ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 17th August 2018, 01:25 PM   #81
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What a way to show his support for the Vets. Spend Veterans Day on holiday in France.
But.... but..... but...... there's a PARADE!!!!

Eta: I very much doubt that France wants him there.

Last edited by Steve; 17th August 2018 at 01:27 PM.
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 01:27 PM   #82
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
All I can say is: HA HA HA!

From: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ents/23503965/
Judge says Trump campaign screwed up on wording of confidentiality agreements

The story:
- A woman works on the Trump campaign
- Woman signs non-disclosure agreement
- Woman becomes victim of theft, sexual harassment and slander from coworkers on the campaign
- Woman launches lawsuit
- Trump legal team goes to court to try to force things to be resolved through arbitration (which can be done quietly, behind closed doors).
- Judge looks at non-disclosure agreement, finds it badly written, and decides that arbitration is not required and the case can be decided on in open court

Why its relevant:

- Anything that harms Trump (including a potentially messy legal case that he was only tangentaly involved in) is a good thing, and the possibility that his campaign will have to fork out millions makes me smile
- If the team used the same template for all their non-disclosure agreements, it would open up the possibility for other people to talk freely (including Omarosa)

Although one thing does bother me... just how much sympathy should we have for this woman? I am not condoning sexual harassment or slander, but she was working on the Trump campaign. She was trying to get Trump elected, the man who liked to 'grab em by the pussy', slandered people regularly, openly called for laws to be broken, and encouraged violence. Shouldn't she have expected that type of treatment?
Depends, was she white and hot or a housekeeper?
Old 17th August 2018, 01:36 PM   #83
Elagabalus
Master Poster

But doesn't she deserve it (at least to some degree)...?
No. (This is weird, dude) She didn't sign up to be sexually harassed even if she was working for Trump.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 01:38 PM   #84
Worm
Master Poster

Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
As much as I despise the man, I must agree on the point. Quarterly reporting is a mess at company level. From my experience at GE, I found it it severely limits long term strategies and creates unnecessary overheads due to the time taken generating those reports.
If reporting is too time consuming, expensive, or restrictive, then you're reporting the wrong things, or in the wrong way, or to the wrong people. Or all three.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 01:47 PM   #85
Elagabalus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Yes, I'm a cynical bastard, but I have to ask... does he know which war?
I was thinking the same thing.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 02:07 PM   #86
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Quote:
But doesn't she deserve it (at least to some degree)...?
No. (This is weird, dude) She didn't sign up to be sexually harassed even if she was working for Trump.
In the same way that Trump supporters living in coal country suffering from Black Lung disease didn't sign up to have their health care taken away. But that was the end result of voting republican.

In the same way that Trump supporters living near the Mexican border didn't sign up to have their land taken away to build the wall. But that's what's happening.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 02:08 PM   #87
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Yes, I'm a cynical bastard, but I have to ask... does he know which war?
Was it the one where the germans bombed pearl harbor?

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 02:41 PM   #88
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Likely. There was a movie about it.
Old 17th August 2018, 02:45 PM   #89
dudalb
Suspended

And I am sure we will see from interesting tweets when:
A. Bob Woodward's book on the Trump administration "Fear" comes out

I also understand that Michael Moore has a movie called "Fahrenent 11/9" on Donald Trump. I don't have a high opinion of Moore, and think the title is just a bit too cute (Trump was elected on Nov 8) but no doubt it will get a reaction from Donnie.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 02:50 PM   #90
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

The fun will begin when he asks Macron where all the surviving veterans are.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 03:01 PM   #91
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
As much as I despise the man, I must agree on the point. Quarterly reporting is a mess at company level. From my experience at GE, I found it it severely limits long term strategies and creates unnecessary overheads due to the time taken generating those reports.
Yes I am sure there are downsides to quarterly reporting or reporting period. The requirement for them has nothing to do with cost or efficiency , but to protect the public. My ears perk up when it is suggested that we trade away transparency.
Old 17th August 2018, 03:59 PM   #92
Stacyhs
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
The fun will begin when he asks Macron where all the surviving veterans are.
Cadet Bone Spurs will probably take credit for winning the war all by himself. WINNING!!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:08 PM   #93
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
But.... but..... but...... there's a PARADE!!!!

Eta: I very much doubt that France wants him there.
I'm sure they'd rather have Melania stand in for him.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:10 PM   #94
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What a way to show his support for the Vets. Spend Veterans Day on holiday in France.
All I can do is point to what Parker Molloy wrote about it.
Mumbles is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:10 PM   #95
Stacyhs
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
...because she speaks French. Oh, wait...

He'll have Freedom Fries with his McDonald's hamburger on the Champs Elysees. (which, in his heart, he believes was named for him).

Last edited by Stacyhs; 17th August 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:17 PM   #96
dudalb
Suspended

And it is interesting that by leaving for the trip he will not have to deal with the aftermath of what increasingly looks like a disaterous to catastrphic election for the GOP.....
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:22 PM   #97
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And it is interesting that by leaving for the trip he will not have to deal with the aftermath of what increasingly looks like a disaterous to catastrphic election for the GOP.....
Whatchu talkin' about?
All his tweets are screaming "red wave, red wave, red wave" and I know he's not talking about the USSR Russia.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:25 PM   #98
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
They'd rather Qaddafi stand in for him.
Old 17th August 2018, 04:28 PM   #99
Stacyhs
Illuminator

I hope he does go to France. It will be nice to have him out of the country.
Old 17th August 2018, 04:32 PM   #100
Parsman
Muse

Pretty sure it was those Communists from Japan, according to Fox News.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 04:40 PM   #101
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Likely. There was a movie about it.
Yeah. The gallant outnumbered RAF boys beat of the Luftwaffe attack!
Old 17th August 2018, 04:46 PM   #102
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
If only we could keep him there.
Old 17th August 2018, 05:38 PM   #103
Stacyhs
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Nah, France helped us defeat the Brits in the Revolution. They don't deserve that.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:04 PM   #104
Minoosh
Philosopher

Though the poll was in no way scientific, an informal survey conducted by the Military Times showed overwhelming opposition to a parade in Washington, D.C.

Why is Trump making it a point of saying he'll spend Veterans/Armistice Day in France? That strikes such a strange note. I wonder if he'll get any pushback on that. He'll be tweeting about brave American men and women ... from Paris?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:08 PM   #105
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Though the poll was in no way scientific, an informal survey conducted by the Military Times showed overwhelming opposition to a parade in Washington, D.C.

Why is Trump making it a point of saying he'll spend Veterans/Armistice Day in France? That strikes such a strange note. I wonder if he'll get any pushback on that. He'll be tweeting about brave American men and women ... from Paris?
He's going to stop by to recognize our efforts in Normandy on D-Day
Old 17th August 2018, 06:13 PM   #106
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Nah, France helped us defeat the Brits in the Revolution. They don't deserve that.
They could always deport him to Russia. He could claim political asylum.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:15 PM   #107
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
He's going to stop by to recognize our efforts in Normandy on D-Day
Was this a subtle joke?
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:20 PM   #108
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Damn, looks like Omarosa went into the White House still thinking like an evil backstabbing calculating contestant on Survivor or The Apprentice. It's now being reported that she has more than 200 recordings. Seems like she went into the job with intention to document as much dirt as she could.

I have always despised this woman and I am still betting that while she might embarrass people in the White House it seems highly unlikely that there will be anything actually incriminating. But I happen to like that she is making them nervous.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:25 PM   #109
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Was this a subtle joke?
It was a joke. It may pass for subtle in certain circles.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:27 PM   #110
Stacyhs
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Damn, looks like Omarosa went into the White House still thinking like an evil backstabbing calculating contestant on Survivor or The Apprentice. It's now being reported that she has more than 200 recordings. Seems like she went into the job with intention to document as much dirt as she could.

I have always despised this woman and I am still betting that while she might embarrass people in the White House it seems highly unlikely that there will be anything actually incriminating. But I happen to like that she is making them nervous.
I wouldn't bet that she doesn't have anything actually incriminating. The WH bunch is a Ship of Fools.
Between the Mueller investigation and Omarosa, I think they're more than nervous. I think they're going through underwear at a rate never seen before.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:31 PM   #111
Minoosh
Philosopher

Seems like she went into the job with intention to document as much dirt as she could.
To the point that people would agree there was an "n word" tape just to get rid of her.

ETA: She has shown how shockingly bad WH security is.

Last edited by Minoosh; 17th August 2018 at 06:32 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:32 PM   #112
dudalb
Suspended

Normally, I would not trust Omorosa one single inch, but if she can back up what she says with tapes..........that's a different story.

Looks as if it is yet another case of "Hell Hath No Fury LIke A Woman Scorned".
Old 17th August 2018, 06:34 PM   #113
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
It was a joke. It may pass for subtle in certain circles.
Everyone knows that Normandy was a turning point in WWI.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:40 PM   #114
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
Pretty sure it was those Communists from Japan, according to Fox News.
Huh? Communist Japan?

EDIT: OK, looked it up. I didn't think anything dumber than Cuomo's statement would come from that line of discussion, but nope, there it is. All naked and ashamed.

Last edited by tyr_13; 17th August 2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: to add
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:40 PM   #115
Stacyhs
Illuminator

Everyone knows that Normandy was a turning point in WWI.
Trump probably thinks it was the Charge of the Light Brigade.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:46 PM   #116
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
Yeah. The gallant outnumbered RAF boys beat of the Luftwaffe attack!

Nope. I’m pretty sure it was the ‘Muricans that beat the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain. The Brits made tea and cheered the yanks on.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:47 PM   #117
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Trump probably thinks it was the Charge of the Light Brigade.
'The six hundred, fake news was thousands and thousands, horsemen, and people, they were men, but the ladies, the ladies have the power too, but they were men, half a league of them, that's a long of men, in the valley of death, DEATH! they rode. Cannon to the left, cannon to the right, cannon in the center, but they were NOT Russian cannon folks. The Russians told me they were Crime ridden volunteers. It's part of Russia folks. Part of Russia, no Russian troops in Crimea.'
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 06:51 PM   #118
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

To the point that people would agree there was an "n word" tape just to get rid of her.

ETA: She has shown how shockingly bad WH security is.
Is it? So far I've heard 4 recordings and only one with Trump and that was on the phone. It seems as if they want the WH to be totally secure they would have to prohibit cell phones in the White House.

They hired Omarosa, first mistake, they trusted her, second mistake. But in a White House where the President treats trust as a one way street, it seems highly unreasonable to think anyone is trustworthy. I mean, if I think you are going to throw me under the bus at some point I'm going to prepare counter measures.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:53 PM   #119
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Is it? So far I've heard 4 recordings and only one with Trump and that was on the phone. It seems as if they want the WH to be totally secure they would have to prohibit cell phones in the White House.

They hired Omarosa, first mistake, they trusted her, second mistake. But in a White House where the President treats trust as a one way street, it seems highly unreasonable to think anyone is trustworthy. I mean, if I think you are going to throw me under the bus at some point I'm going to prepare counter measures.
I wonder what cell phone she uses, because that audio is very clear. Unless she was literally holding it out while recording people, I suspect she had more equipment than that.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:53 PM   #120
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I wouldn't bet that she doesn't have anything actually incriminating. The WH bunch is a Ship of Fools.
Between the Mueller investigation and Omarosa, I think they're more than nervous. I think they're going through underwear at a rate never seen before.
Hell, I stopped betting on this horror show a long time ago.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics