ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags earthquake predictions , predictions

Old 1st March 2018, 06:45 PM   #81
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Either I misunderstood, or you were not perfectly clear...

I took post your #25 to mean the quake would be centered near or in Ethiopia (your claimed "resting place of the Ark").

Are you instead predicting a continent spanning event?

Of course, for a billion and change (pre-tax)... I would expect something extra dramatic.
Yes, the One True Ark of the Covenant of Israel rests in Axum, Ethiopia, the true presence of God on earth, amen. However, the Shake will be the CONTINENT of Africa on the 25th day of May 2018, amen. The Shake is the significant sign to the world, the Ark rests in Axum, Ethiopia, amen. Peace.

https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...ity-disability

"It’s time to let my children hear my words. It’s time to touch the hearts of many. Not all will listen, not all will hear. But for those who listen and those who hear, God’s word will spread, and God’s children will come. Bring my children home to me to build a Kingdom of Love and Serenity."

- - - Our Blessed Mother

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 07:16 PM.
JBReyes777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 06:56 PM   #82
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
They're not in the earthquake business but are in the disability claim business. If you have paperwork from SSA it might be a fine way to confirm what your exact status is.
SSA Doc. How do you think I AM awarded SSDI since 2013? This is my way out of being on SSDI, amen.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 07:48 PM.
JBReyes777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:48 PM   #83
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by JBReyes777 View Post
SSA Doc. How do you think I AM awarded SSDI since 2013?

You're awarded SSDI because you or your representative approached the US government (petitioned) with evidence that you're not capable of functional work or supporting and taking care of yourself and the government (though the judge) agreed.

ETA:

Quote:
This is my way out of being on SSDI, amen.
Trying to extort a job from a company or two is not going to convince anyone you're capable of supporting yourself. Go play the lottery like everyone else and you'll have a better chance of actually getting the money to get off the dole.

Last edited by The Norseman; 1st March 2018 at 07:52 PM.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:51 PM   #84
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
You're awarded SSDI because you or your representative approached the US government (petitioned) with evidence that you're not capable of functional work or supporting and taking care of yourself and the government (though the judge) agreed.
I don't know them from a bag of beans but the op alone would qualify to me as evidence of serious issues best addressed by a professional.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:52 PM   #85
JBReyes777
Scholar

I AM diagnosed with schizoaffective Disorder and Depression.

The Schizo is hearing voices, in my case, the Voice of God The Father and The Blessed Mother, amen.

The Depression, is knowing those who will perish from the Shake of Africa, amen.
Old 1st March 2018, 07:54 PM   #86
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

I AM diagnosed with schizoaffective Disorder and Depression.

The Schizo is hearing voices, in my case, the Voice of God The Father amen.

The depression, knowing those who will perish from the Shake of Africa, amen.
That's what I'm saying. Anyway, I know how it really sucks to have to try and support yourself on SSDI but as I said, you'll have better luck with the lottery.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:56 PM   #87
JBReyes777
Scholar

I don't know them from a bag of beans but the op alone would qualify to me as evidence of serious issues best addressed by a professional.
DiDi Hirsch Mental Health Services. Contact them if you wish. They are located in Glendale, CA.
Old 1st March 2018, 08:03 PM   #88
JBReyes777
Scholar

That's what I'm saying. Anyway, I know how it really sucks to have to try and support yourself on SSDI but as I said, you'll have better luck with the lottery.
In order to be on SSDI along with the proper documents, you have to be sworn under oath. If I did not tell the truth, I would have committed perjury in court, and in the presence of the SSA Judge. Are you accusing I AM committed perjury?

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 08:12 PM   #89
JBReyes777
Scholar

ETA:

Trying to extort a job from a company or two is not going to convince anyone you're capable of supporting yourself. Go play the lottery like everyone else and you'll have a better chance of actually getting the money to get off the dole.
Please see post #66. and then tell me if I AM committing extortion.

If I do not hear back from you, then I AM right and you are wrong, accused I AM falsely.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 08:29 PM   #90
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

DiDi Hirsch Mental Health Services. Contact them if you wish. They are located in Glendale, CA.
HIPPA rules forbid disclosure of medical records and you're really not interesting enough to make the effort. I hope you get professional help for what's ailing you and you stay off the intrawebz.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 08:38 PM   #91
JBReyes777
Scholar

HIPPA rules forbid disclosure of medical records and you're really not interesting enough to make the effort. I hope you get professional help for what's ailing you and you stay off the intrawebz.
Yes I AM aware of HIPPA. Whatever you want to know, I AM will give to you, and share with the readers/viewers here.

I AM have shared with you and the readers the SSA doc I AM awarded SSDI.

I AM offering full disclosure.

Now, what is it that you desire to know? Don't hide behind HIPPA.

If you're not interested, then why are you posting?

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 09:12 PM   #92
Thermal
Illuminator

Yes I AM aware of HIPPA. Whatever you want to know, I AM will give to you, and share with the readers/viewers here.

May I?

Inquiring minds might like to know:

Why should anyone believe that you have knowledge or influence about continent-wide seismic activity?

Why would Bechtel, the Vatican, etc believe you or give you any money?

Say I claimed that I would release a plague of frogs unless Wal-Mart or the Church of Appliantology totally hooked me up with $420. Say I further submitted proof of collecting Unemployment Insurance, who may have been asking questions about how willfully unemployed I really am. Would you give me the money?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 09:23 PM   #93
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
May I?

Inquiring minds might like to know:

Why should anyone believe that you have knowledge or influence about continent-wide seismic activity?

Why would Bechtel, the Vatican, etc believe you or give you any money?

Say I claimed that I would release a plague of frogs unless Wal-Mart or the Church of Appliantology totally hooked me up with $420. Say I further submitted proof of collecting Unemployment Insurance, who may have been asking questions about how willfully unemployed I really am. Would you give me the money?
I AM not asking Bechtel or Xylem to give I AM money. Please see posting #66.

I AM not asking anyone to believe I AM, it is your own free will to believe or not. I guess you can look at it as, I AM the messenger.

Now regarding the Vatican, that's a whole different story in itself lol

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 11:48 PM   #94
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

In order to be on SSDI along with the proper documents, you have to be sworn under oath. If I did not tell the truth, I would have committed perjury in court, and in the presence of the SSA Judge. Are you accusing I AM committed perjury?
I'm still struggling to understand you, but it sounds like you are interpreting the fact that you were put on SSDI as confirmation that you are hearing the voice of God. That is not a correct interpretation.

Hearing voices is often a symptom of a mental illness. You have been diagnosed with a mental illness, and accordingly are being given financial assistance. This just means that you have convinced the relevant authorities that you have a mental illness, not that you are correctly interpreting a symptom of that mental illness as communication from God.

The people who diagnosed you with a mental illness and granted you financial assistance do not believe you are hearing the voice of God. They believe that you believe you are hearing the voice of God, and that this erroneous belief is a symptom of a mental illness.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:06 AM   #95
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Um... no. Not at all.

Please see post #66. and then tell me if I AM committing extortion.

If I do not hear back from you, then I AM right and you are wrong, accused I AM falsely.
Your previous posts said you wanted to have a job or lots of money from the Vatican and if they didn't give it to you, the continent of Africa will shake. That's extortion.

But you have no worries from me. I don't believe you will ever get in trouble for extorting a job or money from the Vatican because the threat is clearly not possible. In that sense, I'm making a joke to see if you're paying attention. You have ignored twice now so far when I asked you why you are not promising good things to happen if people are kind to you rather than promising or predicting bad things if people don't behave kindly to you.

Sure doesn't sound like a loving god to me at any rate.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:08 AM   #96
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I'm still struggling to understand you, but it sounds like you are interpreting the fact that you were put on SSDI as confirmation that you are hearing the voice of God. That is not a correct interpretation.

Hearing voices is often a symptom of a mental illness. You have been diagnosed with a mental illness, and accordingly are being given financial assistance. This just means that you have convinced the relevant authorities that you have a mental illness, not that you are correctly interpreting a symptom of that mental illness as communication from God.

The people who diagnosed you with a mental illness and granted you financial assistance do not believe you are hearing the voice of God. They believe that you believe you are hearing the voice of God, and that this erroneous belief is a symptom of a mental illness.
I'm understanding the same thing you are, it appears. I could be wrong but this kind of mistaken confirmation happens fairly often; at least from what I've heard.
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:11 AM   #97
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The Depression, is knowing those who will perish from the Shake of Africa, amen.
And here we go, folks. JBReyes777, would you agree, then, that for your prediction to come to pass the earthquake will have to measure at least 6 on the Richter scale? I'll repost this link, and I'll quote the relevant parts:

Quote:
5.5 to 6.0 Slight damage to buildings and other structures.
6.1 to 6.9 May cause a lot of damage in very populated areas.
7.0 to 7.9 Major earthquake. Serious damage.
8.0 or greater Great earthquake. Can totally destroy communities near the epicenter.
It seems to me that if you're predicting certain deaths, the 5.5-6.0 range wouldn't cover it. The very least we could be talking about is 6.1, but for simplicity's sake we'll say 6.0. Would you say that's fair?

You seem to be talking about something bigger than that, and perhaps "serious damage", or even "can totally destroy communities near the epicentre" would be more appropriate, but I don't want to set unreasonable expectations. 6 or greater is rare enough (again - the last one occurred 11 months ago, the one before that 8 years ago) that we can say it may be significant if one does occur when you predict.

Do you agree that you're talking about an earthquake that measures 6 or more on the Richter scale?

Last edited by Squeegee Beckenheim; 2nd March 2018 at 02:15 AM.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:25 AM   #98
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Come on, he said he's got schizoaffective disorder...

Trying to get him to be rational, or pin him down on specific claims isn't going to work, and might even be kind of cruel. He just can't do it.

Everyone knows there's not going to be an earthquake, and nobody is going to score skeptic points by arguing with a mentally ill person.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 03:24 AM   #99
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Trying to get him to be rational, or pin him down on specific claims isn't going to work, and might even be kind of cruel. He just can't do it.
He has already made a specific claim.
Old 2nd March 2018, 03:31 AM   #100
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Yeah, but that's why I said that pinning him down on that claim wouldn't work.
Trying to get someone whose illness makes them irrational to be rational about something is just going to be frustrating for both sides.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 03:47 AM   #101
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, but that's why I said that pinning him down on that claim wouldn't work.
There's very little to "pin down". I see no reason why he should be incapable of giving me a yes or no answer to my questions above.

As it is, the answer is already basically out there, given that he's predicting deaths as a result of this earthquake, which strongly implies 6 or more on the Richter scale.
Old 2nd March 2018, 06:34 AM   #102
Dabop
Muse

This I think, should be emphasised for our O.P.......

specifically

The people who diagnosed you with a mental illness and granted you financial assistance do not believe you are hearing the voice of God. They believe that YOU believe you are hearing the voice of God, and that this erroneous belief is a symptom of a mental illness].

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 07:48 AM   #103
Thermal
Illuminator

I AM not asking Bechtel or Xylem to give I AM money. Please see posting #66.

I AM not asking anyone to believe I AM, it is your own free will to believe or not. I guess you can look at it as, I AM the messenger.

Now regarding the Vatican, that's a whole different story in itself lol
OK. You include your SSA DB findings from 2013 or whenever it was. You claim to have been found to be disabled. So why are you pursuing employment if you claim to be disabled? Was SSA changing/questioning your status or something? I can't figure out how a benefit program from a government agency is relevant to your status as Messenger of God or what have you.

BTW, Christians are not supposed to swear oaths (James 5:12, Matthew 5:33-37). 'For whatever is more than these (yes or no) is from the Evil One'.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:37 AM   #104
Marasmusine
Scholar

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but JBReyes777 isn't saying there will be an earthquake. He's saying the continent of Africa will "Shake". That could mean any number of things.

JBReyes777, could you clarify exactly what you mean by "shake".

I'm also wondering if you've actually let the Vatican know, because I don't think anyone there reads these forums.
Marasmusine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:22 AM   #105
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Bechtel Corporation - aka Corporate Bechtel Corporation if or when I AM offered full time employment, along with the (IP) Intellectual Property valued at $777 Million, amen.

The IP's are the; US Copyright Office, Trade Secrets, and the US Patent and Trademark Office of, the Department of Commerce, amen.

1) https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...tive-ordermemo

2) https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...mation-process

3) https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...lobal-id-badge

4) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sneak...oseph-b-reyes/
A friend of mine went to work for Bechtel when he retired from civil service. I get the impression that he's comfortable between his retirement and salary but I don't think they pay the kind of money you have in mind. Maybe if you lowered your salary expectations in exchange for working at one of their locations with a lower cost of living. He's near Yakima, Washington and says his dollar goes a long way there.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:27 AM   #106
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Marasmusine View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but JBReyes777 isn't saying there will be an earthquake. He's saying the continent of Africa will "Shake". That could mean any number of things.
Maybe he's going to shake Djibouti!
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:33 AM   #107
Thermal
Illuminator

Shaka Khan-tinent?
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:34 AM   #108
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Again, the award is because the administrative law judge agreed that you believe you are hearing the voice of a god. You did not perjure yourself because you believe that the voice is that of a god and in your understanding, you told the truth. That in no way means the voices you are hearing are from a god. The voices you are hearing are the result of a medically treatable condition.

I understand that it can be disappointing to no longer be "special" and hear voices from a god. A trained therapist can help you work through that. You appear to have access to mental health care. You should try to see if they can get you an appointment.

Last edited by Craig4; 2nd March 2018 at 10:35 AM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:48 AM   #109
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Djiboutians really hate those jokes.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:17 AM   #110
JBReyes777
Scholar

According to the medical community, hearing voices is a sign of mental illness, agreed?

According to the teachings of the Holy Roman Catholic Faith, hearing voices aka LOCUTION, is a sign of the gift from God, as is, the apparitions of Fatima, Garabandal and Medjugorje, and that the wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, known as, the Stigmata, amen.

Who are you to believe? The medical community or God?

Your free will to choose. God’s precious gift to mankind, amen.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 2nd March 2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:44 AM   #111
fagin
Philosopher

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the doctors.

At least they're not fiction.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:45 AM   #112
Dabop
Muse

Wrong question to ask here lol

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:47 AM   #113
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Djiboutians really hate those jokes.
Not as much as an earthquake I bet.
But you have a point, I apologize to anyone from this fine East African nation who might be reading this.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:02 PM   #114
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The one with the better track record on eradicating smallpox.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:11 PM   #115
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Who are you to believe? The medical community or God?.
Who are you to believe, the volcanologists or the volcano god?

Who are you to believe, the meteorologists or the rain god?

Who are you to believe, the astronomers or the sun god?
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:29 PM   #116
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

I think people diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder are going to choose the 'god' option more often than the average person.
And they can't really be blamed, because their disorder makes them unable to tell what's real.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:41 PM   #117
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Where is the inconsistency again?
If one is to believe certain evangelists, the right to produce natural disasters in order to kill and maim the innocent as a lesson for the gays and liberals is one that he reserves for himself. You can pray for it but it's a bit over the top to deal directly.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:15 PM   #118
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

According to the medical community, hearing voices is a sign of mental illness, agreed?

According to the teachings of the Holy Roman Catholic Faith, hearing voices aka LOCUTION, is a sign of the gift from God, as is, the apparitions of Fatima, Garabandal and Medjugorje, and that the wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, known as, the Stigmata, amen.

Your free will to choose. God’s precious gift to mankind, amen.
Here's a guy giving his appreciation of God's precious gifts. Like the smorgasbord aptly lain at their table. Amen.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:38 PM   #119
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Here's a guy giving his appreciation of God's precious gifts. Like the smorgasbord aptly lain at their table. Amen.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
This scene in the movie is great and funny. Well, that's my thought anyway.
Old 2nd March 2018, 03:28 PM   #120
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

JBReyes777, would you agree, as per my previous post on the subject, that you're talking about an earthquake of at least 6.0 magnitude?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal