ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th July 2018, 06:44 PM   #881
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post

There is no reason that the investigation cannot be used to provide evidence for Congress to proceed with an indictment, which is what an impeachment by the House would be. And the same evidence can be used in the ensuing trial in the Senate, should the impeachment motion pass.
Yes yes yes.

I know that. Most of us here know that. I know Nixon resigned rather than waiting to be impeached. Most of us here know that too.

Does describing these details move the discussion forward? Given most of us know this, I certainly do, is there a point to repeating tedium?

Even if we didn't know it, would it have been relevant? No. It was not relevant pedantry.
Old 11th July 2018, 06:51 PM   #882
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
That's not the way I read it, but maybe I misunderstood.

I thought it was obvious what I meant. Trump nominates Kavanaugh thinking it can protect Trump from a criminal indictment for conspiring with foreign powers to influence the election and probably taking bribes and past money laundering.

But if Trump is impeached (and convicted ) Kavanaugh won't be saving Trump from the criminal indictment Trump thinks he can get out of.
Old 12th July 2018, 05:35 AM   #883
Drewbot
Philosopher

Kavanaugh will be Kennedy2.0

Liberals should be praising this choice.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 06:58 AM   #884
ahhell
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

I thought it was obvious what I meant. Trump nominates Kavanaugh thinking it can protect Trump from a criminal indictment for conspiring with foreign powers to influence the election and probably taking bribes and past money laundering.

But if Trump is impeached (and convicted ) Kavanaugh won't be saving Trump from the criminal indictment Trump thinks he can get out of.
This may be true but if that's why Trump nominated him, he really didn't understand what Kavanaugh was saying on the matter. Which is totally possible, even likely.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2018, 06:40 AM   #885
carlitos
"más divertido"

Trump didn’t understand the nuance of something before acting? Do go on.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2018, 06:49 AM   #886
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I love the circular kremlinology of it. The nominee has one opinion among many. That one opinion must be why Trump nominated him. And then the "fact" that Trump nominated him for the wrong reason gets folded back into the ongoing narrative about how stupid Trump is. How do we know how stupid Trump is? He does stupid stuff like this. How do we know this is stupid? Because Trump does stupid stuff. But actually the "fact" is pure speculation from start to finish.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics