ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Old 21st April 2020, 11:16 PM   #121
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
It is hard to imagine it getting much worse, but it would seem that is God's plan.

Why is this god such a jerk?
Old 21st April 2020, 11:29 PM   #122
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Allah, Odin, or Thor

... It is hard to imagine it getting much worse, but it would seem that is God's plan. ...
Is that Thor? Or Allah?

Which God?

Anima Mundi
Atman
Brahma
Buddha
Christ
Divine Feminine
Kali
Oya
Divine Mother
Divine Mystery
Divine Presence
Divine Providence
Ein Sof
Eshwara
Great Spirit
Higher Power
Highest Essence
Highest Self
Holy Spirit
Infinite one
Jesus
Kosmos
Krishna
OM
Shakti
Shiva
The Infinite
The Good
The Great Spirit
The Tao
The Great Unified Field (Religion 2.0)
The Force
The Supreme
Vishu
Yahweh
YHWH
Wakan Taka

Whose plan is it?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2020, 11:57 PM   #123
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

5G towers give me the willies too. It seems that they on on most of the churches and apartment buildings where I live. Seems that a lot of people I have talked have never seen them despite they're in your face obsequiousness. There might be some kind of subliminal block being broadcast from them to make them invisible to most.

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 21st April 2020 at 11:59 PM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:27 AM   #124
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Predictions are not an exact science - in fact not a science at all. You may not accept my "story", but when the world is in serious turmoil and people are in despair, they might just give it some credence.
Sadly many people do indeed turn to superstition when times are bad. I continue to hope that a more scientifically literate populace will emerge from this, but I fear it's unlikely.

The most likely outcome is that a herculean effort by the scientifically literate will get the pandemic under control, though not without significant loss of life, and a vaccine will be produced. The "spiritual" will thank god for their deliverance rather than the scientists who were actually responsible, the conspiracy theorists will insist it was all a hoax, and the majority of people will just get on with their lives.

Quote:
The point is that God wants major social and spiritual change - with or without a "story" behind it.
Many people have believed they knew what god wanted, it doesn't usually turn out well. At least he isn't telling you to blow yourself up in a crowded restaurant, I suppose we can be grateful for that much.

Quote:
So far what God has told me is taking place
A major pandemic did occur before the end of 2017? Trump did nuke North Korea in September of that year? Blimey, I must have done a Rip Van Winkle.
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:31 AM   #125
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
5G towers give me the willies too. It seems that they on on most of the churches and apartment buildings where I live. Seems that a lot of people I have talked have never seen them despite they're in your face obsequiousness.

Perhaps if you asked less obsequious people you would find them more observant.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 03:33 AM   #126
catsmate
No longer the 1

Finally my suspension has been lifted.
I'm sure it's only temporary.

Compare those with the vague science that a pandemic is inevitable.
Untrue.

So inevitable that Western countries sat their hands and did nothing.
Untrue.

God will not let humankind destroy the world he has made.
Sigh. There is no "god".

God only intervenes for small personal requests that are easy to do and difficult to prove his/her existence, or the intervention is to guide the destiny of humankind.
Pathetic "god of the gaps" drivel.

[quote=PartSkeptic;13050303] He is going to do nothing to stop the pending die-off which has already started but people are ignoring it and will ignore it until too late.
There is no god. There is science however.

At the moment, we are overdue for a global pandemic.
Untrue. Pandemics don't happen on a schedule.

Is God delaying it by subtle interventions that prevent a calamitous spread?
As "god" is a pathetic human fantasy, no.

The slow thinning is cell phone radiation degrading immune systems, increasing infertility and leading to a lower life expectancy.
Bollocks. In most countries, excluding places like the USA, life expectancy is increasing.

telling others that cell phones are quite safe and that those who claim otherwise are nutters.
You mean reality?

The strongest will survive. The smartest (those who realize the dangers) will also survive.
Pathetic "alpha" fantasies are popular with the weal, powerless and desperate.

I said God told me that the overpopulation would be solved with a massive die-off.
Your "god", like all the others, doesn't actually exist. Have you considered seeking medical help for your delusions?

I am somewhat precognitive and clairprescient
No, you're not. These are more fantasies.

When the cell tower was put next door and I (and others) got sick,
Before it was activated?

It has the added factor of increasing mutation in pathogens because it DOES cause DNA breaks via increased ion channel stress and reactive oxygen species. Scientifically proven.
Bollocks and lies.

And the world is in denial. Helped on by the "experts" in the industry.
People who, unlike you, actually understand science.

When the truth comes out, science and technology will be dealt a serious blow - and people will look to things more spiritual to guide their lives.
Ah more of the "we'll show those smart people" fantasies.

How's that for a prediction.
It's the usual childish fantasising of insignificant people trying to inflate their egos.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:47 AM   #127
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Predictions are not an exact science - in fact not a science at all. You may not accept my "story", but when the world is in serious turmoil and people are in despair, they might just give it some credence. The point is that God wants major social and spiritual change - with or without a "story" behind it.

So far what God has told me is taking place - and if he exists and if he spoke to me then we are only in the beginning of global chaos. It is hard to imagine it getting much worse, but it would seem that is God's plan.

I look at all the events in my life and they seem to have happened for a reason. There is a clear trail of "lessons". I assume those lessons will not be wasted my dying in the next few weeks or even years.
Of course, if this were true, it begs the question why god is so abysmally BAD at designing a disease?
I mean, if we put our minds to it (but no human has been shown to be that monstrous) we could create a disease that wipes out 80% of humanity.
Make its carriers non symptomatic transmitters for 1+ year or so after which it kills in a day or so.
And that is with the limitations of normal genetics.
A god could create that and let it rip.
Or just infect everyone at once.

But no, a disease with clear symptoms spread in a way that is possible to stop and most likely will have a vaccin within a year or so.
Yes, a lot of people will die and sure, there will be an economic impact, but your doom predictions seem to be wrong already. In Asia and Europe the spread seems contained and if the US were to get it's act together it could stop it too.
Lukraak_Sisser is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:57 AM   #128
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
5G towers give me the willies too. It seems that they on on most of the churches and apartment buildings where I live. Seems that a lot of people I have talked have never seen them despite they're in your face obsequiousness. There might be some kind of subliminal block being broadcast from them to make them invisible to most.
Or maybe people don't pay attention because there's no reason to pay attention. If the towers do not cause anything but better phone service, why should they notice them? Do you notice the TV antennas or satellite dishes on people's houses? Count the high voltage transformers on the power lines?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 04:31 PM   #129
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Or maybe people don't pay attention because there's no reason to pay attention. If the towers do not cause anything but better phone service, why should they notice them? Do you notice the TV antennas or satellite dishes on people's houses? Count the high voltage transformers on the power lines?
You will receive more RF radiation from your phone than a tower.
It pays to be closer to a tower since, when you are further away your phone ramps up in power in order to deal with the weaker signal.
So if you are closer to a tower the RF radiation from your phone will be much less.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2020, 10:59 PM   #130
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
You will receive more RF radiation from your phone than a tower.
It pays to be closer to a tower since, when you are further away your phone ramps up in power in order to deal with the weaker signal.
So if you are closer to a tower the RF radiation from your phone will be much less.
You simply repeating the propaganda and fake news encouraged by the Telco industry. Propaganda takes a true statement, like cell-phones decreasing their power when close to a tower, and then jumps to a false conclusion.

I have been through an analysis that shows how false your statement is. Try doing some science and using ALL the facts plus logic and reason. I also purchased an expensive meter from Germany to measure cell radiation and have taken various readings.

The bottom line is you are so wrong.

But God also does not want people to catch on, so he will encourage such false statements until it is too late. One of the things God wants is to discredit the "science" used by powerful industries and politicians for their own greedy motives. So keep on doing God's work.
Old 22nd April 2020, 11:43 PM   #131
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Of course, if this were true, it begs the question why god is so abysmally BAD at designing a disease?
I mean, if we put our minds to it (but no human has been shown to be that monstrous) we could create a disease that wipes out 80% of humanity.
Make its carriers non symptomatic transmitters for 1+ year or so after which it kills in a day or so.
And that is with the limitations of normal genetics.
A god could create that and let it rip.
Or just infect everyone at once.

But no, a disease with clear symptoms spread in a way that is possible to stop and most likely will have a vaccin within a year or so.
Yes, a lot of people will die and sure, there will be an economic impact, but your doom predictions seem to be wrong already. In Asia and Europe the spread seems contained and if the US were to get it's act together it could stop it too.

It seems that God is a little more intelligent than you. God has an agenda which is simple to state but takes a very clever implementation to achieve.

The agenda is: a) Decrease the world population b) Change society to recognize the wrong direction and become more spiritual.

Your simple solution would achieve the first part, and there are elements of it in Covid-19. But it would not change society. A few years ago I figured that in order to achieve a die-off the pathogen would have to spread widely and silently before activating. I had to use logic and guesswork because I was not given details. I did think that my experiences would give me some clues.

I suffered the long-term effects of systemic histoplasmosis (bat fungus in my blood stream) and my late wife died from the same thing. So I thought there might be a combination of fungus and virus that would spread.

But my experiences did not stop. When I suffered from a cell tower next to us and I learned from research just how slow and silent the damage is, I then thought that the die-off would be slow using degraded immune systems and the usual diseases like cancer, heart attack and others.

However, that would be too slow and there is no "message", so God is using a combination of disasters to communicate to the world that it must change. The corona virus is designed to have a number of clever effects.

It is a stealth virus in a number of ways, and so can spread fear and panic. Watch the documentary "Pandemic" which came out on Netflix on November 2019. It has a long incubation period and can spread in asymptomatic people. The US now suspects that people had died earlier than previously thought. Western governments miscalculated and were too sure that their advanced science would be able to deal with any sort of outbreak.

SARS, MERS and Ebola were intended to add to the sense of false security. The Great CDC and the WHO have had their "science" and their "scientists" discredited. The mask controversy also had a double achievement. It showed how governments and scientists lie and cannot be trusted, and it also allowed a wider spread of the virus.

The virus spread to the rich and powerful nations in a way that could not have been worse if planned. Actually it was planned - by God. The industrial hub of Italy, then Spain, the UK and the USA. China had shut itself down.

The timing was also designed to catch the world at a bad time economically. It has wreaked havoc with economies in ways that are still to be seen and felt. The world was beginning to slow down. The 2008 toxic debt had not been cleared and interest rates are at an all time low. The oil crisis then hits with nations unable to agree to cuts. Some nations (Venezuela and Nigeria for example) are going to see massive health problems due to collapsing economies.

The virus was also designed with another message - decreasing the population by targeting the old and the infirm. If an agency was to design a population decrease virus, that would be one of the key design criteria.

People are going to change their habits. Less spending and less waste. It has been demonstrated that climate change is possible if the short-term pain is accepted. More emphasis on charity. The financial inequality will decrease. Governments and secular institution are going to be seen as less powerful. People will turn to religion for answers.

And some may say God is punishing the world for it's greed and destruction of the planet. They may be right. Some children think their parents are hateful and nasty when they get punished. Some people think the same of God who is acting for the long term good of mankind.
Old 22nd April 2020, 11:55 PM   #132
EHocking
Philosopher

You simply repeating the propaganda and fake news encouraged by the Telco industry. Propaganda takes a true statement, like cell-phones decreasing their power when close to a tower, and then jumps to a false conclusion.

I have been through an analysis that shows how false your statement is. Try doing some science and using ALL the facts plus logic and reason. I also purchased an expensive meter from Germany to measure cell radiation and have taken various readings.

The bottom line is you are so wrong.

But God also does not want people to catch on, so he will encourage such false statements until it is too late. One of the things God wants is to discredit the "science" used by powerful industries and politicians for their own greedy motives. So keep on doing God's work.
Show me the science.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2020, 12:17 AM   #133
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

How exactly does god "encourage" such statements? Be specific. What precisely is he doing that makes EHocking more likely to "do God's work" by making such statements?
Old 23rd April 2020, 12:27 AM   #134
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Just picking one of the more ludicrous statements out of that screed:

The virus was also designed with another message - decreasing the population by targeting the old and the infirm. If an agency was to design a population decrease virus, that would be one of the key design criteria.
If a virus was deliberately engineered to decrease the population it would target the young and healthy before they reproduce. The most likely to be dead soon anyway, and unlikely to add to the population in the meantime, would be the last group to be targeted.

This is what happens when you make the vaguest of vague predictions, wait to see what actually happens, and then desperately try to retrofit it to match the prediction.

Last edited by Pixel42; 23rd April 2020 at 12:31 AM.
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2020, 02:28 AM   #135
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

It seems that God is a little more intelligent than you. God has an agenda which is simple to state but takes a very clever implementation to achieve.

The agenda is: a) Decrease the world population b) Change society to recognize the wrong direction and become more spiritual.

Your simple solution would achieve the first part, and there are elements of it in Covid-19. But it would not change society. A few years ago I figured that in order to achieve a die-off the pathogen would have to spread widely and silently before activating. I had to use logic and guesswork because I was not given details. I did think that my experiences would give me some clues.

I suffered the long-term effects of systemic histoplasmosis (bat fungus in my blood stream) and my late wife died from the same thing. So I thought there might be a combination of fungus and virus that would spread.

But my experiences did not stop. When I suffered from a cell tower next to us and I learned from research just how slow and silent the damage is, I then thought that the die-off would be slow using degraded immune systems and the usual diseases like cancer, heart attack and others.

However, that would be too slow and there is no "message", so God is using a combination of disasters to communicate to the world that it must change. The corona virus is designed to have a number of clever effects.

It is a stealth virus in a number of ways, and so can spread fear and panic. Watch the documentary "Pandemic" which came out on Netflix on November 2019. It has a long incubation period and can spread in asymptomatic people. The US now suspects that people had died earlier than previously thought. Western governments miscalculated and were too sure that their advanced science would be able to deal with any sort of outbreak.

SARS, MERS and Ebola were intended to add to the sense of false security. The Great CDC and the WHO have had their "science" and their "scientists" discredited. The mask controversy also had a double achievement. It showed how governments and scientists lie and cannot be trusted, and it also allowed a wider spread of the virus.

The virus spread to the rich and powerful nations in a way that could not have been worse if planned. Actually it was planned - by God. The industrial hub of Italy, then Spain, the UK and the USA. China had shut itself down.

The timing was also designed to catch the world at a bad time economically. It has wreaked havoc with economies in ways that are still to be seen and felt. The world was beginning to slow down. The 2008 toxic debt had not been cleared and interest rates are at an all time low. The oil crisis then hits with nations unable to agree to cuts. Some nations (Venezuela and Nigeria for example) are going to see massive health problems due to collapsing economies.

People are going to change their habits. Less spending and less waste. It has been demonstrated that climate change is possible if the short-term pain is accepted. More emphasis on charity. The financial inequality will decrease. Governments and secular institution are going to be seen as less powerful. People will turn to religion for answers.

And some may say God is punishing the world for it's greed and destruction of the planet. They may be right. Some children think their parents are hateful and nasty when they get punished. Some people think the same of God who is acting for the long term good of mankind.
The age-old interchangeability in terms, reading into a god's mind what is really only in (and on) your own. (Not to mention the requisite definition of possible outcomes of an event as always aims of an agency)

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2020, 03:32 AM   #136
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Was this expensive meter you bought designed, built and used by scientists?
Funny how apparently science can't be trusted until it suits your purposes, at which point it can.
Your entire narrative is a mass of contradictions, revealing just how much of it is simply self-aggrandisement backed up by confirmation bias.
Old 23rd April 2020, 04:05 AM   #137
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Ghost hunters buy expensive EMR meters too.

Cargo cult science at its finest.
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:06 AM   #138
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

If there were a god worth its salt and if such a god did not want the truth known, you would not be able to buy a meter that actually works. If such a god did exist and you'd somehow slipped through the cracks you'd be ill advised to broadcast it here.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:46 AM   #139
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Like trying to pin down jello (or jelly, take your pick).

Predicting that things will get worse is absurdly vague. If things get worse, I will assign precisely zero weight to the notion you have predictive abilities.

One thing worse than being unhinged from reality: being unhinged from reality and being lazy. Sharpen your pencil or something.

"various readings" ... wtf.
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:55 AM   #140
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Show me the science.
So easy to make fake statements, then put your feet up and say show me the science. I will give you a hint.

Look at the time slot given to each cell phone. Check the peak power. Work out the duration of exposure for one call based on a average number of minutes per call. Remember the phone broadcasts away from the body. Estimate a typical number of calls per day. Calculate the energy absorbed by the whole body per day.

Then look at a tower. How many antennae are on a typical tower. Each antennae works full time handling a number of cell phones. What is the radiated power for a 20 meter tower with non-directional antennae 10 meters away from the tower. Then calculate the energy absorbed by the body of a person who works from home for each 24 hour period.

Compare the two.

Now take into account the reflections and recombinations of waves as they bounce around the house giving standing waves and short peak energies in the body.

Or you could do an experiment. Put a person in the house next to the tower and observe the health problems. Using people for experiments is supposed to be illegal, yet that is what is being done.

Check the wavelengths for 3G and 4G and check the dimensions of a person's head. Then check the penetration. How does that compare with a rats head. Do you think one can extrapolate from rats to people?
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:04 AM   #141
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Ghost hunters buy expensive EMR meters too.

Cargo cult science at its finest.

I cannot believe you are trying to somehow discredit something as simple as a radio receiver with a defined bandwidth that can measure average radio power received and also peak radio power received.

You are trying to discrediting the scientists who study the effects of electrosmog. You discredit yourself by using such blatant smear tactics.

The Telcos flew in an engineer with two assistants to measure the radiation in various areas of our house and property using a very expensive and sophisticated spectrum analyzer. Guess what? He got the readings that were pretty much the same as what I got.

I thought the testing was going to be used to blind the judge with science but it had a more sinister motive - to hide the electric power bill for the illegal power-on using badly drawn graphs and perjury by company executives.
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:22 AM   #142
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I do not presume to know how to draw reliable conclusions from a bunch of measurements made with an EMR meter. And I'm a (retired) chartered engineer. I would need to do significant research, and ideally get appropriate training, before I was confident that I had sufficient understanding to extract meaning from such data.
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:23 AM   #143
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Just picking one of the more ludicrous statements out of that screed:

If a virus was deliberately engineered to decrease the population it would target the young and healthy before they reproduce. The most likely to be dead soon anyway, and unlikely to add to the population in the meantime, would be the last group to be targeted.

This is what happens when you make the vaguest of vague predictions, wait to see what actually happens, and then desperately try to retrofit it to match the prediction.
Let me be clear. The message I got from God was simple. I do not deny trying to figure out how he planned to do it. And how he planned to change peoples thinking. Somehow you think the message is somehow discredited by my own assumptions and guesswork and debate, even if it is informed by the psychic experiences I have had.

You want God to put his plan of action on stone tablets with exact and provable details. God does not care to prove himself. But he does want people to start becoming more moral and good - as various prophets have already laid out.

Most people (the masses who will want the change) are likely to accept simple logic. Like God wants the population reduced and he is hinting at that by reducing the sector that most needs reducing. I say that even though I am one of the vulnerable. And this is what atheists fear most - that the masses will want to appease God.

I am trying to say that part of God's message (gathered by the lessons of my experience) is that the religions MUST update and work together. The beliefs of atheists should not be the agenda to foment more strife and discord. It will boomerang.
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:26 AM   #144
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I do not presume to know how to draw reliable conclusions from a bunch of measurements made with an EMR meter. And I'm a (retired) chartered engineer. I would need to do significant research, and ideally get appropriate training, before I was confident that I had sufficient understanding to extract meaning from such data.

And I am an electrical engineer who has done radio emissions and susceptibility testing of electronic devices to get regulatory approval. I know the science and I know what I am doing and talking about. (Perhaps one of the reasons God chose me.)
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:37 AM   #145
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

And I am an electrical engineer who has done radio emissions and susceptibility testing of electronic devices to get regulatory approval. I know the science and I know what I am doing and talking about.
OK then, describe in detail the scientific chain of reasoning from

The reading I get on the meter is [X]

to

Cell phone radiation is causing my physical symptom [Y]
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:49 AM   #146
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Pardon me if I skip to the meat, having, I confess, not read all the nonsense here in detail. You say God does not want people to know the truth, but God has spoken to you and told you.

Might we ask what makes you so special? I mean, if you're the chosen messenger of God, what are you doing doodling around on a forum like this? Any messenger of God worth spit should be out in the world really doing stuff. We wouldn't be reading about you here. You'd be in the papers.

Popular accounts have Jesus sitting on an ass but it wasn't his own.

Old 23rd April 2020, 12:18 PM   #147
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Perhaps if you asked less obsequious people you would find them more observant.
I didn’t notice the either until they were everywhere and you can’t get away from them. I have darker ideas about them but part of there function is in powering the images you see in part
Old 23rd April 2020, 01:26 PM   #148
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Thanos, is that you?
Old 23rd April 2020, 04:49 PM   #149
EHocking
Philosopher

So easy to make fake statements, then put your feet up and say show me the science. I will give you a hint.

Look at the time slot given to each cell phone. Check the peak power. Work out the duration of exposure for one call based on a average number of minutes per call. Remember the phone broadcasts away from the body. Estimate a typical number of calls per day. Calculate the energy absorbed by the whole body per day.

Then look at a tower. How many antennae are on a typical tower. Each antennae works full time handling a number of cell phones. What is the radiated power for a 20 meter tower with non-directional antennae 10 meters away from the tower. Then calculate the energy absorbed by the body of a person who works from home for each 24 hour period.

Compare the two.

Now take into account the reflections and recombinations of waves as they bounce around the house giving standing waves and short peak energies in the body.

Or you could do an experiment. Put a person in the house next to the tower and observe the health problems. Using people for experiments is supposed to be illegal, yet that is what is being done.

Check the wavelengths for 3G and 4G and check the dimensions of a person's head. Then check the penetration. How does that compare with a rats head. Do you think one can extrapolate from rats to people?
I certainly agree with your first statement.

So you have no science to back you claims just personal conjecture?
Old 23rd April 2020, 10:40 PM   #150
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

This is not a derail of my own thread. It is part of my history of why I know a lot of things - by experience.

I see Trump is saying that one could perhaps inject disinfectant into people to kill the virus. And doctors are astounded.

A few years ago in order to try to kill the fungus I have inside me I tried intravenous hydrogen peroxide - a bleaching agent and powerful disinfectant. I did it twice. I had the typical Herxheimer reactions afterward - as the body detoxifies, it is not uncommon to experience flu-like symptoms including headache, joint and muscle pain, body aches, sore throat, general malaise, sweating, chills, nausea or other symptoms

Using a dark field microscope on live blood one can see the fungus in the blood and watch the platelets clot.

Hydrogen peroxide is what the enzymes produce to give to the killer cells which squirt it onto the foreign cell to kill it. Raising the body temperature with a fever, or outside forcing is necessary for the enzymes to produce hydrogen peroxide.

Do you see how many unusual events I have been through to gain knowledge?
Old 23rd April 2020, 10:54 PM   #151
Mojo
Mostly harmless

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:13 PM   #152
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Thanos, is that you?
No. It is your worst fears realized. It it real life.
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:46 PM   #153
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

OK then, describe in detail the scientific chain of reasoning from

The reading I get on the meter is [X]

to

Cell phone radiation is causing my physical symptom [Y]
Very well put. You have a talent for being able to make an issue crisp and clear (only at times, I would add ).

My answer is: by scientific observation and deduction.

I spent 18 months in different levels of radiation with various periods of high and low radiation. There was a clear link between the radiation and the harmful effect and the lack of radiation and the slow disappearance (not all the time) of the effect. The whole study would take a long time to detail, and to explain why it is not psychosomatic, or other effects. Mostly I used the cause and effect method, and confirmed the link by repeated observations, and also repeated observations under varying conditions. The linkage is obvious to any person.

If you dismiss any study not done by a university or accredited institution then you will no doubt dismiss my study. That does not falsify any of what I have observed or my conclusions. What it does do is say that it is very suspicious that there are no such studies being done.

The universities and institutions know (see the story of Henry Lai from 1994) that they will be defunded and attacked if they were to do such a study. You do realize that science has a long way to go to be able to scientifically test whether a person is actually in pain or is faking it. The only scientifically testable effect was the diarrhea (3 weeks) I experienced because it would show no pathogens that were causing it. I did have a sample tested and it was indeed negative.

I have proposed a test but no-one wants to draw an attack upon themselves. I have seen the reactions of medical teaching professionals when I mention it. They agree that I am onto something, then get reluctant to get into it any further.

By your standards, you will not accept that there is a link. The Telcos rely on people like you to discredit any anecdotal evidence. They particularly do not want a gathering of anecdotal cases which might be construed as an scientific epidemiological study which shows a possible link.

It took a long time for tobacco to be shown to be causing cancer. A twenty year delay. Do you credit science with being currently so advanced as to be able to able to show a link with electrosmog especially when the mechanism is understood but is so complex that they use cancer is used as the marker for DNA damage in lab experiments.

The cell damage and DNA damage at various levels is well documented in thousands to studies. But the industries have learned from history and they employ thousands of people and many companies to mount disinformation campaigns. They have made a science and an industry out of this. Read the book "Merchants of Doubt". This forum is a willing partner of that industry and has thrown skepticism of the industry to the wind. They attack credible people like me.

Do you want some clear examples of cause and effect so you can try and pull them apart? We do them one at a time and I can give you quite a few so eventually your explanations of "coincidence" begin to wane thin.
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:49 PM   #154
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I certainly agree with your first statement.

So you have no science to back you claims just personal conjecture?

You are a lazy dispenser of personal and fake opinions. I just gave you the science. You can look up the values and the formulae.
Old 24th April 2020, 12:10 AM   #155
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Exactly the combination of handwaving and anecdote I expected, and would also get if I asked a ghost hunter to give me the chain of scientific reasoning from "The reading on my meter is [X]" to "There is a ghost present in this room". Like I said, cargo cult science at its finest.

You have no more understanding of the process by which scientific knowledge is gained than those Pacific Islanders had of the process by which cargo is produced and transported. As also demonstrated in your other post, in response to which I can only echo Mojo's
Old 24th April 2020, 12:30 AM   #156
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Pardon me if I skip to the meat, having, I confess, not read all the nonsense here in detail. You say God does not want people to know the truth, but God has spoken to you and told you.

Might we ask what makes you so special? I mean, if you're the chosen messenger of God, what are you doing doodling around on a forum like this? Any messenger of God worth spit should be out in the world really doing stuff. We wouldn't be reading about you here. You'd be in the papers.

Popular accounts have Jesus sitting on an ass but it wasn't his own.

Good question and I have answered it a number of times.

Firstly I am no "messenger" or prophet in the category of the historical ones. So I do not need to be riding any "ass" anywhere or anytime. Comparing me in order to be able to heap scorn on me is a typical tactic of most atheists and it does not bother me.

I am a scientific observer privileged to be able to see the Truth of our existence, and to be able to share that with others. How much of an impact it will have will be determined by events in the years and decades ahead.

God does not work by giving anyone clear and detailed information. Even the great prophets (like Jesus and Muhammad) had to work things out, with God giving guidance. This is so as to have "plausible deniability" as to his existence. Even with the many psychic events I have had, I am not 100% certain about any of it. I assign a high probability to them being supernatural because of the circumstances and my state of mind at the time.

Although God does not want to give certain proof of his existence does not mean he does not want to give strong hints as to his existence, and strong hints as to what he expects.

The question I ask myself frequently is also "Why me?" I get embarrassed when ever I have been praised for an achievement. In school I was teased for being so bright, and the teachers accused me openly of cheating in the school exams. They said it was impossible for anyone to get the high marks I did without having seen the exam paper before hand.

I have excellent genes so I am a high achiever academically and physically. I have (much reduced now by brain shrinkage and electrosmog) memory. I was not only in the top of a really bright class but I got recognition and awards for swimming and baseball.

My abilities to analyze facts from a memorized textbook were fantastic enough that I could skip University lectures for the year and then learn the textbook the night before the exam and get a good pass. I was not motivated to excel which I could have done had I applied myself.

God seems to have taken me as able to analyze the experiences he put me through and make sense of them. He also knew I would be able to defend the eventual hypothesis in any forum, particularly a scientific forum. He knew I would be able to grasp the significance and the danger of electrosmog. He let me go through being a hard atheist to an agnostic and then accept the probability of his existence.

I have the ability to write a book and to detail the hypothesis and tie it into the experiences. I do not have the resources to get the book professionally edited or marketed but I learn from my mistakes. And I accept that God controls the timing. So when I get the second part properly done and marketed it should be successful. People will want to know what God's part in this disaster is and why.

I wanted to remain anonymous but it seems God does not want that. So I will publish under my own name. It still may not get traction. God chose someone who is not a quitter unless it is obvious I cannot win. I accept I might be wrong. That is another reason for choosing me. I see both sides of any argument even if I chose one side.

The reason I am on a forum like this is to refine the hypothesis and be able to defend it when (maybe if) the book gets traction. I have discovered that God works by giving me answers and ideas and guiding me by having a person or a book at the right time shape my hypothesis. For example, I meet a person in an airport while waiting for the next flight and they tell me personal stories of being in India at an Ashram. Another chance meeting was a person telling about going to India to spread the Gospel and having a statue tell them that Christianity is not the only true religion.

So give it time. This is a work in progress. You are part of it.
Old 24th April 2020, 12:31 AM   #157
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Exactly the combination of handwaving and anecdote I expected, and would also get if I asked a ghost hunter to give me the chain of scientific reasoning from "The reading on my meter is [X]" to "There is a ghost present in this room". Like I said, cargo cult science at its finest.

You have no more understanding of the process by which scientific knowledge is gained than those Pacific Islanders had of the process by which cargo is produced and transported. As also demonstrated in your other post, in response to which I can only echo Mojo's

Exactly the answer I predicted.
Old 24th April 2020, 12:56 AM   #158
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Do you want some clear examples of cause and effect so you can try and pull them apart? We do them one at a time and I can give you quite a few so eventually your explanations of "coincidence" begin to wane thin.
Pointless, as you well know, in the absence of a control baseline establishing how often such coincidences might be expected to occur by chance, and careful records showing an actual rate of occurrence which is significantly greater.

Quote:
The cell damage and DNA damage at various levels is well documented in thousands to studies.
Instead, how about links to, say, five of these "thousands" of scientific studies which demonstrate that non-ionising radiation can damage cells and DNA at levels lower than those required to actually cook flesh, i.e. at the levels given out by cell towers?
Old 24th April 2020, 02:14 AM   #159
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

How much of an impact it will have will be determined by events in the years and decades ahead.
We don't need to wait.

Nobody cared about your 'predictions' in the past,
Nobody cares about your 'predictions' right now,
Nobody will care about your 'predictions' in the future.
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 03:41 AM   #160
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
We don't need to wait.

Nobody cared about your 'predictions' in the past,
Nobody cares about your 'predictions' right now,
Nobody will care about your 'predictions' in the future.

And I do not care that you do not care.

Why bother to visit this site and why bother to post? Do you feel more important now that you have offered your nuggets of wisdom?

I have had people shake their heads in the past when I insisted I was right despite being told I was talking "nonsense" by experts in different situations. I have always been proved right - and the experts were left shaking their heads in disbelief.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories