ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Congressional hearings , donald trump , impeachment , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 1st December 2019, 02:04 PM   #241
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Have you people taken a look at the FOIA release by the State Department concerning Giuliani's activities? I mean, like yourself, not through some pre$$titute filter? They are here. Happy study.
You could give your opinion about it rather than just hating freedom of the press like you always do .
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 02:14 PM   #242
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
You could give your opinion about it rather than just hating freedom of the press like you always do .

My opinion? Haven't you convinced yourselves that I'm an agent of VV? Why would you be interested in what he wants you to think, and why would I think it would be worth telling such a woke crowd?

I can tell you where the interesting stuff is, though. Page 61 to 81 of the pdf. Form your own opinion. You will need it later.
Old 1st December 2019, 02:37 PM   #243
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I have read it and it's pretty damning for Pompaus and when read with the call transcripts, only bolsters the case against Trump.
Old 1st December 2019, 02:50 PM   #244
a_unique_person

My opinion? Haven't you convinced yourselves that I'm an agent of VV? Why would you be interested in what he wants you to think, and why would I think it would be worth telling such a woke crowd?

I can tell you where the interesting stuff is, though. Page 61 to 81 of the pdf. Form your own opinion. You will need it later.

Why do you think those pages are interesting? What about the rest of the 100 pages?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 03:29 PM   #245
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

The Republicans are in a damned if they impeach and remove and damned if they don't.

Trump is extremely popular with 60 percent of the GOP base. Almost fanatically so. But the level of support drops off after that. Trump is only tolerated with a fair amount of Republicans. So they're supporting him because they're terrified that their base will turn against them and being challenged in the primaries.

But supporting Trump causes them to lose any Republicans with principles. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but they probably jake up a few points and that is a few points too many.
Old 1st December 2019, 05:49 PM   #246
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I have read it and it's pretty damning for Pompaus and when read with the call transcripts, only bolsters the case against Trump.
I'll say it does....and Giuliani's grubby little paw prints are all over the wrongful smearing of Amb Yovanovich. Makes me wonder why CE linked it - it rather yanks the "Trump can do no wrong" rug out from under his/her feet.

On a side note, I am looking forward to the day when Rudy models a NYDOC Orange Jump Suit.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 08:06 PM   #247
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I think it's 100% an unproven claim. I don't think there's any more reason to believe it than there is to believe Lindsay Graham.

Assuming that phiwum is correct and your "100% an unproven claim" is referring to the claim that Democrats are simply trying to keep the president in check and uphold the Constitution:

I challenge you to provide an example of the sort of evidence that ever possibly could prove this claim to your satisfaction. It's difficult-to-impossible to have proof of true motivations. Unless you can provide a hypothetical example of realistic and acceptable proof I claim it is you, not Congressional Democrats, that is playing a political game simply by laying an impossible burden of proof on the opposition.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 10:15 PM   #248
BrooklynBaby
Muse

Trump isn't going anywhere, no matter how much noise the Democrats and fake news make. The Ukraine Hoax is just going to be added to the Dems' growing pile of failed hoaxes and that will be that. Another one bites the dust.
BrooklynBaby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 10:36 PM   #249
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

Old 1st December 2019, 10:39 PM   #250
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post
Trump isn't going anywhere, no matter how much noise the Democrats and fake news make. The Ukraine Hoax is just going to be added to the Dems' growing pile of failed hoaxes and that will be that. Another one bites the dust.
It's hard to take your posts seriously when you continue to call facts verified by the entire US intelligence community as "hoaxes".
Old 1st December 2019, 10:51 PM   #251
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

There are just enough useful idiots, simpletons and imbeciles that buy into the fake news/hoaxey-hoax right wing propaganda propagated by sycophantic outlets like fox news (and othe cynical enablers) to re-elect this corrupt, sub-literate megalomaniac. It's nothing to be proud about, really.

Carroll Shelby
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 10:53 PM   #252
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
On a side note, I am looking forward to the day when Rudy models a NYDOC Orange Jump Suit.
A federal facility is more likely, but NY jurisdiction would be nice, out of reach of Trump’s pardoning powers.

I wonder why he hasn’t pardoned everyone by now. Anyone have a theory?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 11:12 PM   #253
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
A federal facility is more likely, but NY jurisdiction would be nice, out of reach of Trump’s pardoning powers.

Easy. There's nothing in it for Trump.
Old 1st December 2019, 11:22 PM   #254
BrooklynBaby
Muse

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
There are just enough useful idiots, simpletons and imbeciles that buy into the fake news/hoaxey-hoax right wing propaganda propagated by sycophantic outlets like fox news (and othe cynical enablers) to re-elect this corrupt, sub-literate megalomaniac. It's nothing to be proud about, really.
The Trayvon Hoax, Ferguson Hoax, Kavanaugh Hoax, and Russia Hoax speak for themselves. See the new hoax, same as the old hoax. The Ukraine Hoax is so weak after all of this time, and they are still trying to use it to impeach the POTUS, notwithstanding that they can't even name the crime. Everyone who thinks Hunter Biden, son of Obama's VP and point man for Ukraine, Joe Biden, getting a million dollars a year for sitting on the Burisma board with no experience and unable to even speak the language doesn't warrant looking into as having the potential for being corruption, raise your hand. It's a no-brainer. Fake news and the Democrats pretend they are shocked that Trump would look at it this way, when anyone with an ounce of common sense would see the same thing. Who gives anyone a million dollars a year for nothing? Schiff and Nadler will need to have an answer for that, and they don't, and won't have one. We have a treaty with Ukraine for cooperation on legal matters involving corruption and Trump asked them to look into it. End of story.

Oh, I should add if there is a trial in the Senate, it will be Joe and Hunter Biden on trial, not Trump.

Last edited by BrooklynBaby; 1st December 2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: add
BrooklynBaby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 11:23 PM   #255
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It's hard to take your posts seriously when you continue to call facts verified by the entire US intelligence community as "hoaxes".
....and the US Foreign service officers such as Fiona Hill, George Kent and Jennifer Williams, all unquestioned experts with a deep and intimate knowledge of Russia and Ukraine.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 11:26 PM   #256
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

The Trayvon Hoax, Ferguson Hoax, Kavanaugh Hoax, and Russia Hoax speak for themselves
And there is your mistake... none of those are hoaxes.
Old 1st December 2019, 11:27 PM   #257
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

"Speak for themselves", i.e. "I have no way evidence for this".
Old 1st December 2019, 11:55 PM   #258
Hevneren
Thinker

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post

Maybe because someone who’s been pardoned can’t take the fifth anymore
Hevneren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:11 AM   #259
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Which says Donny cannot trust his own people to not rat him out.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:21 AM   #260
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Which says Donny cannot trust his own people to not rat him out.
He is working on making "flipping" illegal.
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:49 AM   #261
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump will not participate in impeachment hearing, White House says

Quote:
The White House has said US President Donald Trump and his lawyers will not attend an impeachment hearing on Wednesday, citing a lack of "fairness".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50625550
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:57 AM   #262
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

For all of his bluster, did anyone really think that he would ?

Even if he wasn't likely to commit perjury, he simply wouldn't have the patience to sit through a few minutes of impeachment proceedings and would likely have behaved like a bored toddler.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:20 AM   #263
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I would be embarrassed to admit that I have no chance to win unless everyone makes sure I'm treated fairly .
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:30 AM   #264
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Does this come as a surprise to anyone?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:37 AM   #265
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Who gives anyone a million dollars a year for nothing?
What does Andrew Giuliani do for a living, again?
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:02 AM   #266
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Being loyal to Trump.

If Trump has that, then for all he cares Andrew can sit around the whole day drinking beer in his underpants.
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:13 AM   #267
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Send emails to people begging for half a mil.
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:35 AM   #268
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
....and the US Foreign service officers such as Fiona Hill, George Kent and Jennifer Williams, all unquestioned experts with a deep and intimate knowledge of Russia and Ukraine.
Just shows how “deep” the Deep State goes!

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 2nd December 2019 at 05:56 AM.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:55 AM   #269
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Does this [refusal to participate in the impeachment hearing] come as a surprise to anyone?
Of course not.

Fits perfectly with the strategy of attacking the legitimacy of the impeachment inquiry, while still allowing Trump to play the victim by claiming he’s somehow being denied representation in said inquiry. Which will only play to his base, of course, but that’s the whole point, isn’t it.

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 2nd December 2019 at 05:56 AM.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:55 AM   #270
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Being loyal to Trump.

If Trump has that, then for all he cares Andrew can sit around the whole day drinking beer in his underpants.
Especially if he's being paid with other peoples' money
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:59 AM   #271
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Thanks for the info, guys. I didn't realize we were so picky.
It's not that bad, but you have a better chance if you're a young worker or student, or an immediate family member of a citizen/permanent resident. Or rich.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:05 AM   #272
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
For all of his bluster, did anyone really think that he would ?

Even if he wasn't likely to commit perjury, he simply wouldn't have the patience to sit through a few minutes of impeachment proceedings and would likely have behaved like a bored toddler.
This has nothing to do with his attendance.

The lawyers said they won't bother with a hearing on the history and legal issues of impeachment. They have not said whether they will attend later hearings. Even if they do, there's no reason to think that Trump will be there.

Honestly, not attending Wednesday's session is reasonable. If the attorneys think the case against impeachment and/or removal won't be based on legal considerations of what constitutes an impeachable offense, then they have little reason to attend. Not sure how they intend to make their case, really. Probably leave it to the GOP Senators to come up with some reason for the nigh inevitable acquittal.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:06 AM   #273
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
All an impeachment decision will do is result in Trump winning again.

The dems and left media are just too dim to realise.
So your solution is to let him get away with it? That sets a dangerous precedent for future presidents and also puts national security at risk while he's in office.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:08 AM   #274
Belz...
Fiend God

As long as the goals of the Dems and the Constitution are aligned, the question is irrelevant.
Worse: it's a distraction.

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I'm not sure I understand the question.
For pete's ******* sake, theprestige. It's clear as day.

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Because it's tedious to constantly worry about it.
Yeah **** accuracy.

Old 2nd December 2019, 06:15 AM   #275
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Trump's corruption cooties are mega powerful, able to withstand Kevin Bacon.
...wait, what?

Old 2nd December 2019, 06:19 AM   #276
Belz...
Fiend God

pre$$titute
Translation: "News I don't like".

Quote:
woke crowd
Interesting. Stupid, but interesting.

May I suggest watching something other than Fox News?

I don't believe in any way that you're this ignorant of the facts.

Old 2nd December 2019, 06:22 AM   #277
Belz...
Fiend God

The Trayvon Hoax, Ferguson Hoax, Kavanaugh Hoax, and Russia Hoax speak for themselves.
None of those were hoaxes. What are you blabbering about?

Quote:
notwithstanding that they can't even name the crime.
Extortion, bribery, abuse of power, obstruction of justice. All of the above.

Old 2nd December 2019, 06:37 AM   #278
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Re: the term “pre$$titute”...

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Translation: "News I don't like".
It’s such a weird choice of terms.

It’s seems to imply that reporters who report the news, and news organizations that publish it are being paid to do so. Who knew???
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:36 AM   #279
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Re: the term “pre$$titute”...

It’s such a weird choice of terms.

It’s seems to imply that reporters who report the news, and news organizations that publish it are being paid to do so. Who knew???
To me it implies that mainstream journalism is full of whores who print propaganda for money.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:39 AM   #280
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Rudy is trying to explain the business deals he was pursuing from the same officials he was pressing to smear the Bidens. There was an offer from X but I didn't take it but then I thought about an offer from Y and then... It comes across like Elaine explaining that Art Vandelay is an importer AND an exporter.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics