ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th September 2019, 05:39 PM   #1
tazanastazio
Thinker

The Infinite! In Search of The Ultimate Truth.

Statement: These are my OWN theories. Some are right, some are wrong, for others it is still unknown or debatable. As time goes by, I'll be researching the subject and make the necessary "purging." This is not a scientific writing based on research! This is the work of a PHILOSOPHER! I find it challenging to conceive an idea and form a theory, before I read about it somewhere or learn about it. To conceive an idea and put my name on it before someone else does, and form a theory that it would be later proven true, that would be a bonus! There is risk to that as it is evident from some colorful responses I sometimes get from aficionados of science and virtuosos! But somehow like this, PHILOSOPHERS grasped with their imaginations GREAT IDEAS, upon which scientists built, and others learned! FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE !

THE INFINITE, IN SEARCH OF THE ULTIMATE TRUTH !

"He contemplated the grandeur, and the presence of God; the eternity of the future, that strange mystery; the eternity of the past, a stranger mystery; all the infinities hidden deep in every direction; and, without trying to comprehend the incomprehensible, he saw it. He did not study God; he was dazzled by Him. He reflected upon the magnificent union of atoms, which give visible forms to Nature, revealing forces by recognizing them, creating individualities in unity, proportions in extension,the innumerable in the infinite, and through light producing beauty. These unions are forming and dissolving continually; from which come life and death." - Victor Hugo; Les Miserables.

The prevalent theory on Cosmology is the latest one by Stephen Hawking. According to this theory
time started to count for our Universe ever since the Big Bang; the Universe is expanding as is evident from the fact that no matter which direction we look from Earth, galaxies are getting further and further away. Depending how fast things move in a given part of space, its given time.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 4. Do not quote material in full that is available elsewhere.

See https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtop...d2898de2d5bab4

Last edited by zooterkin; 18th September 2019 at 11:58 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 07:21 PM   #2
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Now you posted all this same rubbish on the Skeptic Society forum two years ago remember? Not only was it all debunked as nonsense, but you promised to stop spamming it on science and skeptic forums.

Do you remember?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 07:31 PM   #3
8enotto
Graduate Poster

The part you lost me on is when you defined a deity. My issue, not yours.

Isn't that usually the start of a religion? If a rather vague version of one.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 08:40 PM   #4
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Statement:
I got lost right there.

To be edited and elaborated upon as time allows.
I can't wait!
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will

Last edited by shemp; 16th September 2019 at 08:42 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 10:07 PM   #5
curious cat
Thinker

Don't skip on your medication again!
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 10:27 PM   #6
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

Nope.
JesseCuster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 10:54 PM   #7
SusanB-M1
Incurable Optimist

I wonder how many thousand words that was? As a matter of some vague interest - although only to OP poster I imagine!! - I listened to it, while listening only to the start of many of the lines - and what a confused mixture of self-congratulatory ideas it is.

Fortunately, here on IS, we can rely on the fact that there is always someone who knows more about the writer than someone like me!! And the pomposity gets deflated!!
SusanB-M1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 11:13 PM   #8
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by SusanB-M1 View Post
I wonder how many thousand words that was? As a matter of some vague interest - although only to OP poster I imagine!! - I listened to it, while listening only to the start of many of the lines - and what a confused mixture of self-congratulatory ideas it is.

Fortunately, here on IS, we can rely on the fact that there is always someone who knows more about the writer than someone like me!! And the pomposity gets deflated!!
Words: 8,705
Characters: 42, 928
Paragraphs: 61
Sentences: 312

Average sentences per paragraph: 5.3
Average words per sentence: 27.7
Average characters per word: 4.7

Flesch Reading Ease: 49.7
Flesch-Kinkaid Grade Level: 11.5
Passive Sentences: 0.0%

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 12:44 AM   #9
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Now you posted all this same rubbish on the Skeptic Society forum two years ago remember? Not only was it all debunked as nonsense, but you promised to stop spamming it on science and skeptic forums.

Do you remember?
Debunked? You mean someone bothered to read it?
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 09:32 AM   #10
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Debunked? You mean someone bothered to read it?
A team effort, maybe?

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 09:50 AM   #11
SusanB-M1
Incurable Optimist

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Words: 8,705
Characters: 42, 928
Paragraphs: 61
Sentences: 312

Average sentences per paragraph: 5.3
Average words per sentence: 27.7
Average characters per word: 4.7

Flesch Reading Ease: 49.7
Flesch-Kinkaid Grade Level: 11.5
Passive Sentences: 0.0%
Thank you for that!!
SusanB-M1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 10:46 AM   #12
tazanastazio
Thinker

Do you remember?

Still making stuff up mate? How did it work out for you last time?

Could you also provide the link to my thread since I can't post it, having not completed 15 posts yet; also I have added a few crossed t's and dotted i's; it's not easy to edit here through the mobile.

I am not looking forward to a new debate, as our previous debate has achieved its objective; so let's not go at it any further.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 17th September 2019 at 11:31 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 10:47 AM   #13
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

You can tell exactly what kind of thread it is just from the title.
I Am The Scum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 10:56 AM   #14
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Could you also provide the link to my thread since I can't post it, having not completed 15 posts yet; also I have added a few crossed t's and dotted i's; it's not easy to edit here through the mobile.
I feel like if you can't figure out how to post URLs that arent links, you probably aren't ready for this.

Here's an example of something you could post right now, today, that would work as a URL for anyone interested:

example.com

Here's another one:

reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

And another:

forum.cosmoquest.org/forumdisplay.php?17-Against-the-Mainstream

See how that works? Just post your URLs as non-links. We'll figure it out.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 10:58 AM   #15
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
You can tell exactly what kind of thread it is just from the title.
.... and the use of coloured text.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 11:10 AM   #16
wasapi
Philosopher

A drive by? I was hoping it would get interesting. How disappointing.
Old 17th September 2019, 11:48 AM   #17
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I feel like if you can't figure out how to post URLs that arent links, you probably aren't ready for this.

Here's an example of something you could post right now, today, that would work as a URL for anyone interested:

example.com

Here's another one:

reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/

And another:

forum.cosmoquest.org/forumdisplay.php?17-Against-the-Mainstream

See how that works? Just post your URLs as non-links. We'll figure it out.
I get a warning that I can't post a link since I have not posted at least 15 times. When I do I'll add the link to my response. Also the "edit" button does not show under my original post, any ideas? Thank you.
Old 17th September 2019, 11:53 AM   #18
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I get a warning that I can't post a link since I have not posted at least 15 times. When I do I'll add the link to my response. Also the "edit" button does not show under my original post, any ideas? Thank you.
The "Edit" button is only active for a few minutes after you post. Then your post is locked in as it stands.

Do you get a warning if you try to post example.com?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 11:58 AM   #19
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

September must be crazy wall o' text month.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 12:34 PM   #20
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Why do ultimate theories of the universe never include formatting or paragraph breaks?
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 02:08 PM   #21
tazanastazio
Thinker

The "Edit" button is only active for a few minutes after you post. Then your post is locked in as it stands.

Do you get a warning if you try to post example.com?
Thank you again ThePrestige, and for shedding light on th "edit" issue; I guess I'll have to repost the topic in its entirety.

I didn't try the "example.com" cause I don't want to give the impression I'm circumventing the regulations. Is it frowned upon to repost the topic with the changes then, what if you need to correct punctuation or add a few things here and there?

I don't want to take space unevessarily but I want to add:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestion (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Live your life to the fullest, making the best of every situation, avoid hurting anyone's feelings directly or otherwise; if you cannot make a situation better, don't make it worse. In life everything we do will bring outcome/outcomes of various proportions and will affect us and our loved ones to some degree through an action - reaction, ripple effect.

6) Math is dimensional, because our mathematical calculations depend on what amount we assign to a UNIT (stage). Math is the assigned amount of a unit (1), its absence (0) and the Infinite (never absolute unit or absolute absence of it). The Infinite could be symbolized mathematically by a circle (inclusion) with a plus in it; to denote that the Infinite inludes everything (unit denoted by the perpendicular bar of the (+) sing), nothing (denoted by the 0 ofthe circle), and the (+) and (-) signs to denote Negative and Positive (and the aforementioned emerging effects of negativity and positivity to existence).

7) Gravity affects everything within the Infinite."

Thanks again.
Old 17th September 2019, 02:31 PM   #22
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Wow, that's pretty swell, OP. I think it needs to be a bit longer, though.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 02:38 PM   #23
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you again ThePrestige, and for shedding light on th "edit" issue; I guess I'll have to repost the topic in its entirety.

I didn't try the "example.com" cause I don't want to give the impression I'm circumventing the regulations. Is it frowned upon to repost the topic with the changes then, what if you need to correct punctuation or add a few things here and there?

I don't want to take space unevessarily but I want to add:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestion (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Live your life to the fullest, making the best of every situation, avoid hurting anyone's feelings directly or otherwise; if you cannot make a situation better, don't make it worse. In life everything we do will bring outcome/outcomes of various proportions and will affect us and our loved ones to some degree through an action - reaction, ripple effect.

6) Math is dimensional, because our mathematical calculations depend on what amount we assign to a UNIT (stage). Math is the assigned amount of a unit (1), its absence (0) and the Infinite (never absolute unit or absolute absence of it). The Infinite could be symbolized mathematically by a circle (inclusion) with a plus in it; to denote that the Infinite inludes everything (unit denoted by the perpendicular bar of the (+) sing), nothing (denoted by the 0 ofthe circle), and the (+) and (-) signs to denote Negative and Positive (and the aforementioned emerging effects of negativity and positivity to existence).

Thanks again.
It's okay to post URLs.

The forum software will automatically block you from posting actual links, but you can post URLs all you want.

---

Basically, it's the "http://" or "https://" at the front that makes it a link. Omit that, and you can post the rest or the URL no problem, not even against the rules. It won't show up as a link, but you can put it into your browser address bar and it will work.

It's not against the rules. Feel free to post that URL any time.
Old 17th September 2019, 02:47 PM   #24
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Not only copypasta screed but utter garbage. I struggle to find one correct sentence.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 03:20 PM   #25
tazanastazio
Thinker

It's okay to post URLs.

The forum software will automatically block you from posting actual links, but you can post URLs all you want.

---

Basically, it's the "h... or the h..." at the front that makes it a link. Omit that, and you can post the rest or the URL no problem, not even against the rules. It won't show up as a link, but you can put it into your browser address bar and it will work.

It's not against the rules. Feel free to post that URL any time.

Thank you, here it is:

w...skepticforum.c.../viewforum.php?f=30
Old 17th September 2019, 03:25 PM   #26
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Certainly. And here in all its glory:

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewforum.php?f=30
Old 17th September 2019, 03:36 PM   #27
Thor 2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Not only copypasta screed but utter garbage. I struggle to find one correct sentence.

That's a relief, I thought it was just me - not being able to comprehend some really, really, deep ****.
Old 17th September 2019, 05:24 PM   #28
tazanastazio
Thinker

Statement: These are my OWN theories. Some are right, some are wrong, for others it is still unknown or debatable. As time goes by, I'll be researching the subject and make the necessary "purging." This is not a scientific writing based on research! This is the work of a PHILOSOPHER! I find it challenging to conceive an idea and form a theory, before I read about it somewhere or learn about it. To conceive an idea and put my name on it before someone else does, and form a theory that it would be later proven true, that would be a bonus! There is risk to that as it is evident from some colorful responses I sometimes get from aficionados of science and virtuosos! But somehow like this, PHILOSOPHERS grasped with their imaginations GREAT IDEAS, upon which scientists built, and others learned! FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE !

THE INFINITE, IN SEARCH OF THE ULTIMATE TRUTH !

"He contemplated the grandeur, and the presence of God; the eternity of the future, that strange mystery; the eternity of the past, a stranger mystery; all the infinities hidden deep in every direction; and, without trying to comprehend the incomprehensible, he saw it. He did not study God; he was dazzled by Him. He reflected upon the magnificent union of atoms, which give visible forms to Nature, revealing forces by recognizing them, creating individualities in unity, proportions in extension,the innumerable in the infinite, and through light producing beauty. These unions are forming and dissolving continually; from which come life and death." - Victor Hugo; Les Miserables.

The prevalent theory on Cosmology is the latest one by Stephen Hawking. According to this theory
time started to count for our Universe ever since the Big Bang; the Universe is expanding as is evident from the fact that no matter which direction we look from Earth, galaxies are getting further and further away. Depending how fast things move in a given part of space, its given time.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 4. Do not quote material in full that is available elsewhere.

See https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtop...d2898de2d5bab4
Added the following:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestive system (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").

Last edited by zooterkin; 18th September 2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 17th September 2019, 07:10 PM   #29
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Originally Posted by tazanastazio
Very well, thank you. You ran away from the Skeptic Society forum after posting exactly the same nonsense religious crap you just posted here.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio
I am not looking forward to a new debate, as our previous debate has achieved its objective; so let's not go at it any further.
We didn't have debate. You were unable to set out a coherent explanation of what your religious claim actually was. You simply kept posting the words "infinities of infinities".
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 07:14 PM   #30
Thor 2
Philosopher

Added the following:

"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestive system (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks). As for some unknown mechanical affects; the clock of my automobile always gains up to 10 minutes and I have to get it adjusted every time I take it for service (perhaps a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate for interacting forces that slow down the clock with the "passing of time").
Interesting.

- Your clock gains time and yet the interacting forces slow down the clock.

- You have to get the service guys to adjust the clock? Most of us can do this stuff ourselves.

Can't believe I am wasting my time reading this crap.

Last edited by Thor 2; 17th September 2019 at 07:17 PM.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2019, 07:17 PM   #31
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
"Gravity affects everything within the Infinite, even our digestive system (body inversion is good for your bowels and your spinal disks).
With the help of gravity, I fell off the roof in 2012, becoming inverted in the process. It was not good for my spinal disks, which are now held together with titanium rods and screws. The resulting need for heavy doses of opioids was not good for my digestive system either.
Old 17th September 2019, 07:29 PM   #32
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Certainly. And here in all its glory:

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewforum.php?f=30
Tazanastazio, first posted on the Skeptic Society forum in 2009. He was less insane then and was simply spamming religious statements that the Bible is the only truth and he knew god and so forth. He then asked Pyrrho the moderator to delete his account and all his posts. Thus you can't see his early posts but you can see his posts quoted by other forum members.

https://www.skepticforum.com/viewtop...=11128#p152813

He then came back a few years later, asked Pyrrho the moderator to reopen his account, and posted his very insane "infinities of infinities" nonsense post.

He is just a mad person who keeps posting the same gibberish on many forums. He can't write a coherent sentence or make a coherent argument.
Old 18th September 2019, 05:38 AM   #33
Apathia
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Why do ultimate theories of the universe never include formatting or paragraph breaks?
Cause the Ultimate Truth has many more 0s and 1s than this: 00110100 00110010, and it would be incorrect to break the expression up.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 07:46 AM   #34
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
Wow, that's pretty swell, OP. I think it needs to be a bit longer, though.
Agreed. OK as a summary but definitely needs clarification/elaboration on many points.
Old 18th September 2019, 08:57 AM   #35
catsmate
No longer the 1

This drivel was also spammed to The Philosophy Forum, Philosophy Now, Arktos and more.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 08:58 AM   #36
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
September must be crazy wall o' text month.
Yeah, that's odd. Traditionally August was the mainstay of the green ink brigade. Must the changing climate...
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 09:00 AM   #37
catsmate
No longer the 1

Very well, thank you. You ran away from the Skeptic Society forum after posting exactly the same nonsense religious crap you just posted here.

We didn't have debate. You were unable to set out a coherent explanation of what your religious claim actually was. You simply kept posting the words "infinities of infinities".
Yes, hir "Christian Infinitism" didn't last long.
Old 18th September 2019, 10:00 AM   #38
tazanastazio
Thinker

Tazanastazio, first posted on the Skeptic Society forum in 2009. He was less insane then and was simply spamming religious statements that the Bible is the only truth and he knew god and so forth. He then asked Pyrrho the moderator to delete his account and all his posts. Thus you can't see his early posts but you can see his posts quoted by other forum members.

[...a link provided here could not be included due to "15 posts minnimum" site regulation...]

He then came back a few years later, asked Pyrrho the moderator to reopen his account, and posted his very insane "infinities of infinities" nonsense post.

He is just a mad person who keeps posting the same gibberish on many forums. He can't write a coherent sentence or make a coherent argument.

1) There is nothing wrong with improving your theory, stance and viewpoint on a subject. That's the point of discussion, debating, feedback and learning; which you seem to be missing sometimes.

2) I had expected alike as much resistance to my theory from Atheists, Theists and everyone in between. INFINITISM expresses the frame of mind that all perspectives should be considered, for any value borne by theories sprang from all the different outlooks on life. My earlier posts reflected that attitude.

Perhaps you'll make it a purpose of your life to "debunk" INFINITISM, but since you've already stated that the deed has been done already, I wonder if we'll have to wait a lifetime for you to provide a link or other info as to by whom, when and where.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th September 2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 18th September 2019, 10:33 AM   #39
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

2) I had expected alike as much resistance to my theory from Atheists, Theists and everyone in between. INFINITISM SKEPTICISM expresses the frame of mind that all perspectives should be considered, for any value borne by theories sprang from all the different outlooks on life. My earlier posts reflected that attitude.
HTH.
Old 18th September 2019, 11:12 AM   #40
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
Interesting.

- Your clock gains time and yet the interacting forces slow down the clock.

- You have to get the service guys to adjust the clock? Most of us can do this stuff ourselves.

Can't believe I am wasting my time reading this crap.
I usually adjust the aforementioned dashboard clock around Daylight Saving Time change. On a couple of occasions the service person took it upon herself/himself to do it. Perhaps it is a general issue that they had been looking on. As far as clock gaining due to interacting forces, despite of clocks usually loosing time; I think you missed the part where I wrote that it was perhaps "a failed attempt by manufacturer to compensate" for loss in time keeping, as time went by.

The point I was trying to make is that watches and clocks are not a reliable telltale sign that time exists, they are simply human made tools to measure the Sunrise-Sunset-Sunrise period, WE humans have established. As with EVERYTHING within the Infinite, clocks and watches too are affected by gravity. If you doubt this statement, stick your watch/clock out of the window and let go; see if it floats (you can try the same experiment in your bathtub (after filling it with water).

By the way, body inversion is good for circulation as well! I could provide links for all its aforementioned benefits, but as of yet I have not completed the 15 posts required in order to be able to post any links on this site.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th September 2019 at 11:50 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy