ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags atheism , China incidents , China issues , christian persecution , gosateizm

Reply
Old 11th September 2018, 11:11 AM   #81
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
And in comparing atheists in general with Chinese communists atheists , you fail, badly.
Fixed that for you!
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:16 AM   #82
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,995
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
well score one for the Atheists then huh?

However, and although I cannot speak for the Muslims and other faiths that the Atheist Chinese State is oppressing, at least some Christians would disagree with your... comment.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew Chapter 5 v. 10-12
Odd isn't it. God is powerless against the Chinese government. Almost as though he/she/it/housecat doesn't exist at all.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:24 AM   #83
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
So in other words, these atheists of yours which you are so very terribly incensed about, are actually doing the work of your god by persecuting those who worship your god.

If this is the case, then you should lionize both the atheists and the theists since both groups are doing the work of your god.

Once again, your logic is truly stunning.
Ohhh, Rule of So, strawmen, followed by an accusation that the logic that was just made up was my logic! Oh man, that is beautiful

St. Aquinas : “To interpret the injunction of the Sermon on the Mount literally is to misunderstand it. This injunction signifies rather the readiness of the soul to bear, if it be necessary, such things and worse without bitterness to the attacker.”

Thus we must resist the evildoers, here the Atheist Chinese.

Further, as noted, I do not speak for all, particularly not the 1 million Muslims living in bondage under the Godless Chinese Regime, Peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon them
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 11th September 2018 at 11:25 AM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:27 AM   #84
applecorped
Rotten to the Core
 
applecorped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 18,324
Everyone needs a boogeyman
__________________
All You Need Is Love.
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:32 AM   #85
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Everyone needs a boogeyman

... even a boogeyman.
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:45 AM   #86
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,001
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Ohhh, Rule of So, strawmen, followed by an accusation that the logic that was just made up was my logic! Oh man, that is beautiful

St. Aquinas : “To interpret the injunction of the Sermon on the Mount literally is to misunderstand it. This injunction signifies rather the readiness of the soul to bear, if it be necessary, such things and worse without bitterness to the attacker.”

Thus we must resist the evildoers, here the Atheist Chinese.

Further, as noted, I do not speak for all, particularly not the 1 million Muslims living in bondage under the Godless Chinese Regime, Peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon them
It does not matter if the terrible logic that you use is is your own logic, or is the logic of someone who lived a thousand years ago, or the logic is some combination of both because all that matters is that the logic you are using is terrible.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:46 AM   #87
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,626
Xi's great!
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:46 AM   #88
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Have been proved that if you are an official of the Communist Party of China you are an atheist.

"Have been proved" that to be a crusader, a Balkan impaler, a "genocider" of Indians or a tall building "collapser" you have to be a theist, the abrahamic kind.
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:46 AM   #89
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,511
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Bingo, that is the type of defense of this atheist policy that I expected from the atheists!
Not only that, you note my name as The Atheist, not just An Atheist.

My avatar even features in Cracked magazine: http://www.cracked.com/article_15759...-agree-on.html

You can therefore use my post as the official response of atheists and atheism to the Chinese pogrom.

Note, I'm not defending the policy so much as promoting it. Destroy religion, burn churches, use christian-conversion therapy.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:49 AM   #90
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
It does not matter if the terrible logic that you use is is your own logic, or is the logic of someone who lived a thousand years ago, or the logic is some combination of both because all that matters is that the logic you are using is terrible.
It ain't my logic, it is the logic you are making up. It is called a strawman.

Say, y'all missed the part about the Muslims again?
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:51 AM   #91
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

Note, I'm not defending the policy so much as promoting it. Destroy religion, burn churches, use christian-conversion therapy.

Didn't you intend to add eunuchize priests to that list but you forgot?
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.

Last edited by aleCcowaN; 11th September 2018 at 11:52 AM.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:55 AM   #92
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
"Have been proved" that to be a crusader, a Balkan impaler, a "genocider" of Indians or a tall building "collapser" you have to be a theist, the abrahamic kind.
Say, super groovy whataboutism. Say TBD leave those pesky Chinese Atheists alone, atheists are having many feels about it.
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 11:59 AM   #93
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Not only that, you note my name as The Atheist, not just An Atheist.

My avatar even features in Cracked magazine: http://www.cracked.com/article_15759...-agree-on.html

You can therefore use my post as the official response of atheists and atheism to the Chinese pogrom.

Note, I'm not defending the policy so much as promoting it. Destroy religion, burn churches, use christian-conversion therapy.
Oh Cracked, very nice!

Now my favorite thing about your avatar is that is anti-religion, and then flashes to "think" which is hilariously ironic, particularity when reading posts like "Note, I'm not defending the policy so much as promoting it. Destroy religion, burn churches, use christian-conversion therapy."

You forgot stick a million Muslims in a camp, which is happening today in China, by atheists.

THINK!
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:00 PM   #94
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,626
"I want to thank publicly President Xi of China, who has done more for us than he's done for any other administration, or than any leader of China has done for any president or administration," Trump said
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:04 PM   #95
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say, super groovy whataboutism. Say TBD leave those pesky Chinese Atheists alone, atheists are having many feels about it.
Conditional yes: only if you like to throw goddy good god out of the centre of your theology and put yourself in its place (We know you want it! we know you want it!)

I, for one, find this thread to be pure entertainment (once abstracted the real facts around what was mentioned in the OP)
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:15 PM   #96
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
Conditional yes: only if you like to throw goddy good god out of the centre of your theology and put yourself in its place (We know you want it! we know you want it!)

I, for one, find this thread to be pure entertainment (once abstracted the real facts around what was mentioned in the OP)
You find a thread about forced conversion, destruction of churches and the internment of 1 million Muslims "pure entertainment."

Well, there you have it folks...

Stories about the repressive actions of a Atheist Totalitarian regime are "pure entertainment."

Fantastic.
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:19 PM   #97
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly
 
The Norseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,964
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
"I want to thank publicly President Xi of China, who has done more for us than he's done for any other administration, or than any leader of China has done for any president or administration," Trump said
Well, which one would you believe, btw? Is this one of those cases of he said/xi said?
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:40 PM   #98
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,001
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It ain't my logic, it is the logic you are making up. It is called a strawman.

Say, y'all missed the part about the Muslims again?
You are wrong again.

There is no strawman involved, instead there is just your feckless god who cannot even protect the people who worship him.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:42 PM   #99
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
You are wrong again.

There is no strawman involved, instead there is just your feckless god who cannot even protect the people who worship him.
well, if you say "so"....

__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:53 PM   #100
Norman Alexander
Master Poster
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,941
There's none so blind as those that will not see...
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:10 PM   #101
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You find a thread about forced conversion, destruction of churches and the internment of 1 million Muslims "pure entertainment."

Well, there you have it folks...

Stories about the repressive actions of a Atheist Totalitarian regime are "pure entertainment."

Fantastic.

No, those, if true, are serious things. But everybody here knows that you are using all of that as an excuse to pontificate, as a vehicle of your hate speech and to be the centre of the party. And I adhere to that party, that's why I am so entertained. By you. You should be flattered.

Maybe in another thread, perhaps in another forum, some people are seriously talking about what is really happening in China. But that place is clearly not here.
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.

Last edited by aleCcowaN; 11th September 2018 at 01:17 PM.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:11 PM   #102
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,001
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
well, if you say "so"....

I am just trying to speak the truth.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:14 PM   #103
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
No, those, if true, are serious things. But everybody here knows that you are using all of that as an excuse to pontificate, as a vehicle of your hate speech and to be the centre of the party. And I adhere to that party, that's why I am so entertained. By you. You should be flattered.

Maybe in another thread, perhaps in another forum, some people is seriously talking about what is really happening in China. But that place is clearly not here.
Calls a thread about massive internment "pure entertainment."

When this is pointed out declares my posts to be "hate speech."

And just when y'all think that atheists' arguments in this thread can't get any worse, huh?

Hoo boy... hate speech.... Damn....
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:15 PM   #104
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
And in comparing atheists in general with Chinese communists, you fail, badly.
This.
What the Chinese Government doing is tyrannical and reprehensible but to say all Athiest support that is silly.
But I am disturbed that a couple of poster here seem to think what the Chinese Government is doing is somehow excusable,using the old "defending China against Cultural imperialism " B.S.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:15 PM   #105
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,626
Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
Well, which one would you believe, btw? Is this one of those cases of he said/xi said?
Well, since they both seem to think Xi is great I would be against both of them. But that's just me.

That, and I couldn't figure out a decent joke with a "That's what Xi said!" punch line.
__________________
I once proposed a fun ban.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:20 PM   #106
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
You should be bitching at your god since your god is so very terrible at protecting his own worshipers.
Which is totally irrevelent to the discussion here....
...
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:21 PM   #107
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
I am just trying to speak the truth.
Which has become a standard excuse for behaving like a jerk.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:23 PM   #108
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
This.
What the Chinese Government doing is tyrannical and reprehensible but to say all Athiest support that is silly.
But I am disturbed that a couple of poster here seem to think what the Chinese Government is doing is somehow excusable,using the old "defending China against Cultural imperialism " B.S.
Who said that?

That being said, I am certain that all who support it are atheist however.
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:32 PM   #109
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,001
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Which is totally irrevelent to the discussion here....
...
On the contrary, it is quite relevant.

After all, 'The Big Dog' often discusses how powerful his god is and yet his god cannot protect his own worshipers from the people he that defines as atheists.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:34 PM   #110
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,001
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Which has become a standard excuse for behaving like a jerk.
That is quite true!

So if you can ever tell me where I have been a jerk, then please point it out.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:36 PM   #111
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
On the contrary, it is quite relevant.

After all, 'The Big Dog' often discusses how powerful his god is and yet his god cannot protect his own worshipers from the people he that defines as atheists.
Hmmm, gotta tell you that flat out sounds like something that is totally made up...

checks thread....

yep
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:38 PM   #112
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Calls a thread about massive internment "pure entertainment."

When this is pointed out declares my posts to be "hate speech."

And just when y'all think that atheists' arguments in this thread can't get any worse, huh?

Hoo boy... hate speech.... Damn....
It's pretty evident this thread is born in you hating atheists and trying to peg them whatever you can, with a pseudo-logic not discernible from "The Son of Sam was white and a killer so all white men are killers".

But this thread is also about you, you, you and you. So I'm providing aid in reaching the 500 post mark so you'll have your needed dose of messages addressed to you. So you should be thankful. Not that your interest in one million Muslims -especially one million Muslims in China- is to be doubted. Or is it?

I think your problem is that I find your threads entertaining, even if you talk about concentration camps. It had nothing to do with their putative topics but with their hardly concealed intention.
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:39 PM   #113
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,025
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
On the contrary, it is quite relevant.

After all, 'The Big Dog' often discusses how powerful his god is and yet his god cannot protect his own worshipers from the people he that defines as atheists.
Big Dog's opinion might be totally silly, but he has a right to them..and to practice them (so wrong as he does not interfere with other people's rights)
without the government harassing him.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:52 PM   #114
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,001
Originally Posted by aleCcowaN View Post
It's pretty evident this thread is born in you hating atheists
I did not figure in a thread about the Official Atheist Government of China suppressing religious and religious beliefs that an atheist would be the first one up on the cross accusing me of hate speech.

criticism = hate speech.

Check.
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:56 PM   #115
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Who said that?

That being said, I am certain that all who support it are atheist however.

"That being said, I am certain that the Son of Sam was white"
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 02:07 PM   #116
aleCcowaN
imperfecto del subjuntivo
 
aleCcowaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stranded at Buenos Aires, a city that, like NYC or Paris, has so little to offer...
Posts: 9,215
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I did not figure in a thread about the Official Atheist Government of China suppressing religious and religious beliefs that an atheist would be the first one up on the cross accusing me of hate speech.

criticism = hate speech.

Check.

[And your entertaining thread goes on an on, everybody getting your number, you denying it]
__________________
Horrible dipsomaniacs and other addicts, be gone and get treated, or covfefe your soul!These fora are full of scientists and specialists. Most of them turn back to pumpkins the second they log out.
I got tired of the actual schizophrenics that are taking hold part of the forum and decided to do something about it.
aleCcowaN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 03:06 PM   #117
sylvan8798
Master Poster
 
sylvan8798's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,730
Quote:
China has an estimated 38 million Protestants, and experts have predicted that the country will have the world’s largest Christian population in a few decades.
I once heard a radio evangelical nutcase say that one of their "hopes" is that the fundamentalist Christian missionaries (i.e. from the US) would convert enough people in China so that they would rise up and establish a fundamentalist Christian theocracy in China, and that China would then invade the US and force a fundamentalist Christian theocracy here. Seems like kind of the long game, but I would not assume that the millions of Protestants in China are some kind of benign entity.
__________________
DoYouEverWonder - Engineers and architects don't have to design steel buildings not to collapse from gravity. They already conquered gravity when they built it.

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 03:16 PM   #118
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,315
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Odd isn't it. God is powerless against the Chinese government. Almost as though he/she/it/housecat doesn't exist at all.
Perhaps they have iron chariots?
__________________
"I know my brain cannot tell me what to think." - Scorpion
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 04:12 PM   #119
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,693
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
As I said above, you are just taking the piss now. Like all conspiracy nutcases, you have your cause set in concrete. Now you are desperately searching for evidence. Anything will do. And Muslims were dancing after 9/11 too.
An interesting possibility, yes? Something to consider...
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 04:22 PM   #120
Norman Alexander
Master Poster
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,941
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Big Dog's opinion might be totally silly, but he has a right to them..and to practice them (so wrong as he does not interfere with other people's rights)
without the government harassing him.
Oh, surely! Everyone has the right to make a complete tit of themselves in public.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.