ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Andrew McCabe , donald trump , George Papadopoulos , Michael Cohen , Paul Manafort , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Closed Thread
Old 11th June 2018, 08:35 PM   #41
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
The depth, the detail, amazing!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2018, 08:40 PM   #42
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,543
Originally Posted by logger View Post
That’s why it’s best to join a party, a real party....and work within it.


lol

What if there isn't a party that reflects your views?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2018, 08:47 PM   #43
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
What if there isn't a party that reflects your views?
Then you’ll never be apart of a winning election. No party fits 100%, not even close.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2018, 09:28 PM   #44
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,543
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Then you’ll never be apart of a winning election. No party fits 100%, not even close.
I didn't say 100%. It isn't even close.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 01:35 AM   #45
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21,974
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Dude literally had to be legally forced to put economic sanctions on Russia[...]
Not even that. He was forced into the sanctions, and then ignored them. It was only after the UK nerve agent attack that he actually implemented the sanctions, and then in a way that didn't actually hurt Russia at all.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 02:20 AM   #46
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,155
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Your third point is precisely where I stand.
You think we should allow Fox News to decide whether or not there will be an impeachment of the President? Because that's what point 3 says when you think about it.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 02:23 AM   #47
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,473
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Not even that. He was forced into the sanctions, and then ignored them. It was only after the UK nerve agent attack that he actually implemented the sanctions, and then in a way that didn't actually hurt Russia at all.
Speaking of sanctions... looks like there's some more action on that front, finally. Greatly, greatly delayed and conveniently right after Trump's G7 rant about how they should just let Russia back in (I had actually been wondering what at least seemingly anti-Russia thing the Administration would pull out after that, really). Whether they'll actually be enforced or be meaningful is yet another uncertainty.
__________________
So sayeth the crazy little dragon.

Last edited by Aridas; 12th June 2018 at 02:28 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 06:00 AM   #48
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
For anybody keeping score,

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post12322287

We're still waiting with baited breath on what we're missing in our assessment of the dossier.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 06:30 AM   #49
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 31,017
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
For anybody keeping score,

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post12322287

We're still waiting with baited breath on what we're missing in our assessment of the dossier.
I'm guessing it has to do with the Deep State running an underground pizza parlor inside a child trafficking ring. On Mars.

But don't hold your breath. Zig doesn't support his claims. Not worth his time.
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 01:19 PM   #50
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Say, by the way, how is Mueller's case going against the "Russians"?

Quote:
U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller warned that Russian intelligence services have active “interference operations” in the U.S. and asked a judge to limit the pretrial evidence provided to a Russian firm indicted over meddling in the 2016 election.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-troll-case

D'OH!!!

I assume it never occurred to them that one of the defendants would appear and contest the charges, let alone mock them while doing so:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-co...e-8-Filing.pdf

see footnote 5
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by The Big Dog; 12th June 2018 at 01:35 PM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 01:28 PM   #51
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,361
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say, by the way, how is Mueller's case going against the "Russians"?



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-troll-case

D'OH!!!

I assume it never occurred to them that one of the defendants would appear and contest the charges, let alone mock them while doing so:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-co...e-8-Filing.pdf

see footnote 7
There appears to be no footnote 7. Heading VII? Only goes to V. Page 7? Seems unremarkable.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 01:34 PM   #52
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
There appears to be no footnote 7. Heading VII? Only goes to V. Page 7? Seems unremarkable.
You are correct, I should have typed footnote 5
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 02:48 PM   #53
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,567
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say, by the way, how is Mueller's case going against the "Russians"?



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-troll-case

D'OH!!!

I assume it never occurred to them that one of the defendants would appear and contest the charges, let alone mock them while doing so:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-co...e-8-Filing.pdf

see footnote 5
I've never seen anything like this. An investigator working to stop foreign meddling in our election, and right wing supporters are happy that the investigation is being mocked? This is mind blowing. I guess we really get to see who the party of traitors is and it's been the GOP all along. Not really surprised though. Those that are usually the most traitorous wrap themselves in the flag.

Thank you for this, seriously. Mind blowing how pathetic politics in the US has become, and this is a specific example.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 02:50 PM   #54
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,843
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say, by the way, how is Mueller's case going against the "Russians"?



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sia-troll-case

D'OH!!!

I assume it never occurred to them that one of the defendants would appear and contest the charges, let alone mock them while doing so:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-co...e-8-Filing.pdf

see footnote 5
So Mueller claiming to have evidence of broader Russian interference than just this case, that pertains to continuing interference, is evidence that the "Russians" aren't behind it?

Checks out.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 03:03 PM   #55
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
So Mueller claiming to have evidence of broader Russian interference than just this case, that pertains to continuing interference, is evidence that the "Russians" aren't behind it?

Checks out.
"So"..... oy vey.

No it shows that the indictments were a silly stunt and Mueller is going to end up with egg on his face when he finally dismisses the indictment against Concord.

Take a gander for a bit more flavor.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...e-delay-570627
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 03:14 PM   #56
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,408
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"So"..... oy vey.

No it shows that the indictments were a silly stunt and Mueller is going to end up with egg on his face when he finally dismisses the indictment against Concord.

Take a gander for a bit more flavor.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...e-delay-570627
From wiki...
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, President Trump announced his intent to nominate Friedrich to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, to a seat vacated by Reggie Walton who assumed senior status on December 31, 2015.[6][7] She was formally nominated on June 7, 2017.[8] On July 25, 2017, the Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing on her nomination.[9] Her nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote on September 14, 2017.[10] On November 16, 2017, the U.S. Senate voted 93–4 to invoke cloture on Friedrich's nomination.[11] On November 27, the Senate voted 97–3 to confirm her to the District Court.[12] She received her judicial commission on December 1, 2017.
And from your link...
Quote:
In a brief order Saturday evening, U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich offered no explanation for her decision to deny a request prosecutors made Friday to put off the scheduled Wednesday arraignment for Concord Management and Consulting, one of the three firms charged in the case.
Highlighting mine...
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 03:28 PM   #57
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 17,337
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I've never seen anything like this. An investigator working to stop foreign meddling in our election, and right wing supporters are happy that the investigation is being mocked? This is mind blowing. I guess we really get to see who the party of traitors is and it's been the GOP all along. Not really surprised though. Those that are usually the most traitorous wrap themselves in the flag.

Thank you for this, seriously. Mind blowing how pathetic politics in the US has become, and this is a specific example.
In fairness, they are often wrapping themselves in a traitorous flag, too.
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 03:38 PM   #58
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
From wiki...


And from your link...

Highlighting mine...
Say maybe a thread lawyer could give a reason?

There are plenty in the article

Like saying that the defendant was not served when its lawyer was voluntarily standing in court?

What a bunch of jabrones
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:16 PM   #59
Cabbage
Muse
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 656
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I've never seen anything like this. An investigator working to stop foreign meddling in our election, and right wing supporters are happy that the investigation is being mocked?
I see no evidence that TBD is a right wing supporter...

...or even an American. Hmmmm.....

LOL
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:20 PM   #60
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,408
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say maybe a thread lawyer could give a reason?

There are plenty in the article

Like saying that the defendant was not served when its lawyer was voluntarily standing in court?

What a bunch of jabrones
Aren't you a lawyer?
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:26 PM   #61
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,843
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"So"..... oy vey.

No it shows that the indictments were a silly stunt and Mueller is going to end up with egg on his face when he finally dismisses the indictment against Concord.

Take a gander for a bit more flavor.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...e-delay-570627
It is curious you scare-quoted "Russians" and focused on Mueller making an alleged mistake when he is citing that he has evidence of broader and continuing Russian interference.

Maybe it's just me, but your priorities seem backwards.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:28 PM   #62
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Aren't you a lawyer?
I have never held myself out as being one on this forum
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:29 PM   #63
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,308
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Then you’ll never be apart of a winning election. No party fits 100%, not even close.
I don't belong to a political party. For now, I'll support the one that's not selling out the country. I wish more Republicans would remember that the nation comes before party.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:29 PM   #64
Steve
Illuminator
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,070
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Aren't you a lawyer?
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I have never held myself out as being one on this forum
Based on that answer, definitely a lawyer.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:31 PM   #65
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
It is curious you scare-quoted "Russians" and focused on Mueller making an alleged mistake when he is citing that he has evidence of broader and continuing Russian interference.

Maybe it's just me, but your priorities seem backwards.
But i am showing that he did make a mistake, you see that now right?
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:54 PM   #66
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
I don't think anyone expected much from the Russian indictments, but feel free to spike the ball anyway.
makes it more fun down the road when you have to eat crow
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:09 PM   #67
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,843
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
But i am showing that he did make a mistake, you see that now right?
I see that Mueller is claiming to have evidence of broader and continuing Russian interference. Your focus is oddly myopic and jumping to conclusions.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:15 PM   #68
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
I see that Mueller is claiming to have evidence of broader and continuing Russian interference. Your focus is oddly myopic and jumping to conclusions.
I am myopic? Your last three posts have credulously repeated Mueller’s arguments without even the slightest bit of skepticism.

I heard what excuse Mueller gave not to turn over basic Brady discovery because “the Russians.”

Sounds like *********** McCarthyism.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:16 PM   #69
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 11,681
Anyone who opposes The Fuhrer must be attacked no matter the facts, and no matter that he is guilty of far worse transgressions. Such is the cult following of the Imbecile-in-Chief, who at least was right on one point: His cult will remain loyal no matter what.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:30 PM   #70
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,567
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I am myopic? Your last three posts have credulously repeated Mueller’s arguments without even the slightest bit of skepticism.

I heard what excuse Mueller gave not to turn over basic Brady discovery because “the Russians.”

Sounds like *********** McCarthyism.
How many mistakes has Mueller made with regards to the law? How many mistakes have you made with regards to the law? I am going to side with Mueller until someone with any education, knowledge, or experience handling this form of law can get me an intelligent breakdown. Nothing that I have seen here has persuaded me.

I love watching people defend the Russians. Really solidifying that "I love America" attitude.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:37 PM   #71
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Anyone who opposes The Fuhrer must be attacked no matter the facts, and no matter that he is guilty of far worse transgressions. Such is the cult following of the Imbecile-in-Chief, who at least was right on one point: His cult will remain loyal no matter what.
oh man.... folks do not criticize Mueller with links to third party sources because you are in the Fuhrer's "cult."
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:42 PM   #72
eerok
Quixoticist
 
eerok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,657
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
How many mistakes has Mueller made with regards to the law? How many mistakes have you made with regards to the law? I am going to side with Mueller until someone with any education, knowledge, or experience handling this form of law can get me an intelligent breakdown. Nothing that I have seen here has persuaded me.
Good call. Mueller is IMO an American hero. He cares about what's true, and he's going to do his best to bring it to light.

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I love watching people defend the Russians. Really solidifying that "I love America" attitude.
It's obvious at this point that the GOP doesn't give a crap about America.
__________________
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:45 PM   #73
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,567
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
oh man.... folks do not criticize Mueller with links to third party sources because you are in the Fuhrer's "cult."
Trump uses this same arguing style, as do a lot of his supporters (or not supporters as it seems ). Isolate an incident as if it never happens outside of this one time, then be like, "What the? How come I do this one thing and all of a sudden I'm a Trump supporter?!?!?"

So far you've attacked anyone that's gone after Trump, in one case on almost an obsessive level. All of your arguments that you make in the threads I see you in seem to be oddly void of any comment at all when it comes to Trump, pro or con. Yet, they are extremely aggressive towards anyone that's hunting him. Is there any other explanation? This event notwithstanding.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 05:55 PM   #74
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Good call. Mueller is IMO an American hero. He cares about what's true, and he's going to do his best to bring it to light.

It's obvious at this point that the GOP doesn't give a crap about America.
Quote:
Although Iran remains a significant concern for its continued financial and logistical support of terrorism, Iraq has moved to the top of my list. As we previously briefed this Committee, Iraq's WMD program poses a clear threat to our national security, a threat that will certainly increase in the event of future military action against Iraq. Baghdad has the capability and, we presume, the will to use biological, chemical, or radiological weapons against US domestic targets in the event of a US invasion. We are also concerned about terrorist organizations with direct ties to Iraq—such as the Iranian dissident group, Mujahidin-e Khalq, and the Palestinian Abu Nidal Organization.
R. Mueller testifying before Congress in support of the Second Invasion of Iraq

He's a hero!

(seriously folks, that *********** softball was not a set up)
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 06:07 PM   #75
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,567
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
(seriously folks, that *********** softball was not a set up)
That explains the weak grounder back to the pitcher and the easy lob to first. Side retired.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 06:12 PM   #76
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,843
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I am myopic? Your last three posts have credulously repeated Mueller’s arguments without even the slightest bit of skepticism.
Correct. I have no skepticism that Mueller is claiming to have such evidence .

Quote:
I heard what excuse Mueller gave not to turn over basic Brady discovery because “the Russians.”

Sounds like *********** McCarthyism.
That's not what McCarthyism was, but fortunately we don't have to jump to conclusions about what evidence the federal intelligence agencies does or does not have. The judge was given information under court seal. You are claiming that Mueller was making an "McCarthyist" "excuse" in the explicit absence of evidence.

The investigation and court cases are going to proceed, so jumping on not having access to information that is specifically not publicly available to somehow argue that such information doesn't exist is a ridiculously short-sighted and nonsensical strategy.

Except for Trump's team and Republican propagandists, where undermining Mueller in the court of public opinion while he is investigating in necessary silence allows for a few outs. The first that the Special Counsel's conclusion can be weathered by the Republicans in Congress if it can be sufficiently discounted as partisan, witch-hunt, etc. The second that interfering (via firings or other means) can be excused for those reasons.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 07:01 PM   #77
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,368
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha View Post
Correct. I have no skepticism that Mueller is claiming to have such evidence .



That's not what McCarthyism was, but fortunately we don't have to jump to conclusions about what evidence the federal intelligence agencies does or does not have. The judge was given information under court seal. You are claiming that Mueller was making an "McCarthyist" "excuse" in the explicit absence of evidence.

The investigation and court cases are going to proceed, so jumping on not having access to information that is specifically not publicly available to somehow argue that such information doesn't exist is a ridiculously short-sighted and nonsensical strategy.

Except for Trump's team and Republican propagandists, where undermining Mueller in the court of public opinion while he is investigating in necessary silence allows for a few outs. The first that the Special Counsel's conclusion can be weathered by the Republicans in Congress if it can be sufficiently discounted as partisan, witch-hunt, etc. The second that interfering (via firings or other means) can be excused for those reasons.
Literally everything written above is wrong.

While I appreciate people taking an interest in the subject, one quickly realizes that perhaps this is the first time one has considered the issues? Mueller is acting like McCarthy

The defendants are entitled to the information Mueller has.

Mueller and his team do not want to give it to them.

Mueller and his team are way over their skis and are going to have make a hard decision to dismiss the indictment.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 09:31 PM   #78
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
What's wrong with acting like McCarthy? Your cult leader counts McCarthy as a hero. His buddy Cohn is definitively a major mentor of trump. That's fact.

So isn't that a good thing?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 10:15 PM   #79
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,443
Are defendants legally entitled to information that the prosecution has?

Would innocent defendants care?
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 10:57 PM   #80
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 69,954
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Are defendants legally entitled to information that the prosecution has?

Would innocent defendants care?
Not until you are charged or indicted. It's part of discovery in a trial, not part of the investigation.
__________________
Restore checks and balances no matter your party affiliation.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.