ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:17 PM   #161
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
How odd. Google and Google maps reject those co-ordinates as invalid. Why is that?
Try this.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/7%...5!4d11.1790028
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:18 PM   #162
Armitage72
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
When you post google earth images, provide a direct link to them so we can look at the source of what you present.

Thanks.

I entered those coordinates, and the white blob appears to be right along the Serti-Panwai-Bali Road. It's strange that nobody using the road noticed the ruins of Atlantis nearby.
In fact, there are a number of similar long, thin white blobs that seem to follow the path of the road.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:22 PM   #163
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by King of the Americas View Post
https://stonecirclesandgridgardens.blogspot.com

No more convoluted, "...this, that, and this is what you said before, that's not even real, here's how you are lying, why haven't you answered this question, blah blah blah..."

Here's is my evidence for the existence of an advanced agricultural global civilization, its connections to Atlantis, evidence for the what destroyed the mythical city, and I have only just begun...

I just discovered an entire forgotten Atlantean-styled series of cities in Nigeria!

3D wall, anyone?

Lat. 7°35'54.42"N
Long. 11°10'44.41"E
How odd. Google and Google maps reject those co-ordinates as invalid. Why is that?
Google Earth rejects it also. Why might that be? Well I figured it out. The answer is that you have no clue how to provide search terms. How likely is it that you can provide terms for god or aliens if you are unable to map your own planet?
Old 1st December 2017, 12:22 PM   #164
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

You have to cut off the "lat & long" parts, and put N & E before the numbers, rather than after.

Get this.......and this is brilliant........

.......I've been there too. Well, within 50 miles of it. We crossed from Nigeria into Cameroune at the Gembo/ Banu border crossing.

I can't see anything at all at that location other than trees. Trees are sort of what you expect in a tropical rain forest.

ETA....the white patch? It's either water (there's a hell of a lot of that in a rainforest), or it's a road-side quarry for road making materials. Such quarries were our standard campsites in the area. Crap photo, no chance of telling.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.

Last edited by MikeG; 1st December 2017 at 12:24 PM.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:24 PM   #165
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Cite, please?
Cite?

Go count, or look to older posts.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:28 PM   #166
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Here's a main road through that area:

Yes, I said road.
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.

Last edited by MikeG; 1st December 2017 at 12:46 PM.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:28 PM   #167
Steve
Illuminator

If it's a Google Earth image it is rotated 180 degrees, and the coordinates given in the op are somewhat to the southeast of the white rectangle.

There is definitely a river running through there. The white rectangle and other areas of white along the river look like flood plains, possibly sand. Another possibility is the sides of cliffs that have been cut by the river.

No sign of Atlantis, or a city, or a wall.

Ok, maybe it's a road. Looked like a river to me but my eye sight isn't the best.

Last edited by Steve; 1st December 2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Read new posts.
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:32 PM   #168
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Cite?

Go count, or look to older posts.
No, the onus is on you. You claim it.......you back it up.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:34 PM   #169
King of the Americas
Philosopher

STOP THE STUPID!

The blog has my findings, argument, and thesis.

The photo is the central wall for two massive irrigation systems...YES there's water flowing through it...zoom out to see the rest of the system.

*There's a link at the bottom of the blog to more photos. I'll add more as I am able. https://albertknabe.imgur.com/all/

Last edited by King of the Americas; 1st December 2017 at 12:40 PM.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:38 PM   #170
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
No, the onus is on you. You claim it.......you back it up.
I did, many pages back.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:38 PM   #171
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

STOP THE STUPID!

The blog has my findings, argument, and thesis.
No-one gives a **** about your blog. We respond to what is posted here, and here you are posting baseless uninformed childish nonsense in a scattergun gish-gallop manner. What sort of reaction would you expect from grown-ups?

Quote:
The photo is the central wall for two massive irrigation systems...YES there's water flowing through it...zoom out to see the rest of the system.
It's a *********** rainforest. There's water every damn where. There has never been any need whatever for irrigation systems in a rainforest. Those are rivers. Tell me when anyone has ever needed irrigation in that area, which gets X feet of rainfall in a year.

Here's some more water in the area:

There's water absolutely everywhere there. We crossed hundreds of log bridges like this:

And there is so much water that bog holes form every few yards along the road. this is a main road, I'll remind you:

Now, if there is that much water, can you tell me WTF anyone would be doing digging irrigation ditches?

Last edited by MikeG; 1st December 2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:38 PM   #172
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

The blog has nothing.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:43 PM   #173
King of the Americas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
I entered those coordinates, and the white blob appears to be right along the Serti-Panwai-Bali Road. It's strange that nobody using the road noticed the ruins of Atlantis nearby.
In fact, there are a number of similar long, thin white blobs that seem to follow the path of the road.
That's Google Maps, silly.

Zoom out and you'll see where you are.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:44 PM   #174
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

It's a *********** rainforest. There's water every damn where. There has never been any need whatever for irrigation systems in a rainforest.
Ah, but WHY is it so wet in the rain forest? Because of the irrigation systems!

Granted, they seem to have broken and are now causing the water to fall from the sky - but it's impressive they're working at all after all this time.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:48 PM   #175
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
I chose that area for a very specific reason that I think ddt will understand.
He's not the only one. I'm most interested in KOTA's take on the subject.
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
That's exactly why KotA is ignoring it.
That makes four of us who want to hear your explanation, King. The suspense is killing us!

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:49 PM   #176
Armitage72
Graduate Poster

Outside a national park in Nigeria. It's still a road. How is that different from a road anywhere else in the world?
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:53 PM   #177
King of the Americas
Philosopher

The amount of ignorance dedicated to the material I have made available is beyond unacceptable.

I feel that my time would be better spent with those willing to participate in intellectual discussion, than here, fending off trolls.

I removing this place from my favorites bar.

International Skeptics Forum,

My love for you is at an end.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:53 PM   #178
ddt
Mafia Penguin

I did, many pages back.
The thread only counts four pages thus far. Why don't you go look for it, it can't be far.

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:57 PM   #179
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I did, many pages back.
Nope. Not in this thread. Back it up or withdraw it.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:58 PM   #180
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Ta-ta. Truth hurts, doesn't it, when you're talking utter crap.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:59 PM   #181
ddt
Mafia Penguin

So Atlantis farmed unidentifiable white blobs to feed it's enormous population. Sure.
Duh, that's manna. Atlantis was inhabited by proto-Jews. Have you not been paying attention?

Old 1st December 2017, 01:05 PM   #182
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

The amount of ignorance dedicated to the material I have made available is beyond unacceptable.

I feel that my time would be better spent with those willing to participate in intellectual discussion, than here, fending off trolls.

No chance of that evidence for telepathy before you go? Actually never mind. Have a nice life.

Last edited by P.J. Denyer; 1st December 2017 at 01:06 PM.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 01:19 PM   #183
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 1st December 2017, 01:23 PM   #184
Gamolon
Master Poster

I couldn't agree more! You did dedicate quite a bit...
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 01:27 PM   #185
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I suspect that KOTA has never had anyone pick apart his claims before, and he weally weally doesn't like it. It's so unfair that people don't just lap up his crap without question. His blog/s probably attracts gullible sycophants, and people with the same reality issues as those who find pictures of kids in raincoats on Mars.
Old 1st December 2017, 01:46 PM   #186
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

I'm thinking he'll be back in six months, if not sooner.

In the meantime maybe he'll post more cool stuff on his new blog. Or maybe we'll all see him on the news, newly famous for discovering Atlantis was sitting there in plain sight and nobody noticed because they didn't think to use Google Earth. It's probably in Delaware.
Old 1st December 2017, 02:32 PM   #187
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SOdhner View Post

In the meantime maybe he'll post more cool stuff on his new blog. Or maybe we'll all see him on the news, newly famous for discovering Atlantis was sitting there in plain sight and nobody noticed because they didn't think to use Google Earth. It's probably in Delaware.
Nah he's going away for the weekend and the Monday he'll be back trolling everyone with more and more dim pictures and incoherent babbling.

I came by after leaving to see how things were going. JKC where did all these junk threads come from? lol Oh, man its just endless 'nothing'.

I'm gone again - have a good time.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 02:41 PM   #188
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you, thank you, and goodbye.

Hans
Old 1st December 2017, 02:49 PM   #189
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
The blog has nothing.
Are you saying these two threads have something?
Old 1st December 2017, 02:59 PM   #190
ddt
Mafia Penguin

He was away for quite a bit longer until he reappeared a couple of months ago. But we'll first have to see if he really stays away as he promised us.

Old 1st December 2017, 03:19 PM   #191
fagin
Illuminator

So why DID you dedicate so much time and ignorance to it?
Old 1st December 2017, 03:42 PM   #192
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Coordinates on Google Earth and Google Maps will show the same place. It's the same planet. In fact they both use the same photo maps and data.

Why would they show anything different?

It looks like it may be an are of landslip on the side of a ravine??
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 03:43 PM   #193
TheSupermeerkat
Thinker

Bye! Bye! Don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 04:57 PM   #194
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

I removing this place from my favorites bar. International Skeptics Forum.
Well that's terrible news for the Bad Archaeology website. You were their rising star for idiotic quotes.

Bye bye.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 05:31 PM   #195
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

What if the pyramids are the same size? Would that qualify as a connection?
That two groups of people happened to make something that was approximately the same size? No.

Now here's an interesting thing. Who made these perfect rectangles?

Tessellated Pavement by Andrew Gould, on Flickr
Old 1st December 2017, 05:43 PM   #196
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Or indeed this one

Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2017, 02:28 PM   #197
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Out of curiosity I glanced at KotA's blog again.

No new posts, but he has added a bunch of stuff onto the existing one because I guess he doesn't understand how blogging works.

If anyone wanted to know, he has now determined that this globe-spanning high tech civilization was destroyed about 5500 years ago which is... interesting. That's more recent than he had previously claimed, I think, which puts all his previous claims of dating in an awkward place.

He bases this on the fact that he can find reddish dirt all over the globe, and much like the fields he just KNOWS that this is all connected. So clearly the red dirt is all stuff that washed across the continents due to Mount Pinatubo erupting.

Mount Pinatubo, which also spectacularly erupted in 1991 and somehow failed to destroy us all even though we clearly don't have the same level of advanced technology as the Atlanteans. It's also odd that other people around at the time didn't seem to notice this happening.

So there you go, that's the current state of the King of the Americas.
Old 4th December 2017, 02:56 PM   #198
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Out of curiosity I glanced at KotA's blog again.

No new posts, but he has added a bunch of stuff onto the existing one because I guess he doesn't understand how blogging works.

If anyone wanted to know, he has now determined that this globe-spanning high tech civilization was destroyed about 5500 years ago which is... interesting. That's more recent than he had previously claimed, I think, which puts all his previous claims of dating in an awkward place.

He bases this on the fact that he can find reddish dirt all over the globe, and much like the fields he just KNOWS that this is all connected. So clearly the red dirt is all stuff that washed across the continents due to Mount Pinatubo erupting.

Mount Pinatubo, which also spectacularly erupted in 1991 and somehow failed to destroy us all even though we clearly don't have the same level of advanced technology as the Atlanteans. It's also odd that other people around at the time didn't seem to notice this happening.

So there you go, that's the current state of the King of the Americas.
For reasons I cannot fathom, simple agriculture is beyond KotA.
Old 4th December 2017, 02:58 PM   #199
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

For reasons I cannot fathom, simple agriculture is beyond KotA.
But you have to admit, his childlike wonder at literally anything he sees on Google Earth is adorable.
Old 4th December 2017, 03:07 PM   #200
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

He bases this on the fact that he can find reddish dirt all over the globe...
Unsurprisingly, he missed Australia, where iron oxide in the soil gives Australia its red tinge and allows us to be the largest iron exporter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red soil.jpg (123.5 KB, 6 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal