ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , al franken , sex scandals , sexual abuse incidents , sexual harassment charges , sexual harassment issues

Old 7th December 2017, 05:04 PM   #1841
C_Felix
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I started a MoveOn petition:

Subject: Senator Franken DO NOT RESIGN

Hi,

Senator Franken is one of our most effective Senators, he has championed women's rights for decades. The accusations against him simply do not rise to the same level as the accusations against the other sexual abusers. We are letting the GOP bully us. We should and can stand up to this false equivalence.

That's why I created a petition to The United States Senate, which says:

"Don't let the GOP bully us into dumping Franken. The accusations against him simply do not meet the sexual predator/abuser definition."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/sen...&r_by=12563778

Thanks!
I read somewhere - forgot where - that Franken is going to wait and see if Roy Moore wins in AL to decide if he is really resigning or not.
Old 7th December 2017, 05:08 PM   #1842
logger
Philosopher

Hi,

Senator Franken is one of our most effective Senators, he has championed women's rights for decades. The accusations against him simply do not rise to the same level as the accusations against the other sexual abusers. We are letting the GOP bully us. We should and can stand up to this false equivalence.

"Don't let the GOP bully us into dumping Franken. The accusations against him simply do not meet the sexual predator/abuser definition."

Thanks!

The Dems are solely responsible for his resignation.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 05:08 PM   #1843
Bob001
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
When have the Democrats ever had the moral high ground?
Most of the time, actually. Fundamentally, Democrats, liberals, progressives support a basic principle of inclusivity: We're all in the same boat even if on different decks, we all have obligations and responsibilities to each other, winners don't get to win everything and losers don't have to lose everything.

Republicans and self-styled "conservatives" promote exclusivity: them vs. us, "makers" vs. "takers," "the 47%," the deserving and undeserving, etc., etc., most recently demonstrated by a Republican tax bill that would give the biggest breaks to the wealthiest people in the world, vastly increasing the budget deficit, followed by Paul Ryan's promise to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security due to the "terrible" budget deficit. Lies, fraud and hypocrisy.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...206-story.html

I think you would find that Democratic principles are more consistent with the core tenets of all major religions and most social philosophies, and Republican "principles" are the ones most often decried and reviled.

Last edited by Bob001; 7th December 2017 at 05:09 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 05:09 PM   #1844
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Honoring the experiences of the women who were molested by Al Franken?
The accusations of women, you mean?
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 05:11 PM   #1845
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
OK, so you can sit over there with thaiboxerken, logger, and Ginger. You're all saying pretty much the same thing: "my sexual predator is acceptable, because otherwise the other party might win!"

**** that.
There is no credible evidence that Al Franken is a sexual predator. This was a hit job, pure and simple. It worked even better than the Republicans wanted, they get Moore in and Al out.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 05:12 PM   #1846
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

OK, so you can sit over there with thaiboxerken, logger, and Ginger. You're all saying pretty much the same thing: "my sexual predator is acceptable, because otherwise the other party might win!"
Nope. Try again.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:01 PM   #1847
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

So let me make sure I've got the narrative clear. Women never make up sexual harassment accusations... unless those accusations are against Democrats. Is that were we are pretty much at right now?

"Hating a bad thing does not make you good." - David Wong
JoeBentley is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:11 PM   #1848
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

**** that.
Excuse me! That is not what I said at all and you are doing the same thing that was done upthread in multiple posts, handwaving away the presented facts and substituting your dishonest version.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:12 PM   #1849
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
I read somewhere - forgot where - that Franken is going to wait and see if Roy Moore wins in AL to decide if he is really resigning or not.
It is hopeful he said "in a couple weeks" or some similar timeframe.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:15 PM   #1850
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
So let me make sure I've got the narrative clear. Women never make up sexual harassment accusations... unless those accusations are against Democrats. Is that were we are pretty much at right now?
More straw. Why don't you address the actual points that have been presented over and over.

As far as I'm concerned, the people holding to this narrative are the ones that want Franken out.

There, how do you like that, I boiled your points (do you have any points?) down to your partisan POV.
Old 7th December 2017, 06:19 PM   #1851
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Excuse me! That is not what I said at all and you are doing the same thing that was done upthread in multiple posts, handwaving away the presented facts and substituting your dishonest version.
Not at all, your basic claim is that all Franken's accusers are lying, and that it's a frameup job by political hacks and "fake news."

The very same claim made by supporters of Trump and Moore. The only difference is which team you're on.

#believewomenwhenpoliticallyconvenient
Old 7th December 2017, 06:21 PM   #1852
angrysoba
Philosophile

Hi,

Thanks!
It’s not a question of whether it rises to the same level as Moore, Trump or Ghengis Khan. We can always find worse people. The question is whether or not Franken’s behaviour is acceptable. Many people including many Democratic Senators think it is not. Now you are arguing that they don’t really believe this but are being “bullied” by the GOP. This is totally ridiculous.

What is your argument now? Is it that:

a) the accusers are lying or mistaken
b) the accusations, if true, are no big deal
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)

Last edited by angrysoba; 7th December 2017 at 06:22 PM.
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:25 PM   #1853
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I might believe the accusers if Roger Stone didn't let us know that there would be some prior to the accusations coming.
Old 7th December 2017, 06:26 PM   #1854
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It's an interesting development, and although I suspect that Franken's transgressions are more minor than those of either Trump or Moore, they're real, and by resigning he has at least distinguished himself from them and put his money where his mouth is. It may be, as some suggest, a Democratic party action that led him to resign, but he's a Democrat too, and it's likely a good decision, painful though it may be. Of course I have no real confidence in the public, nor in the perennial apologists for Republican cynicism and hypocrisy, but it does help establish a difference between the party that (better late than never) sends predators packing and the one that happily endorses them.

Whether or not that makes any difference in the end, who knows? But at least it should help shut up the "tu quoque" chorus that invokes Franken every time someone suggests that a teen-stalking creep who threatens his victims should probably not be a senator.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:31 PM   #1855
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But at least it should help shut up the "tu quoque" chorus that invokes Franken every time someone suggests that a teen-stalking creep who threatens his victims should probably not be a senator.
No, it will not.
Old 7th December 2017, 06:32 PM   #1856
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

But at least it should help shut up the "tu quoque" chorus that invokes Franken every time someone suggests that a teen-stalking creep who threatens his victims should probably not be a senator.
Only if "Well at least we get rid of our sexual harassers!" absolves the Democrat Party of their "guilt." ("Guilt" isn't exactly the phrase/concept I'm shooting for here. Taint? Stain? Something sorta along those lines...)

I mean I guess just having high elected leaders who aren't sexual harassers in the first place is just not an option we're allowed to talk about. As long as one side can claim they are better than the other side all talk has to stop. There are no standards but comparative standards.

Again I've just accepted that a not insignificant percent of the population is just literally, no exaggeration, mentally incapable of not framing everything in a "Well as long as 'my side' is better" framework, but they at least have to start accepting that there are people out there who are able to just have standards outside of political whataboutism.

"Hating a bad thing does not make you good." - David Wong

Last edited by JoeBentley; 7th December 2017 at 06:34 PM.
JoeBentley is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:39 PM   #1857
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Lewinsky didn't accuse Clinton of any misbehavior.
And Jones was put up to it by the GOP that provided 6-figure lawyer for her and she ended up with a 6-figure payout to stop the appeals after she lost the case. Before the GOP offered her potential cash she had no interest in filing a lawsuit.

Broderick and Wiley are different cases and Clinton obviously had a problem.
Old 7th December 2017, 06:44 PM   #1858
phiwum
Philosopher

If your concern about doing the right thing revolves around dividends (political or otherwise), you should probably stop pretending your concerns are moral.
Nice point.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 06:54 PM   #1859
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

It's an interesting development, and although I suspect that Franken's transgressions are more minor than those of either Trump or Moore, they're real, and by resigning he has at least distinguished himself from them and put his money where his mouth is. It may be, as some suggest, a Democratic party action that led him to resign, but he's a Democrat too, and it's likely a good decision, painful though it may be. Of course I have no real confidence in the public, nor in the perennial apologists for Republican cynicism and hypocrisy, but it does help establish a difference between the party that (better late than never) sends predators packing and the one that happily endorses them.

Whether or not that makes any difference in the end, who knows? But at least it should help shut up the "tu quoque" chorus that invokes Franken every time someone suggests that a teen-stalking creep who threatens his victims should probably not be a senator.
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
No, it will not.
Hee hee!! Tell me you guys are being ironic, because if so, awesome!!!
Old 7th December 2017, 07:07 PM   #1860
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

If a woman accuses a man of sexual assault/harrassment, there are three possibilities:

1) The accusations are completely true.

2) The accusations are completely false.

3) The accusations aren’t completely true, but the accused engaged in just enough inappropriate behavior to make a full-throated denial impossible.

Franken brought this on himself.

Resigning is the right thing to do.

Let the Republicans be the party of pussy grabbers and child molesters.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 07:41 PM   #1861
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
I know - but he was defended at the time. Lewinsky, Jones, Broaddrick, and the others were not believed and had their reputations attacked. You and I and many others now look back on that with distaste, or, if we were old enough to be politically savvy at the time, shame. We (liberal/progressive/Democrats/and the like) changed our perception of such things, or were replaced by the newer generations.

A good many conservatives don't care about the change in lib/prog/dem perspective, though. They need a whatabout proxy, and Clinton is the best they have - and that's weak tea.
And still trotting out the corpse of Ted Kennedy. Not to mention Robert “Democrat klansman” Byrd for other special occasions. But to be fair, Nixon still ranks among the greats in the bogeyman hall of fame.

In other words, whatever brush paints most, best.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 7th December 2017 at 07:42 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 07:49 PM   #1862
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
He put his arm around her waist and squeezed twice and as a result,

"It shrunk me. It’s like I was no longer a person, only ornamental. It said, “You don’t matter—and I do.”

What a pile of pish.
Quite.
Old 7th December 2017, 07:52 PM   #1863
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
There is no point in winning if you live with low moral character.
...in a perfect world.
Old 7th December 2017, 07:57 PM   #1864
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Pitiful indeed. They should've stood by their sexual predator out of political considerations. It's the American way!

Honoring the experiences of the women who were molested by Al Franken?
Exaggeration tends to weaken arguments, not strengthen them.
Old 7th December 2017, 07:58 PM   #1865
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
The people who want power get their power. The people who care about Character maintain theirs. Sounds win win.

Almost By definition, people who have character do not maintain it for external rewards.
And that helps the poor and working class how?
Old 7th December 2017, 08:17 PM   #1866
Bob001
Philosopher

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
He said pretty clearly that he will resign in the next few weeks, after saying he couldn't represent the people of Minnesota effectively. The majority of Democratic senators have called for his resignation. Nothing tentative about his statement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.618e978249db
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2017, 08:23 PM   #1867
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
If a woman accuses a man of sexual assault/harrassment, there are three possibilities:

1) The accusations are completely true.

2) The accusations are completely false.

3) The accusations aren’t completely true, but the accused engaged in just enough inappropriate behavior to make a full-throated denial impossible.

Franken brought this on himself.

Resigning is the right thing to do.

Let the Republicans be the party of pussy grabbers and child molesters.
I’ll suggest another possibility:

4) Different people can (and often do) have radically different interpretations and subsequent judgements of behavior.

Presented with what on first glance appears to be a clear-cut scenario, one may objectively find there can be more than one valid choice among possibilities.
Old 7th December 2017, 08:56 PM   #1868
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
I’ll suggest another possibility:

4) Different people can (and often do) have radically different interpretations and subsequent judgements of behavior.

Presented with what on first glance appears to be a clear-cut scenario, one may objectively find there can be more than one valid choice among possibilities.
That sounds like jk's option (3) to me.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 12:50 AM   #1869
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Masha Gessen in the New Yorker:

Al Franken’s Resignation and the Selective Force of #MeToo

Quote:
On what he called the worst day of his political life, Senator Al Franken articulated two points that are central to understanding what has become known as the #MeToo moment. In an eleven-minute speech, in which Franken announced his intention to resign from the Senate, he made this much clear: the force that is ending his political career is greater than the truth, and this force operates on only roughly half of this country’s population—those who voted for Hillary Clinton and who consume what we still refer to as mainstream media.

There was one notable absence in his speech: Franken did not apologize. In fact, he made it clear that he disagreed with his accusers. “Some of the allegations against me are simply not true,” he said. “Others I remember very differently.” Earlier, Franken had in fact apologized to his accusers, and he didn’t take his apologies back now, but he made it plain that they had been issued in the hopes of facilitating a conversation and an investigation that would clear him. He had, it seems, been attempting to buy calm time to work while a Senate ethics committee looked into the accusations. But, by Thursday morning, thirty-two Democratic senators had called on Franken to resign. The force of the #MeToo moment leaves no room for due process, or, indeed, for Franken’s own constituents to consider their choice.

Still, the force works selectively. “I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party,” said Franken, referring to Donald Trump and the Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore. Trump and Moore are immune because the blunt irresistible force works only on the other half of the country.

. . .
Not sure if I agree with her but it's an interesting perspective.
Old 8th December 2017, 01:31 AM   #1870
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Franken resigning is the right thing to do from a moral perspective, and even politically, it's likely the right thing to do in the long term. Short term, it gives people like the conservatives crowing jubilantly in this thread the opportunity to shift the focus from the complete moral rot the GOP is in, but long term, the question of sexual harassment is becoming such a big issue that to do the right thing now prevents you from having to do the "right" thing later, and it shows which party is really about personal responsibility.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 01:39 AM   #1871
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Short term, it gives people like the conservatives crowing jubilantly in this thread the opportunity to shift the focus from the complete moral rot the GOP is in ...
Well they crow at their own peril, because the contrast with Moore, Trump et al. could not be more conspicuous.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 01:49 AM   #1872
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Well they crow at their own peril, because the contrast with Moore, Trump et al. could not be more conspicuous.
So what ?

The great misinformed majority of the US electorate go away with the idea that Al Franken is some kind of terrible sexual predator - after all if a guy who molested 14-year olds is fine, what must Al Franken have done to actually resign - whilst people who do molest 14-year olds, or grab ****** are just good ol' boys or are indulging in locker room talk.

For low information voters, the Democratic Party are the party of sexual predators (Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Anthony Wiener, Al Franken) whereas the GOP is merely fighting a valiant rearguard action against the evils of political correctness.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 01:52 AM   #1873
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
So what ?

The great misinformed majority of the US electorate go away with the idea that Al Franken is some kind of terrible sexual predator - after all if a guy who molested 14-year olds is fine, what must Al Franken have done to actually resign - whilst people who do molest 14-year olds, or grab ****** are just good ol' boys or are indulging in locker room talk.

For low information voters, the Democratic Party are the party of sexual predators (Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Anthony Wiener, Al Franken) whereas the GOP is merely fighting a valiant rearguard action against the evils of political correctness.
What can be done about the low information voters?

One thing that shouldn’t be done is to consider whether or not someone should resign on the basis of what stupid people might think about it.

It should be done on the basis of whether or not the offense merited resignation.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 01:52 AM   #1874
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
...in a perfect world.
The Hebrews of Masada did not live in a perfect world.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 01:55 AM   #1875
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
And that helps the poor and working class how?
As voters, it is up to each person to decide how much they want the candidate to act ethically. If the poor and working class prioritize receiving largesse from the state over ethical leadership, they can choose candidates who do also.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 02:22 AM   #1876
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
What can be done about the low information voters?

One thing that shouldn’t be done is to consider whether or not someone should resign on the basis of what stupid people might think about it.

It should be done on the basis of whether or not the offense merited resignation.
True, I was pointing out that when Minoosh said....

Originally Posted by Minoosh
...that I disagree, or more accurately there is a conspicuous contrast but for low information voters (who are the majority), the contrast is entirely in the other direction - GOP good and honourable, Democratic Party - full of sexual predators.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 02:55 AM   #1877
Minoosh
Philosopher

So what ?

I think this picture is painted with overly broad strokes. Even Hannity was apparently somewhat disgusted by Moore. So was Mitch McConnell. Surely Fox News voters have noticed the absence of Bill O'Reilly. There are plenty of Republicans who are far from OK with sexual harassers, and "whataboutism" has taken a blow.

I know a few Trump voters. A very low sample, but I think they're getting a bit tired of him. My nephew volunteered that he hadn't worn his NFL clothes all year - the implication that he began distancing himself from the NFL before Trump's tantrums. Clearly he did not want to be seen as just jumping on Trump's bandwagon. He idolizes my father and who did my father fight? Nazis. My brother earlier ridiculed Trump's statement that there was violence on "many sides" in Charlottesville. His complaint was that there were only 2 sides, so he objected on a technicality. But he thought it was stupid, and said so.

Weak tea? Yes. But things are starting to add up. The Russia investigation is the least of it, IMO, but it's trivially true that Trump encouraged Russia to hack into U.S. servers, and that he made a fairly clear attempt to ask Jim Comey to go light on Michael Flynn. His tweeting makes it painfully obvious that he does not keep his eye on the ball ... even if his followers agree with every tweet.

I don't learn much about Trump supporters if I picture them as an undifferentiated mass. They are individuals, with there own opinions on sexual harassment, defending Nazis, vows to increase pollution and dozens of other issues that could cause different groups to peel off from hardcore support. There are the hardcore crowd, of course. But the share of Republican voters is shrinking; it's dropped about 4 percentage points.

I know this is too much of an answer in relation to the thread topic. I'm just saying, it's cumulative. I believe he is slowly losing support, as is the GOP. Knock on wood. If I want to talk more about this I'll do so in the Trump presidency thread.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2017, 04:13 AM   #1878
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

So what ?

Have you thought working for the republicans? You've got a great feel for their double-speak!
Old 8th December 2017, 04:40 AM   #1879
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Trump is a compulsive liar. For him, telling lies is like breathing. He would happily tell lies about grabbing pussies even if he had never touched one in his life.

The guy is notorious for telling lies but then all of a sudden when he talks about pussies he's telling truths? Nope!
Overlooking the fact there are women who credibly allege Trump actually did what he said he did.
Old 8th December 2017, 04:58 AM   #1880
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jerrymander View Post
And you probably won't learn until someone close to you is victimized by someone in power and they are allowed to stay in power because someone did not have a HD video of the assault.
I won't wait decades to speak up, though.

I'm glad that you seem to agree that some evidence is necessary, but sad to see that you jumped to claiming that I want HD video of an event before I believe it happened.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 8th December 2017 at 04:59 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics