IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Who at the White House is Trump having an affair with?
Hope Hicks 20 32.79%
Sarah Huckabee Sanders 2 3.28%
Kellyanne Conway 3 4.92%
Steve Miller 11 18.03%
None of the above, it's actually: 10 16.39%
Trump has only eyes for Planet X 15 24.59%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 22nd January 2018, 05:28 AM   #1
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,980
Who at the White House is Trump having an affair with?

Recently, Michael Wollf mentioned that he knows that Trump is having an affair with someone at the White House, but he didn't have enough evidence write it explicitly into his book.
As a member of this august forum, I won't lower myself to discuss whether this is true or not and instead simply assume that it is.

With no additional data, who do you think Trump is fulfilling his Bill Clinton-fantasies with?
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:19 AM   #2
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,122
Nikki Haley. There is a paragraph near the end of the book that references them spending a lot of time alone together and a mutual infatuation.
__________________
"Because WE ARE IGNORANT OF 911 FACTS, WE DEMAND PROOF" -- Douglas Herman on Rense.com
Zingiber Officinale

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:30 AM   #3
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 21,683
No one. The rumor monger got this wrong is my bet.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:45 AM   #4
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 32,736
There is a fundamental flaw in the poll. You can only pick one.
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"Itís easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:46 AM   #5
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,019
Why isn't Jeff Sessions on the list?
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:49 AM   #6
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 32,736
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Why isn't Jeff Sessions on the list?
Boy, I bet that would be a lot of hate ..."lovin'"
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"Itís easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:53 AM   #7
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 51,908
Other than Hope Hicks they are all way to old for him. You have to remember the standards this man sets for him self, he knows he is worth a 10 and damn it she will be a 10.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:57 AM   #8
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 32,736
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Other than Hope Hicks they are all way to old for him. You have to remember the standards this man sets for him self, he knows he is worth a 10 and damn it she will be a 10.
That'd be my guess of the given list, but I'd put Steven Miller as the most willing.

eta: ...and probably the most enthusiastic.
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"Itís easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.

Last edited by Upchurch; 22nd January 2018 at 07:42 AM.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 07:00 AM   #9
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,019
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Boy, I bet that would be a lot of hate ..."lovin'"
Yes, I'm sure Sessions became a bottom-only affair once he recused himself from the Russia investigation.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 07:41 AM   #10
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,177
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Other than Hope Hicks they are all way to old for him. You have to remember the standards this man sets for him self, he knows he is worth a 10 and damn it she will be a 10.
Stephen Miller is only three years older than Hope Hicks.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:13 AM   #11
Mumbles
Philosopher
 
Mumbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,726
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Nikki Haley. There is a paragraph near the end of the book that references them spending a lot of time alone together and a mutual infatuation.
Not his type - and wouldn't she work alternately out of Foggy Bottom and the NYC branch?

I'd guess either Hope Hicks, or Ivanka Trump (Half-joking - I expect Ivanka wouldn't go for it), or most likely some random employee that he strong-armed into an affair.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:16 AM   #12
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 13,815
Well, she is not a porn star, but I say that it is Hope Hicks.
__________________
"But Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President." - Judge Chutkan

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:22 AM   #13
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 24,792
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Why isn't Jeff Sessions on the list?
That's got to be some REALLY angry sex right there.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:23 AM   #14
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 33,192
It doesn't really matter.

The Democratic Party couldn't take him to task over it because of JFK and Bill Clinton and the evangelicals only seem to care when the perpetrator is wearing a blue rosette
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:31 AM   #15
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,950
I think Trump was correct when he stated he could just up and murder someone in broad daylight, and it still wouldn't cost him anything...
Nobody (who can do anything about it) cares.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:34 AM   #16
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 51,908
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
It doesn't really matter.

The Democratic Party couldn't take him to task over it because of JFK and Bill Clinton and the evangelicals only seem to care when the perpetrator is wearing a blue rosette
He will be teaching her the bible, like what he was doing with Stormy Daniels.

That is what they are claiming, not sure if any of them believe it.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:36 AM   #17
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 33,132
The Republican Party. He's *********** it over big time.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:51 AM   #18
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 51,908
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The Republican Party. He's *********** it over big time.
And they love it.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 02:21 PM   #19
mgidm86
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,266
His tiny/not tiny hands.
__________________
Stop feeding the trolls PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 06:56 PM   #20
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Other than Hope Hicks they are all way to old for him. You have to remember the standards this man sets for him self, he knows he is worth a 10 and damn it she will be a 10.
IMO, Stormy Daniels is nowhere near a 10. Big floppy boobs do not make a 10.

My bet is Sarah Huckabee Sanders. That's right up Trump's alley. Trump wouldn't know a 10 if he tripped and fell face first into her...hand hold.

But I thought Bo Derek looked like a skeleton with some skin stretched over it, so my standards might not be aligned with the norm.

Edited to add: read carefully. I am NOT suggesting that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a 10.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump

Last edited by Toontown; 22nd January 2018 at 07:20 PM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 07:59 PM   #21
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 13,087
If it wasn't for #1 his money and #2 being POTUS, Trump couldn't pull a weak whore into bed.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:18 PM   #22
Zambo
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 265
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
or Ivanka Trump
It won't be Ivanka because he needs her husband on his side until the Russia collusion story is behind him.

Last edited by novaphile; 26th January 2018 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Trailing quote tag
Zambo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:45 PM   #23
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing
 
Puppycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 26,579
If he is having an affair, Hope Hicks would be the most obvious one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Hicks

Quote:
Hope Charlotte Hicks (born October 21, 1988) is an American communications and public relations consultant and former model who is the current White House Communications Director for President Donald Trump.[1]
That's Trump's type. All of his three wives have been former models or beauty queens or something like that.

Quote:
In January 2015, Donald Trump earmarked Hicks, who was 26 years old at the time, for the role of press secretary for his potential presidential campaign.[23][24] Donald Trump summoned her to his office and, as she tells it, "Mr. Trump looked at me and said, 'I'm thinking about running for president, and you're going to be my press secretary.'"[21] Until that time, she had never worked in politics, nor volunteered on a campaign.[25] After Trump's first primary victories, Hicks was asked to choose between staying with the Trump Organization or working on the campaign full-time. She initially decided to leave the campaign, but Trump convinced her to remain and she stayed on as press secretary.[13]

During the campaign, she played the role of gatekeeper to press members who wanted to speak with Trump, handling over 250 requests a day, and deciding which reporters would be allowed to speak with him.[14][25] Hicks also took dictation from Trump for his tweets, and then sent the text to another person in the Trump organization who actually sent out the tweets from Trump's official account.[21][26] When in New York City, she would spend most of her day sitting in Trump's office, handling inquiries from the press and taking dictation from him to tweet.[27] The demands of the campaign took a personal toll, as they caused a breakup between Hicks and her boyfriend of six years.[14]

On December 22, 2016, it was announced that Hicks would become part of the Trump Administration, in the newly created position of the White House Director of Strategic Communications. In January 2017, Hicks was included on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, having "served as a one-woman press team for Trump's historic presidential campaign."[6]

In May 2017, in response to an article in The Washington Post that said that Trump had a habit of belittling those who work for him, Hicks issued the following statement:

President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor ... and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.[28]

On August 16, 2017, she was made the interim White House Communications Director (the last Director having been Anthony Scaramucci). Politico labelled her the "Untouchable Hope Hicks," as she was considered one of the few White House officials whose job was safe, and she was one of only two White House communications officials who Scaramucci had announced were definitely staying when he was first hired.[29] She was appointed permanent White House Communications Director on September 12, 2017.[30]
__________________
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:19 PM   #24
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 11,241
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
If he is having an affair, Hope Hicks would be the most obvious one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Hicks



That's Trump's type. All of his three wives have been former models or beauty queens or something like that.
Quote:
...infectious to those around him
Gawd, I hope not! She may be a poor-choosing dimbo, but she doesn't deserve infections.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:54 PM   #25
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,376
Why was there no "Trump blow up doll" on the list? It's the obvious answer.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:04 AM   #26
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,019
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Why was there no "Trump blow up doll" on the list? It's the obvious answer.
It's not, though. A blow up doll is an inanimate object. Trump treats women as objects, but women are not inanimate. The difference is with the former, he'd have to do all the work. Also, blow up dolls don't pee.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:28 AM   #27
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,376
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
It's not, though. A blow up doll is an inanimate object. Trump treats women as objects, but women are not inanimate. The difference is with the former, he'd have to do all the work. Also, blow up dolls don't pee.
I see your point. So what he really wants for Christmas is a robotic Trump doll that whispers in his ear things like "Oh, Donnie, you have the biggest hands in the history of hands," and "Oh, Donnie, your nine iron is just sooooo hard!" and "Oh, Donnie, Obama is like a little boy compared to you!" And of course, it would have to come with a refillable bladder. I wonder if Stephen Miller is building one for him in his basement?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:32 AM   #28
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,980
In the meantime, Miller is wearing a Trump mask to fill the gap.
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:35 AM   #29
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,376
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
In the meantime, Miller is wearing a Trump mask to fill the gap.
Sadly, he has no hair to comb over to complete the look.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:58 AM   #30
WilliamSeger
Philosopher
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,092
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Why was there no "Trump blow up doll" on the list? It's the obvious answer.
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
It's not, though. A blow up doll is an inanimate object. Trump treats women as objects, but women are not inanimate. The difference is with the former, he'd have to do all the work. Also, blow up dolls don't pee.
Yep, I believe Seth Macfarlane: "When Trump bangs a supermodel, he closes his eyes and imagines he's jerking off."
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:07 AM   #31
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 51,908
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
IMO, Stormy Daniels is nowhere near a 10. Big floppy boobs do not make a 10.
But she was 26 at the time, and I have no idea of the state of her breasts then. I also have no real idea of Trumps idea of what a 10 is other than Ivanka.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:50 AM   #32
eeyore1954
Philosopher
 
eeyore1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,807
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Recently, Michael Wollf mentioned that he knows that Trump is having an affair with someone at the White House, but he didn't have enough evidence write it explicitly into his book.
As a member of this august forum, I won't lower myself to discuss whether this is true or not and instead simply assume that it is.

With no additional data, who do you think Trump is fulfilling his Bill Clinton-fantasies with?
Who among us should care? As long as it is not Putin (of course he is not at the White House.)
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:10 AM   #33
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,980
Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
Who among us should care? As long as it is not Putin (of course he is not at the White House.)
People with a sense of pity for Melania or Barron?
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:28 AM   #34
eeyore1954
Philosopher
 
eeyore1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,807
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
People with a sense of pity for Melania or Barron?
Putting a poll on an internet forum doesn't seem to be something to do if the reason to care is concern for Melania or Barron.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:33 AM   #35
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,980
Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
Putting a poll on an internet forum doesn't seem to be something to do if the reason to care is concern for Melania or Barron.

Should the reaction instead be to vilify Melania as an enabler, the way Hillary Clinton was during the Lewinsky thing?
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:36 AM   #36
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,866
I don't see any option for "not enough evidence to portray guilt yet"
__________________
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:39 AM   #37
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 32,736
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I don't see any option for "not enough evidence to portray guilt yet"
Guilt of what?
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"Itís easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:40 AM   #38
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 33,132
Originally Posted by Zambo View Post
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
or Ivanka Trump
It won't be Ivanka because he needs her husband on his side until the Russia collusion story is behind him.
I somehow misread that as "he's having her husband on the side". Still works for me!
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.

Last edited by novaphile; 26th January 2018 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Quote tag
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:44 AM   #39
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 33,192
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Guilt of what?
Extramarital affair...
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:44 AM   #40
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 25,946
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
...or most likely some random employee that he strong-armed into an affair.
If he actually is having an affair it's because she wants it, not because she's being forced.

Why would any woman want that? Because that woman would think he's handsome, charming, confident, powerful and wealthy. An affair would have started because she was receptive to that. If it's maintained then it's because of the same thing.

Monroe slept with Kennedy because he strong-armed her. Yeah, right.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.