ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th October 2019, 06:33 PM   #281
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I have not heard of .... the "God of Gaps" you keep referring to. I'll look for it in the internet
The God of the gaps
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

"The term "God of the gaps" is sometimes used in describing the incremental retreat of religious explanations of physical phenomena in the face of increasingly comprehensive scientific explanations for those phenomena."

If you cannot explain your religious claims using mathematics, logic or science, then you are simply using faith and spamming your faith on our science based, skeptic forum.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2019, 01:47 AM   #282
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
For now I'll say what I have already said in my original post: the Infinite has no gaps.
You know what else it doesn't have?

Evidence for its existence.

Simply respamming yourself adds nothing to this
(So, in fact, 'nothing' does exist. See what I did there? )

All you have is bare, unsupported and frankly repetitive assertion.

For the third time: where in your OP do you provide the evidence you said you had provided?
Old 18th October 2019, 06:13 PM   #283
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
You know what else it doesn't have?

Evidence for its existence.

Simply respamming yourself adds nothing to this
(So, in fact, 'nothing' does exist. See what I did there? )

All you have is bare, unsupported and frankly repetitive assertion.

For the third time: where in your OP do you provide the evidence you said you had provided?
Some of you admit that you simply "don't know." Suppose therefore, that I am right. How do you expect from me to prove it? You would not believe ANY proof whatsoever. Suppose the Infinite itself wanted to make it's presence clear. What kind of evidence would suffice for you? Would you accept a "messenger", a "messiah" who performed extraordinary deeds in front of you? Or would you rationalize such a personality as some alien force with technology much more advanced than our own, who perhaps it had the power to manipulate our brain cell interaction to make a deed appear as a miracle? How would you expect for the Infinite to make such a clear and indisputable manifestation to suffice for you to accept it's "existence?"

Even if you were to pass on to another such existence, still you would doubt the Infinite, by saying that you are simply crossing a pre-stage prior to your death. Which brings to mind, is there such thing as a soul and a consciousness? Regardless if there is such thing as an after life or not; just because everything is finite,it does not mean that there is no Infinite. On the contrary, there cannot be such thing as finite, if there is no such thing as In-finite. It is on YOU who support the contrary, to prove mathematically, scientifically or otherwise; that the contrary to my statement, namely that "there cannot be a finite without the In-finite"; which you support, is the case!

Perhaps there is no such thing as a soul, but the interaction of neural cells, similar to a CPU function, or a Morse code which delivers a message; all powered by induced from conception electrical energy, which causes a heart to beat and pump and circulate blood; with two functionalities, a conscious and a subconscious. Perhaps there is no such a "zip" type of memory cell that could be taken by a functioning entity, as religions would have the faithful and hopeful believe, which would further be induced to an after-life type of existence, which would serve another purpose within the Infinite. All we have is what is left to us from religion, and those "messengers" who have created said religion. Christians believe in the after life, because they believe in Christ; of whom it was said that certain extraordinary happenings took place just to prove that point. If that too was a true fact, what would it take for you to believe in it? There was nothing that would convince you. Nothing whatsoever even if all the philosophers and other personages of antiquity and those of modern times, along with the most prestigious scientists of the near past, walked the Earth again just to preach the point! You would still believe that some alien, technologically advanced force was messing with your mind, in a similar function to dolphins and whales communicating with sonar, from far off distances! Am I wrong?

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th October 2019 at 08:08 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 06:28 PM   #284
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Taz, how many people have understood and agreed with your ideas? On what type of sites?

Why do you insist on spamming here where we see religious gibberish?
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 06:28 PM   #285
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Yes. Let us use objective mathematics. In a set of all possible things (infinite set of everything), that set would include "There is no god" and "There is a god"

Your "infinite of infinities" set simply negates itself and cannot be proof of anything as any conclusion is a non sequitur

Didn't you realise that until now?
The Infinite would include all sets, but the Infinite itself is not a set, it is infinite! There is a god, and there is no god, depending on what attributes you give to the definition of the term "god."

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th October 2019 at 06:48 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 06:42 PM   #286
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Some of you admit that you simply "don't know."
No. Scientists say "We don't know" when it comes to a real world observation that needs an explanation. They then eventually form a falsifiable hypothesis for testing and build upon a scientific frame work.

A scientist does not have to say anything about a fictional story, like your claims about god. How does superman shave if he is stronger than steel? A scientist couldn't care less.

Suppose therefore, that I am right.
No. You have spammed incoherent sentences that are self contradicting that don't actually have anything to do with the real world.

How do you expect from me to prove it?
You haven't written anything that needs proving. You simply spammed a mess of words. You claim time doesn't exist and then pretend you used a formula, you don't even understand, that specifically requires the input of time. You simply contradict yourself.

Am I wrong?
You are not even coherent.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 06:46 PM   #287
tazanastazio
Thinker

You keep contradicting your own words. Yesterday, you claimed you used this formula to prove your "Infinities of infinities" which specifically requires the input of time as a factor. Tell us what the "t" in the formula represents as an input?
The formula is actually 𝑣⃗.*= lim (*𝛥𝑟⃗*./𝛥𝑡.) when 𝛥𝑡.→0. (the extra →0 was a typo). It is available in the internet but it is also stated as an example to function as a good starting basis in the beginning of calculus textbooks. It is found on Rogawski's and Steward calculus, along with the Young and freedman University Physics text book.

I have already stated that the concept of time and velocity (speed as a vector quantity) are just that, concepts that function for humanity to measure movement based on points of reference. They do not actually exist! What exists, as I have already stated, are Change in the fabric of space (particles that comprise the fabric of space and void within the Infinite) due to gravity stretching, shrinking, warping, or otherwise distorting and stretching space and therefore our perception of what reality is; reality is relative to perception. Change, due to gravitational or environmental influencing factors, also affects beings and objects; it's rate does not actually exist, it is just a concept; a means to measure such change!

[color="Navy"]As your religious claim is self contradicting, you should simply say "I made a mistake and will go away and try again another time".
It is not a religious claim, it is a Philosophical concept, you keep on bringing it up! Here is a statement on their difference :

"...philosophy relies on reason, evidence, and experience for its truths; religion depends on faith, authority, grace and revelation for truth..."

https://reasonandmeaning.com/2016/03...-and-religion/

No I did not make a mistake; you claiming that I did so does not consist proof. You keep on running in circles; provide something new, which I haven't answered extensively and repeatedly already; Or do some more research "and try again another time."

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th October 2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 18th October 2019, 06:47 PM   #288
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

The Infinite would include all sets, but the Infinite itself is not a set, it is infinite! There is a god, and there is no god,
The universe is of finite size. Your reworked "god of the gaps" religion doesn't make any sense.

"The total mass of ordinary matter in the universe can be calculated using the critical density and the diameter of the observable universe to be about 1.5 × 1053 kg."
Old 18th October 2019, 06:53 PM   #289
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

The formula is actually ��⃗.*= lim (*����⃗*./����.) when ����.→0 (the extra -> was a typo). It is available in the internet but it is also stated as an example to function as a good starting basis in the beginning of calculus textbooks.
No. The actual formula is specifically for approximating the velocity of a particle at one point on a line. You don't know any mathematics.

You made us all laugh by claiming time doesn't exist and then simultaneously claiming you applied a formula that specifically required the input of time. You simply did not know that, as you never applied or worked through the formula.
Old 18th October 2019, 07:19 PM   #290
tazanastazio
Thinker

The universe is of finite size. Your reworked "god of the gaps" religion doesn't make any sense.
No "God of Gaps," or any cult for that matter.

I did use a symbol to symbolize the concept of the Indinite, philosophically and scientifically; but it is not to be used in any way as a religious icon, or to be worshiped, sang praises to etc. It simply depicts the Infinite; which includes all concepts, sets, or what have you; along with the symbols of a circle (a whole); a "0", which serves as the concept of nothing and the separation of segments to negative (-) and positive (+) mathematically; the symbols (+) and (-), as respective depictions of "positivity" and "negativity", which describe accordingly in these two general terms, the conditions which are experienced by entities with the intellectual capacity to do so; and a line "I", which serves as a depiction of every number "1", "unit", "segment", or "stage" within the Infinite (see avatar picture).

1.jpg

No, There are no such equations in calculus. That's why economics uses statistics and economic formulas to determine saturation points and so on.

Try again
https://towardsdatascience.com/calcu...s-3f3e1b5e5b35

"...Data Scientists use calculus for almost every model, a basic but very excellent example of calculus in Machine Learning is Gradient Descent."

"The total mass of ordinary matter in the universe can be calculated using the critical density and the diameter of the observable universe to be about 1.5 × 1053 kg."
Key word: "observable."

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th October 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:21 PM   #291
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
Taz, how many people have understood and agreed with your ideas? On what type of sites?

Why do you insist on spamming here where we see religious gibberish?
Exactly because if the skeptics at some point realize that my philosophic concept is not "religious gibberish", I will have no point in need to be proven to anyone, anymore! Infinitism would be to the least accepted as such; a philosophic concept or even a philosophy. What would the point be if my philosophy is welcome with open arms by everyone else yet the skeptics not only express doubt on it, but they consider it "religious gibberish?" I am not looking forward to creating a religion, we have plenty of those! As even a grander prospect, I am looking forward to create a philosophy which bridges or cements, gaps and chasms; both social and cognitive! For that grant goal to be achieved, Infinitism should not only be accepted as a legitimate philosophy and an indisputable concept, but as a probable and scientifically undisputed theory.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th October 2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:25 PM   #292
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

I did use a symbol to symbolize the concept of the Indinite
Spelling it correctly would be easier.

A theory has to predict something. Using your "God is infinity" theory, which, you claim has no gaps, please explain the gap between the first shell of an atom for two electrons followed by the second shell for eight electrons?
Old 18th October 2019, 08:29 PM   #293
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Key word: observable.
The universe is observable in all directions as it is a closed universe. It does not matter which way you look, you will will always see back in time to the beginning of the universe (big bang) This is really basic astrophysics.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:33 PM   #294
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Infinitism should not only be accepted as a legitimate philosophy and an indisputable concept, but as a probable and scientifically undisputed theory.
1) It is not a theory as it doesn't predict anything.
2) It is not a scientific hypothesis as it is not falsifiable,
3) It has no mathematical or logical basis
4) It has self conflicting sentences all in the same paragraph.

"Scientific hypothesis, an idea that proposes a tentative explanation about a phenomenon or a narrow set of phenomena observed in the natural world. The two primary features of a scientific hypothesis are falsifiability and testability, which are reflected in an “If…then” statement "
https://www.britannica.com/science/s...fic-hypothesis
Old 18th October 2019, 08:37 PM   #295
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Exactly because if the skeptics at some point realize that my philosophic concept is not "religious gibberish", I will have no point in need to be proven to anyone, anymore! Infinitism would be to the least accepted as such; a philosophic concept or even a philosophy. What would the point be if my philosophy is welcome with open arms by everyone else yet the skeptics not only express doubt on it, but they consider it "religious gibberish?" I am not looking forward to creating a religion, we have plenty of those! As even a grander prospect, I am looking forward to create a philosophy which bridges or cements, gaps and chasms; both social and cognitive! For that grant goal to be achieved, Infinitism should not only be accepted as a legitimate philosophy and an indisputable concept, but as a probable and scientifically undisputed theory.
As for symbology, I actually prefer ∞ to yours as being much more elegant. Sorry!

Also, as far as I can discern, it seems to me that Taoism has you beat by a few thousand years; not just for clarity, but for usefulness as well.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:45 PM   #296
tazanastazio
Thinker

Spelling it correctly would be easier.

A theory has to predict something. Using your "God is infinity" theory, which, you claim has no gaps, please explain the gap between the first shell of an atom for two electrons followed by the second shell for eight electrons?
Cells and zones are also comprised of particles, as is everything in between, only smaller; which explains the bonds in between the subatomic particles. I think that if you keep breaking apart particles to an infinitely incalculable point ,you would have ultimately broken apart matter and turned it to energy. How far into the infinite do you expect me to see with my finite mind; when science has not actually even seen anything smaller than an atom, using the most powerful electron microscopes?
Old 18th October 2019, 08:55 PM   #297
tazanastazio
Thinker

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
As for symbology, I actually prefer ∞ to yours as being much more elegant. Sorry!

Also, as far as I can discern, it seems to me that Taoism has you beat by a few thousand years; not just for clarity, but for usefulness as well.

"The Tao is infinite, eternal.
Why is it eternal?
It was never born;
thus it can never die.
Why is it infinite?
It has no desires for itself;
thus it is present for all beings."

Lao Tzu

Infinitism takes in consideration all principles and viewpoints; example modern scientific ideas, such as relativity and evolution; along with more modern to Taoism religious and philosophic concepts. Perhaps if Taoism had emerged "a few thousand years" later it would have been called "Infinitism."

Last edited by tazanastazio; 18th October 2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old 18th October 2019, 09:24 PM   #298
8enotto
Graduate Poster

It is religious gibberish. You have posted it at least four times yourself. God is the infinite, if I recall correctly.

Invoking a god is religion.

Last edited by 8enotto; 18th October 2019 at 09:57 PM.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 09:43 PM   #299
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Cells and zones are also comprised of particles, as is everything in between, only smaller
No. That is obviously complete crap. How can a photon travel through crystalline structures like glass unless there were gaps between the atoms.

Are you saying you never thought that far? That's hilarious

Name one thing your "God is infinity" religion, with endless smaller balls upon balls actually predicts.......one thing.....
Old 18th October 2019, 09:49 PM   #300
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

I think that if you keep breaking apart particles to an infinitely incalculable point .....
For the 100th time. We keep telling you and you keep forgetting on purpose....what is Planck's constant. Is it endlessly smaller little balls bouncing against each other, as your religion claims?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_constant

Tell us how your "God is infinity" religion explains a rainbow?
Old 18th October 2019, 10:35 PM   #301
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

"The Infinite has no gaps.
Why does water ice float on liquid water?

Science proves that water freezes into a crystalline structure, increasing the gaps between H2O molecule nuclei. Therefore it is less dense than liquid water.

Your "god is infinity" religion claims there are no gaps anywhere and therefore should be neutral in buoyancy as the same amount of H2O molecules.

Therefore your "God is infinity" religion is completely flawed and makes no sense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Water.jpg (60.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 19th October 2019, 05:20 AM   #302
tazanastazio
Thinker

Why does water ice float on liquid water?
The Hydrogen and the Oxygen molecules change structure due to the lower temperature; still we don't know what happens to the subatomic level between the "gaps," since we cannot see anything smaller than an atom even with the best electron microscopes. We just simply say, ice is less denser than water; but we cannot say what fills the newly emerging "gaps"; which is smaller particles and energy.

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard;12861077[COLOR="navy"
Science proves that water freezes into a crystalline structure, increasing the gaps between H2O molecule nuclei. Therefore it is less dense than liquid water. [/color]
Your "god is infinity" religion claims there are no gaps anywhere and therefore should be neutral in buoyancy as the same amount of H2O molecules.
So molecules of Hydrogen and Oxygen reform their structure according to temperature, how does that prove anything if it does not show what happens to a lower than the atom level, as in between the gaps that hydrogen and Oxygen form; since we cannot see with the best of the electron microscopes available, anything smaller than an atom? The newly emerging "gaps" of the ice structure are simply bigger chambers for the smaller particles and energy to fill, in contrast to the "gaps" of the water which are simply smaller chambers filled by smaller particles and energy.

Therefore your "God is infinity" religion is completely flawed and makes no sense.
It is not a religion, it is a philosophy; perhaps it does not make sense to you, that doesn't make it flawed.

No. That is obviously complete crap. How can a photon travel through crystalline structures like glass unless there were gaps between the atoms.

Are you saying you never thought that far? That's hilarious
Last time you went swimming, did you have to go through the gaps in the water to move? Think of it as smaller particles within the gaps of bigger particles, infinitely smaller as far as we can calculate, and energy in between. The Infinite has no gaps; you cannot simply have an absolute, utter nothing.

For the 100th time. We keep telling you and you keep forgetting on purpose....what is Planck's constant. Is it endlessly smaller little balls bouncing against each other, as your religion claims?
No the smaller balls and the energy in between simply get out of the photon's way.

Just like with a prism, the passing of the photons is delayed by the molecules of a cloud which is denser than air, each of the photons energy level/frequency is then split to the frequency corresponding to the various colors in the spectrum. Again that doesn't mean that the "gaps" of the less dense air are not filled with particles and energy.

Name one thing your "God is infinity" religion, with endless smaller balls upon balls actually predicts.......one thing.....
The purpose of Infinitism is not to "predict" anything, neither to explain everything; one of the goals of Infinitism is to provide more satisfactory explanations on some phenomena; such as what causes the bonds between subatomic particles, or what comprises a magnetic field, or how does light reach our eyes and sound our ears; as opposed to theories that support the notion that everything formed from "nothing", found itself in "nothing" and is interacting through "nothing."

From the original:

"If "nothing" did exist, if even infinitely minute space of nothing truly existed, there would be no Infinite; since there would be limits/borders within it. Which means that the only seemingly infinite, had beginnings and endings. Yet existence, or particles and objects forming everything within the Infinite cannot form/evolve out of nothing. Therefore, nothing cannot exist at all and definitely cannot extend beyond the Infinite, for the Infinite to exist, and for everything else to exist within the Infinite. Yet, if "nothing" does not exists, what then explains space for fluidity within the Infinite? Could there be an Infinite Nothing within an Infinite Everything, how could that be possible when the existence of the one, would nullify the existence of the other? Surely there always has to be something for something else to form from, and there always has to be something for something else to be de-formed ( destroyed, be disposed of) into."

Last edited by tazanastazio; 19th October 2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old 19th October 2019, 06:12 AM   #303
tazanastazio
Thinker

Now, on your part, perhaps you can explain why photons travel in a wavy manner; as opposed through the closest route between two points, namely a straight line

Last edited by tazanastazio; 19th October 2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 19th October 2019, 09:18 AM   #304
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

"The Tao is infinite, eternal.
Why is it eternal?
It was never born;
thus it can never die.
Why is it infinite?
It has no desires for itself;
thus it is present for all beings."

Lao Tzu
Yes, exactly. Much better, cleaner, and accessible than your stuff.

Quote:
Infinitism takes in consideration all principles and viewpoints; example modern scientific ideas, such as relativity and evolution; along with more modern to Taoism religious and philosophic concepts.
So does Taoism but better than what you've come up with mainly because they didn't think to apply a veneer of scientism to their concepts as you're attempting to do by feverishly throwing everything you can imagine into your stew of ideas, apparently thinking that it'd make it even grander than everything which came before. Such as....

Quote:
Perhaps if Taoism had emerged "a few thousand years" later it would have been called "Infinitism."
lol

Nah brah. Lao Tzu et al were eons ahead of where you're at. First, you have to be coherent. Let's start with those baby steps!
Old 19th October 2019, 05:54 PM   #305
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

tazanastazio can't explain ice
The Hydrogen and the Oxygen molecules change structure due to the lower temperature; still we don't know what happens to the subatomic level between the "gaps,"
Photons can travel between the molecules. That's why ice is clear. You really didn't think that through?

Your "God is Infinity" religion claims that there are no gaps anywhere. Yet you can see photons going through the gaps of ice and you know the gaps increase when H2O freezes into an expanded crystalline structure

It is not a religion, it is a philosophy; perhaps it does not make sense to you, that doesn't make it flawed.
Your "God of infinity" religion is complete religious nonsense which doesn't even match the real world. I just showed you evidence of gaps, so you are simply in denial.

tazanastazio can't explain rainbows
Originally Posted by tazanastazio 2 days ago
There are no gaps
Just like with a prism, the passing of the photons is delayed .....
I tricked you again. You just agreed that photons pass through gaps......meaning there real universe has gaps and your "God of Infinities" religion, which claims there is no such thing as gaps.....is complete rubbish.

I suggest you go away and try write a coherent religion that doesn't contradict itself next time.
Old 19th October 2019, 06:00 PM   #306
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

explain why photons travel in a wavy manner; as opposed through the closest route between two points, namely a straight line.
Electromagnetic frequencies defined by the electron emitting the photon. That's why you see photons at 405–480 THz frequency as "red".

A photon is a quantum package and not a little ball. You did at least, know that.... right?
Old 19th October 2019, 06:16 PM   #307
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Originally Posted by tazanastazio, two days ago
Infinitism should not only be accepted as a legitimate philosophy but as a..scientifically undisputed theory.
A scientific theory makes predictions.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio, today
The purpose of Infinitism is not to "predict" anything, neither to explain everything;
You changed your mind again and admit your "God of infinities" religion can't predict or explain anything.

Go away and try write a coherent religion next time.
Old 19th October 2019, 07:34 PM   #308
tazanastazio
Thinker

[B]tazanastazio can't explain ice[/b]
Photons can travel between the molecules. That's why ice is clear. You really didn't think that through?

Your "God is Infinity" religion claims that there are no gaps anywhere. Yet you can see photons going through the gaps of ice and you know the gaps increase when H2O freezes into an expanded crystalline structure

Your "God of infinity" religion is complete religious nonsense which doesn't even match the real world. I just showed you evidence of gaps, so you are simply in denial.

tazanastazio can't explain rainbows
I tricked you again. You just agreed that photons pass through gaps......meaning there real universe has gaps and your "God of Infinities" religion, which claims there is no such thing as gaps.....is complete rubbish.

I suggest you go away and try write a coherent religion that doesn't contradict itself next time.
No contradiction whatsoever! You just tricked yourself in thinking that you tricked me, or you just repeat it to make it be believed; like with the "religion" mantra, when I have stated so many times that Infinitism is a philosophy not a religion, and I have provided a link that depicts clearly the difference between the two.

The are no gaps since whatever space is not occupied, is energy, or is occupied by smaller particles on which the photons simply crush, pushing them out of the way and make their way through or around them as they follow their wavy path (passed along or generated by particles; particles perhaps of a particular size depending on the energy level left on the quantum particles/photons, which is seen as a wave of a particular frequency and amplitude.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 19th October 2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 19th October 2019, 07:59 PM   #309
tazanastazio
Thinker

Electromagnetic frequencies defined by the electron emitting the photon. That's why you see photons at 405–480 THz frequency as "red".

A photon is a quantum package and not a little ball. You did at least, know that.... right?
Actually I tricked you here, you just stated that the movement of photons (or the quantum particles/"smaller particles" that comprise the photons) is not happening because the photons move on their own; photons are instead emitted from particle to particle or transferred from particle to particle; which explains the wavy motion. It is possible that particular particles are involved in transferring photons of the particular energy left. Perhaps quantum packages minus a few particles means a particular energy level which is seen as a particular color of the spectrum; also perhaps quantum packages of particular energy level/photons of particular energy level, are transferred by particular particles which is in turn seen as a wave of particular frequency or amplitude; which explains the prism/rainbow effect.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 19th October 2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 19th October 2019, 08:15 PM   #310
tazanastazio
Thinker

A scientific theory makes predictions.

You changed your mind again and admit your "God of infinities" religion can't predict or explain anything.

Go away and try write a coherent religion next time.

"Predictions" are for "seers."

Read again:

The purpose of Infinitism is not to "predict" anything, neither to explain everything; one of the goals of Infinitism is to provide more satisfactory explanations on some phenomena; such as what causes the bonds between subatomic particles, or what comprises a magnetic field, or how does light reach our eyes and sound our ears; as opposed to theories that support the notion that everything formed from "nothing", found itself in "nothing" and is interacting through "nothing."

But if you insist, here is a prediction: The Infinite whih always was, and is; will always be, and manifest itself in infinite ways.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 19th October 2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old 19th October 2019, 08:36 PM   #311
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

No contradiction whatsoever!
No. You directly claimed there are no such thing as "gaps" in your "God is infinity" religion and simultaneously agree there are gaps to allow photons to pass through.

You shot your own "God is Infinity" religion down as a load of hilarious contradictions
Old 19th October 2019, 08:42 PM   #312
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

.....photons are instead emitted from particle to particle or transferred from particle to particle; which explains the wavy motion.
No, That is just hilarious and insane. How does a proton, for example "transfer" a photon? A photon is a quantum package emitted when an electron returns to a lower energy orbit.

It is not a little ball bouncing off all particles in a "wavy" manner, as you claim

You don't actually know what a photon is do you?
Old 19th October 2019, 08:54 PM   #313
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Read again
I am. That's why I am laughing at you.

Two days ago you claimed your "God of Infinities" religion was a scientific theory. When I pointed out scientific theories have to predict things, you immediately backed down and claimed it was "philosophy". Today you are back to your insane claim it science theory.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio;two days ago
... should not only be accepted as a legitimate philosophy but as a..scientifically undisputed theory.
Originally Posted by tazanastazio;one day ago
The purpose of Infinitism is not to "predict" anything, neither to explain everything
Originally Posted by tazanastazio;today
one of the goals of Infinitism is to provide more satisfactory explanations on some phenomena; such as what causes the bonds between subatomic particles, or what comprises a magnetic field.

See. Your silly contradicting "God of Infinities" religion cannot predict anything and is simply a mess of incoherent sentences.You claimed there were no such thing as gaps but cant explain why ice floats. You still claim photons are little bouncing balls that have wavy paths from bouncing on things
Old 19th October 2019, 09:04 PM   #314
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

......whatever space is not occupied, is energy, or is occupied by smaller particles on which the photons simply crush, pushing them out of the way and make their way through or around them as they follow their wavy path
Can you name some of these "particles" that photons "crush" or "push out of their way" on their "wavy path"?

(I say it again : You really don't have a clue what a photon is do you? )
Old 19th October 2019, 10:15 PM   #315
tazanastazio
Thinker

Can you name some of these "particles" that photons "crush" or "push out of their way" on their "wavy path"?

(I say it again : You really don't have a clue what a photon is do you? )
It is a hypothesis really, think about it; photon/energy is absorbed by a particle, inducing an electron jump generating a new photon/energy; which is absorbed by another particle, and so on.

Or,

photons are passed on from particle to particle.

Via this wavy motion photons make their way through space and gaps between particles. The space between particles is occupied by smaller particles which are not cemented/glued together, but are fluid (think of air and water). Beyond the infinite minute level (as far as we can calculate) we get from matter to energy; this is what comprises the fabric of space, the "void" and the Infinite. It is not solid, it is fluid. This is not a hard to discern concept, really; not as hard as an absolute "nothing" from which everything else has sprang, or through which everything else interacts, anyway.

This concept also, makes more sense than photons/"packets" of electromagnetic energy traveling the vast distances of space on their own.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 19th October 2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 19th October 2019, 11:06 PM   #316
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

It is a hypothesis really
No. You don't know what a photon is and you don't know any of the experiments confirming the nature of photons.

No. That is hilarious. Photons are not little balls passed from particle to particle.

What do you think the mass of a photon wave packet is?

Via this wavy motion photons make their way through space and gaps between particles.
You previously claimed there were no gaps. So you now debunk your own claim.

The space between particles is occupied by smaller particles which are not cemented/glued together,
Name one of these magic particles and your evidence for these magic unknown particles.

This concept also, makes more sense than photons/"packets" of electromagnetic energy traveling the vast distances of space on their own.
You seem totally unaware photons have travelled 5 billion years, from suns, through the vacuum of space to be seen on earth? You did at least know that right?
Old 19th October 2019, 11:10 PM   #317
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Explain the photon double split experiment using your "God is infinities" religion and your bouncing photons being passed back and forth.

Your explanation will be hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
Old 20th October 2019, 01:40 AM   #318
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Some of you admit that you simply "don't know." Suppose therefore, that I am right. How do you expect from me to prove it? You would not believe ANY proof whatsoever. Suppose the Infinite itself wanted to make it's presence clear. What kind of evidence would suffice for you? Would you accept a "messenger", a "messiah" who performed extraordinary deeds in front of you? Or would you rationalize such a personality as some alien force with technology much more advanced than our own, who perhaps it had the power to manipulate our brain cell interaction to make a deed appear as a miracle? How would you expect for the Infinite to make such a clear and indisputable manifestation to suffice for you to accept it's "existence?"

Even if you were to pass on to another such existence, still you would doubt the Infinite, by saying that you are simply crossing a pre-stage prior to your death. Which brings to mind, is there such thing as a soul and a consciousness? Regardless if there is such thing as an after life or not; just because everything is finite,it does not mean that there is no Infinite. On the contrary, there cannot be such thing as finite, if there is no such thing as In-finite. It is on YOU who support the contrary, to prove mathematically, scientifically or otherwise; that the contrary to my statement, namely that "there cannot be a finite without the In-finite"; which you support, is the case!

Perhaps there is no such thing as a soul, but the interaction of neural cells, similar to a CPU function, or a Morse code which delivers a message; all powered by induced from conception electrical energy, which causes a heart to beat and pump and circulate blood; with two functionalities, a conscious and a subconscious. Perhaps there is no such a "zip" type of memory cell that could be taken by a functioning entity, as religions would have the faithful and hopeful believe, which would further be induced to an after-life type of existence, which would serve another purpose within the Infinite. All we have is what is left to us from religion, and those "messengers" who have created said religion. Christians believe in the after life, because they believe in Christ; of whom it was said that certain extraordinary happenings took place just to prove that point. If that too was a true fact, what would it take for you to believe in it? There was nothing that would convince you. Nothing whatsoever even if all the philosophers and other personages of antiquity and those of modern times, along with the most prestigious scientists of the near past, walked the Earth again just to preach the point! You would still believe that some alien, technologically advanced force was messing with your mind, in a similar function to dolphins and whales communicating with sonar, from far off distances! Am I wrong?
To state that I am unable or unwilling to be convinced by any kind of evidence is a determination you should make after you have presented some evidence, not before.
I also decline your attempt to shift the burden of proof. You have posited the existence of something you call "the Infinite": it is for you to show that this is in fact the case.
Old 20th October 2019, 01:54 AM   #319
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

The Hydrogen and the Oxygen molecules change structure due to the lower temperature; still we don't know what happens to the subatomic level between the "gaps," since we cannot see anything smaller than an atom even with the best electron microscopes.
You say that no-one knows what happens at a sub-atomic level.....

We just simply say, ice is less denser than water; but we cannot say what fills the newly emerging "gaps"; which is smaller particles and energy.
...and then go on to say that you actually do know what happens between the gaps, which is that they get filled by 'smaller particles and energy'.

How do you know this? Some might point to this as another obvious contradiction in your thinking.

Then, you go on to say that, not only do you know what happens to something no-one can see, you also know how it happens:

No the smaller balls and the energy in between simply get out of the photon's way.
You do the same thing again here:

The are no gaps since whatever space is not occupied, is energy, or is occupied by smaller particles on which the photons simply crush, pushing them out of the way and make their way through or around them as they follow their wavy path (passed along or generated by particles; particles perhaps of a particular size depending on the energy level left on the quantum particles/photons, which is seen as a wave of a particular frequency and amplitude.
How do you know this?
Old 20th October 2019, 02:36 AM   #320
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
How do you know this?
Please directly answer Cosmic Yak's question.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy