ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 25th November 2017, 07:49 AM   #281
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
The “of the Year” person, group, or thing acknowledgment (as most know, it’s not an award or necessarily an honor) by Time will go to some aspect of the sex harassment/abuse story. (I’m thinking an actual person won’t be named considering the pivotal figure, Harvey Weinstein, is way too toxic.)
I'd wager it's the women who stepped forward to make the allegations.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 08:22 AM   #282
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I can actually imagine that Trump and his staff may have been pranked by someone calling the WH and claiming to be from Time. He's extremely gullible about some things.

My guess for the actual POTY is Vlad Putin.

Hmm, POTY. Maybe Trump could be Person Of The The Year....
Old 25th November 2017, 08:40 AM   #283
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump tweet.

Seems that wall is getting longer. All the way from Mexico to Egypt.
The Ban? Who is he banning? Didn't he say it wasn't a ban?

Quote:
Will be calling the President of Egypt in a short while to discuss the tragic terrorist attack, with so much loss of life. We have to get TOUGHER AND SMARTER than ever before, and we will. Need the WALL, need the BAN! God bless the people of Egypt.
I don't think anyone would disagree that Trump does need to get smarter - so for once I find myself in agreement with Trump!
Old 25th November 2017, 09:18 AM   #284
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
That would be excellent!
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 09:19 AM   #285
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I can actually imagine that Trump and his staff may have been pranked by someone calling the WH and claiming to be from Time. He's extremely gullible about some things. ....
Ooo, that would be cool. I hope they release the audio soon.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 09:27 AM   #286
C_Felix
Master Poster

Any chance that Andy Kaufman didn't die and he is playing Trump and the whole joke is on us?
Old 25th November 2017, 09:30 AM   #287
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
That would be excellent!
Not just against Trump, but all women who have come forward
Old 25th November 2017, 11:22 AM   #288
chrispy
Critical Thinker

An interesting, if extremely partisan, look at Trump and his Time Magazine obsession.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/11/25/politic...ine/index.html
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 11:27 AM   #289
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Absolutely a fantastic idea!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 11:30 AM   #290
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Although it was intended to be a secret, Time Magazine called me to tell me I would be 2017 Person of the Year due to my overall awesomeness. Although I fully expected this, I turned down the well-deserved honor due to my modesty and desire to live quietly. Which I thought everyone should know about.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 12:01 PM   #291
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Although it was intended to be a secret, Time Magazine called me to tell me I would be 2017 Person of the Year due to my overall awesomeness. Although I fully expected this, I turned down the well-deserved honor due to my modesty and desire to live quietly. Which I thought everyone should know about.
You already got the TLA Award. What else do you need?
Old 25th November 2017, 12:17 PM   #292
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

He is still considering The Vatican's offer of Sainthood
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 01:21 PM   #293
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
You already got the TLA Award. What else do you need?
That symbol does go away at the end of the month, right? I hope so. I am intimidated by it every time I post because I cannot live up to what one would expect of an awardee. I am a "one-hit-wonder."
Old 25th November 2017, 01:31 PM   #294
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
An interesting, if extremely partisan, look at Trump and his Time Magazine obsession.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/11/25/politic...ine/index.html

It seemed to be factual.

Is that what made it extremely partisan? A straightforward presentation of facts?
Old 25th November 2017, 01:34 PM   #295
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I'm afraid that even Andy Murray has made that joke
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 01:56 PM   #296
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree that Trump does need to get smarter - so for once I find myself in agreement with Trump!
I think he means everyone else.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 02:20 PM   #297
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
It seemed to be factual.

Is that what made it extremely partisan? A straightforward presentation of facts?
No need to be snarky. I am of the same opinion. The author of the piece, however, has a running series of article where he opines, picks at, and often mocks Trump. I just thought that knowing that, I should include the fact the author, while mostly accurate in his articles, does have a bias he approaches with. Simply because I agree with said bias doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out.

ETA: I should clarify that he mocks in a way more suited to gab magazines than a news site.Now that I think about it, maybe that is what Trump deserves from the media...

Last edited by chrispy; 25th November 2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: eta
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 03:00 PM   #298
Stacko
Philosopher

It's reassuring that a man lacking a grasp on reality has access to the nuclear codes.

Quote:
But something deeper has been consuming Mr. Trump. He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous “Access Hollywood” tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women’s genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently. (In the hours after it was revealed in October 2016, Mr. Trump acknowledged that the voice was his, and he apologized.)
Also, welcome to the Republican base NAMBLA. Remember when that was a joke?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 03:41 PM   #299
Mumbles
Illuminator

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
It seemed to be factual.

Makes sense to me. Goldtoilet* has always seen these showy displays of how much he is admired or how rich or powerful he is, in order to support his oversized yet fragile ego. Being named "Man of the Year" by some weekly magazine would simply feed into that, never mind that in many years that he whined, he had done nothing significant. Makes sense, given that he has a faked cover of Time hanging in the White House.

And folks said Pres. Obama was offensive for wearing a tan suit that one time.

In truth, that's our main luck here. He's probably** too stupid and vain to be the next genocidal maniac. He's more the standard, US white supremacist, who would much rather act as a parasite than a destroyer.

*: Yep, another insult, and again, I mean it. One of these days, I may actually create something catchy. As the first president who is aiming to be below James Buchanan, he deserves it, and in truth, he should have been kicked out for violating the Emoluments Clause months ago.

**: Yeah, I said "probably". I deliberately refuse to give him any certainty here. White Supremacy is one of two things that this administration has been about (the second is "more money for Toupee Fiasco.") He has worked for decades to earn complete distrust here, so that is what he gets.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 06:14 PM   #300
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Makes sense to me. Goldtoilet* has always seen these showy displays of how much he is admired or how rich or powerful he is, in order to support his oversized yet fragile ego. Being named "Man of the Year" by some weekly magazine would simply feed into that, never mind that in many years that he whined, he had done nothing significant. Makes sense, given that he has a faked cover of Time hanging in the White House.

And folks said Pres. Obama was offensive for wearing a tan suit that one time.

In truth, that's our main luck here. He's probably** too stupid and vain to be the next genocidal maniac. He's more the standard, US white supremacist, who would much rather act as a parasite than a destroyer.

*: Yep, another insult, and again, I mean it. One of these days, I may actually create something catchy. As the first president who is aiming to be below James Buchanan, he deserves it, and in truth, he should have been kicked out for violating the Emoluments Clause months ago.

**: Yeah, I said "probably". I deliberately refuse to give him any certainty here. White Supremacy is one of two things that this administration has been about (the second is "more money for Toupee Fiasco.") He has worked for decades to earn complete distrust here, so that is what he gets.
I distinctly remember Trump going after the Central Park Five. As a mixed race man growig up in NYC at that time, what he preaches now is all too close to home. We knew this 25-30 years ago.
Old 25th November 2017, 06:30 PM   #301
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
I distinctly remember Trump going after the Central Park Five. As a mixed race man growig up in NYC at that time, what he preaches now is all too close to home. We knew this 25-30 years ago.
He still believes they're guilty despite being exonerated by DNA evidence. Contrast that with his willingness to accept Roy Moore's word that Moore isn't a child molester.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 06:40 PM   #302
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
He still believes they're guilty despite being exonerated by DNA evidence. Contrast that with his willingness to accept Roy Moore's word that Moore isn't a child molester.
Combine that with condemning a black man for taking a knee during the National Anthem while defending the presence of statues to those white men who fought against the American flag, and the pattern is pretty well defined.
Old 25th November 2017, 09:36 PM   #303
The Great Zaganza
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
He is still considering The Vatican's offer of Sainthood
He should accept that.
Maybe he won't read the fine print which says he has to die first before he can get it.
But hey!
Obama never got that honor!
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2017, 11:06 PM   #304
Mumbles
Illuminator

DNA evidence, and the confession of the convicted violent serial rapist whose DNA was found on the victim that he, and he alone, had attacked the victim. And remember that the victim says she remembers nothing of the attack, which makes sense since she was beaten into a coma. So she's unfortunately not a reliable witness - and as far as I know never actually said that the guys who served time actually did anything to her.

I recalled this case for the first time in years, back when Obama had to get his "vault copy" birth certificate just to make the press shut up about Trump's racist Birther claims, who were acting as though the birth certificate that he had already presented back in June of 2008 wasn't good enough, even though it's more than we had seen from any other candidate in modern times. I knew the guy was a white supremacist *before* he started blathering about how "Mexico" was sending us drug dealers and rapists when he announced his candidacy.

chrispy, as a black guy who grew up in nearby Boston, and remembers both the Central Park 5 and the Charles Stuart case, I know what you mean.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 04:57 AM   #305
Stacko
Philosopher

He's back to boosting white nationalist conspiracy theorists.

Quote:
In a Saturday night tweet, Trump attacked CNN, saying the network’s international division “represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly.” A few minutes later, Trump tweeted an alternative: MagaPill.com.

The name MagaPill is a riff on “red pill,” a term popular with white nationalists and others on the far right. A metaphor based on a plot line from The Matrix, it refers to the process of normalizing extreme views.*MagaPill is also active on Gab, a social network favored by white nationalist and banned from the Google app store violating its hate speech policy.

Another recent MagaPill post features an “interesting flow chart” which combines nearly every conspiracy theory imaginable: “false flag terrorism,” “organ harvesting,” “child/human sacrifice,” “weaponize forced vaccination,” “earthquake machines.”
Old 26th November 2017, 05:57 AM   #306
Mumbles
Illuminator

Expect to see more of this.

Also, how much of a loser are you, if you have to go to Matrix references in 2017?
Old 26th November 2017, 07:44 AM   #307
Mumbles
Illuminator

Edited by Agatha:  Snipped quote and response that were part of a derail
]

Getting back to Goldtoilet, the fact that he still considered them guilty after the DNA evidence and the confession of the known violent rapist exonerated them is a strong clue to his character. It's much like his championing of birtherism - it tells you that he considers black people to be inherently criminal, much like the people who say that Trayvon Martin was a "thug" who ran up and attacked Zimmerman, while ignoring the fact that Zimmerman stalked him with a gun.

You're basically admitting to being a white supremacist, if you agree with him and know the facts.

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove further matter related to derail moved to AAH

Last edited by Agatha; 29th November 2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 26th November 2017, 08:04 AM   #308
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
It's much like his championing of birtherism - it tells you that he considers black people to be inherently criminal...

He certainly slips into much more negative opinions about non-whites much more easily than whites.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something here, but it's as if a white person has to wrong Trump personally before he begins attacking them. A black person just has to be in the news.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 09:12 AM   #309
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
My guess for the actual POTY is Vlad Putin.

Hmm, POTY. Maybe Trump could be Person Of The The Year....
I realize this is News of Yesterday.
But
I created a thread to predict Time Person of the Year over at Social Issues & Current Events:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=325105
Old 26th November 2017, 09:55 AM   #310
Roofgardener
Critical Thinker

This is all rubbish.

The President may order a nuclear strike, and tap his codes into the "football".

But the "football" isn't connected to the missile silo's, or the submarines. It is connected to... well.. I'm not sure.. probably somewhere in the Pentagon ?

The president has to specify what "plan" the missiles need to follow... he can't just launch randomly against California, as there would be no formal "plan" for that.

Probably.

This entire discussion is deranged. From a UK perspective, this just seems to be part of the "Trump is the antichrist, and we lost the election... WAAAAH" movement.

I've heard many opinions that Donald Trump is an embarresment to the USA. Well, here's the view from the Roofgarden (UK Midlands).

The thing that is embarrassing the USA in the eyes of the world is the USA Democrat/Liberal groupings and their endless tantrums and tears. Here's a thing.. the US PEOPLE - remember them, as in "we.. the people" ? - the ones actually living and producing goods in the USA, as opposed to the professional politicians and lobbyists in Washington - said that they where disillusioned with the "Washington" political elite, and wanted an "Outsider" as president.

Deal with it, and learn, rather than endlessly weeping and carping.

Oh.. and whilst I'm on a roll with this enjoyable rant, could I suggest another couple of things ?
1) All those Hollywood types who stated that they would leave the US if Trump was elected as president ? Have you gone yet ? Please don't come to the UK.. we really don't want you. Perhaps you could go to ... dunno... Palestine or the Yemen, as you seem so keen on them ?
2) If you're going to run for public office, could you PLEASE ensure that your computers are secure ? It doesn't really instill confidence if the Russians can not just penetrate, but actually CONTROL your computers (actually.. your entire network of computers) ? I mean, if you can't secure a bunch of private computers during your campaigns, then why should anybody trust you to secure them when you're in office ? Seriously leftists... this thread has recently commented on President Trump having the nuclear launch codes.. but.. on the basis of current evidence.. if you where in office, it would the the Russians (or possibly the Chinese ? ) who would have those launch codes, and dictate US nuclear policy.

I'd love to taunt you some more, but dinner is ready. (home made spiced chicken with cauliflower and chips).

Nighty night

Last edited by Roofgardener; 26th November 2017 at 10:12 AM.
Roofgardener is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 10:23 AM   #311
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Roofgardener View Post
This is all rubbish.

The President may order a nuclear strike, and tap his codes into the "football".

But the "football" isn't connected to the missile silo's, or the submarines. It is connected to... well.. I'm not sure.. probably somewhere in the Pentagon ?

The president has to specify what "plan" the missiles need to follow... he can't just launch randomly against California, as there would be no formal "plan" for that.

Probably.

This entire discussion is deranged. From a UK perspective, this just seems to be part of the "Trump is the antichrist, and we lost the election... WAAAAH" movement.

I've heard many opinions that Donald Trump is an embarresment to the USA. Well, here's the view from the Roofgarden (UK Midlands).

The thing that is embarrassing the USA in the eyes of the world is the USA Democrat/Liberal groupings and their endless tantrums and tears. Here's a thing.. the US PEOPLE - remember them, as in "we.. the people" ? - the ones actually living and producing goods in the USA, as opposed to the professional politicians and lobbyists in Washington - said that they where disillusioned with the "Washington" political elite, and wanted an "Outsider" as president.

Oh.. and whilst I'm on a roll with this enjoyable rant, could I suggest another couple of things ?
1) All those Hollywood types who stated that they would leave the US if Trump was elected as president ? Have you gone yet ? Please don't come to the UK.. we really don't want you. Perhaps you could go to ... dunno... Palestine or the Yemen, as you seem so keen on them ?
2) If you're going to run for public office, could you PLEASE ensure that your computers are secure ? It doesn't really instill confidence if the Russians can not just penetrate, but actually CONTROL your computers (actually.. your entire network of computers) ? I mean, if you can't secure a bunch of private computers during your campaigns, then why should anybody trust you to secure them when you're in office ? Seriously leftists... this thread has recently commented on President Trump having the nuclear launch codes.. but.. on the basis of current evidence.. if you where in office, it would the the Russians (or possibly the Chinese ? ) who would have those launch codes, and dictate US nuclear policy.

I'd love to taunt you some more, but dinner is ready. (home made spiced chicken with cauliflower and chips).

Nighty night
The majority neither voted nor supported him. Appeals to the notion of wanting an outsider are wrong.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 10:24 AM   #312
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

... The thing that is embarrassing the USA in the eyes of the world is the USA Democrat/Liberal groupings and their endless tantrums and tears...
I'm highly dubious that you could support this claim with cites to opinion polls. Rather, I suspect you're projecting your views onto the population at large.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.
Old 26th November 2017, 10:45 AM   #313
Bob001
Philosopher

This is all rubbish.

People who are sure -- including former senior officials -- have described the process in the links I provided and elsewhere. The President selects targets from pre-established packages, he uses his personal codes to authenticate his authority, and his orders go directly to the launch commanders, who are required to carry them out or resign. The SecDef and the service chiefs are not in the chain of command. Senators and others have called for changes in the process, but that's where it stands now. Pretending otherwise is whistling past the graveyard.
http://www.businessinsider.com/nucle...aunched-2017-8
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.2b89b7246aa7
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...clear-weapons/
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ar_weapon.html
https://www.vox.com/2016/8/3/1236799...-nuclear-codes
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b09071f699a005
http://www.popularmechanics.com/mili...clear-weapons/

Donald J. Trump literally holds the power to end civilization. Sleep well.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 12:11 PM   #314
The_Animus
Master Poster

This is all rubbish.

Probably.

Nighty night
Enjoy your stay in the Tribe of Dunning Krugar. It's not taunting when you say things we know are factually wrong. It's just ignorance. I hope you at least understand your own politics better than you do ours.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 12:16 PM   #315
Mumbles
Illuminator

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove matter related to derail sent to AAH

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
People who are sure -- including former senior officials -- have described the process in the links I provided and elsewhere. The President selects targets from pre-established packages, he uses his personal codes to authenticate his authority, and his orders go directly to the launch commanders, who are required to carry them out or resign. The SecDef and the service chiefs are not in the chain of command. Senators and others have called for changes in the process, but that's where it stands now. Pretending otherwise is whistling past the graveyard.
http://www.businessinsider.com/nucle...aunched-2017-8
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.2b89b7246aa7
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...clear-weapons/
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ar_weapon.html
https://www.vox.com/2016/8/3/1236799...-nuclear-codes
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b09071f699a005
http://www.popularmechanics.com/mili...clear-weapons/

Donald J. Trump literally holds the power to end civilization. Sleep well.
This is a level of authority that the president should not have, simply put. I've said, well before Goldtoilet became president, that congress had conceded far too much power to the Presidency. It was true for GWB, It was true for Obama, and it's true now. And using nukes is not the only area where this is true. Pollution preventions, consumer protections - far too much power has been given to the Oval Office, considering that the federal government is designed as three co-equal branches. The current president is a crisis point, but this has been true for a long time.

Last edited by Agatha; 29th November 2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 26th November 2017, 12:26 PM   #316
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

From a UK perspective, this just seems to be part of the "Trump is the antichrist, and we lost the election... WAAAAH" movement.
No, that's from your peculiar perspective.

Quote:
Near Minsk, by the sound of it. Your work is laden with East Slavik sentence forms : you might want to work on that.

Quote:
1) All those Hollywood types who stated that they would leave the US if Trump was elected as president ?
Such as?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 12:30 PM   #317
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
Enjoy your stay in the Tribe of Dunning Krugar. It's not taunting when you say things we know are factually wrong. It's just ignorance. I hope you at least understand your own politics better than you do ours.
I think I understand Roofgarden's politics all too well. The lunatics have taken over the asylum this side of the Pond as well.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 12:31 PM   #318
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
No, that's from your peculiar perspective.

Near Minsk, by the sound of it. Your work is laden with East Slavik sentence forms : you might want to work on that.

Such as?
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...rump-won%3famp
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2017, 12:37 PM   #319
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post

Such as?
Google hit for “celebrities leave us trump”:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christ...-wins-n2272070
Old 27th November 2017, 12:52 AM   #320
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
Hope that was deliberate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics