ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 05:54 AM   #281
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

Judicial Watch
@JudicialWatch

BREAKING: JW announced today that it filed a FOIA lawsuit against the DOJ for records of communications and payments between the FBI & former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele and his private firm, Orbis Business Intelligence

JW President @TomFitton appeared on ďFox and Friends FirstĒ to discuss AG Bill Barrís testimony and Spygate: They know itís spying. This is a joint operation between the DNC, the Clinton campaign, the FBI, and DOJ to target President @realDonaldTrump (link: http://jwatch.us/J67gzV) jwatch.us/J67gzV

JW announced that it uncovered 422 pages of FBI documents showing evidence of ďcover upĒ discussions related to the Clinton email system within Platte River Networks, one of the vendors who managed the Clinton email system.

Judicial Watch announced it received 756 pages of newly uncovered emails that were among the materials former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tried to delete or destroy, several of which were classified.

On "Hannity",
@seanhannity
discussed some key findings from Judicial Watch in regards to the Clinton cover-up: "We are finding out even more devastating information about how the deep state protected Hillary Clinton before turning their forces against @realDonaldTrump ."
Know thyself by the friends you keep...
Quote:
QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate Judicial Watch Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories and a very poor fact check record.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/judicial-watch/
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 06:43 AM   #282
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Another one bites the dust

Energy Secretary, Rick Perry planning to leave Trump administration. The former Texas governor is reportedly finalizing the terms and timing of his departure, two people familiar with his plans told Bloomberg.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 08:32 AM   #283
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Energy Secretary, Rick Perry planning to leave Trump administration. The former Texas governor is reportedly finalizing the terms and timing of his departure, two people familiar with his plans told Bloomberg.
Well, dang, two years invested in explaining what the Department of Energy does, and he up and quits.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 09:03 AM   #284
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Well, dang, two years invested in explaining what the Department of Energy does, and he up and quits.
He finally has figured out that it's not what what he thought it was when he took the job.
Old 18th April 2019, 10:27 AM   #285
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
My bet is on you saying this about any Democrat leading against Trump in the polls.
My bet is you have not seen my previouis posts and don't know how much I despise Trump.
But I am a political realist,and think that Bernie is just to far to the left to win in a general election. Polls this far out are useless, frankly.
But keep on thinking there is massive, hidden hard left vote out there and the Dems don't need no stinking centrists or moderates. You are doing Trump a huge favor.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 11:24 AM   #286
Doubt
Philosopher

He wants to go back to not knowing what department he ran or what it does?
Old 18th April 2019, 11:30 AM   #287
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
He wants to go back to not knowing what department he ran or what it does?
"They kept talking about increasing energy, but no one ever even offered me a low-T test!"
Old 18th April 2019, 12:43 PM   #288
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
My bet is you have not seen my previouis posts and don't know how much I despise Trump.
But I am a political realist,and think that Bernie is just to far to the left to win in a general election. Polls this far out are useless, frankly.
But keep on thinking there is massive, hidden hard left vote out there and the Dems don't need no stinking centrists or moderates. You are doing Trump a huge favor.
We have polls from the last election cycle that say the same thing. And it's not hidden. It's in the polling data.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 12:54 PM   #289
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
We have polls from the last election cycle that say the same thing. And it's not hidden. It's in the polling data.
I get that, but what I don't understand is why "the hard left" would, given a not hard left candidate, opt for the wingnut right candidate, either by direct vote or abstaining, instead of going for someone closer to what they want but "not far enough left"?

So Chairman Mao is not on the ballot. How does that make Trump a better option than Clinton? I mean, if it is REALLY about policies and not about something else, that is (and it's worth noting, "something else" could include something like "not an insider," but then again, it might not)
Old 18th April 2019, 02:02 PM   #290
Parsman
Muse

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Bernie Sanders isn't hard left except in the USA! You people are so mind warped by the GOP and your media that anyone even remotely social democrat is seen as some sort of Commie hard case. Given that I do believe most Americans are smart and decent people I really struggle to understand why in this one area they seem to believe like reactionary zombies.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 02:44 PM   #291
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
Bernie Sanders isn't hard left except in the USA! You people are so mind warped by the GOP and your media that anyone even remotely social democrat is seen as some sort of Commie hard case. Given that I do believe most Americans are smart and decent people I really struggle to understand why in this one area they seem to believe like reactionary zombies.
And that Sanders is not hard left except in the USA means crap in terms of US politics.
And some Americans why so m any Euros buy into the "Free Market and Private Business are EVIL" philosophy.
Me, I believe in a strong safety net but don't want the government to have as big a role in the economy as a whole as they do in a lot of the SOcial Democracirs.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 03:09 PM   #292
SezMe
post-pre-born

Trump talks to himself.

What a freakin' dufus.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 03:58 PM   #293
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Trump talks to himself.

What a freakin' dufus.

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.” President D. Trump; January 2018

Old 18th April 2019, 04:36 PM   #294
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Trump talks to himself.

What a freakin' dufus.
Not only did he display his usual ignorance but also revealed he was lying through his teeth per usual. There is no way he "met with the president of the US Virgin Islands"/ Dufus is too kind a word for this lying moron.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 02:39 AM   #295
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Trump talks to himself.

What a freakin' dufus.
What an utter retard.
Old 19th April 2019, 07:00 AM   #296
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Trump talks to himself.

What a freakin' dufus.
That story is from 2017. I wonder why it resurfaced now.
Old 19th April 2019, 07:05 AM   #297
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I’d love to see the president asked about this small gaffe. An ordinary person would say that it was merely a slip of the tongue and that he meant governor. But President Trump’s pathological need to convince others that he is infallible would, I imagine, produce very strange results.
Old 19th April 2019, 08:20 AM   #298
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Iíd love to see the president asked about this small gaffe. An ordinary person would say that it was merely a slip of the tongue and that he meant governor. But President Trumpís pathological need to convince others that he is infallible would, I imagine, produce very strange results.

And that's why his lawyers were all in a panic over the "perjury trap".
Old 19th April 2019, 08:24 AM   #299
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
And that's why his lawyers were all in a panic over the "perjury trap".
I wonder why Bill Clinton's weren't.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 09:21 AM   #300
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Woah, he's had an unfinished Tweet hanging out there for about four hours right now. He must really be pissed off! Or he finally had that embolism.
Old 19th April 2019, 09:32 AM   #301
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

I’d love to see the president asked about this small gaffe.
I often imagine Trump under a bright light and getting the “third degree”.

INQUISITOR: On such and such a date, you boasted that you had “won the women’s vote”. That is demonstrably not true. Were you intentionally lying, or were you simply mistaken, and in the case of the latter, do you wish now to correct the record?”

Or..

INQUISITOR: On such and such a date, you tweeted that you had a 55% approval rating. That was actually the disapproval number from to poll cited. Were you intentionally lying, or were you simply mistaken, and in the case of the latter, do you wish now to correct the record?”

Or...

INQUISITOR: On such and such a date, you stood on Air Force One and told the American people, through a reporter, that you had no knowledge of payments to Stormy Daniels. We now know that was false. Do you wish now to correct the record?”

And so on, starting with the most egregious first. Ideally before the House or Senate in open session.

If only...

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 19th April 2019 at 09:36 AM.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 09:58 AM   #302
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Woah, he's had an unfinished Tweet hanging out there for about four hours right now. He must really be pissed off! Or he finally had that embolism.
Maybe he doesn't remember he left it hanging.
Old 19th April 2019, 11:03 AM   #303
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Of course, this is the guy who, when needing to hear someone better, puts his hand in front of his ear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump what.jpg (93.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 19th April 2019, 11:21 AM   #304
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Of course, this is the guy who, when needing to hear someone better, puts his hand in front of his ear.
Old 19th April 2019, 11:43 AM   #305
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Oh, don't tease me like that. It's cruel.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 11:57 AM   #306
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Gerard Araud's, France's retiring Ambassador to the U.S., on comparing Obama to Trump:

Quote:
On one side, you had this ultimate bureaucrat, an introvert, basically a bit aloof, a restrained president,” Araud told Foreign Policy. “A bit arrogant also but basically somebody who every night was going to bed with 60-page briefings and the next day they were sent back annotated by the president. And suddenly you have this president who is an extrovert, really a big mouth, who reads basically nothing or nearly nothing, with the interagency process totally broken and decisions taken from the hip basically.
On the WH turnovers:

Quote:
"A lot of offices are still empty,” Araud told Foreign Policy. “It’s amazing—after 55 months, a lot of people are changing overnight. It’s the fourth G-7 [emissary] we’ve had in the White House in two years! So the first problem is we have nobody in the offices or if they are there, they’re going to leave. But on top of that, even if you have somebody in the offices, they don’t know what the president is going to say. And if the president has said something, they don’t know what he means.”
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/04/19...ion-dominance/
Old 19th April 2019, 12:11 PM   #307
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

It's subtler than "LA, LA, LA, I can't hear you!"

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 03:11 PM   #308
Hevneren
Thinker

Trump talks to himself.

What a freakin' dufus.
Dear republican voters, you've made the village idiot president. Are you proud now ?
Hevneren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 03:13 PM   #309
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It's finished and posted
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 04:16 PM   #310
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Hevneren View Post
Dear republican voters, you've made the village idiot president. Are you proud now ?
Iíve met more than a couple who really are proud. What they value in a President is most likely not what you value in a president.

A couple of weeks ago, I met someone who was absolutely convinced that in the past 12 months hundreds of terrorists tried to enter the United States by walking across the Mexican border. Iím not sure how many he believes succeeded, but it is clear that he is absolutely convinced that Donald Trump is the right man for the job. The only man for the job. Things like Tim Apple and the president of the US Virgin Islands arenít even worth mentioning as far as he is concerned.
Old 19th April 2019, 04:34 PM   #311
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Iíve met more than a couple who really are proud. What they value in a President is most likely not what you value in a president.

A couple of weeks ago, I met someone who was absolutely convinced that in the past 12 months hundreds of terrorists tried to enter the United States by walking across the Mexican border. Iím not sure how many he believes succeeded, but it is clear that he is absolutely convinced that Donald Trump is the right man for the job. The only man for the job. Things like Tim Apple and the president of the US Virgin Islands arenít even worth mentioning as far as he is concerned.
You can't fix stupid.
Old 19th April 2019, 05:19 PM   #312
Minoosh
Philosopher

In January Chris Wallace called out Huckabee Sanders for implying that terrorists were trying to get in from the southern border. From The Hill

Quote:
ďWe know that, roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border,Ē she said, before Wallace cut her off.

ďDo you know where those 4,000 people come, where they are captured?Ē Wallace responded. ďAirports Ö the state department says there hasnít been any terrorists found coming across the southern border.Ē
The 4,000 figure was highly suspect anyway, as I believe they were "aliens of interests" in some cases prevented from entering the U.S. It gets confusing because confusion was the point all along.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th April 2019, 05:21 PM   #313
Doubt
Philosopher

Donald Trump supporters have a lot in common with people that think Bjork has talent.
Old 20th April 2019, 01:55 AM   #314
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status...23657764831232

Quote:
An armed pro-Trump militia in New Mexico appears to be detaining migrants at the border and working with Border Patrol agents to coordinate their arrests. ACLU says these are kidnappings by vigilantes:
Article embedded in first tweet, with more information in subsequent tweets.
Old 20th April 2019, 02:40 AM   #315
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

I have it on good authority that Trump can't be help responsible for that.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th April 2019, 06:03 AM   #316
jeremyp
Muse

Iíd love to see the president asked about this small gaffe. An ordinary person would say that it was merely a slip of the tongue and that he meant governor. But President Trumpís pathological need to convince others that he is infallible would, I imagine, produce very strange results.
Apparently the Whitehouse Press Secretary said he met with "countless presidents of the US Virgin Islands", which she later clarified as "a large number".
jeremyp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th April 2019, 06:19 AM   #317
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I look forward to the populist movement to get illegals out of the White House.
Old 20th April 2019, 08:01 AM   #318
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
Apparently the Whitehouse Press Secretary said he met with "countless presidents of the US Virgin Islands", which she later clarified as "a large number".
To be fair, if it was more than ten, that's countless for most of Trump's administration.
Old 20th April 2019, 08:03 AM   #319
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I look forward to the populist movement to get illegals out of the White House.
Old 20th April 2019, 12:08 PM   #320
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

This is a disaster just waiting to happen. How long before one of these self-important, idiot yahoos shoots someone?
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics