ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st November 2019, 06:27 PM   #1
Gaetan
Illuminator

Money/inequalities - Part 3

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Human is the only animal to build cars. Thankfully, that industry, like others, is driven by money.

Human is also the only animal to find it necessary to invent gods. To our shame.
Brains is not something that was given to human by money.

Mod InfoContinued from here.
Posted By:zooterkin

Last edited by zooterkin; 22nd November 2019 at 03:06 AM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 06:31 PM   #2
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Brains have been taken away by religion.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 07:05 PM   #3
Gaetan
Illuminator

Brains have been taken away by religion.
What reproach do you make Jesus Christ?

John 10.31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 07:26 PM   #4
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

What reproach do you make money? Look at all the good that money has done and all the evil that religion has done.

Are you mad that money allowed Henry Ford to mass produce automobiles? That it allows people to build hospitals? That it provides counseling to all those children abused by religious?

Last edited by RoboTimbo; 21st November 2019 at 07:29 PM.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 07:51 PM   #5
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

All religious beliefs are wrong because they're all based on fictional entities. It still makes people do bad things in the name of their religion.

Are you mad at money because it helps those children who are abused by religious?
Old 21st November 2019, 09:54 PM   #6
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

What reproach do you make Jesus Christ?

John 10.31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”
No reproach is necessary for an imaginary being. Imaginary beings are useless. Your magic book is useless.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2019, 09:27 PM   #7
Joecool
Master Poster

Gaetan, we already know what no money societies are like. They are typically primitive and struggle to exist. Why do you want that?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2019, 08:55 AM   #8
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Gaetan, we already know what no money societies are like. They are typically primitive and struggle to exist. Why do you want that?
We use money or troc since at least 6000 years you couldn't say there would be no advance if we wouldn't use money but the opposite because money is a stop to advance because if we want to do something in a world of money, we need investment while in a world of no money we don't. Beside that when a guy discover technic he put a patent so no one else could use it because of money interest and it is a stop to progress.

Did you see the stupid ass hole of Bloomberg, the billionneer who wants to be president. What is he going to do? steal more the 99% for rich interests.

Last edited by Gaetan; 25th November 2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 25th November 2019, 09:06 AM   #9
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

We use money or troc since at least 6000 years you couldn't say there would be no advance if we wouldn't use money but the opposite because money is a stop to advance because if we want to do something in a world of money, we need investment while in a world of no money we don't. Beside that when a guy discover technic he put a patent so no one else could use it because of money interest and it is a stop to progress.
Just the opposite is true, as is so often the case whenever you claim something. You never did answer if you were mad that Henry Ford applied mass production to making cars with money. Are you mad about all the psychological help that money can buy for those poor children abused by religious?

Quote:
Did you see the stupid ass hole of Bloomberg, the billionneer who wants to be president. What is he going to do? steal more the 99% for rich interests.
Is making up your own facts a feature of religion that you're proud of?

Why don't you have a concern for the child abuse at the hands of religious?
Old 26th November 2019, 12:00 AM   #10
Joecool
Master Poster

Gaetan, thousands of years ago we had no money and people lived in caves and struggled to live. Now in modern society, we live in comfort and safety. Why would you want to live in a cave with no microwave oven or other conveniences that money helped to provide? You seriously want to slaughter an animal to eat and have to build and maintain your own primitive structure with no electricity?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 12:28 AM   #11
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Gaetan, thousands of years ago we had no money and people lived in caves and struggled to live. Now in modern society, we live in comfort and safety. Why would you want to live in a cave with no microwave oven or other conveniences that money helped to provide? You seriously want to slaughter an animal to eat and have to build and maintain your own primitive structure with no electricity?
But that is not Gaetan's proposal. Gaetan thinks that some ad-hoc committee would form and build you a mansion out of nothing for free, using materials they haven't got, while allowing their own families to starve.

He supports this with non sequiturs. Such as we elected Trump. It matters not that Trump is not everyone's president, or that many of us are not American and had no hand act or part in it. Somehow, Gaetan thinks Trump is the leader of my nation. Because.....WTF???

It's difficult to figure out, but it appears Gaetan thinks that the only other nation that exists beyond his own is Trumps America.

That might seem an odd position to take, but it appears to be his.

It is ironic that decades ago he might have had a point. American hegemony was a thing back then. These days, American irrelevancy is a thing.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 02:41 AM   #12
Gaetan
Illuminator

If people would have live thousand of years ago with money it would be a lot worse, and if it would be possible kings would have done it.
Old 26th November 2019, 06:21 AM   #13
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

If people would have live thousand of years ago with money it would be a lot worse, and if it would be possible kings would have done it.
I'd like to see the data on this. Obviously, your religious word is of no value since you have been caught so many times just making crap up.
Old 26th November 2019, 02:53 PM   #14
Gaetan
Illuminator

I'd like to see the data on this. Obviously, your religious word is of no value since you have been caught so many times just making crap up.
According to your religious belief that made up yourself, your culture and who you are, Trump was chosen by God but your god is Satan, then Trump was chosen by Satan., as a matter of fact, he has a good hand from the evangelist, then the god of the evangelist is also Satan. The god of churches in US and also everywhere in the world is also Satan.

Last edited by Gaetan; 26th November 2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 26th November 2019, 03:50 PM   #15
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

According to your religious belief that made up yourself, your culture and who you are, Trump was chosen by God but your god is Satan, then Trump was chosen by Satan., as a matter of fact, he has a good hand from the evangelist, then the god of the evangelist is also Satan. The god of churches in US and also everywhere in the world is also Satan.
Insane religious rambling isn't the data you were asked to provide. Either provide it or we can assume that you were just religiously making crap up. Again.
Old 26th November 2019, 04:45 PM   #16
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

No just stop with the insanity peppers.

I have no religion. Trump was chosen by no god. I cast no vote for him because I am not an american citizen. Satan is not real. Evangelists are nukking futs. I do not care about churches in the US those are not in my country but thousands of miles away. And you simply claim that all other countries but yours are of satan, who is also imaginary.

Come off it Gaetan. You are simply hurling imaginary baloney with no evidence whatsoever.

You could, of course, start by demonstrating that some god exists. But you won't. Because you know that you cannot.

Your claims are becoming increasingly more bizarre, and you have yet to support the first one. Let alone the latest one's.

Old 27th November 2019, 02:21 AM   #17
Gaetan
Illuminator

Insane religious rambling isn't the data you were asked to provide. Either provide it or we can assume that you were just religiously making crap up. Again.
Exactly, Satan is your god.
Old 27th November 2019, 02:22 AM   #18
Gaetan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No just stop with the insanity peppers.

I have no religion. Trump was chosen by no god. I cast no vote for him because I am not an american citizen. Satan is not real. Evangelists are nukking futs. I do not care about churches in the US those are not in my country but thousands of miles away. And you simply claim that all other countries but yours are of satan, who is also imaginary.

Come off it Gaetan. You are simply hurling imaginary baloney with no evidence whatsoever.

You could, of course, start by demonstrating that some god exists. But you won't. Because you know that you cannot.

Your claims are becoming increasingly more bizarre, and you have yet to support the first one. Let alone the latest one's.
You too
Old 27th November 2019, 03:51 AM   #19
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You too
That is a response from the schoolyard. Grow a pair.

Old 27th November 2019, 06:12 AM   #20
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Exactly, Satan is your god.
I accept your total capitulation. Now that you have acknowledged that you religiously make crap up, where do you go from here?

Will you finally care about the children who are abused by the religious?
Old 27th November 2019, 03:46 PM   #21
Gaetan
Illuminator

I accept your total capitulation. Now that you have acknowledged that you religiously make crap up, where do you go from here?

Will you finally care about the children who are abused by the religious?
That's the religion who made who you are and you are a disciple of Satan, that's why you love money so much.
Old 27th November 2019, 03:48 PM   #22
Gaetan
Illuminator

That is a response from the schoolyard. Grow a pair.
You guy too.
Old 27th November 2019, 03:59 PM   #23
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

That's the religion who made who you are and you are a disciple of Satan, that's why you love money so much.
Even you know you've lost now. It's terrible what weird religion does to a person's brain.
Old 27th November 2019, 07:05 PM   #24
Gaetan
Illuminator

Even you know you've lost now. It's terrible what weird religion does to a person's brain.
What you said applies to you not to me
Old 27th November 2019, 07:20 PM   #25
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

What are your thoughts on this database of religious sexual abuse?

http://www.bishop-accountability.org...astName-C.html
Old 28th November 2019, 09:22 PM   #26
Joecool
Master Poster

The fact of the matter is we live in a society that uses money. No matter how much you whine and cry, we will continue to use money unless a better system comes along.

What you suggest is not better, which is why YOU continue to use money yourself.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:13 PM   #27
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You don't believe in jesus? The bible?

Well stop citing him/it then. It's useless.

Old 30th November 2019, 02:39 AM   #28
Gaetan
Illuminator

You don't believe in jesus? The bible?

Well stop citing him/it then. It's useless.
I believe in the teaching of Jésus Christ but off course i disregard what is opposite to it and money is opposite to his teaching.
Old 30th November 2019, 03:39 AM   #29
Leftus
Graduate Poster

I believe in the teaching of Jésus Christ but off course i disregard what is opposite to it and money is opposite to his teaching.
as translated by people you call Satanists.

You are no different than those you condemn. You benefit from something you say want to avoid, you embrace what you want others to eschew. Why should anyone listen to someone so internally inconsistent?

Last edited by Leftus; 30th November 2019 at 03:40 AM.
Leftus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 04:53 AM   #30
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You have no way of knowing what those teachings were. Jesus wrote nothing and there are no eyewitness accounts of anything he may have said.

So where are you getting that information?

Old 30th November 2019, 05:41 AM   #31
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Did your Jesus character teach people to lie? Don't you still use money?
Old 30th November 2019, 03:11 PM   #32
Gaetan
Illuminator

Did your Jesus character teach people to lie? Don't you still use money?
I use money because that's the way we do it here. It is a decision we have to take collectively, not only one on earth.
Old 30th November 2019, 07:09 PM   #33
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

I use money because that's the way we do it here. It is a decision we have to take collectively, not only one on earth.
We really need to collectively decide to abolish the mental slavery of religion. I think you've done just about as much to abolish religion as you have money.
Old 1st December 2019, 02:26 AM   #34
Gaetan
Illuminator

We really need to collectively decide to abolish the mental slavery of religion. I think you've done just about as much to abolish religion as you have money.
You are a slave because you don't listen Jesus and put in practice what he said in particular about to the abolition of money:

The Truth Will Set You Free

John 8.31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave[b] to sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. 38 I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”

John 3.19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Last edited by Gaetan; 1st December 2019 at 02:50 AM.
Old 1st December 2019, 04:42 AM   #35
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You are a slave because you don't listen Jesus and put in practice what he said in particular about to the abolition of money:
How do you know what jesus said or did? It isn't written anywhere.

Old 1st December 2019, 07:07 AM   #36
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

The Truth Will Set You Free

John 8.31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?”

34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave[b] to sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. 38 I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”

John 3.19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
What does this have to do with money? Do you think your penchant for lying is a "wicked thing" or do you justify it in the name of your weird religion?
Old 1st December 2019, 08:26 AM   #37
Gaetan
Illuminator

What does this have to do with money? Do you think your penchant for lying is a "wicked thing" or do you justify it in the name of your weird religion?
Your weird religion put on place a culture like money, financial, and justice system and you obey to it, according to what you say, you love it, are confortable with it. What you obey comes from Satan, is completely opposed to what Jesus Christ taught or God.
Old 1st December 2019, 01:40 PM   #38
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Your weird religion put on place a culture like money, financial, and justice system and you obey to it, according to what you say, you love it, are confortable with it. What you obey comes from Satan, is completely opposed to what Jesus Christ taught or God.
You have no way of knowing what jesus or god taught.

Old 1st December 2019, 04:53 PM   #39
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Your weird religion
Simply parroting like a child what I'm saying isn't helping your case.

Quote:
put on place a culture like money, financial, and justice system and you obey to it, according to what you say, you love it, are confortable with it.
Obviously, due to your penchant for lying, I'll need a link to where I've said either of those things.

Quote:
What you obey comes from Satan, is completely opposed to what Jesus Christ taught or God.
And yet you've never answered the question of what you posted had to do with money. Is lying one of those "wicked things" your Jesus character spoke of?
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:04 PM   #40
Gaetan
Illuminator

Simply parroting like a child what I'm saying isn't helping your case.

Obviously, due to your penchant for lying, I'll need a link to where I've said either of those things.

And yet you've never answered the question of what you posted had to do with money. Is lying one of those "wicked things" your Jesus character spoke of?
You love the justice system and money put on place by your weird religion. You probably put more than a thousand post about it

Last edited by Gaetan; 2nd December 2019 at 04:06 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance