ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags LGBT issues , London incidents , protest incidents , transgender issues

Old 17th July 2018, 01:56 PM   #121
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I never realised other people had such indepth conversations about whether to have a shag with someone or not.

You've been here 11 years. If you haven't worked out that this place is a positive nursery for conversations of this and it's like then you're just not paying attention.
Old 17th July 2018, 01:58 PM   #122
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
You've been here 11 years. If you haven't worked out that this place is a positive nursery for conversations of this and it's like then you're just not paying attention.
Lol fair call
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 01:59 PM   #123
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Lol fair call
Old 17th July 2018, 02:09 PM   #124
3point14
Pi

NM
Old 17th July 2018, 03:02 PM   #125
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
The women on Gender Critical (for example) obviously have a strong anti-trans agenda in general, so I sometimes have trouble taking the details of their more outrageous stories at face-value. A lot of the events are just a little too convenient. To hear these women tell it, every transwoman they know is a sexually pushy, bearded antifeminist who lectures them all day and tries to feel them up all night. Literally none of the transwomen I've ever known were like that. Not one. They were just people.
I think that encapsulates my experience. None of the transgender people I know - and by some quirk of random fate I do know quite a few - even remotely fit the stereotypes propagated by TERFs and their fellow travellers.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 03:46 PM   #126
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
And while not just saying "No", but instead engaging in a complicated debate on the issue, he makes at least one unfounded generalization, and one actually bigoted comment.

Just because you don't consider this to be "heterosexual sex" doesn't mean that no one ever considers it to be so. By making this first point, you basically tell this person that they will never, ever have the type of sex they desire, whether it's with you or anyone else. Not only is this dismissive of the transwoman in question, it's dismissive of all the cismen who aren't you, who might consider having sex with them.

And of course, "I don't identify him as a woman" goes straight to the heart of transphobia
And there it is. Me not personally being attracted to transwomen = me saying transwomen can't be attractive to anyone, and also means I'm transphobic.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 04:35 PM   #127
pharphis
Graduate Poster

Dr. Gad Saad chimes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cqhirppHM
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 05:36 PM   #128
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

https://astroterf.wordpress.com/2018...the-lgbt-nest/
Old 17th July 2018, 05:59 PM   #129
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

I think you may have wildly misread my point. I thank you for your kind invitation not to contribute any further, but you don't get to make that decision for me, sorry.
I don't think I misread your point at all, actually. You repeatedly have said you "don't care" about every item which has to do with how society treats transgender people. I am simply saying that you are totally free to continue to not care to your heart's content and those of us who do care can continue to do that as well. I am offering reassurance that your not-caring is perfectly fine but if you wish to take that as my invitation for you to do what it is you're already doing... okay. Thanks?

Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
That's funny. I recall ContraPoints saying in a video on fascism (about 1 year ago iirc) that it is a 'white' thing. Not exactly a sound-minded individual
(no I have not seen most of her work)
I've watched all her videos and nowhere I can recall has she ever said that it's a white thing; that no POC could ever be fascist. Currently in the US (and in Italy where fascism got its start, along with Germany) it happens that fascism is being put forth by white supremacists/white nationalists/neo-Nazis so, in that sense, in that frame of reference, she's correct. I have no idea if you consider the Chinese or Koreans as 'white' but they have some elements of fascism going too.

But again, nowhere has she said that it's impossible for fascism to exist in Brazil, for example, or Uganda or the Philippines or the New Guineans.

Her videos are pretty out there visually, but I believe she actually puts forth very rational and (essentially) calm facts supporting her POV.

If you still disagree, that's fine. I don't have to die on that hill, I don't care if ContraPoints as a source is bunk (though again I don't think it is).
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:32 PM   #130
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
And there it is. Me not personally being attracted to transwomen = me saying transwomen can't be attractive to anyone, and also means I'm transphobic.
Wait, what? That's not what was said.

I've been very active in the LGBTQ communities since high school, yet I'm 'straight'. Very much so. Almost no one has ever given me any **** over 'penis ruins it for me' in real life or online even. The only time my sexual preferences have ever been seriously questioned was by the lesbians and a bi girl back in the 'Gay club' in college. They were sure I had to be 'at least bi', and started questioning me about it. This was ended when one of my gay guy friends got a little upset, saying something to the effect of, 'we don't want people constantly doubting our sexuality, we don't get to turn around and do that to him'. None of the guys ever doubted I wasn't gay or bi. None of the trans men or women did either. The only people to ever give anyone crap about that was in even a minor way were the lesbians (who my sister once called 'the mansplainers of the LGBTQ community').

Let me come at it from another angle to explain it. Let's say someone says they don't find themselves sexually attracted to any white men, and they don't know why. Would you call that racism? I wouldn't. But if they said they weren't attracted to any white men because they aren't real men like everyone else? Hell yes I'd call that racism.

It seems you're categorizing your objection to the hypothetical sex acts in the very broad term of heterosexuality, but that doesn't encompass all aspects of you as a person with sexual preferences. It is only one aspect, and to consider all sexual interactions as only relating to that aspect leaves out a lot, which I'm sure you know on an intellectual level. It simply does not describe everything there.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:46 PM   #131
pharphis
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
I don't think I misread your point at all, actually. You repeatedly have said you "don't care" about every item which has to do with how society treats transgender people. I am simply saying that you are totally free to continue to not care to your heart's content and those of us who do care can continue to do that as well. I am offering reassurance that your not-caring is perfectly fine but if you wish to take that as my invitation for you to do what it is you're already doing... okay. Thanks?

I've watched all her videos and nowhere I can recall has she ever said that it's a white thing; that no POC could ever be fascist. Currently in the US (and in Italy where fascism got its start, along with Germany) it happens that fascism is being put forth by white supremacists/white nationalists/neo-Nazis so, in that sense, in that frame of reference, she's correct. I have no idea if you consider the Chinese or Koreans as 'white' but they have some elements of fascism going too.

But again, nowhere has she said that it's impossible for fascism to exist in Brazil, for example, or Uganda or the Philippines or the New Guineans.

Her videos are pretty out there visually, but I believe she actually puts forth very rational and (essentially) calm facts supporting her POV.

If you still disagree, that's fine. I don't have to die on that hill, I don't care if ContraPoints as a source is bunk (though again I don't think it is).
I think I was overly harsh with my name-calling but I do recall it being explicitly framed as being essentially a "white" thing. I don't believe the context was only "white(r) places" but it's been awhile. I just remember being put really off by it.

Anyway it was a random aside and not really relevant to anything else they say, in hindsight. It's just the first thing that came to mind for me.
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 06:54 PM   #132
pharphis
Graduate Poster

oops wrong thread...
Old 17th July 2018, 07:03 PM   #133
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Except you didn't just say you're "not personally ... attracted to transwomen". That wouldn't be a problem.

Go back and look at what you actually said, and try to think of what it sounded like to someone who wasn't you.

You literally said "I don't identify him as a woman", which, as I explained, is the entire problem with people not accepting transfolk in society.

There's ways of saying "I'm not personally attracted to transwomen" without denying their entire experience as transwomen. Again, go back and look at it, and maybe think about it for a bit.
Old 17th July 2018, 07:09 PM   #134
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Except you didn't just say you're "not personally ... attracted to transwomen". That wouldn't be a problem.

Go back and look at what you actually said, and try to think of what it sounded like to someone who wasn't you.

You literally said "I don't identify him as a woman", which, as I explained, is the entire problem with people not accepting transfolk in society.
I accept transfolk in society just fine. I just don't accept transwomen in my butthole.

If being denied access to sex makes them feel like a social outcast, there's a whole incel movement that feels their special pain.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2018, 07:19 PM   #135
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I accept transfolk in society just fine. I just don't accept transwomen in my butthole.

And if I was to say, "I accept black people in society just fine. I just don't **** *******", I suspect you'd have no problem saying that was a racist thing to say.

Saying that transwomen aren't women is the trans equivalent of that remark.

No one is giving you problems for your preferences. It's how you express those preferences that's the problem. I'm not sure how it is you can keep missing that point.
Old 18th July 2018, 01:25 AM   #136
3point14
Pi

I don't think I misread your point at all, actually. You repeatedly have said you "don't care" about every item which has to do with how society treats transgender people.
Yes. You're misreading me. I don't care. As in, as I have said for what is becoming an irritating number of times, it has nothing to do with me, why should it? I have no dog in this fight, it's **** all to do with me what you want to call youreself and i'll ascede to your wishes to be identified any way you like, because I don't care. It doesn't affect me. anyone who thinks it affects them is a loony.

You do know that transphobic people really, really do care. That's why they write transphobic articles and shout about how dangerous a penis in the ladies room is. They care in buckets. I don't care at all.

You're in such a rush to take offense that you're not actually comprehending what the very words you are reading are saying.

I don't care which bathroom you use - use which you like

I don't care which gender you identify - identify as you like

I don't care what clothes you wear, wear what you like

I don't care what you call yourself, call yourself what you like.

I don't care. It's literally none of my damn business.

Yes, you have massively and without actually thinking about what you're reading, almost willfully misunderstood what I'm saying in order to take as much offense as possible. Not only that, rather than ask questions before making utterly horrible accusations, you just went straight to the horrible accusations. When told you'd misunderstood, you didn't stop to think "Hmmm, maybe I've misunderstood this man, perhaps I should seek to clarify before doubling down on making utterly horrible accusations again." You just went ahead and called me a ****. Again. Don't do that. And, when someone says that what you take from their writings isn't what they intend you to take, maybe listen to them, eh?

Do you find this level of unjustified accusation often carries the congregation?

Last edited by 3point14; 18th July 2018 at 01:53 AM.
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 02:03 AM   #137
JihadJane
not a camel

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Forgive me if I missed it, but has the term "TERF" been defined? I'd rather not go to urbandictionary.com while I'm at work...
TERF (Trans-exclusionary radical feminist) is a slur used by transgender political activists to shut down criticism of their ridiculous ideology. For example, if you deny that transwomen are women (i.e assert they are forever biological men, not women) or assert that there is no such thing as a female penis, you are a TERF.

Claiming that anyone can be a women simply because they feel like (identify as) one, makes the word "woman" meaningless and makes women as a class invisible.

Transactivists often express the desire to kill "TERFs", preferably all of them. Here are some examples:

https://terfisaslur.com/

Last edited by JihadJane; 18th July 2018 at 02:23 AM.
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 03:12 AM   #138
Rolfe

Horatius, where on earth did you get this bizarre idea that men can literally change into women? It's as bonkers as claiming that shaken-up sugar pills can cure disease or that contrails are the illuminati spraying mind control drugs on us all.
Old 18th July 2018, 03:28 AM   #139
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

What's the prophylactic barrier that prevents opinions expressed on a college campus from being carried off campus by the students?

Isn't the whole point of college to give young adults a set of ideas and experiences that they will bring forward with them into civil society? Is there any reason to think that ideas that are expressed openly on college campuses aren't held privately by many of the students even after they graduate?

The crazy radfem professor may choose to spew her craziness exclusively from the safe space of her ivory tower, but what of all her students? Do they leave her ideas behind when they graduate? Is that how we think college works? Is that how we think college should work?
Isn't college to get your qualifications so for example your A levels? Certainly is in the UK.
Old 18th July 2018, 04:44 AM   #140
JihadJane
not a camel

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I've had the privilege of knowing some remarkable trans people, like Vandy Beth Glenn. The notion that she's a "man in a dress with a bad wig" is offensive and gross.

Fortunately, the scientific, medical, and legal system all disagree with that assessment.
What is the scientific consensus on men becoming women (i.e. changing their chromosomes, men having babies etc)?

Is there really a medical consensus that says the best way to help people who feel distressed about not fitting into societal gender stereotypes is for them to identify themselves as members of the opposite sex or even to change their bodies to more resemble their opposite sex?

It is extremely worrying that the legal systems (and other systems) in some countries have been corrupted by transgender activist woo.
Old 18th July 2018, 04:53 AM   #141
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Originally Posted by JihadJane View Post
What is the scientific consensus on men becoming women (i.e. changing their chromosomes, men having babies etc)?

Is there really a medical consensus that says the best way to help people who feel distressed about not fitting into societal gender stereotypes is for them to identify themselves as members of the opposite sex or even to change their bodies to more resemble their opposite sex?

It is extremely worrying that the legal systems (and other systems) in some countries have been corrupted by transgender activist woo.
You're completely unfamiliar with the research in the area, but you're firmly convinced it's all "woo."

Yeah, you go on and do your thing. I'm not getting involved.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:06 AM   #142
Rolfe

There's research demonstrating that men can actually turn into women?
Old 18th July 2018, 05:07 AM   #143
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Can you give a cite for the highlighted definition?
It's my understanding that it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable with gender roles, but rather with one's own body.

And there appears to be quite a bit of evidence suggesting that allowing people to transition to their target gender helps... https://whatweknow.inequality.cornel...gender-people/
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 05:08 AM   #144
JihadJane
not a camel

You're completely unfamiliar with the research in the area, but you're firmly convinced it's all "woo."

Yeah, you go on and do your thing. I'm not getting involved.
The two main transactivist mantras are "Transwomen are women" and "It's not up for debate."

Your response seems to be an example of the latter.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:16 AM   #145
3point14
Pi

The two main transactivist mantras are "Transwomen are women" and "It's not up for debate."

Well, I'm told that the simple willingness to discuss it demonstrates one to be a transphobic bigot.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:26 AM   #146
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I really don't think so. I think there are a vanishingly small number of people who would have this attitude. They just make up a greater percentage of twitter (spit) twits than they do of the general public.

Essentially, they are empty vessels making a lot of noise. Most people of non-conventional sexuality are probably extremely embarrassed by them.
And they provide regular "click bait" for those that rely on clicks for revenue so they do get more exposure than you'd expect given their actual numbers but that doesn't make them any more significant. Just more noticiable.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:34 AM   #147
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

The transphobia does not lie in how you answer the question of whether you'd be attracted to a trans person.

The transphobia lies in obsessing about the question in the first place.

This really is no different from the guys (it was always guys) who saw the gay rights movement and started obsessing about what they would do if a guy ever hit on them.
Where has he obsessed about the question?
Old 18th July 2018, 05:39 AM   #148
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Well, I'm told that the simple willingness to discuss it demonstrates one to be a transphobic bigot.
And here I get accused of being racist every time I just bring up the debate on if we should consider blacks to be as worthwhile as whites. It is a simple debate but even bringing it up and opening the debate gets you accused of racism.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 05:48 AM   #149
JihadJane
not a camel

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Can you give a cite for the highlighted definition?
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/

Quote:
It's my understanding that it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable with gender roles, but rather with one's own body.
It is the experience of a mismatch between societally defined gender roles (gender is not innate) and one's biological sex.

Quote:
And there appears to be quite a bit of evidence suggesting that allowing people to transition to their target gender helps... https://whatweknow.inequality.cornel...gender-people/
Transgender activist ideology increasingly claims that biology is irrelevant to the sexual orientation, so that some men can now claim to be lesbians and get very upset if you disagree! They will call you a TERF!

Your article appears to be addressing gender dysphoria, which is a recognised medical condition, which not relevant to many of the claims that transgender identity activists make. I'd need to read all the sources before I could comment on them. The research findings seem to be saying that much more research is needed. However it wouldn't be surprising if conforming to society's gender roles (simply swapping one for another) makes life easier than simply remaining a man (a male person), for example, while exhibiting many stereotypically female behaviours and interests. It's easier, psychologically, to pretend to be a woman instead.

Most of today's transgender identity people do not alter their bodies. This is not surprising as it's a big thing to chop your cock off. It won't grow back. Trans "women" seem to like to hang onto them! Instead they alter their gender roles, behaviours and appearances to fit in with societally defined or alternative gender roles. Even that may change, though, because men who have made no attempt to be or appear as anything other that what men look like and behave like in our society are now claiming that they are women (because they feel like it inside) and therefore demand the right to access women-only spaces. In some areas, their demands are being met.

Please explain how the assertion "transwomen are women" doesn't fit in with this forum's definition of "woo". Maybe start off by defining the word "woman".

Last edited by JihadJane; 18th July 2018 at 05:53 AM.
JihadJane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 05:52 AM   #150
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

So as always we get to:

It's vitally important that I conceptualize a person's gender in the way they want me to even if it makes no difference in how I actually treat the person but it's none of my business and questioning this makes me a transphobe.

Can people stop being so damn picky demanding I think a certain way about things that are none of my business? "None of my business" is a two way street. If it's none of my business, it's also none of my concern.

If I'm treating the person with respect and dignity what the bloody hell does it matter what I internally conceptualize them as? What am I psychically misgendering their soul?

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 05:55 AM   #151
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

You are mistaking two ways the "don't care" can be used. 3.4 is using it in the "it shouldn't matter one iota how someone wants to identify themselves as, it should be entirely up to them".
Old 18th July 2018, 06:00 AM   #152
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

I think I was overly harsh with my name-calling but I do recall it being explicitly framed as being essentially a "white" thing. I don't believe the context was only "white(r) places" but it's been awhile. I just remember being put really off by it.

Anyway it was a random aside and not really relevant to anything else they say, in hindsight. It's just the first thing that came to mind for me.
No worries.

Yes. You're misreading me. I don't care. As in, as I have said for what is becoming an irritating number of times, it has nothing to do with me, why should it? I have no dog in this fight, it's **** all to do with me what you want to call youreself and i'll ascede to your wishes to be identified any way you like, because I don't care. It doesn't affect me. anyone who thinks it affects them is a loony.

You do know that transphobic people really, really do care. That's why they write transphobic articles and shout about how dangerous a penis in the ladies room is. They care in buckets. I don't care at all.

You're in such a rush to take offense that you're not actually comprehending what the very words you are reading are saying.

I don't care which bathroom you use - use which you like

I don't care which gender you identify - identify as you like

I don't care what clothes you wear, wear what you like

I don't care what you call yourself, call yourself what you like.

I don't care. It's literally none of my damn business.

Yes, you have massively and without actually thinking about what you're reading, almost willfully misunderstood what I'm saying in order to take as much offense as possible. Not only that, rather than ask questions before making utterly horrible accusations, you just went straight to the horrible accusations. When told you'd misunderstood, you didn't stop to think "Hmmm, maybe I've misunderstood this man, perhaps I should seek to clarify before doubling down on making utterly horrible accusations again." You just went ahead and called me a ****. Again. Don't do that. And, when someone says that what you take from their writings isn't what they intend you to take, maybe listen to them, eh?

Do you find this level of unjustified accusation often carries the congregation?
Um... okay.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 06:07 AM   #153
JihadJane
not a camel

I really don't think so. I think there are a vanishingly small number of people who would have this attitude. They just make up a greater percentage of twitter (spit) twits than they do of the general public.

Essentially, they are empty vessels making a lot of noise. Most people of non-conventional sexuality are probably extremely embarrassed by them.
I agree with your second assertion.

The PRIDE protest was about the damage done to women's interests by transgender political activism. It was not making any comment on people with non-conventional sexuality. It was an attempt to defend many of these people's spaces and historical political gains.

In the UK, transgender activists (espousing a narcissistic ideology imported from the USA) are wielding an enormous amount of power over young people in UK universities and in left political realms such as the Labour Party. Many people on the left are terrified to speak out against transgender activist nonsense for fear of being ostracised as bigots, TERFs, transphobic etc. They may also be physically attacked. It's not a good time to be a young lesbian.

Last edited by JihadJane; 18th July 2018 at 06:13 AM.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:25 AM   #154
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
You are mistaking two ways the "don't care" can be used. 3.4 is using it in the "it shouldn't matter one iota how someone wants to identify themselves as, it should be entirely up to them".
Oh, for ****'s sake.

This is ridiculous. Why I am bothering, I don't know.

Here is the sum total of EVERYTHING I'VE SAID IN THIS THREAD sans the two ContraPoints sidenotes:
The anti-trans bigotry here is eerily similar to the kinds of posts made by Skeptic Tank regarding POC and "multiculturalism." They come across the same way — the self-justification and self-victimhood... it's sad in a way.
NOW SPEAKING TO 3POINT14
Every single other instance deals with society in general and not you personally. So... great! You're completely and unashamedly selfish when it comes to transgender issues! Thanks for the input! We'll take it from here, okay? Those of us who do care about how society treats one another, that is.
The first post I ever made was a general observation having NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with 3point14.

SHOW ME where the **** I did ANY of what I'm being accused of, as in, "almost willfully misunderstood what [3point14 is] saying in order to [give] as much offense as possible. Not only that, rather than ask questions before making utterly horrible accusations, [i] just went straight to the horrible accusations."

I mean, how dare you, 3point14, go off on me like this. Read the *********** highlited and tell me how I possibly could have misread you saying YOU DON'T CARE?
Old 18th July 2018, 06:27 AM   #155
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
And here I get accused of being racist every time I just bring up the debate on if we should consider blacks to be as worthwhile as whites. It is a simple debate but even bringing it up and opening the debate gets you accused of racism.
Would you care to explain the above comment?

If you believe me to be being wildly inappropriate, please show which of my words has led you to this.

Actually quoting me really helps, otherwise I think you're just casting knee-jerk, gross insults. Please don't do that without showing where it's coming from.

Last edited by 3point14; 18th July 2018 at 06:29 AM.
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 06:28 AM   #156
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

No, because I didn't make it.

I just quoted everything I've said on the subject as well as everything I've said to you.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:32 AM   #157
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

If you believe me to be being wildly inappropriate, please show which of my words has led you to this.

Actually quoting me really helps, otherwise I think you're just casting knee-jerk, gross insults. Please don't do that without showing where it's coming from.
I am now responding to your edits.

Read post number 136.That is MY name and MY post you quoted and YOUR response is the one I am responding to.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:32 AM   #158
3point14
Pi

NM

Last edited by 3point14; 18th July 2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:35 AM   #159
Cleon
King of the Pod People

If you simply google the worse "transgender science," you will be greeted with a plethora of news articles and scientific papers that all appear to conclusively show that transpeople aren't just "men who want to become women."

There is a lot. This is a subject that's been studied for over a century.

As much as I would love to give you a nicely tailored list, I've got **** to do.

Quote:
No, my attitude is that your opinion that is firmly entrenched despite being admittedly uninformed, and therefore I have better things to do than waste my time here.

If you want to take that and claim victory, have at it, hoss.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:35 AM   #160
3point14
Pi

Oh, for ****'s sake.

This is ridiculous. Why I am bothering, I don't know.

Here is the sum total of EVERYTHING I'VE SAID IN THIS THREAD sans the two ContraPoints sidenotes:

NOW SPEAKING TO 3POINT14

The first post I ever made was a general observation having NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with 3point14.

SHOW ME where the **** I did ANY of what I'm being accused of, as in, "almost willfully misunderstood what [3point14 is] saying in order to [give] as much offense as possible. Not only that, rather than ask questions before making utterly horrible accusations, [i] just went straight to the horrible accusations."

I mean, how dare you, 3point14, go off on me like this. Read the *********** highlited and tell me how I possibly could have misread you saying YOU DON'T CARE?

Can you tell me in which way you think I should care?

Can you show me how whatever label someone chooses to use has anything to do with me?

What does this 'caring' look like?

I have to ask - Is English your first language? I mean no offense, but you seem to be able to comprehend what I'm saying.

You also seem to be believing you are able to read my mind. Why would I lie when I tell you that what you take from my writings isn't correct? Why would I do that?

What exactly do you think I' saying when I say "I don't care"?

What do you think I should care about?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events