, although at the time I complained to the police, and tried to get him charged with it. But I now forgive, and try to forget everything anyone has ever done to me.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:34 PM   #310
Scorpion
Graduate Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,104
Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
You do understand how the school system works, yes? Each higher grade/level builds on knowledge learned in the previous grade/level. So a kindergartner begins learning the alphabet so s/he can read and write, and numbers so s/he can learn maths, etc. In the next grade up, the little pupil will remember what was learned in kindergarten and be able to read and write, etc. because their memories are NOT ERASED BETWEEN GRADE LEVELS!!

How would there even exist a school/learning method on Earth if the child's memory is erased when they start a new grade/level???

And even worse, not only is the child's memory erased but the child is then horribly beaten for something they did wrong while in kindergarten which the child does not remember because his/her memory is erased. So the child does not even know why s/he is being beaten.

No one would ever learn or progress.

There would be nothing but a lifetime of ignorance and suffering.

Humans would be doomed to be kindergartners forever.

And suffer with no idea what they did wrong.

If the memory erasure does not work on Earth to advance learning, why the hell should "spirits" think it is a good learning method??? It is NOT a learning method and is doomed to failure.
I attended a trance lecture by the late Ursula Roberts in the 1970's and she said if we could remember all our past lives and what we have done it might drive us mad. We live new incarnations precisely because our memory of past actions are erased. But the qualities we have learned in past incarnations are carried over as latent aspects of our character.

You would probably not dispute with me that some people are more spiritual than others. I think this is because the qualities they have learned in past lives are shining through. Civilisation is climbing slowly upward through the efforts of such individuals.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:55 PM   #311
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,933
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The victims of Hitler would be better off if they can free themselves of hatred of him. It will end the matter as far as they are concerned. Hitler will still have to account for his actions and every reaction. Which is a terrible amount of karma.
How so?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:55 PM   #312
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I sat in a developing circle in an early attempt to make sense of voices I heard and the medium running the circle used to go into a trance, and a spirit guide that said he was a Chinaman spoke through the medium.
The word, "Chinaman" is considered a slur. No Chinese person would use that term.

And why do spirits have earth ethnicities?

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
He once said to me,
" You were not meant to have and easy life for reasons you have enough knowledge to understand. But, and I want you to remember this, you bring most of it on yourself".
Do you know what a Barnum statement is?


Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
He did not go into details of what I did in past lives but I knew that's what he meant.
Do you know what the Forer effect is?
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 12:59 PM   #313
Thor 2
Illuminator
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 3,030
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I attended a trance lecture by the late Ursula Roberts in the 1970's and she said if we could remember all our past lives and what we have done it might drive us mad. We live new incarnations precisely because our memory of past actions are erased. But the qualities we have learned in past incarnations are carried over as latent aspects of our character.

You would probably not dispute with me that some people are more spiritual than others. I think this is because the qualities they have learned in past lives are shining through. Civilisation is climbing slowly upward through the efforts of such individuals.

Ah so we are back here again. Civilisation progressing and resulting reduction in suffering as a consequence I suppose.

This is following along the lines it was going in that other thread "Scorpion's Spiritualism" where I made this comment and you bailed out.

Quote:
@ Scorpion,

I see you did not answer my:

Quote:
But, but, but, you say we need the suffering to progress. If we no longer have wars in the future, then planet Earth will have outlived it's usefulness as a place for soul development.
I do understand why because it illustrates the nonsense you are saying here. If the reason for our existence as mortals, is to experience suffering so we can progress and develop spiritually, then where we live, planet Earth, must remain a place of suffering. Therefore any progress towards a peaceful and caring coexistence must be resisted.
__________________
There are billions of gods. One or more in the mind of every theist.

Last edited by Thor 2; 19th November 2017 at 01:00 PM.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:03 PM   #314
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I attended a trance lecture by the late Ursula Roberts in the 1970's and she said if we could remember all our past lives and what we have done it might drive us mad.
Why?

Do university students generally go mad simply because they remember their younger life as a primary and secondary school student?

HOW could they even go to university if they did NOT REMEMBER what they learned in school when younger?

Last edited by Zivan; 19th November 2017 at 01:07 PM.
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:06 PM   #315
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 79,167
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I am talking about the spirit guides who come back to teach us through trance mediums. They are mostly advanced souls. They are not allowed to directly interfere in our freedom to act.
I believe there are a very large number of spirits in our family group, many of them on other planets, and many more in between incarnations or higher up in the spirit world. Apparently there was a big queue of spirits wanting to reincarnate here at this time because there is so much potential for advancement on the earth at the present time.
You mean these trance mediums that also charge for tarot readings?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:08 PM   #316
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 79,167
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hitler's actions were his own, and he has to answer for them, but we will not gain anything by hating him. Forgiving him is the best path for his victims.
You need to get your beliefs sorted out. According to you the karma angels decide the earthly incarnation so that someone learns a lesson or lessons or evolves how then was it Hitler's choice?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:09 PM   #317
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 79,167
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Like you would know.

I have many years of experience of attending trance lectures, and my own psychic feelings dating back to the 1960's to tell me I am right.
After the trance lecture did you ever pay to have a one to one reading and have the tarot readings these mediums almost all offer?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:17 PM   #318
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Hitler's actions were his own, and he has to answer for them, but we will not gain anything by hating him. Forgiving him is the best path for his victims.
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
You need to get your beliefs sorted out. According to you the karma angels decide the earthly incarnation so that someone learns a lesson or lessons or evolves how then was it Hitler's choice?
And why should any of Hitler's victims forgive him? The victims suffered because it was karma payback for something bad they did in a past life. Hitler was simply helping them to evolve. What a wonderful soul that Hitler was, right?
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 01:46 PM   #319
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,830
Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
And why should any of Hitler's victims forgive him? The victims suffered because it was karma payback for something bad they did in a past life. Hitler was simply helping them to evolve. What a wonderful soul that Hitler was, right?
It couldn't have been Hitler's fault anyway, Scorpion has told us that "Angels of Karma" guide us to the life we need to live and


Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
No Hitler's soul would not have known what he was going to do. That would be totally inhibiting to the soul and it would not want to incarnate.
So Hitler's soul would not have wanted to incarnate and carry out these deeds but the "Angels of Karma" made him do it. Psychopathic winged bastards that they are.
__________________
"I know my brain cannot tell me what to think." - Scorpion
P.J. Denyer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2017, 02:22 PM   #320
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 666
Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
So Hitler's soul would not have wanted to incarnate and carry out these deeds but the "Angels of Karma" made him do it. Psychopathic winged bastards that they are.
And......then it becomes even more psychopathic because

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
........his soul carries a very heavy karmic debt that he cannot pay in unknown numbers of future incarnations.
"unknown numbers of future incarnations" of innocent tiny newborn babies are doomed to live lives of horrible suffering because they will all be incarnations of Hitler's soul which carries a "very heavy karmic debt that he cannot pay....".

Where does this horrible, revolting, disgusting, unbelievably psychopathic idea of "karma" end?
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.