ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th November 2017, 04:33 AM   #1
King of the Americas
Philosopher

"Stone Circles and Grid Gardens"

Mod InfoThis thread is split from Help Debunking Nazca Lines Linked With Angkor Wat.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Originally Posted by SusanB-M1 View Post
Another thing that makes me wince is the term 'sacred geometry'. This too crops up at regular intervals on GH!
How do you feel about the term "grid gardens"...?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg home.jpg (43.9 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Loss Leader; 28th November 2017 at 04:48 PM.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 05:09 AM   #2
SusanB-M1
Incurable Optimist

Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
How do you feel about the term "grid gardens"...?
I can't see it - even with magnification, I can only perceive a vague outline. But do you think that, even if I could see it, I would believe it - being a thorough-going sceptic!!!
SusanB-M1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 05:16 AM   #3
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SusanB-M1 View Post
I can't see it - even with magnification, I can only perceive a vague outline. But do you think that, even if I could see it, I would believe it - being a thorough-going sceptic!!!
Yeah, I know, skeptics can't see stuff they don't believe in...
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 05:20 AM   #4
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

You've posted that picture before. They are modern day farms in Texas.
So, I claimed I found evidence of a global agricultural society. I combed the world finding evidence everywhere I looked. But the places I founder too remote to visit and or test.

However, I did claim they were everywhere...so I searched my home county in Texas.

I found them here too!

I'm going out to visit a site today.

What does that have to do with this thread?
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 05:54 AM   #5
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
You've posted that picture before. They are modern day farms in Texas.

What does that have to do with this thread?
No...it is a modern occupied grid garden.

Angkor Wat IS a grid garden:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AW.jpg (48.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 28th November 2017, 06:08 AM   #6
King of the Americas
Philosopher

East of Angkor Wat is this:

Each square has approximately 8100 trees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asia.jpg (35.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 28th November 2017, 06:22 AM   #7
erwinl
Graduate Poster

East of Angkor Wat is this:

Each square has approximately 8100 trees.
Places where they do something with agriculture? Quite possibly rubber plantations?

What do you think they are?
Old 28th November 2017, 06:27 AM   #8
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Some light Googling shows that that part of Cambodia has huge cashew plantations.
A crop imported from South America from the late 16th century onward, so by neccessity not an ancient plantation.

Perhaps KotA should start a new thread to discuss his assertion that every grid pattern in the world is evidence of Atlantis, because that's not what this thread is about.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 07:27 AM   #9
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by erwinl View Post
Places where they do something with agriculture? Quite possibly rubber plantations?

What do you think they are?
"Grid gardens"...like the surrounding ones, like the ones in Cooke County Texas, the ones hidden away in the Himalayas, the ones on remote Pacific islands, the ones I first found in the South American deserts, the ones on the tiny north islands of England, the ones that are found in EVERY place that has, or could support massive agricultural efforts.

---

Where do you live near, and I'll find one you can investigate for yourself?
Old 28th November 2017, 07:43 AM   #10
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

...... the ones on the tiny north islands of England.......
Can you be specific about this. This isn't a description that any Englishman would recognise. North of England is Scotland, not any islands. How about actual island names, or lat/ long references, or Ordinance Survey grid references.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 07:46 AM   #11
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Some light Googling shows that that part of Cambodia has huge cashew plantations.
A crop imported from South America from the late 16th century onward, so by neccessity not an ancient plantation.

Perhaps KotA should start a new thread to discuss his assertion that every grid pattern in the world is evidence of Atlantis, because that's not what this thread is about.
They have canopy's 20 feet wide.

...and...you should examine the top left one more carefully.

So far, I have found ONE tiny path leading to it. A closer examination of it reveals the roads passing through it to be washed out, and or dead ended. The borders have been consumed by the invading forest, and the lower half is dead or severely stunted in growth.

There ARE buildings...but no tracks, and overgrown dead ends.

It looks abandoned and forgotten.
Old 28th November 2017, 07:49 AM   #12
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Can you be specific about this. This isn't a description that any Englishman would recognise. North of England is Scotland, not any islands. How about actual island names, or lat/ long references, or Ordinance Survey grid references.
I was talk about the place with a Broch on it....

Mousa maybe?

But like I said, pick a place near you, and I'll give you a place to investigate!
Old 28th November 2017, 07:55 AM   #13
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Before using "they are clearly XYZ" do you have the least bit of interest in investigating the actual location?

This thread is about the claimed connection between Nazca and AW...there IS a connection...both places have grid gardens.

You make WEAK TEA buddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abandonedplantation.jpg (34.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 28th November 2017, 07:57 AM   #14
erwinl
Graduate Poster

"Grid gardens"...like the surrounding ones, like the ones in Cooke County Texas, the ones hidden away in the Himalayas, the ones on remote Pacific islands, the ones I first found in the South American deserts, the ones on the tiny north islands of England, the ones that are found in EVERY place that has, or could support massive agricultural efforts.

---

Where do you live near, and I'll find one you can investigate for yourself?
I don't understand what is so special with this. Agriculture places, with boundaries between lots/owners do tend to result in a grid like pattern, environment willing.

Like in this link. What is so special about it?
Old 28th November 2017, 08:22 AM   #15
King of the Americas
Philosopher

I don't understand what is so special with this. Agriculture places, with boundaries between lots/owners do tend to result in a grid like pattern, environment willing.

Like in this link. What is so special about it?
Yup, that pattern is found ALL OVER THE WORLD.

THE SAME SIZE AND SHAPE TOO!

Last edited by King of the Americas; 28th November 2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 28th November 2017, 08:24 AM   #16
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Yes. Nowadays.
Your assertion that this pattern is the product of an advanced ancient civilisation is completely unsupported, and not the topic of this thread.
Old 28th November 2017, 08:28 AM   #17
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Yes. Nowadays.
Your assertion that this pattern is the product of an advanced ancient civilisation is completely unsupported, and not the topic of this thread.
For this thread, the posting of that pattern is merely an assertion that the two sites herein discussed ARE CONNECTED.

Old 28th November 2017, 08:30 AM   #18
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

How is a plantation 80 miles from an ancient site in Cambodia connected to another ancient site in Peru, exactly?
Old 28th November 2017, 08:33 AM   #19
erwinl
Graduate Poster

Like the one in my link as well?

Edit:
How else would people demarcate their plantations/whatever?
To demarcate your personal plot for agriculture, you either follow natural boundaries (like rivers) or you make them rectangular, if the surroundings permet a shape like that.
That is efficient and easier for planting crops.

The fields in my link aren't that old, maybe 400 years or so. If you look a bit to the south east from the fields in my link you see fields which date from (late)medieval times. Those are a lot narrower.

Last edited by erwinl; 28th November 2017 at 08:38 AM.
erwinl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 09:24 AM   #20
SusanB-M1
Incurable Optimist

perhaps we can distract KOTA by suggesting that he takes a look at Jude Currivan's work and videos. She has been the Author of the Month on the Graham Hancock forum. I tend to skip past KOTA's posts here, so I am not sure whether this would be within his range of interests.
SusanB-M1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 01:15 PM   #21
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I was talk about the place with a Broch on it....

Mousa maybe?.....
Don't make stuff up. Be specific. Where were you talking about?
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 04:19 PM   #22
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Yeah, I know, skeptics can't see stuff they don't believe in...
FYI, SusanB-M1 is visually impaired, so when she said she only saw a vague outline it had nothing to do with skepticism.

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2017, 04:40 PM   #23
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Edit:
To demarcate your personal plot for agriculture, you either follow natural boundaries (like rivers) or you make them rectangular, if the surroundings permet a shape like that.

The fields in my link aren't that old, maybe 400 years or so. If you look a bit to the south east from the fields in my link you see fields which date from (late)medieval times. Those are a lot narrower.
Aren't those lots not simply delineated by the drainage canals that were dug in the Middle Ages to make the soil dry and fit for agriculture?

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2017, 12:23 AM   #24
erwinl
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
Aren't those lots not simply delineated by the drainage canals that were dug in the Middle Ages to make the soil dry and fit for agriculture?
Indeed, they are. Although dry is a relative term. The water table is very high in that area.
Old 29th November 2017, 09:19 AM   #25
King of the Americas
Philosopher

How is a plantation 80 miles from an ancient site in Cambodia connected to another ancient site in Peru, exactly?
The trees planted in these separate areas were done by people who knew each other, evident in the size and shape of the grids...
Old 29th November 2017, 09:20 AM   #26
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Edit:

Circles?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newmexico.jpg (42.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 29th November 2017, 09:22 AM   #27
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Don't make stuff up. Be specific. Where were you talking about?
It's called "Mousa Broch."
Old 29th November 2017, 09:23 AM   #28
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Circles?
WTF has that got to do with irwinl's post you quoted?
Old 29th November 2017, 09:24 AM   #29
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

It's called "Mousa Broch."
Great. That is one of many brochs in Scotland, which is not an island. So your question didn't even make sense. Now, what point were you trying to make?
Old 29th November 2017, 09:25 AM   #30
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

The trees planted in these separate areas were done by people who knew each other, evident in the size and shape of the grids...
Which areas? You've only shown trees in Cambodia (nowhere near Angkor Wat by the way), and nothing similar anywhere near Nazca.

So we have a 'grid garden' that isn't connected to the relatively nearby site, and nothing to connect it to the other site.
Old 29th November 2017, 10:43 AM   #31
Gamolon
Master Poster

Are you talking about people knowing each other between Angkor Wat and the place 80 miles east of it or Angkor Wat and Nazca?

Last edited by Gamolon; 29th November 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2017, 12:00 PM   #32
JesseCuster
Muse

Can you please expound on what "THE SAME SIZE AND SHAPE" means. That every single 'grid garden' you've found has the same length and breadth? The same area? How much leeway are you allowing?

Provide the co-ords of these 'grid gardens' and I bet we'll quickly find that they are in fact a wild range of shapes and sizes from squares to long rectangles with a wide range of widths, lengths and areas.

You keep asserting that they are all the the same size, but you've provide exactly zero evidence to back it up which makes it obvious that it is simply another of your fact free assertions. You won't provide your reasoning or research because there is none, you're just declaring it as fact like you do everything else.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2017, 12:38 PM   #33
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
Can you please expound on what "THE SAME SIZE AND SHAPE" means. That every single 'grid garden' you've found has the same length and breadth? The same area? How much leeway are you allowing?

Provide the co-ords of these 'grid gardens' and I bet we'll quickly find that they are in fact a wild range of shapes and sizes from squares to long rectangles with a wide range of widths, lengths and areas.

You keep asserting that they are all the the same size, but you've provide exactly zero evidence to back it up which makes it obvious that it is simply another of your fact free assertions. You won't provide your reasoning or research because there is none, you're just declaring it as fact like you do everything else.

Right...I'm not sure yet.

I've posted about this already.
Old 29th November 2017, 12:39 PM   #34
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
Are you talking about people knowing each other between Angkor Wat and the place 80 miles east of it or Angkor Wat and Nazca?

No. Cambodia and Peru.
Old 29th November 2017, 12:40 PM   #35
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Great. That is one of many brochs in Scotland, which is not an island. So your question didn't even make sense. Now, what point were you trying to make?
There are grid gardens on that island...
Old 29th November 2017, 12:42 PM   #36
King of the Americas
Philosopher

WTF has that got to do with irwinl's post you quoted?
He claimed rectangles were the only way to remark you land other than rivers...

Clearly, this is not the case.
Old 29th November 2017, 12:44 PM   #37
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Which areas? You've only shown trees in Cambodia (nowhere near Angkor Wat by the way), and nothing similar anywhere near Nazca.

BWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAA...!
Old 29th November 2017, 12:46 PM   #38
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Lots of bluster and distraction, still not one iota of evidence.
Bwa ha indeed
Old 29th November 2017, 12:47 PM   #39
JesseCuster
Muse

Right...I'm not sure yet.

I've posted about this already.
You're not sure whether or not the grid gardens are in fact all the same size and shape?

So why have you been repeatedly, IN ALL CAPS, asserting that they are all the same size and shape?

Why would you repeatedly declare such a thing to be true if you hadn't actually done the necessary research to see if it's true? There's no excuse. You can use Google Earth Pro (a free application) to measure distances and areas.

Well?
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2017, 12:59 PM   #40
erwinl
Graduate Poster

He claimed rectangles were the only way to remark you land other than rivers...

Clearly, this is not the case.
If you look at your example of New Mexico, you see indeed round shapes.
Round shapes because this is more convenient with the type of irrigation they use there in a relatively arid environment.
If you look more closely though you see that the round fields are in rectangular plots. Which are more convenient for demarcating ownership of said plots.

But. What is it yoy're trying to tell? I truly don't see anything special in rectangular fields for agriculture.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal