ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Old 24th April 2020, 03:55 AM   #161
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

The complexity of the world escapes many people who think humankind can deal with any type of problem and solve them with science. Here is an example:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52399373
The global health of insect populations is far more complicated than previously thought, new data suggests.
Previous research indicated an alarming decline in numbers in all parts of world, with losses of up to 25% per decade.
This new study, the largest carried out to date, says the picture is more complex and varied.
Land-dwelling insects are definitely declining the authors say, while bugs living in freshwater are increasing.

They might be missing a key component because of the propaganda. That of electrosmog which does not operate in water. The reason for the water bugs increasing is given as better quality of water. While that might be true, it also might only be a part of the reason.

This complexity is what the Telcos rely upon. Easy answers - like power line health harm cases are increased, not because of emfs, but because the people are poorer. Nice get out of jail free card. They do not rely upon studies as most people here insist on but by appeal to authority. Which is the cry I hear so often on this site.

The Telcos do not bother to do comparative studies between poor power line groups and poor non-power line groups because their propaganda machine is so effective. One can disprove a dozen such Telco myths by scientific analysis and studies but the disproofs get no traction. It is all about swaying public opinion to have people think such activists are tin-foil crackpots. And I can see the Telco myths being trotted out here as if it were the gospel truth.

One has to ask who are the gullible yokels who could not be bothered to research the truth for themselves?
Old 24th April 2020, 04:00 AM   #162
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
And I do not care that you do not care.

Who cares...

Why bother to visit this site and why bother to post? Do you feel more important now that you have offered your nuggets of wisdom?
Do I have to explain the concept of a public discussion forum? It sure looks like it

I have had people shake their heads in the past when I insisted I was right despite being told I was talking "nonsense" by experts in different situations. I have always been proved right - and the experts were left shaking their heads in disbelief.
Please show.
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 06:24 AM   #163
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

The corona virus seems to be a) targeting the old and the infirm and b) hitting the Western tech areas more than most.

I have said this can be taken as a "hint" that God is unhappy about over-population (but it also unhappy about the military industrial complex, and greed).The country most responsible for toxins, pollution (often shipped to third world countries) and global warming is the USA, and it is taking a beating. And it is the country that should be leading in finding solutions to global warming and over-population.

Assume for a few seconds you are God, who wants humankind to take note of the hint about over-population. Which areas and which population sectors would you target? And why?

Note that it is not at all the default that the old and infirm are have the worst death rates. The Spanish Flu targeted young men in their prime. The "hint" was that God was unhappy about war.

Until recently, most people have assumed that any pandemic would ravage the poor slums and "clean up" the world. That may still happen, but the initial hint is to the Western elite that God is not happy.

If you want God to be more direct and tell humankind in no uncertain terms what he wants then you will be sorely disappointed. It is like a marriage to some women. You get the idea they are very unhappy but they want you to figure out why.
BTW - Please don't label me as misogynistic and call the PC police. Men and women behave quite differently in a marriage. Is gender based violence committed by both sexes equally? Not that I am aware of. I may be out of date because gender based issues were much more differentiated a few decades ago.
Old 24th April 2020, 06:28 AM   #164
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
(snip)

Please show.

Why bother? I made a statement. Take it or leave it. I am not here to try to convince you. Just to get feedback. I will do so in the book I am trying to finish. You can read it then. If it gets publicity then no doubt a lot of people will be trying to check my facts, and they will not find I am wrong.
Old 24th April 2020, 07:07 AM   #165
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The complexity of the world escapes many people who think humankind can deal with any type of problem and solve them with science religion.

FTFY

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 07:09 AM   #166
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

@PartSkeptic You've often asked us what it would take to convince us you're right and we've told you (a prediction hit rate signficantly better than chance, in case you've forgotten) so let me turn the question around for once: what would it take to convince you you're wrong? That god isn't sending you messages? it really was just years of confirmation bias, and vastly underestimating the likelihood that coincidences will occur?

Give us one or more scenarios for the next, say, two years (or five, or however many you think you need) which, if it unfolded, would make you conclude that you had indeed been fooling yourself. Note that, if the answer is "nothing could happen that would convince me I'm wrong", you are pretty much outing yourself as deluded.

How's the box building going, btw? Ready for your first dry run yet?
Old 24th April 2020, 07:32 AM   #167
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

Why bother? I made a statement. Take it or leave it. I am not here to try to convince you. Just to get feedback. I will do so in the book I am trying to finish. You can read it then. If it gets publicity then no doubt a lot of people will be trying to check my facts, and they will not find I am wrong.
Ah, a classic from the woo slingers playbook:

When in doubt, remove yourself from responsibility as much as possible. A nice "I just made a statement" or, the evergreen "I'm just asking questions" will never go out of fashion.
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 07:40 AM   #168
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The cell damage and DNA damage at various levels is well documented in thousands to studies.

That’s good: it means you’ll be able to provide references to them to back up your claims.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 08:38 AM   #169
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It seems a teeny weeny bit ironic that a person who claims to be in touch with God, the ultimate simplifier of everything, provider of short cut answers that short circuit investigation, should be complaining that the inability to unravel the vast complexity of the world is a fault of science.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 10:14 AM   #170
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Good question and I have answered it a number of times.

Firstly I am no "messenger" or prophet in the category of the historical ones. So I do not need to be riding any "ass" anywhere or anytime. Comparing me in order to be able to heap scorn on me is a typical tactic of most atheists and it does not bother me.

I am a scientific observer privileged to be able to see the Truth of our existence, and to be able to share that with others. How much of an impact it will have will be determined by events in the years and decades ahead.

God does not work by giving anyone clear and detailed information. Even the great prophets (like Jesus and Muhammad) had to work things out, with God giving guidance. This is so as to have "plausible deniability" as to his existence. Even with the many psychic events I have had, I am not 100% certain about any of it. I assign a high probability to them being supernatural because of the circumstances and my state of mind at the time.

Although God does not want to give certain proof of his existence does not mean he does not want to give strong hints as to his existence, and strong hints as to what he expects.

The question I ask myself frequently is also "Why me?" I get embarrassed when ever I have been praised for an achievement. In school I was teased for being so bright, and the teachers accused me openly of cheating in the school exams. They said it was impossible for anyone to get the high marks I did without having seen the exam paper before hand.

I have excellent genes so I am a high achiever academically and physically. I have (much reduced now by brain shrinkage and electrosmog) memory. I was not only in the top of a really bright class but I got recognition and awards for swimming and baseball.

My abilities to analyze facts from a memorized textbook were fantastic enough that I could skip University lectures for the year and then learn the textbook the night before the exam and get a good pass. I was not motivated to excel which I could have done had I applied myself.

God seems to have taken me as able to analyze the experiences he put me through and make sense of them. He also knew I would be able to defend the eventual hypothesis in any forum, particularly a scientific forum. He knew I would be able to grasp the significance and the danger of electrosmog. He let me go through being a hard atheist to an agnostic and then accept the probability of his existence.

I have the ability to write a book and to detail the hypothesis and tie it into the experiences. I do not have the resources to get the book professionally edited or marketed but I learn from my mistakes. And I accept that God controls the timing. So when I get the second part properly done and marketed it should be successful. People will want to know what God's part in this disaster is and why.

I wanted to remain anonymous but it seems God does not want that. So I will publish under my own name. It still may not get traction. God chose someone who is not a quitter unless it is obvious I cannot win. I accept I might be wrong. That is another reason for choosing me. I see both sides of any argument even if I chose one side.

The reason I am on a forum like this is to refine the hypothesis and be able to defend it when (maybe if) the book gets traction. I have discovered that God works by giving me answers and ideas and guiding me by having a person or a book at the right time shape my hypothesis. For example, I meet a person in an airport while waiting for the next flight and they tell me personal stories of being in India at an Ashram. Another chance meeting was a person telling about going to India to spread the Gospel and having a statue tell them that Christianity is not the only true religion.

So give it time. This is a work in progress. You are part of it.
Yikes. I think my laptop screen actually bulged out a little from all the pandering self-praise in that post. Say, PS, just curious- do you have doctors come up to you all the time and ask "sir, how do you know so much?" I mean, it's like you really get it, maybe you have a natural ability.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 10:29 AM   #171
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Yikes. I think my laptop screen actually bulged out a little from all the pandering self-praise in that post. Say, PS, just curious- do you have doctors come up to you all the time and ask "sir, how do you know so much?" I mean, it's like you really get it, maybe you have a natural ability.
Grandeur isn't the only delusion.

Witch doctors.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 03:40 PM   #172
Hans
Philosopher

They attack credible people like me.
Ah dude you are not at all or in any way 'credible', remember we had a little talk about that when you were caught in a very large lie.

Remember, or did god cleanse your mind of that sin?

LOL
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2020, 03:47 PM   #173
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Assume for a few seconds you are God, who wants humankind to take note of the hint about over-population. Which areas and which population sectors would you target? And why
If I was that much of an ******* god, I’d get rid of those who are at all their reproductive prime. It would be incredibley stupid to kill off the near dead. Seriously, get over your self, this is getting boring
Old 24th April 2020, 03:58 PM   #174
EHocking
Philosopher

You are a lazy dispenser of personal and fake opinions. I just gave you the science. You can look up the values and the formulae.
What science?
The only vaguely sciencey thing in your response to me was “ I also purchased an expensive meter from Germany to measure cell radiation and have taken various readings.”.

To quote someone who’s opinion you put great store in, “You are a lazy dispenser of personal and fake opinions.”
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 12:23 AM   #175
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
@PartSkeptic (snip)

How's the box building going, btw? Ready for your first dry run yet?

I will answer the first part in another post. It is an excellent question and it needs a thoughtful and longish answer.

We are in lock-down and I must buy the board from a store. Please keep prodding me on this one.

I think it is important despite all the pressure I have. I am trying to re-assemble the Jacuzzi I brought over from the other house and the location and drainage needs quite a bit of work.

I also have to bring the house that we sold up to electrical compliance standard to get the certificate. I am dreading working there because of the radiation. Some of the work is in the roof where the radiation is almost double the 3,000 because of all the aluminium foil have on the ceiling.
Old 25th April 2020, 12:32 AM   #176
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
You asked why I have been singled out. How else do I tell you about my abilities? I am not bragging - just giving you the facts. Most people who are in the very top percentile intellectually and physically are usually admired even when they talk about themselves and their life. You use my post to sneer and scoff. Why?

Being "selected" by God was not something people would wish for. I have been "blessed" with an interesting life - (actually a Chinese curse). Many of the "lessons" meant I had to endure extreme pain, physically and mentally, as well as having very high highs and very low lows. People who knew me expressed amazement that every week I had tales of some unusual event (many not spiritual) where I learned about life and people.
Old 25th April 2020, 12:40 AM   #177
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
That’s good: it means you’ll be able to provide references to them to back up your claims.
I have done so in another thread. No need to repeat myself.

I have to now go and get some work done outside. Beautiful day in Joburg. I feel good to see how wonderful a world we have. I enjoy every day as if it were my last because it just may be. The colors, the scenery, the birds and indeed everything.

It seems the only spoiler is that there are humans who prey on others and have no morality. We have well-paid councilors that are stealing food parcels intended for the poor. Never mind that 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean may be deemed a good start by some, perhaps politicians should be among them. Oh right - many politicians start out as lawyers. There are some decent lawyers but not many in my experiences.
Old 25th April 2020, 01:24 AM   #178
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I have done so in another thread. No need to repeat myself.
I may be having a senior moment, but the only paper I remember being discussed in previous threads is the thoroughly debunked one on rats.

I could go searching through the old threads again, but I'm sure you've got the links at your fingertips so please spare me the effort and post them. Just the 5 most convincing papers demonstrating damage to cells and/or DNA from non-ionising radiation at lower than cooking levels, from the thousands that you claim exist, will do. Pretty please with sugar on.
Old 25th April 2020, 02:03 AM   #179
Mojo
Mostly harmless

You asked why I have been singled out. How else do I tell you about my abilities? I am not bragging - just giving you the facts. Most people who are in the very top percentile intellectually and physically are usually admired even when they talk about themselves and their life.

Kruger and Dunning have established that most people who think they’re in the very top percentile aren’t.

Old 25th April 2020, 02:24 AM   #180
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

You asked why I have been singled out. How else do I tell you about my abilities? I am not bragging - just giving you the facts. Most people who are in the very top percentile intellectually and physically are usually admired even when they talk about themselves and their life. You use my post to sneer and scoff. Why?

Being "selected" by God was not something people would wish for. I have been "blessed" with an interesting life - (actually a Chinese curse). Many of the "lessons" meant I had to endure extreme pain, physically and mentally, as well as having very high highs and very low lows. People who knew me expressed amazement that every week I had tales of some unusual event (many not spiritual) where I learned about life and people.
Nothing you have posted suggests you are in the top percentile intellectually. You post debunked conspiracy theories, claim a god is talking to you but give nothing be either failed or non-convincing 'predictions' and have claimed to inject yourself with hydrogenperoxide, which is a suicidal and stupid thing to do.
The more you post, the more I feel you are in desperate need of psychiatric help.
Lukraak_Sisser is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 03:10 AM   #181
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

The world is threatened not only by the virus but by other social problems. These interact and multiply. I would say the collapse will be less than 5 years - but that is a guess based on the logic that if God exists he needs to do this pretty much in one go. There may be short periods (6 months for example) of temporary relief so people can assess the situation and then the next problem will start.

For those who do not believe in God, then one can assume that the long run of "good" conditions in the past 70 years has run out and humankind will endure typical "petrie dish" conditions. It does not need a message from God to say that chaos breeds more chaos, and that one disaster following another is typical evolutionary behavior.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...184116164.html

It says the number of people who cannot get enough to eat could double by the end of the year - that is more than quarter of a billion people.
Some 21,000 people already die of hunger every day, and that number could soar if people do not get help.
Food supplies are limited by lockdowns and people's incomes are drying up. Poor countries affected by conflict, economic crisis and climate change are particularly at risk.
The UN says this could drive a wave of refugees and threatens an exponential rise in social unrest.
Old 25th April 2020, 03:17 AM   #182
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I may be having a senior moment, but the only paper I remember being discussed in previous threads is the thoroughly debunked one on rats.

I could go searching through the old threads again, but I'm sure you've got the links at your fingertips so please spare me the effort and post them. Just the 5 most convincing papers demonstrating damage to cells and/or DNA from non-ionising radiation at lower than cooking levels, from the thousands that you claim exist, will do. Pretty please with sugar on.

For you, yes I will.

I think I was off this thread by the time I was really doing a lot of research.

Will do so later. Just taking a break from physical work.
Old 25th April 2020, 03:22 AM   #183
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The world is threatened not only by the virus but by other social problems. These interact and multiply. I would say the collapse will be less than 5 years - but that is a guess based on the logic that if God exists he needs to do this pretty much in one go. There may be short periods (6 months for example) of temporary relief so people can assess the situation and then the next problem will start.

For those who do not believe in God, then one can assume that the long run of "good" conditions in the past 70 years has run out and humankind will endure typical "petrie dish" conditions. It does not need a message from God to say that chaos breeds more chaos, and that one disaster following another is typical evolutionary behavior.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...184116164.html

It says the number of people who cannot get enough to eat could double by the end of the year - that is more than quarter of a billion people.
Some 21,000 people already die of hunger every day, and that number could soar if people do not get help.
Food supplies are limited by lockdowns and people's incomes are drying up. Poor countries affected by conflict, economic crisis and climate change are particularly at risk.
The UN says this could drive a wave of refugees and threatens an exponential rise in social unrest.

“Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being.” - George Carlin.

Old 25th April 2020, 03:30 AM   #184
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Kruger and Dunning have established that most people who think they’re in the very top percentile aren’t.
And you think that proves I am not in the top percentile?

I look at my ability to pass exams and my ability to solve problems in a way that others either could not or thought was impossible.

I have taken intelligence tests as well. I will post one intelligence test that I took when I was about 50 years of age and less than my peak at 38 years of age. I was told it was an open-ended test in that it was impossible for anyone to get the maximum number correct. Yet I did. You can try it yourself, or get experts to assess it. I must just find it and put it on Google drive with a link.

Scoff all you like. Now that my intelligence quota is decreasing, I am aware of how other people function. I used to be baffled by why others could not understand concepts I found simple.

In the last six months, I have started to experience pareidolia, something I never did before. I was told (by Pixel42 for example) that everyone has such experiences so I am not "everyone".

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 25th April 2020 at 03:31 AM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 03:50 AM   #185
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
(snip) have claimed to inject yourself with hydrogenperoxide, which is a suicidal and stupid thing to do.
(snip)
The medical fraternity have no answers to disseminated histoplasmosis and taking the medicine (itraconazole) will eventually kill me (liver damage), yet I cannot stop because doing so causes it to spread internally and cause serious internal inflammation.

So I did a lot of research and before I took the hydrogen peroxide intravenously I also researched that. It was done under doctors supervision at an approved medical clinic and many people had been using it for years. No risk. I did it twice before assessing that it would not work long term.

You assume I am stupid because it suits your beliefs to do so. So you re-word my post in the worst way and attack your own straw-man. Heaven forbid that a highly intelligent man believes that God it more probable than not. You think that only stupid people believe that - meaning you assess yourself as intelligent - right?
Old 25th April 2020, 05:06 AM   #186
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster

The world is threatened not only by the virus but by other social problems. These interact and multiply. I would say the collapse will be less than 5 years - but that is a guess based on the logic that if God exists he needs to do this pretty much in one go. [/i]
This 'god' thing you speak of is not very forward thinking, nor powerful. Basically, a poor designer and planner. It is a reactionary being with a lot of limitations. Sounds downright human!
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 05:30 AM   #187
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Intelligence may be a necessary condition for mastering a complex subject, but it is not a sufficient one. You also need to do the work. Sometimes intelligence can actually impede mastery if its possessor assumes it also conveys superior intuitive understanding, especially in cases where intuition tends to give you the wrong answer (e.g. probability theory and agent detection).
Old 25th April 2020, 07:57 AM   #188
Mojo
Mostly harmless

And you think that proves I am not in the top percentile?

No, but for that we’ve got the evidence of what you have posted in this forum. Not only the sort of stuff pointed out by Lukraak Sisser above, but also obvious falsehoods like your claim that a law report said, in full, “In an unusual case, the discretion of a judge on costs was overturned.”

Like Chicolini, you’re asking us, “who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

Old 25th April 2020, 08:24 AM   #189
Hans
Philosopher

Being "selected" by God was not something people would wish for. I have been "blessed" with an interesting life - (actually a Chinese curse).
Hmmmm I just spoke with God and he says he's not talking to you.

How do you explain that?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 09:52 AM   #190
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Hmmmm I just spoke with God and he says he's not talking to you.

How do you explain that?
My god isn't even talking to yours. How do you explain that?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 09:58 AM   #191
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
They should have returned the lawnmower!
Old 25th April 2020, 11:02 AM   #192
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

God helps me because people like you prompt me to do some work. In trying to find the best 5 papers, I was re-organising and re-reading some material I had. That prompted me to Google some of the sources and people to see what would come up.

And through skimming and noticing little references that seemed interesting I came up with a couple of what I found for you. The first one does the mathematics on standing waves which I mentioned, and references Dr Palls work on calcium ion channels.

The first one was this one:
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep14914.pdf
Polarization: A Key Difference between Man-made and Natural Electromagnetic Fields, in regard to Biological Activity Dimitris J. J. Panagopoulos.
...A large and increasing number of studies during the past few decades have indicated a variety of adverse biological effects to be triggered by exposure to man-made EMFs, especially of radio frequency (RF)/microwaves, and extremely low frequency (ELF). The recorded biological effects range from alterations in the synthesis rates and intracellular concentrations of different biomolecules, to DNA and protein damage, which may result in cell death, reproductive declines, or even cancer. Under the weight of this evidence the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified both ELF magnetic fields and RF EMFs as possibly carcinogenic to humans. The intensities of radiation and durations of exposure in all these studies were significantly smaller than those of corresponding exposures from natural EMFs in the terrestrial environment. Moreover, the field intensities applied in the studies were several orders of magnitude smaller than physiological fields in cell membranes, or fields generated by nerve and muscle excitations.
...As is evident from the described mechanism, the field does not gate the channel by forces exerted directly on the channel sensors. It would take a field on the order of the transmembrane field (106–107 V/m) for that. It is the mediation of the oscillating free ions in close proximity to the S4 channel sensors that allows such weak fields to be able to exert the necessary forces to gate the channel.Thus, ELF electric fields emitted by mobile phones and base stations stronger than 0.0004 V/m are also potentially able to disrupt the function of any living cell. This ELF intensity value is emitted by regular cell phones at distances up to a few meters and base stations at distances up to a few hundred meters. For N number of mobile telephony antennas vertically oriented, the last value is divided by N (according to Eq. 19) at locations of constructive interference.

I also came across this 2020 article on EHS which is a scientific paper on the symptoms and the field strengths/durations I listed as personal observations - and also references the fact that my underlying histoplasmosis issues probably make me more sensitive. It shows the scientific tests that are available that I was not aware of (thanks for prompting me - I will give this one to my GP and my neurologist). Note the debunking of psychosomatic and nocebo myths.

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/21/6/1915
Electrohypersensitivity as a Newly Identified and Characterized Neurologic Pathological Disorder: How to Diagnose, Treat, and Prevent It
...Altogether, these data strongly suggest that EHS is a neurologic
pathological disorder which can be diagnosed, treated, and prevented. Because EHS is becoming a new insidious worldwide plague involving millions of people, we ask the World Health Organization (WHO) to include EHS as a neurologic disorder in the international classification of diseases.
...Symptoms in patients with EHS were compared with those from a series of apparently healthy control subjects that showed no clinical evidence of EHS and/or MCS. As indicated in the table, EHS is characterized by the occurrence of neurologic symptoms including headache, tinnitus, hyperacusis, dizziness, balance disorder, superficial and/or deep sensibility abnormalities, fibromyalgia, vegetative nerve dysfunction, and reduced cognitive capability, including immediate memory loss, attention–concentration deficiency, and eventually tempo-spatial confusion. These symptoms were associated with chronic insomnia, fatigue, and depressive tendency, in addition to emotional lability and sometimes irritability. A major observation is that symptoms were repeatedly reported by the patients to occur each time they reported being exposed to presumably EMF sources, even of weak intensity, and to regress or even disappear after they left these presumed sources. With the exception of arthralgia and emotivity, which were observed at a similar frequency range in the control group, all clinical symptoms occurring in EHS patients were found to be significantly much more frequent than those in apparently normal controls.
...On the basis of previously published experimental data, we selected and identified several biomarkers in the peripheral blood and urine of EHS and/or MCS patients which can allow physicians to objectively characterize EHS and MCS as true somatic pathological disorders, discounting the hypothesis that EHS and MCS could be caused by a psychosomatic or nocebo-related process.

But the die-hards on this forum will no doubt reach deep to discredit these so that they can discredit me. Here is a example of my predictions starting to be supported by science. I was 12 months ahead of reading this article.
Old 25th April 2020, 11:22 AM   #193
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

The previous articles had good references. You can follow them if you have the interest and the time. I will give you a couple more. But here is a quick one.

You have to ask why none of these get traction in the popular press.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...991?via%3Dihub
...The number of studies showing adverse effects on living organisms induced by different types of man-made Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) has increased tremendously. Hundreds of peer reviewed published studies show a variety of effects, the most important being DNA damage which is linked to cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, reproductive declines etc.
Old 25th April 2020, 11:28 AM   #194
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Intelligence may be a necessary condition for mastering a complex subject, but it is not a sufficient one. You also need to do the work. Sometimes intelligence can actually impede mastery if its possessor assumes it also conveys superior intuitive understanding, especially in cases where intuition tends to give you the wrong answer (e.g. probability theory and agent detection).

I whole-heartily agree. Except for what seems your implication that I have a problem in this respect. Which is also why my many personal experiences have qualified me - in engineering, in law, in business, in psychic, religion and relationships. Master of many.

I have worked damn hard most of my life, despite playing hard at times also. My patent and discoveries required testing and lab work that Edison would have been proud of.
Old 25th April 2020, 11:31 AM   #195
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Re: microwaves. Ever gone to a grocery store? Ever wondered why the doors automatically open? Ever been killed by going through the door? I’m sorry you have health problems, but you should try to find and address the real cause with a medical provider
Old 25th April 2020, 02:10 PM   #196
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The previous articles had good references. You can follow them if you have the interest and the time. I will give you a couple more. But here is a quick one.

You have to ask why none of these get traction in the popular press.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...991?via%3Dihub
...The number of studies showing adverse effects on living organisms induced by different types of man-made Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) has increased tremendously. Hundreds of peer reviewed published studies show a variety of effects, the most important being DNA damage which is linked to cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, reproductive declines etc.
I thought it was thousands?

I did a search of pubmed earlier for non-ionising radiation. A quick scan through the first few pages (sorted by best match) got to about 150 before I started to get as many irrelevant ones as relevant, so I guess hundreds may be accurate.

Clicking on a few at random I found both positive and negative conclusions being reported. I could cherry pick a few like this one ...

Mobile phone base stations and well-being--A meta-analysis.

Quote:
It is unclear whether electromagnetic fields emitted by mobile phone base stations affect well-being in adults. The existing studies on this topic are highly inconsistent. In the current paper we attempt to clarify this question by carrying out a meta-analysis which is based on the results of 17 studies. Double-blind studies found no effects on human well-being. By contrast, field or unblinded studies clearly showed that there were indeed effects. This provides evidence that at least some effects are based on a nocebo effect. Whether there is an influence of electromagnetic fields emitted by mobile phone base stations thus depends on a person's knowledge about the presence of the presumed cause. Taken together, the results of the meta-analysis show that the effects of mobile phone base stations seem to be rather unlikely. However, nocebo effects occur.

… to counter the ones you cherry picked, but what would that prove? Nothing.

I simply do not have the necessary knowledge and experience to judge whether concern is justified or not. I'm glad that the research is being done, and await the verdict of the experts that do.
Old 25th April 2020, 02:38 PM   #197
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You simply repeating the propaganda and fake news encouraged by the Telco industry. Propaganda takes a true statement, like cell-phones decreasing their power when close to a tower, and then jumps to a false conclusion.
Ah. My primary degree in question. I know for a fact that is a load of bollocks.

Why must you lie?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 02:42 PM   #198
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

So easy to make fake statements, then put your feet up and say show me the science. I will give you a hint.

Look at the time slot given to each cell phone. Check the peak power. Work out the duration of exposure for one call based on a average number of minutes per call. Remember the phone broadcasts away from the body. Estimate a typical number of calls per day. Calculate the energy absorbed by the whole body per day.

Then look at a tower. How many antennae are on a typical tower. Each antennae works full time handling a number of cell phones. What is the radiated power for a 20 meter tower with non-directional antennae 10 meters away from the tower. Then calculate the energy absorbed by the body of a person who works from home for each 24 hour period.

Compare the two.

Now take into account the reflections and recombinations of waves as they bounce around the house giving standing waves and short peak energies in the body.

Or you could do an experiment. Put a person in the house next to the tower and observe the health problems. Using people for experiments is supposed to be illegal, yet that is what is being done.

Check the wavelengths for 3G and 4G and check the dimensions of a person's head. Then check the penetration. How does that compare with a rats head. Do you think one can extrapolate from rats to people?
What a load of pseudo scientific nonsense.

You are comprehensively wrong, that is not how any of it works. Not even close.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2020, 03:01 PM   #199
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

Last edited by RedStapler; 25th April 2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 25th April 2020, 07:01 PM   #200
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
My God has taste.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories