ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 7th January 2020, 04:25 AM   #321
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
You're a one-person religious cult and hypocritically ask others if they're obsessed with religion?

LOL.
We widely discussed about religion and the end of it is that Jesus said it is criminal to use money and why it is that it put you in a situation of injustice that doesn't comply with the golden rule to love your neighbour as yourself.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 06:31 AM   #322
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
We widely discussed about religion and the end of it is that Jesus said it is criminal to use money and why it is that it put you in a situation of injustice that doesn't comply with the golden rule to love your neighbour as yourself.
That was one of the things we widely discussed and we widely determined that you had misinterpreted (and outright lied about) so much of what the Jesus character in the bible novel had said that in the end we decided that you weren't to be taken seriously.

Didn't your Jesus character say, "the laborer deserves his wages"? Don't you still use money? Don't you find it hypocritical that your weird religious cult says not to use money and the only member still does?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 12:09 PM   #323
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
That was one of the things we widely discussed and we widely determined that you had misinterpreted (and outright lied about) so much of what the Jesus character in the bible novel had said that in the end we decided that you weren't to be taken seriously.

Didn't your Jesus character say, "the laborer deserves his wages"? Don't you still use money? Don't you find it hypocritical that your weird religious cult says not to use money and the only member still does?
Did you take advantage of the boxing day? Any normal human being would do. Tell me hypocrite.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 12:21 PM   #324
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Did you take advantage of the boxing day? Any normal human being would do.
I never really watched boxing on television. I do admire Laila Ali, though.

Quote:
Tell me hypocrite.
Ok, you're a hypocrite. For all the reasons I've already proved.

Don't you still use money even thought your weird religious cult of one says you shouldn't?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 01:50 PM   #325
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
We widely discussed about religion and the end of it is that Jesus said it is criminal to use money and why it is that it put you in a situation of injustice that doesn't comply with the golden rule to love your neighbour as yourself.
Once again, he never said that. It's a construction of your fevered mind. He said HE was a criminal, and it had nothing to do with money.

Also, can you reconcile your desire to get the maximum pay while denying that to your neighbor?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 03:47 PM   #326
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,718
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
We widely discussed about religion and the end of it is that Jesus said it is criminal to use money and why it is that it put you in a situation of injustice that doesn't comply with the golden rule to love your neighbour as yourself.
The only thing you've done in this thread from day one till now is to blather about what is ultimately your delusional view of the economy and human behavior.

Your only cite is the jesus-man, unless you don't know or agree with what is actually written in the bible, and when caught out and you transform into Peter from the gospels.

Do you think that lying makes the baby jesus happy, or makes the baby jesus made You'd better hope that your book of myth is false because if not the devil is building a special fire in order to have it ready for your arrival.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 04:55 PM   #327
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
The only thing you've done in this thread from day one till now is to blather about what is ultimately your delusional view of the economy and human behavior.

Your only cite is the jesus-man, unless you don't know or agree with what is actually written in the bible, and when caught out and you transform into Peter from the gospels.

Do you think that lying makes the baby jesus happy, or makes the baby jesus made You'd better hope that your book of myth is false because if not the devil is building a special fire in order to have it ready for your arrival.
Jésus said: ''You'll be hated because of me.''
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 05:18 PM   #328
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Jésus said: ''You'll be hated because of me.''
LOL. Martyrdom complex. We're just asking you to tell the truth. It isn't difficult for atheists to do, why is it so difficult for weird religious cultists?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 06:38 PM   #329
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,718
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Jésus said: ''You'll be hated because of me.''
I don't know you enough to hate you. Hate isn't the issue, and your assertion reveals another facet of your delusion.

When you attempt to connect your delusion to the jesus-man, you're giving the impression that you have appointed yourself as his main man with the plan. Since it's well documented in this thread that you pick and choose which part of the fairy tale you see fit to observe, that, in bible-land, means you are not anything approaching a true christian, and under that good 'ol testament law means it's a ticket to the everlasting slow bake, regardless of whatever zealotry you bring to whatever part of the fairy tale you signed up with.

Your post brings to mind a joke from Shaquille O'Neal at the Justin Bieber roast.

O'Neal observed that Bieber has a tattoo of the jesus on his leg. His line - "why'd you bring the man into your mess, Didn't he suffer enough?"

That's my observation here - why do you drag the jesus-man into the mess of a theory you've been pimping? If you were some hardshell baptist trying to stop folks from dancing and was living out the whole myth that would be one thing, but a one-man-band "me & jesus man against the evil money riches" nonsense reeks of basement dwelling loser.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2020, 06:46 PM   #330
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,447
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Your country have hundreds of islands around the world that serve as offshore havens.
My country has NO overseas possessions. None. Nada. Bubkiss.

Where did you get the idea it had?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 08:47 AM   #331
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Jésus said: ''You'll be hated because of me.''
John Lenin said "They're going to crucify me"

Rod Smart said "He Hate Me"
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 12:52 PM   #332
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,718
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
My country has NO overseas possessions. None. Nada. Bubkiss.

Where did you get the idea it had?
I'm not exactly sure what the fuzzy one intended to covey, but maybe the intent was to reference tax haven countries as some sort of U.S. centric dodge.

The reality is that tax haven countries really don't care who puts money into their system as long as the transfers clear or the cash is legit.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 02:35 PM   #333
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
I'm not exactly sure what the fuzzy one intended to covey, but maybe the intent was to reference tax haven countries as some sort of U.S. centric dodge.

The reality is that tax haven countries really don't care who puts money into their system as long as the transfers clear or the cash is legit.
I'm pretty sure Gaetan gets his understanding of the rich from Duck Tails, specifically, Scrooge McDuck.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 06:36 PM   #334
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Bill Gates said that rich "like him" don't pay enough income tax. This is just to look nice, he probably has hundreds fiscalist making sure he doesn't pay income tax.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2020, 06:59 PM   #335
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Bill Gates said that rich "like him" don't pay enough income tax. This is just to look nice, he probably has hundreds fiscalist making sure he doesn't pay income tax.
How is that anywhere near as horrible as all those children abused by religious? Which one do you care about more?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2020, 08:10 AM   #336
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Bill Gates said that rich "like him" don't pay enough income tax. This is just to look nice, he probably has hundreds fiscalist making sure he doesn't pay income tax.
Stephen Tyler said "eat the rich" but he also said "walk this way" and "dream on" so mixed messages to say the least.


"rich like him" You mean both of them?

Last edited by Leftus; 9th January 2020 at 08:15 AM.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2020, 07:30 PM   #337
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Why the Brexit? Because the européens are coming with it:


Oxfam welcomes European Parliament call for joint and ambitious position on global tax justice


Published: 18th December 2019




Today, the European Parliament agreed a resolution calling for a “joint, ambitious EU position” in the OECD-led negotiations on how to address international corporate tax challenges in a digitalised era. These negotiations provide a historic opportunity to adapt corporate tax rules for the 21st century, and to strengthen tax justice at global level.

Reacting to the news, Oxfam’s EU tax policy advisor, Chiara Putaturo, said:

“The European Parliament has taken a powerful stand today by calling on the EU and member states to adopt a joint position to advance tax justice. We now urge the OECD, and EU member states around the table, to heed the call of their citizens and fundamentally revise current tax rules. EU governments can, and should, lead in initiating urgently needed reform. They must support an ambitious minimum effective tax rate to stop the race to the bottom on corporate taxation.

“The global tax system is broken. Citizens around the world are protesting unfairness and economic inequality. Governments must respond by ensuring multinationals pay their taxes where they do business and earn profits. Developing and developed countries alike lose billions of euro in crucial tax revenues every single year due to tax avoidance. These revenues are needed to finance vital public services proven to reduce inequality, like healthcare, education and social protection, and to invest in the green transition.”

Notes to editors


•In 2016 alone over 650 billion dollars of foreign multinational profits were shifted to tax havens. Ordinary citizens worldwide, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, are paying the highest price for this tax avoidance.
•In May 2019, the OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework launched a new stage of tax reforms called BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Shifting) 2.0 to address the challenges of taxing multinational corporations in the digital era.
•The OECD planned to agree on a framework by the end of January and deliver a final package by November 2020. More than 130 countries are participating in the OECD-led negotiations. These countries now need to agree the outline of a deal before the G20 endorses the final agreement in 2020. EU governments have a responsibility to contribute to consensus and block any counterpunch that could dilute the scope of the reforms or allow countries to resist necessary changes.
•The European Commission has not expressed a formal position on the proposals but has declared its willingness to cooperate at OECD level to find a consensus. Both the European Commission and the Council are ready to discuss digital taxation in the EU if an agreement is not reached at global level.
•The reform package includes two pillars, the first on distribution of taxing rights and the second on a global minimum effective tax rate. In October and November 2019, the Inclusive Framework presented two draft proposals on Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 respectively and opened a public consultation on both. See Oxfam’s reactions on Pillar One and on Pillar Two, and Oxfam’s submissions to the public consultation on Pillar One and Pillar Two.
•A global minimum effective tax rate should be set at an ambitious level and applied at a country-by-country basis without exceptions. This would put a stop to the damaging tax competition between countries and remove the incentive for profit shifting – effectively putting tax havens out of business.
•In today’s resolution, the European Parliament also calls on the Member States to agree on public country-by-country reporting (pCBCR) at EU level to improve tax transparency and make the tax reforms more effective. The pCBCR would require big multinational businesses to make public the profits they make and the taxes they pay for each country in which they operate. Proposed by the European Commission in 2016 and approved by the European Parliament in 2017, the proposal on pCBCR has since been blocked in the Council by several member states.

Last edited by Gaetan; 12th January 2020 at 07:33 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2020, 08:01 PM   #338
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Why the Brexit?
Off topic, there's a Brexit thread.

Since you have no opinion on whether children being raped by religious is worse than someone not paying taxes, what do you think about Jonestown and the religious horrors there?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Don't you agree that all religion, including your weird cult, should be abolished?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2020, 08:11 PM   #339
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Off topic, there's a Brexit thread.
This is not off topic, the Brexit is to preserve the profit of the richest stupid ****.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2020, 08:26 PM   #340
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,587
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
This is not off topic, the Brexit is to preserve the profit of the richest stupid ****.
Since you care more about how much tax Bill Gates pays than you do about children being raped by religious, what are your thoughts on the Branch Davidians?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Davidians

Don't you agree that all religion, including your weird cult, should be abolished due to these horrors?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 05:32 AM   #341
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Since you care more about how much tax Bill Gates pays
The tax Bill Gates doesn't pay are taxes the rest of Americans have to pay, he should pay tax also all around the world since he sale products in other countries.

•In 2016 alone over 650 billion dollars of foreign multinational profits were shifted to tax havens. Ordinary citizens worldwide, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, are paying the highest price for this tax avoidance.

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-relea...ion-global-tax

Last edited by Gaetan; 13th January 2020 at 05:41 AM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 07:49 AM   #342
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The tax Bill Gates doesn't pay are taxes the rest of Americans have to pay, he should pay tax also all around the world since he sale products in other countries.
Bill Gates doesn't sell anything, let alone stuff around the world for almost 5 years now. Less lies, please.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 08:48 AM   #343
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Bill Gates doesn't sell anything, let alone stuff around the world for almost 5 years now. Less lies, please.
The propaganda from medias tells people to love richest.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 12:40 PM   #344
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The propaganda from medias tells people to love richest.
Arbor Mud Dotters Spline.

So are you going to correct your less than factual statements or not? Or tell me what Mr. Gates is currently selling.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 01:08 PM   #345
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,447
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Arbor Mud Dotters Spline.

So are you going to correct your less than factual statements or not? Or tell me what Mr. Gates is currently selling.
Considering Mr. Gates' current activities, he is an awful lot closer to jebus than Gaetan can ever hope to be.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 01:53 PM   #346
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Considering Mr. Gates' current activities, he is an awful lot closer to jebus than Gaetan can ever hope to be.
Nobody is out committing atrocities in his name, as far as I know.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 01:58 PM   #347
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,447
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Nobody is out committing atrocities in his name, as far as I know.
EXCUSE ME? Did not Saint Bill write the manual for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2020, 09:15 PM   #348
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Hello friends,

Why keep a money system that destroys humanity and reduces the 99% of the planet to a workhorse. What you have to do is live as in a tribe, work for free and benefit from goods and services for free, a system of indirect barter or one who produces a good is not compensated directly by the one who consumes the good. Example: I produce potatoes, put them on the market, if I need a good I go to the market and take it for free from other producers.

Politicians care about democracy but how do you want to have democracy if the media which are not subject to the electoral law make propaganda all the year to make elect parties which will profit the richest.

For development in a world of money it takes money, but poor countries have currency that has no value. How are they going to get the resources to develop, they are still living in misery so that if you abolish money and work for free they will develop easily. Without investment you cannot work, earn a salary and pay what you need to live well.

The money was put in place by cruel kings and dictators, they printed money, kept 99% of it for themselves, spent it, and when it started to run out they sent their soldiers to collect the good people. The system has been refined, but the people are at the mercy of the wealthy. If they do not pay their debts to the wealthy, their property is seized.

Crime would be reduced to almost zero if there were no money, there would be no more theft because everything is free, no more drugs because there would be no profit in making it .

There is famine and malnourished people but they are waiting for money to buy food and cover their basic needs because no one work for free.

In a world without money there would be no shortage of products, if there is a shortage we only have to produce more, labor is free.


If you need to build a low-income housing building, the problem is money, in a world of money people don't work for free while in a world without money there is no rich or poor, it would be easy to build buildings to house people or infrastructure like a metro, people work for free.


We would have electric cars, there would be no pollution, it all costs nothing.


The world is robotizing more and more, no work, no money in a world of money, robots will only benefit the richest. Hundreds of thousands of jobs are at risk in Canada, US and around the world.


You take pollution like that, the problem is money, reducing pollution is expensive and we can't afford it, all that leaders discuss at pollution conferences is money, The young Greta Thunberg gave them says: How dare you?

It is better for the joy of life, love and spirituality to work for free for our neighbor.


To start in Canada and US we can abolish the money and keep it to sell our products abroad and buy but inside the country everything is done without money until all countries abolish money. A simple tribe cannot live on money and neither do we.

We think there would be overconsumption if we abolished the money, people understand that the products are made of people's labor, they will not take more carrots than they consume, if you put food on a table to share they are aware that if they take too much it will not remain for others. You have to recycle everything and not put on the market products that you cannot repair or recycle 100% but it costs a lot in a money world, if the work is free it doesn't cost anything.

The question arises, how are people going to work if they don't have the money incentive? We are not dolphins jumping in the air to have a fish at a fair, people are not fools they understand that if they do not work they will have nothing, no goods or service, animals live well without money, why not us. Think of all the work saved if there was no money. Let’s get rid of money, do studies and polls and you’ll conclude that the best thing for humanity is to get rid of money.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2020, 08:48 AM   #349
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Crime would be reduced to almost zero if there were no money, there would be no more theft because everything is free, no more drugs because there would be no profit in making it .

There is famine and malnourished people but they are waiting for money to buy food and cover their basic needs because no one work for free.

In a world without money there would be no shortage of products, if there is a shortage we only have to produce more, labor is free.

If you need to build a low-income housing building, the problem is money, in a world of money people don't work for free while in a world without money there is no rich or poor, it would be easy to build buildings to house people or infrastructure like a metro, people work for free.

We would have electric cars, there would be no pollution, it all costs nothing.


The world is robotizing more and more, no work, no money in a world of money, robots will only benefit the richest. Hundreds of thousands of jobs are at risk in Canada, US and around the world.


You take pollution like that, the problem is money, reducing pollution is expensive and we can't afford it, all that leaders discuss at pollution conferences is money, The young Greta Thunberg gave them says: How dare you?

It is better for the joy of life, love and spirituality to work for free for our neighbor.
You've got some massive assumptions going on. Still. You pretend that because there isn't a currency attached to an action, that it is free. Once again., you ignore opportunity costs. Time spend doing something is time spent not doing something else.


The notion that people won't look for chemical recreation, specifically drugs, because there is no money, is absolutely insane. It's just another example of you not understanding human nature. Marijuana and alcohol are surprisingly easy to create.

Electric cars would not be free. Children would still have to die in mines in 3rd world countries to generate the lithium needed to create the batteries. And the cobalt as well.

Why are drugs the only product you think will disappear when money no longer exists? Why won't electric cars stop being made because nobody is making a dime? Or bread? Or burgers?

I guess it's good you kinda, sorta, half understand the profit motive for the products you don't like. Apply it to the ones you do.


Where is the list of items Bill Gates is still selling?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2020, 02:27 PM   #350
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,316
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Hello friends,

Why keep a money system that destroys humanity and reduces the 99% of the planet to a workhorse.
Yet you still expect people will need to work, so you won't eliminate people as "workhorse".


Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post

What you have to do is live as in a tribe, work for free and benefit from goods and services for free, a system of indirect barter or one who produces a good is not compensated directly by the one who consumes the good. Example: I produce potatoes, put them on the market, if I need a good I go to the market and take it for free from other producers.
Such tribal dynamics don't work at significantly larger scales because people can't get to know each other that well. You should try actually reading your own citation.

Money is an "indirect barter" system.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Politicians care about democracy but how do you want to have democracy if the media which are not subject to the electoral law make propaganda all the year to make elect parties which will profit the richest.
Then don't succumb to the propaganda.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
For development in a world of money it takes money, but poor countries have currency that has no value. How are they going to get the resources to develop, they are still living in misery so that if you abolish money and work for free they will develop easily. Without investment you cannot work, earn a salary and pay what you need to live well.
Nope you say it right above, "How are they going to get the resources to develop". So it isn't money that helps a country develop but "resources". Money is just one way of getting "resources" if you don't already have much or any.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The money was put in place by cruel kings and dictators, they printed money, kept 99% of it for themselves, spent it, and when it started to run out they sent their soldiers to collect the good people. The system has been refined, but the people are at the mercy of the wealthy. If they do not pay their debts to the wealthy, their property is seized.
No it was put in place by tradesmen, as it simplified exchange. You don't have to convert from pigs to oranges to fabric to wood to horse miles to apples to man hours to cows to lobsters to make a deal (or remember all those different current exchange rates). Again you should try actually reading your own citations.


Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Crime would be reduced to almost zero if there were no money, there would be no more theft because everything is free, no more drugs because there would be no profit in making it .
Nope plenty of crimes have no monetary basis. That "everything is free" won't eliminate theft, people will still want what others have. People sell drugs for profit, people use drugs for their own gratification. As long as people are willing to do things for drugs people will produce them.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There is famine and malnourished people but they are waiting for money to buy food and cover their basic needs because no one work for free.
No they are not "waiting for money" they are waiting for food and again the cost of feeding some people with some food (other than the investment of resources to produce said food) is that you can't feed someone else with that same food. You still need to get your head around non-monetary costs as well as non-monetary motivations.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
In a world without money there would be no shortage of products, if there is a shortage we only have to produce more, labor is free.
Again no, labor is not free, it costs you at least the ability to utilize that labor somewhere else for something else at that time. With no encumbrance on what people take, shortages will actually increase. People will get as much as they can as soon as they can leaving little for the ones that come later. Given one of your primary claims is that people just want to screw over their neighbors, getting maximum pay while they pay nothing, it is simply and apparently deliberately inconsistent that such intentional "injustice" (as you put it) wouldn't continue without money.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If you need to build a low-income housing building, the problem is money, in a world of money people don't work for free while in a world without money there is no rich or poor, it would be easy to build buildings to house people or infrastructure like a metro, people work for free.
Nope, again the problem is resources, money just happens to be a way of obtaining resources. Also people wouldn't be working for free, they'd be working for those homes, building or infrastructure. However, by your own assertion your system is under no obligation to provide them with any of that even if they do work for it.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
We would have electric cars, there would be no pollution, it all costs nothing.
Once again there are non-monetary costs (like those mentioned by Leftus) pollution being one of them. Eliminating money doesn't eliminate any of them.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The world is robotizing more and more, no work, no money in a world of money, robots will only benefit the richest. Hundreds of thousands of jobs are at risk in Canada, US and around the world.


You take pollution like that, the problem is money, reducing pollution is expensive and we can't afford it, all that leaders discuss at pollution conferences is money, The young Greta Thunberg gave them says: How dare you?

It is better for the joy of life, love and spirituality to work for free for our neighbor.


To start in Canada and US we can abolish the money and keep it to sell our products abroad and buy but inside the country everything is done without money until all countries abolish money. A simple tribe cannot live on money and neither do we.

We think there would be overconsumption if we abolished the money, people understand that the products are made of people's labor, they will not take more carrots than they consume, if you put food on a table to share they are aware that if they take too much it will not remain for others. You have to recycle everything and not put on the market products that you cannot repair or recycle 100% but it costs a lot in a money world, if the work is free it doesn't cost anything.

The question arises, how are people going to work if they don't have the money incentive? We are not dolphins jumping in the air to have a fish at a fair, people are not fools they understand that if they do not work they will have nothing, no goods or service, animals live well without money, why not us. Think of all the work saved if there was no money. Let’s get rid of money, do studies and polls and you’ll conclude that the best thing for humanity is to get rid of money.
Again, this is all just you ignoring the non-monetary cost and non-monetary motivations. As well as your own fundamental claim of people screwing over their neighbors. Also by your own assertions your system isn't obligated to provide people with any "goods or service" even if they do work. So ignorance of non-monetary costs and motivation, ignorance of your own assertions of what people want for themselves in contrast to what they'll give to their neighbors and ignorance of you own stated lack of obligation of recompense in your system. Is there anything your claims don't simply ignore, including themselves?
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by The Man; 14th January 2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typos
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2020, 03:11 PM   #351
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Why would I even bother to rely on an "indirect barter" system when I could just directly barter? If The Man has some spare bushels of grain, and I could offer him a side of beef for it, and feed his grains to my herd, we both have a known quantity that we will get for our goods. More than just the scraps, twice picked over down at the town square.

Also I could just trade him for what he isn't using for the moonshine I'm going to make with it. Sure, he could make it himself, but he may not have the knowledge or components? Why would I teach him how, when that would have me give up an advantage I could use to feed my family?

Last edited by Leftus; 14th January 2020 at 03:15 PM.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2020, 04:43 PM   #352
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,316
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Why would I even bother to rely on an "indirect barter" system when I could just directly barter? If The Man has some spare bushels of grain, and I could offer him a side of beef for it, and feed his grains to my herd, we both have a known quantity that we will get for our goods. More than just the scraps, twice picked over down at the town square.

Also I could just trade him for what he isn't using for the moonshine I'm going to make with it. Sure, he could make it himself, but he may not have the knowledge or components? Why would I teach him how, when that would have me give up an advantage I could use to feed my family?
Making it myself I always start drinking it too soon. Besides, I always like the battery acid you put in, for color.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2020, 07:26 AM   #353
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Making it myself I always start drinking it too soon. Besides, I always like the battery acid you put in, for color.
That was a happy accident. I was using the moonshine to clean the battery terminals and, well, waste not and all that.

I still think it's kinda funny that "they won't make drugs because there won't be any money in it for them" is right, but "they won't make houses because there won't be any money in it for them" is wrong, somehow. It's almost like it's based on products he wants to exist to be favored. Those that he doesn't, well, poof they are gone.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2020, 06:21 AM   #354
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Africa’s three richest men have more wealth than the poorest 650 million people across the continent.

Published: 3rd September 2019

Learn more

Fight inequality, beat poverty
Three African billionaires today have more wealth than the poorest 50% - or 650 million people across the continent, reveals a new Oxfam report today.

The report shows that:
•3 African billionaires now have more wealth than the poorest 50% - or 650 million people across the continent
•The most unequal country in the region, Swaziland, is home to one billionaire, Nathan Kirsh, who is estimated to have $4.9bn. If he worked in one of the restaurants that his wholesale company supplies on a worker’s minimum wage, it would take him 5.7 million years to earn his current level of wealth....
•75% of the wealth of African multi-millionaires and billionaires is held offshore, as result the continent is losing $14billion annually in uncollected tax revenue.
•Dangerous and unsustainable levels of debt are hurting social spending. In 2018, Angola spent 57% of government revenue on debt repayments while public spending was cut by 19% between 2016 and 2018. Similar trends are present in Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon and Mozambique

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-relea...-people-across

Last edited by Gaetan; 17th January 2020 at 06:23 AM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2020, 07:51 AM   #355
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
As James Hetfield once famously said "So what" Ok, it was a cover, but the statement stands.

I'm, at least as far as I can tell, not African, nor work for an African taxing agency.

Life is not a zero sum game. Just because someone is exceeding, doesn't mean it's coming from someone else. What you've got is a serious case of jealousy. To the point that rather than try to improve yourself, you want to tear the whole thing down. If you were drowning, and someone threw you a rope, you would try to pull them in rather than pull yourself out.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2020, 08:00 AM   #356
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
The capitalism is the same thing as a monopoly game
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2020, 08:20 AM   #357
Leftus
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,374
I thought capitalism was more like Hungry Hungry Hippos. Or was it Connect Four? Clue perhaps?

No, it's Operation, without a doubt.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2020, 07:22 AM   #358
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,316
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
That was a happy accident. I was using the moonshine to clean the battery terminals and, well, waste not and all that.

I still think it's kinda funny that "they won't make drugs because there won't be any money in it for them" is right, but "they won't make houses because there won't be any money in it for them" is wrong, somehow. It's almost like it's based on products he wants to exist to be favored. Those that he doesn't, well, poof they are gone.
Just like he thinks people want to screw over their neighbors because there is money but suddenly they won't want that (by just taking more for themselves than their neighbor gets) without money.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2020, 07:27 AM   #359
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,316
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The capitalism is the same thing as a monopoly game

Commodities can still be monopolized. So just getting rid of money won't get rid of monopolies. In fact since a lack of monetary motivation might tend to reduce competition, monopolies (for no monetary reasons) may be all that remain.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2020, 08:42 AM   #360
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,381
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Commodities can still be monopolized. So just getting rid of money won't get rid of monopolies. In fact since a lack of monetary motivation might tend to reduce competition, monopolies (for no monetary reasons) may be all that remain.
We don't need competition but cooperation
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.