ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 17th August 2018, 04:37 AM   #41
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

"In speaking with some of the world’s top business leaders I asked what it is that would make business (jobs) even better in the U.S. “Stop quarterly reporting & go to a six month system,” said one. That would allow greater flexibility & save money. I have asked the SEC to study!"
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:43 AM   #42
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

"In speaking with some of the world’s top business leaders I asked what it is that would make business (jobs) even better in the U.S. “Stop quarterly reporting & go to a six month system,” said one. That would allow greater flexibility & save money. I have asked the SEC to study!"

As much as I despise the man, I must agree on the point. Quarterly reporting is a mess at company level. From my experience at GE, I found it it severely limits long term strategies and creates unnecessary overheads due to the time taken generating those reports.
Old 17th August 2018, 04:56 AM   #43
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Department of Defence announced that Donald Trump’s military parade, scheduled for November has now been officially “postponed” until 2019.
Latest (anonymous) estimate was that it was going to cost over $90 million. The PDJT's got to be pissed. That makes me happy.
Old 17th August 2018, 04:59 AM   #44
Elagabalus
Master Poster

Trump Tweets

"How can “Senator” Richard Blumenthal, who went around for twenty years as a Connecticut politician bragging that he was a great Marine war hero in Vietnam (then got caught and sobbingly admitted he was neither a Marine nor ever in Vietnam), pass judgement on anyone? Loser!"

"
Somebody else wrote that. "sobbingly admitted" is waaaay to sophisticated for Trump.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 05:01 AM   #45
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Department of Defence announced that Donald Trump’s military parade, scheduled for November has now been officially “postponed” until 2019.

Are there any angry tweets yet?
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 05:05 AM   #46
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
Are there any angry tweets yet?

He's still building up pressure...
Old 17th August 2018, 05:07 AM   #47
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I think it is delayed because he thought he was going to make gains in the elections and having a parade right after would be like a celebration of his increased grip on power.

As it looks like the Dems are going to take the House he has changed his mind.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 05:08 AM   #48
EvilBiker
Graduate Poster

Ah...

"The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead..."

Sorry, Captain...

Blame is being apportioned....

/continued

"....attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!"

Oooo, jet fighters!

I just can't. ...

Last edited by EvilBiker; 17th August 2018 at 05:11 AM.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 05:16 AM   #49
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

The Trump Presidency IX: Nein, Nein!

I assumed the increased cost would be for a generalissimo uniform for the Dolt. Something white with lots of gold piping and Swarovski crystals. Something classy.
TheSupermeerkat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 05:21 AM   #50
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I was just about to post them

Not his fault at all. How did we know that?
Old 17th August 2018, 05:27 AM   #51
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

"How does a politician, Cuomo, known for pushing people and businesses out of his state, not to mention having the highest taxes in the U.S., survive making the statement, WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, IT WAS NEVER THAT GREAT? Which section of the sentence is worse?"
Old 17th August 2018, 06:04 AM   #52
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Part IX already? How time flies! For the tag line I would have used “trump harder” or “trump strikes back”
"Trump tweets harder"
Old 17th August 2018, 06:09 AM   #53
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
Ah...

"The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead..."

Sorry, Captain...

Blame is being apportioned....

/continued

"....attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!"

Oooo, jet fighters!

I just can't. ...
I would think the jet fighters would have been the first priority
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:17 AM   #54
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Ah...

Sorry, Captain...
It's just capitalism, that's all. Supply and demand. What's it worth to them?

The local politicians know that this stupid parade is going to be a major hassle, and they need to make it worth everyone's while to do it. That's the cost of doing business, dude.

Take it or leave it. Oh, he left it.

Guarantee you, the "local politicians" are not complaining.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:45 AM   #55
FenerFan
Illuminator

Trump Tweets

"Turkey has taken advantage of the United States for many years. They are now holding our wonderful Christian Pastor, who I must now ask to represent our Country as a great patriot hostage. We will pay nothing for the release of an innocent man, but we are cutting back on Turkey!"
I know Trump is too stupid to understand and too callous to care, but this statement will be deeply offensive to a lot of Turks, IMO. To say to someone that they are taking advantage or ripping you off is kind of a big deal. Trump knows Turkey is in NATO, right.
The people here were unhappy enough about relations with the US already. Trump is horrible.

Last edited by FenerFan; 17th August 2018 at 06:46 AM.
FenerFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 07:02 AM   #56
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I would think the jet fighters would have been the first priority
Wonder how many can be purchased for $90 million?
Old 17th August 2018, 07:14 AM   #57
Aber
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Wonder how many can be purchased for $90 million?
ONE

Quote:
The deal for 141 F-35s lowers the price of the F-35A, the most common version of the stealthy fighter jet, to about $89 million
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ply&p=12398213
Aber is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 07:20 AM   #58
TofuFighter
Graduate Poster

I keep reading: The Trump Presidency XI. I'll just [patiently await the China season Celebrity Big Baby.
Old 17th August 2018, 07:22 AM   #59
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
I keep reading: The Trump Presidency XI. I'll just [patiently await the China season Celebrity Big Baby.
I keep getting it confused with the Star Wars IX thread in Movies.

Will the presidency include footage of Carrie Fischer cut from Drop Dead Fred?
Old 17th August 2018, 07:59 AM   #60
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by FenerFan View Post
I know Trump is too stupid to understand and too callous to care, but this statement will be deeply offensive to a lot of Turks, IMO. To say to someone that they are taking advantage or ripping you off is kind of a big deal. Trump knows Turkey is in NATO, right.
The people here were unhappy enough about relations with the US already. Trump is horrible.
I don't know why anyone in Turkey would really be offended by Trump's remarks. He has said similar things about all of NATO.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:02 AM   #61
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Yes Trump is horrible but Erdogan is also horrible. A double whammy on the people of Turkey.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:20 AM   #62
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

The Trump Presidency IX: Nein, Nein!

I’m sure Muriel Bowser being an African-American woman had nothing to do with the Toddler-in-chief’s current meltdown. Can a “low IQ” attack be far behind?

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 17th August 2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:35 AM   #63
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The PDJT's hair helmet was particularly egregious today at his impromptu chat on the White House lawn.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:41 AM   #64
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
I wouldn’t dare to impugn my beloved god emperor. In light of the above, I have recalibrated my memory and I now believe agent orange was used in Apocalypse Now.
"I love the smell of napalm Agent Orange in the morning, it smells like, victory Marmalade."
Old 17th August 2018, 09:14 AM   #65
CORed
Philosopher

As much as I despise the man, I must agree on the point. Quarterly reporting is a mess at company level. From my experience at GE, I found it it severely limits long term strategies and creates unnecessary overheads due to the time taken generating those reports.
It's the stopped clock syndrome. Every once in awhile, Trump accidentally gets something right.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 10:02 AM   #66
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
It's the stopped clock syndrome. Every once in awhile, Trump accidentally gets something right.
Doesn't he have hedge fund managers in the family? Does anyone have a handle on the volume of trading done at the quarters? I can't see the SEC agreeing to semi-annual financial reporting.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 10:06 AM   #67
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Trump Tweets

Even a broken watch is right twice a day - especially if it got a working clock to tell it the time.
Old 17th August 2018, 10:08 AM   #68
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I’m sure Muriel Bowser being an African-American woman had nothing to do with the Toddler-in-chief’s current meltdown. Can a “low IQ” attack be far behind?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ada89048d0.jpg
That is the Trump presidency in a nutshell.
I love the early 20th Century kid's outfit on him.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 17th August 2018 at 10:10 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 10:10 AM   #69
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

All I can say is: HA HA HA!

From: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ents/23503965/
Judge says Trump campaign screwed up on wording of confidentiality agreements

The story:
- A woman works on the Trump campaign
- Woman signs non-disclosure agreement
- Woman becomes victim of theft, sexual harassment and slander from coworkers on the campaign
- Woman launches lawsuit
- Trump legal team goes to court to try to force things to be resolved through arbitration (which can be done quietly, behind closed doors).
- Judge looks at non-disclosure agreement, finds it badly written, and decides that arbitration is not required and the case can be decided on in open court

Why its relevant:

- Anything that harms Trump (including a potentially messy legal case that he was only tangentaly involved in) is a good thing, and the possibility that his campaign will have to fork out millions makes me smile
- If the team used the same template for all their non-disclosure agreements, it would open up the possibility for other people to talk freely (including Omarosa)

Although one thing does bother me... just how much sympathy should we have for this woman? I am not condoning sexual harassment or slander, but she was working on the Trump campaign. She was trying to get Trump elected, the man who liked to 'grab em by the pussy', slandered people regularly, openly called for laws to be broken, and encouraged violence. Shouldn't she have expected that type of treatment?

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 10:54 AM   #70
Stacyhs
Illuminator

[quote=Segnosaur;12398442]All I can say is: HA HA HA!

From: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ents/23503965/
Judge says Trump campaign screwed up on wording of confidentiality agreements

The story:
- A woman works on the Trump campaign
- Woman signs non-disclosure agreement
- Woman becomes victim of theft, sexual harassment and slander from coworkers on the campaign
- Woman launches lawsuit
- Trump legal team goes to court to try to force things to be resolved through arbitration (which can be done quietly, behind closed doors).
- Judge looks at non-disclosure agreement, finds it badly written, and decides that arbitration is not required and the case can be decided on in open court

Why its relevant:

- Anything that harms Trump (including a potentially messy legal case that he was only tangentaly involved in) is a good thing, and the possibility that his campaign will have to fork out millions makes me smile
- If the team used the same template for all their non-disclosure agreements, it would open up the possibility for other people to talk freely (including Omarosa)

Although one thing does bother me... just how much sympathy should we have for this woman? I am not condoning sexual harassment or slander, but she was working on the Trump campaign. She was trying to get Trump elected, the man who liked to 'grab em by the pussy', slandered people regularly, openly called for laws to be broken, and encouraged violence. Shouldn't she have expected that type of treatment?[/QUOTE]

Oh, the sweet irony...
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 11:03 AM   #71
FenerFan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Yes Trump is horrible but Erdogan is also horrible. A double whammy on the people of Turkey.
That's a fair point. I agree completely.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:08 AM   #72
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

Although one thing does bother me... just how much sympathy should we have for this woman?
The full amount.

To suggest otherwise kind of suggests “she deserved it”.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:10 AM   #73
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Although one thing does bother me... just how much sympathy should we have for this woman?

You don't have to have any sympathy for her. At this point, just following the rule of law properly would put us farther ahead of where we are, even if a few people we don't like come out a bit ahead too, as a result.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:27 AM   #74
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Notice the big deal about the guy being a "CHristian Pastor". Seems to me if the guy were Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist or whatever Turkey's action would be just as reprehensible.
What makes Trump's pandering to the religious right obnoxious is it's so hypocritical. Trump does not give a damn about religion but will do anything to fire up his "base".
Trump is right in taking action against Erdogran, but he seems intent on alienating Turks who might have no love for Erdogran.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 12:07 PM   #75
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Quote:
The full amount.
To suggest otherwise kind of suggests “she deserved it”.
But doesn't she deserve it (at least to some degree)?

This is not some innocent woman who was sexually assaulted and people claim "her dress was too short", nor is she like a Weinstein victim. She's more like the idiot gun collector who accidentally shoots themselves in the foot because they are careless with their firearms. Or the Trump supporters in coal country who are concerned about losing their health care... she was PUSHING to have a misogynist elected president, and then she was victim of the very thing that her candidate represented.

Not that I think she should lose her court case. I hope she wins, and wins big. Because the legal system should be equal for everyone, even the ones you may disagree with.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 12:52 PM   #76
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

"Wow! Big pushback on Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York for his really dumb statement about America’s lack of greatness. I have already MADE America Great Again, just look at the markets, jobs, military- setting records, and we will do even better. Andrew “choked” badly, mistake!"

"When a politician admits that “We’re not going to make America great again,” there doesn’t seem to be much reason to ever vote for him. This could be a career threatening statement by Andrew Cuomo, with many wanting him to resign-he will get higher ratings than his brother Chris!"

"Which is worse, Hightax Andrew Cuomo's statement, “WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, IT WAS NEVER THAT GREAT” or Hillary Clinton’s “DEPLORABLES” statement..."

"...I say Andrew’s was a bigger and more incompetent blunder. He should easily win his race against a Super Liberal Actress, but his political career is over!"
Old 17th August 2018, 01:00 PM   #77
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

"Wow! Big pushback on Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York for his really dumb statement about America’s lack of greatness. I have already MADE America Great Again, just look at the markets, jobs, military- setting records, and we will do even better. Andrew “choked” badly, mistake!"

"When a politician admits that “We’re not going to make America great again,” there doesn’t seem to be much reason to ever vote for him. This could be a career threatening statement by Andrew Cuomo, with many wanting him to resign-he will get higher ratings than his brother Chris!"

"Which is worse, Hightax Andrew Cuomo's statement, “WE’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, IT WAS NEVER THAT GREAT” or Hillary Clinton’s “DEPLORABLES” statement..."

"...I say Andrew’s was a bigger and more incompetent blunder. He should easily win his race against a Super Liberal Actress, but his political career is over!"
I partially agree. It is a comment that negatively affects the mood.... of stupid people.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 01:05 PM   #78
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I wouldn’t dare to impugn my beloved god emperor. In light of the above, I have recalibrated my memory and I now believe agent orange was used in Apocalypse Now.
"It smells like... winning. Especially early in the day."
-Col. Klink. Apocalypse Now.
[As recounted but President D. J. Trump.}

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 01:14 PM   #79
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

... & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. ...
Yes, I'm a cynical bastard, but I have to ask... does he know which war?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 01:21 PM   #80
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

What a way to show his support for the Vets. Spend Veterans Day on holiday in France.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics