ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 24th November 2017, 04:36 AM   #241
Mumbles
Illuminator

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Did you know the F-35 is literally invisible?

How do the pilots find it so they can get into it?
Well, it was never a problem for the Super Friends...

(I'm assuming that someone dumbed down the decades-old concept of stealth technology so that the dullard could understand it, and they just told him "It's like they're invisible".)
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 05:49 AM   #242
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
There's no mention of his made-up story about Obama's plane being refused landing rights in the Philippines?
I forget where, but the next day I was pointed to a video of a commentator pointing out the falseness of the claim.

It’s just so common, I think many are inured to it. I think his base sees pointing it out as nit-picking.

For the rest of us, and history, of course, it just gets added to a list of false claims that may help define his presidency.

Kind of like “I didn’t inhale” or “It depends on what the meaning of is is” or “I did not have sex with that woman...” provide insight into Bill Clinton, overriding the many more substantive successes and failures of his presidency.
Old 24th November 2017, 06:47 AM   #243
C_Felix
Master Poster

So this happened last night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Louis and Geordi.jpg (12.4 KB, 116 views)
Old 24th November 2017, 06:52 AM   #244
C_Felix
Master Poster

A more concise version:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Louis and Geordi -2 .jpg (19.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 24th November 2017, 06:56 AM   #245
Argumemnon
World Maker

Too small to read.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 07:13 AM   #246
C_Felix
Master Poster

Trying again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Louis 3.jpg (42.9 KB, 79 views)
Old 24th November 2017, 07:35 AM   #247
fagin
Illuminator

I don't really understand Twitter anyway.
Old 24th November 2017, 09:21 AM   #248
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Em...7s_New_Clothes

Quote:
"The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish: Kejserens nye Klæder) is a short tale written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent.
(My bold)

Seems appropriate.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 09:45 AM   #249
TellyKNeasuss
Graduate Poster

How do the pilots find it so they can get into it?
Presumably, the same way the Klingons and Romulans managed to get into their cloaked ships.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 09:45 AM   #250
Segnosaur
Philosopher

"Amazing job … so amazing we are ordering hundreds of millions of dollars of new planes for the Air Force, especially the F-35. You like the F-35? ... you can't see it. You literally can't see it. It's hard to fight a plane you can't see," Mr Trump said in October.
"The F-35 program and cost is out of control. Billions of dollars can and will be saved on military (and other) purchases after January 20th."
- Donald Trump

"I do hear that it’s not very good"
- Donald Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...p-f-35/510329/

Yeah ok, these quotes were from almost a year ago. Just goes to show how Trump is almost like a wind sock, taking direction from whomever seems to be blowing hot air at the time.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 09:50 AM   #251
TellyKNeasuss
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
"The F-35 program and cost is out of control. Billions of dollars can and will be saved on military (and other) purchases after January 20th."
- Donald Trump

"I do hear that it’s not very good"
- Donald Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...p-f-35/510329/

Yeah ok, these quotes were from almost a year ago. Just goes to show how Trump is almost like a wind sock, taking direction from whomever seems to be blowing hot air at the time.
More like a magnet. He's always being pulled in the direction of what his audience wants to hear.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 10:46 AM   #252
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
More like a magnet. He's always being pulled in the direction of what his audience wants to hear.
Obama's F35 was rubbish. The Trump F35 is a huge improvement, naturally.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 11:04 AM   #253
Segnosaur
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
It helps that they replaced the pilot's flight helmet with an orange toupee.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 11:48 AM   #254
Segnosaur
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
The F35, as flown by a Trump supporter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f35_nuts.JPG (5.9 KB, 252 views)

We are Groot - Groot
Old 24th November 2017, 11:52 AM   #255
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
Trying again.

Ugh. Where's that line where ignorance becomes delusion, and where delusion becomes and actually symptom of mental illness?

Surely, for at least some people, the intensity with which they seem to cling to their ignorance is a product of some unfortunate defect that goes beyond typical bias.

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 24th November 2017 at 11:53 AM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 03:50 PM   #256
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

A tweet from Trump a few minutes ago:

Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

Key Word: Petty
Old 24th November 2017, 05:00 PM   #257
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

I doubt a man willing to fake a Time magazine cover to hang in his golf clubs would turn this down.

Key Word: Liar
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 05:21 PM   #258
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Now I am going to have to go look at the responses tearing into him.
Usually some pretty good stuff, interspersed with memes made by trolls or
the fanatical base.

Off topic. Hey Fast Eddie, have you heard about the effort to recall the Secretary
of State Brian Kemp?

Some voting irregularities (putting it nicely) have happened with him at the
helm and the AG will not represent him in a legal case about the server
that was wiped.
Old 24th November 2017, 05:47 PM   #259
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Time does award Man of the Year to people who are awful sometimes, it's not always a great man.

Trump's Tweet is suspicious but I can see Time awarding him based on him being the most infamous ass of the year.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 06:00 PM   #260
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
So this happened last night
Did someone copy and paste my post into facebook?

You do gotta love that kind of complete abandonment of reality when they defend attacking Burton.
Old 24th November 2017, 06:02 PM   #261
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

What an utter embarrassment, America.
Old 24th November 2017, 06:39 PM   #262
Tero
Graduate Poster

Trump is going to end welfare. This is so that the 3 million people that voted for Hillary over him are punished. (Sorry, missed words)

Last edited by Tero; 24th November 2017 at 07:39 PM.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 06:47 PM   #263
C_Felix
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Did someone copy and paste my post into facebook?

You do gotta love that kind of complete abandonment of reality when they defend attacking Burton.
Yes...yes I did copy and paste it.
Old 24th November 2017, 06:49 PM   #264
C_Felix
Master Poster

Has there been a statement from Time on this?
Old 24th November 2017, 07:05 PM   #265
Civet
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Trump is going to end welfare. This is so that the 3 million people that voted for Hillary over him.
Looks like they aren't putting out details of his welfare reform plan just yet. I'm going to go ahead and predict a focus on more work requirements for receiving benefits, more money/personnel put into enforcement to catch welfare cheats, maybe drug testing for recipients or something like that. Since this is one of those things that Trump can't do without Congress, I'll also guess that this won't go quite how he'd like.
Civet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 07:26 PM   #266
Mumbles
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
Looks like they aren't putting out details of his welfare reform plan just yet. I'm going to go ahead and predict a focus on more work requirements for receiving benefits, more money/personnel put into enforcement to catch welfare cheats, maybe drug testing for recipients or something like that. Since this is one of those things that Trump can't do without Congress, I'll also guess that this won't go quite how he'd like.
Well, if it's anything like the last round of "reform", it'll be somewhere between worthless and actively harmful - and yes, I know that round was due in part to Bill Clinton. Since it's likely to be designed by Toupee Fiasco and the other white supremacists in the administration, I'll go ahead and guess it'll be based on old racial stereotypes from the Reagan Era.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 07:40 PM   #267
Mumbles
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
And from @time;

"The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6."
Old 24th November 2017, 08:41 PM   #268
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Odd that The Hair thought that Time wouldn't call him out on his lie.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 08:50 PM   #269
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Odd that Trump has never, ever worried about that, which is why I'm pretty sure that he is clinically delusional.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2017, 08:59 PM   #270
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Fake fake news.
Old 24th November 2017, 09:28 PM   #271
Octavo
Illuminator

I wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread or not, mods can split later if necessary.

The Trump administration once again goes all out anti-science, canceling satellites important in helping us understand climate change.

Quote:
But though OCO-2 is poised to continue delivering crucial insights into anthropogenic climate change and its impact on the carbon cycle, its companion mission, OCO-3, is in limbo after the Trump administration's 2018 budget proposal suggested it be axed, along with*four other NASA missions*focused on Earth science and climate change. These cancellations are part of President Trump's broader pattern of marginalizing climate change research, including his decisions to*pull the US*from the Paris climate accord and*end the Clean Power Plan.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...e-change-trump
Old 25th November 2017, 03:55 AM   #272
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Time does award Man of the Year to people who are awful sometimes, it's not always a great man.

Trump's Tweet is suspicious but I can see Time awarding him based on him being the most infamous ass of the year.
No one broke more jaws by making them drop awfully hard on the pavement like the Trumpster did.
Old 25th November 2017, 04:07 AM   #273
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump tweet.

Seems that wall is getting longer. All the way from Mexico to Egypt.
The Ban? Who is he banning? Didn't he say it wasn't a ban?

Quote:
Will be calling the President of Egypt in a short while to discuss the tragic terrorist attack, with so much loss of life. We have to get TOUGHER AND SMARTER than ever before, and we will. Need the WALL, need the BAN! God bless the people of Egypt.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 04:08 AM   #274
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why? It makes no difference if they do or they don't.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 04:18 AM   #275
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Please Time, make it Comey, Mueller or Carmen Cruz.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 04:30 AM   #276
TheSupermeerkat
Thinker

The Trump Presidency Part IV

Why? It makes no difference if they do or they don't.
Nvm.
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 05:14 AM   #277
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Odd that Trump has never, ever worried about that, which is why I'm pretty sure that he is clinically delusional.
Even odder is that, to date, it has served him well.
Old 25th November 2017, 06:27 AM   #278
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

What surprised me is that The PDJT actually was Person of the Year for 2016. All I remembered was his fake TIME cover he had made for himself.

My vote goes for the North Korean defector. That incident is going to have such far-reaching consequences. (And it would really piss The PDJT off.)
Old 25th November 2017, 07:15 AM   #279
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

The “of the Year” person, group, or thing acknowledgment (as most know, it’s not an award or necessarily an honor) by Time will go to some aspect of the sex harassment/abuse story. (I’m thinking an actual person won’t be named considering the pivotal figure, Harvey Weinstein, is way too toxic.)
Old 25th November 2017, 07:21 AM   #280
C_Felix
Master Poster

Check out the pizza I made!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (26.6 KB, 15 views)

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics